19th century costume drama setting - F looking for M

Started by RedEve, January 30, 2014, 04:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

I want to devote a slow-paced (I’m aiming for the posting frequency to settle at one post per week, per player, perhaps with an occasional two posts a week) 800-1000 word a post game to a costume drama set in the early 19th century. What I have in mind is pretty straightforward. The rakish second son of an English Earl is forced by his father to finally get married in exchange for his father paying off his massive debts. His bride to be is the daughter of a widowed American colonist who has made a fortune for himself on Fellowes Island (a fictional place East of Massachusetts).

The daughter is one of twin (non-identical) sisters, older than her sibling by twenty minutes and thus considered the eldest of the two. The younger twin is already engaged herself to a good match from a high-ranking member of Colonial society. Unlike her sibling, the older sister is not very much into balls, romance, … She also does not share her siblings dream to visit London, Paris, … Instead she is quite happy to remain on the Island where she grew up and has up until now been very happy.

This story would be set in 1825. The main focus would be to explore the developing relationship between the Earl’s son and this young woman. I see the male part to be a bit of a caddish fellow of around 35-40 years old. The young woman will be 19 years old, possess a sharp mind and bookish smarts but she will also be quite naïve and innocent due to her sheltered upbringing. And the fact that their father was rather overprotective of his two daughters after his wife passed away. I see the male character as being sexually dominant though not brutishly so.

After the wedding, the father figure will depart from his home in the New World to return to his house in London, leaving the mansion and properties on Fellowes Island to his new son-in-law to govern as he sees fit.

Please direct any interest at my PM inbox.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

RedEve

The two sisters will be called Melinda & Rosa Paleman.

The main protagonist will be Melinda Paleman.

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list