Batman redux anyone? (LF M or F)

Started by MissMoonchild, August 23, 2011, 03:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissMoonchild

So I've always wanted to do a bit of an AU kind of batman story where the Waynes had a daughter instead of a son who grew up to be the dark knight. I have some ideas and I'll be honest and say I"m more familiar with the movies than I am the comics. It's also worth pointing out that I'm not totally ignorant when it comes to the comics either. Would love to find some one familiar with the cannon who'd be interested in doing this idea or perhaps a take on huntress where instead of doing her own thing, she takes up the mantel after dad retires or something like that.

I would want her to be just as tough as the batman we all know by night while playing the spoiled pampered rich princess by day. She doesn't care about her reputation, she's willing to do what she has to in order to draw suspicion as far from herself as possible and outdoing even paris hilton is a fantastic first step. She'll be as passionate and fierce as the batman we all know, she'll just be a woman.

I like the idea of a well rounded roleplay where we cover as much of her life out of the suit as we do in the suit.

If this sounds at all interesting let me know!

MissMoonchild

The above turned into a roleplay where I am playing batman's daughter Helena though we're doing something completely non-cannon with that. There are some Birds of Prey elements in there and it's more of her taking up her father's role as the bat.

Anyways, that rp is fun but I'm curious if I can get anything else going along similar lines. Throw some ideas at me on how we can gender swap Batman for Batwoman. I'm really excited about getting to play the character and obviously her love life is a part of that.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of going sort of cyberpunkish with this. Not silly neon lights like the two Shoemaker films but something gritty and interesting.

I've found some pictures while goofing around in the internet and thought I'd share them here as some possible OC villains as well!

MissMoonchild

I'm going to just keep posting things in this thread that inspire me for this potential roleplay. Hopefully I'll find partners to purge myself of these ideas with hehe. So I found some art for the batmobile that has to be my favorite...thought I'd post this.

MissMoonchild

Couple more villain ideas, also I had another Batwoman idea...

What if Bruce is ready to retire and goes on the hunt for a replacement. Nightwing passes but agrees along with Oracle to help train whoever he chooses. He finds a woman (much to Nightwing's surprise) who he thinks is a prime candidate and recruits her. Just a thought...

MissMoonchild

I thought I'd add that I'm happy to run the villains and other characters with some one else playing batwoman. I've had a few inquiries to this end and yes, I'd be happy to do it. Just know that with my limited knowledge of the cannon that I'll likely use a lot more OC villains and ancillary characters if I run things.