Dreamcatcher

Started by Captain Maltese, February 07, 2016, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

Last night I dreamed that I was going to prison. Went through the check-in procedure and everything. There were corridors and a cell. But there was also a woman. Definitely an investigator; she was in civilian clothes. She was kind of short and had long dark hair, and kept asking me about something that I refused to answer. Then some time passed. I was either finished with my sentence or let go, but the woman was waiting for me outside the gate and was still asking about the same things. I was still not giving her an answer.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Captain Maltese

Last night had a different theme. I was on the street, heading for an antiques store. I met a small group of people and a girl among them decided to follow me to the store. But she changed direction again at a street crossing and I did not see her again. Then I arrived at a cluster of small white two storey houses, sort of a quarter, and followed a narrow stair up to a second floor. There I found this delightful brightly lit shop full of collectibles and uniforms, some of which had been rebuilt to fantasy versions with bright colors and buttons. I talked with the shopkeepers who invited me into the back room where they were making more unique custom versions. Two men and one woman, all firmly in the hipster class. There was laughter, and they wanted me to start working there as well even if it was in jest. It was a wonderful place.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Captain Maltese

A really bad dream I wake up from now.

Shit was happening right in my home; there were a number of government people sniffing around under some context and they were looking grim. There was a meeting which I was not allowed to be a part of, and at that point I realized that I was better off doing a runner even if it meant leaving everything I owned behind, including my home. My home and the things inside it are very important to me. But soon I was on a beach, feeling sick but determined. And it was literally feeling like a bad dream but I could not wake up, even though I tried! Next I was running through the shallow sea water. Someone were chasing me, just for fun, and I grabbed an old small boat anchor and told them to go away, and they did. Then I was lying at the side of a road, peering at the traffic through the bushes while still wanting badly to wake up. Then a bus came by, I stopped it and asked the driver how far the money in my wallet could get me. She thought about it and gave me a name, but it would also take all the money I had. So she suggested somewhere a bit closer, I agreed and went to the back of the bus to sit. After a while the bus stopped again and three guys came on and seemed to be looking for someone, but they did not notice me and left. I eventually ended up at some kind of inn and stayed there for a long while.

I have rarely felt more relieved to wake up.

Trigon

I had a dream in which I was abducted by aliens. I woke up before they could do anything though :/

Autumn52

Last night my dream/nightmare was disturbing:

I was at a small apartment that I use to live at and I had so many people talking to/at me that I was having a headache. I finally told them to be quite and take turns and one of the women told everyone to be quite and let me think. The lady was clad in a white robe. She had some sort of authority and everyone got very quite. Next they all looked at me as if to ask me something and I was just confused as to why all these people were in my house.

The next thing I know their is a wolf by my side and he is comforting me. I can understand what he says to me even though he never spoke, it was like we were trading thoughts not words, if that makes any sense. He said that I could make them all go away, (all the people in my apartment) if I just closed the gate that I had opened. I didn't understand what he meant about a 'gate' being opened. He seemed disappointed in me and I started to cry. The woman in the white robe came forward and told my wolf to stop making me cry. Then all hell broke lose; men crashed down my door and as surprised as I was they seemed surprised as well. The older man of the group said, "where did all the people go?" I looked around and everyone was gone but then I looked closer and they were in the walls, sort of on the walls, or maybe they had become the walls. I saw eyes looking at me and then the wolf told me to tell them that I didn't know what people they were talking about, so I did. The older man slapped me and my wolf growled at him. He stepped back and told one of his men to shoot the wolf. He did and the bullet went through the wolf without harming him. But I wasn't so lucky. I felt a burning sensation in my right side and looked down to see a gapping wound. The wound was far bigger than a simple bullet would make so I looked up and the men were gone and I was lying on a table. I could feel the life draining out of me. The room I was in was white everything and the pain in my side was going away. I was covering in a white sheet that had blood all over it. Then a man that I knew a long time ago came and said to me, 'chose'?

