#ElliquiyProblems

Started by Fury Aphrodisia, September 24, 2016, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hob

Quote from: Lrrr on October 10, 2016, 02:12:49 PM
#ElliquiyProblems     Searching desperately for a way to turn mere typed words into a comment you could make face-to-face without fear of misunderstanding.

#ElliquiyProblems     Trying to develop a true friendship via PM exchanges while avoiding misunderstandings due to the limitations of a conversation via text only.  The same reason I avoid social media like the plague except for exchanging factual info or links.  I guess this one is close to the first problem, but I did want one specifically targeted at developing friendships, so ...

#ElliquiyProblems     Working with a writer who has a great imagination but not so hot writing skills.  Then wracking your brain while composing a sincere PM to offer help without insulting them or hurting their feelings.

#ElliquiyProblems     Loving long, detailed posts with a partner who feels the same.  Then trying to mesh the incredible ideas you've had for the post you're writing with the ten plot points your partner addressed in their last post while avoiding continuity problems or getting activities out of time sequence.  Ugh!

All of these.

Quote from: Doomsday on October 10, 2016, 04:35:35 PM
I prefer the Unread Replies function over actual bookmarks but I can't opt out of threads like #ElliquiyProblems... #ElliquiyProblems

And DEFINITELY this!!

When your computer's grammar- and spellchecker are at odds with the additional grammar- and spellchecker that you added on, and neither of them are designed to recognize common idioms, slang, or archaic spellings...

#ElliquiyProblems

Caedy

When you have an idea of how you want your signature to look but the coding repeatedly gives you the finger and you ultimately have to ask for help to fix it. #ElliquiyProblems
No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

Doomsday

Forgetting and thus contradicting character traits you'd written in the past, such as whether a character is a light sleeper or not; Worse, caring so much about those details that you sift through a dozen pages of posts to try to find your last reference to such a trait. #ElliquiyProblems

Trigon

Lack of time

#ElliquiyProblems

Fury Aphrodisia

Going to bed early, right after you figure out where that person's picture came from, feel like I should know that guy, what's that smirk all about, what do I search in Google, smirk? Holy crap that's a lot of results, maybe if I refine it? I can get throug- okay, still too many results. Refine now, the search ends up being "smirk man laugh scruff facial hair gif" and three hours after I normally go to bed exhausted, I finally discover who that was. Obsessiveness rewarded, I prepare coffee early for tomorrow.

#ElliquiyProblems
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Trigon

No wifi or cellular service available

#ElliquiyProblems

CuriousEyes

Quote from: Doomsday on October 10, 2016, 06:27:27 PM
Forgetting and thus contradicting character traits you'd written in the past, such as whether a character is a light sleeper or not; Worse, caring so much about those details that you sift through a dozen pages of posts to try to find your last reference to such a trait. #ElliquiyProblems

This one completely.

I've started making cheat sheets for a few characters - bullet points of things I need to remember when writing them. Yet to be sure if it helps

Caedy

You keep refreshing your bookmarks and about 10 minutes into doing such, you realize no replies are forthcoming because your partners are waiting on you....#ElliquiyProblems
(or maybe that one's just me >.>)
No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

Verasaille

Reminding yourself again and again not to poke for a post, knowing that is a no no. But the story is so damn fun you want a post NOW! (slaps fingers) Give it time...take a deep breath...he will post when he is inspired to do so...poking only irritates the Muse.

(deep sigh)

#Elliquiyproblems
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Oniya

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on October 11, 2016, 03:23:30 AM
Going to bed early, right after you figure out where that person's picture came from, feel like I should know that guy, what's that smirk all about, what do I search in Google, smirk? Holy crap that's a lot of results, maybe if I refine it? I can get throug- okay, still too many results. Refine now, the search ends up being "smirk man laugh scruff facial hair gif" and three hours after I normally go to bed exhausted, I finally discover who that was. Obsessiveness rewarded, I prepare coffee early for tomorrow.

#ElliquiyProblems

When you have TinEye show up on Google search after just typing 'T' - purely because of this situation.  #ElliquiyProblems.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hob

When you just get home from work, heavy traffic, blinding headache, you want to post... but also really, really want to nap...

#ElliquiyProblems.

Beguile's Mistress

Trying to write posts and having your own work put you to sleep.

#ElliquiyProblems

Trigon

Too many threads to post in!

#ElliquiiyProblems

Fury Aphrodisia

Quote from: Oniya on October 11, 2016, 05:41:14 PM
When you have TinEye show up on Google search after just typing 'T' - purely because of this situation.  #ElliquiyProblems.

"What is TinEye?" And here we go again. #ElliquiyProblems

Quote from: CuriousEyes on October 11, 2016, 09:00:08 AM
I've started making cheat sheets for a few characters - bullet points of things I need to remember when writing them. Yet to be sure if it helps

Scrivener won't copy/paste whole sections the right way to make character sheets the way I want them and I feel personally persecuted.

#ElliquiyProblems
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Fury Aphrodisia

Quote from: Oniya on October 11, 2016, 09:52:22 PM
https://www.tineye.com/

#Elliquiy...Solutions?

And then another four hours simply lined up for sacrifice.

#ElliquiySolutionsGoneWrong

Nico

Not finding a good, new avatar.

#ElliquiyProblems

Beguile's Mistress

Constantly coming up with things I wanna post somewhere and forgetting what they are by the time I get there.

#ElliquiyProblems

Chi

Forgetting that you owe a post then finding it and feeling like an idiot, though thankful that your writing partner is very understanding and says everything's cool.

#ElliquiyProblems
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Gman001

Favoriting all your inspiration and source pics on Tumblr for reference, then realizing you have 2,000 favorites to comb through.

#ElliquiyProblems

Trigon

Hob

Quote from: Gman001 on October 14, 2016, 10:52:51 AM
Favoriting all your inspiration and source pics on Tumblr for reference, then realizing you have 2,000 favorites to comb through.

#ElliquiyProblems

Having thousands of face claims and inspirational images, sorting through them, and then realizing that there is no way possible to play out all of the ideas that you have at once.

#ElliquiyProblems

Trigon

>:) >:) >:)

#ElliquiyProblems

Fury Aphrodisia

We'd like to keep posts here restricted to widely - relatable,  kind and lighthearted expressions that can go along with the hash tag, and commentary thereof.  Please refrain from cursing,  aggressions, emoticons that are unaccompanied by text and such. Talking about WiFi,  lack of time and too many threads? Wonderful. We'd love to welcome more of that.

Nico

Wanting to make more characters while knowing I already have enough.

#ElliquiyProblems