I remember feeling relieved and sad and confused all at the same time. Then the people that were in my apartment in the beginning came back and all started talking again. My headache returned and then......I woke up. When I woke up Bella was licking my face and I felt tears streaming down my face. Once I was fully awake Bella lay her head on my chest. I don't know if she woke me up or if I just woke up.

I wish I could never sleep again.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Luryd

It was simple.
I don't really recall but I do remember the feeling of anger and the feeling of my skin tightening.
• Hyperspecfic fixation  • Open-minded
• Digital Artist  • Sona|OC shipper 
• Romance lover • Fated pair type
∆Venturing into unknow written lands∆

Trigon

I've dreamed about nothing before. Does that count?

Autumn52

Quote from: NecroMantid on June 08, 2017, 09:44:22 AM
It was simple.
I don't really recall but I do remember the feeling of anger and the feeling of my skin tightening.

*hugs if that is okay*

I have had dreams like that, it made me mad all day and I wouldn't know why. That is a horrible feeling, I hope you were able to shake it and not let it ruin your day.

Quote from: Trevino on June 08, 2017, 08:07:34 PM
I've dreamed about nothing before. Does that count?

If it bothered you or made you wonder then it counts. *hugs if that's okay*
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Trigon

Quote from: Xandi on June 09, 2017, 02:16:27 AM
If it bothered you or made you wonder then it counts. *hugs if that's okay*

YAY!

Captain Maltese

Last night I found myself in the Victorian, maybe Edwardian age. Somber black suit. And I was in some kind of gentleman's club, with a question mark on gentle. Because the guests were all mature men but somewhat seedy, and the waiters were all men but also very young and pretty. The kind of place where the guests groped waiter ass but without the waiters complaining. I had my eyes on a waiter myself. So. It was in this setting that I was approached by someone lawyer like who handed me a large amount of money in a bag, and a list of names. All male names; people who were not present. I was asked to help to give the money to the men, some of which were very poor and and some of which were already very rich. We discussed who should get much money and who should get little, and in the end I was allowed to make individual judgement in each case. This job would be taking quite a while.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

Pandemonium. Last night the dreams just didn't want to stop. What you get here is just a few and not necessarily in the correct sequence.

I was talking with two men, who seemed to be lovers - one was dressed leisure suit style, the other was more biker or hipster. I think I got some advice. Then I went to visit some relatives. Someone was offended, there was an argument and I left. But I did locate a few of my mislaid possessions while I was there, a pair of yellow work gloves in particular.

Then I went on a train. I bought a ticket that gave me possession of the last four wagons; it was sort of like a long apartment only when I opened the doors or looked out the windows, the landscape was moving around me. Very beautiful and peaceful. Then I put on my dinner jacket. This took a while because I could not locate the holes for the arms; the openings I tried first all turned out to be pockets or open seams. I went to the dining car; the car was huge and there were lots of people sitting there eating. I found a waiter and asked for my place but he said I needed a reservation. I said I had one and showed him my ticket but he insisted I needed a special one. So no food for me.

The last part of the dream was at night, in America. I know this because I knew I was at a 4th of July celebration. There were huge statues or figures, flood lights going upwards, fireworks, fountains and music. Very festive.

Trigon

I had a dream about falling.... forever

Captain Maltese

Two dreams last night. First one about a tall guy in white clothes who was writing reviews about gas stations. Then one about a government trap; an agency was posing as a weapons store selling guns online but it was really a way to lure people into making illegal purchases so they could arrest them and take all their weapons. These were unusual dreams because I was not part of either story line, just observing from the sideline.

Captain Maltese

Last night was filled with dreams of computer crime.

First, I was at a school in a room full of computer. There was a young insistent woman beside me, who wanted me to do something with the school system so she could get a free something at the lunch counter. I was not keen on doing what was obviously a crime. She pushed me until I did it though, and at that point she gathered up her things and left without a word. I hurried to log on again and get into the system so I could erase my tracks.

Then I was at a conference or seminar of some kind, full of computer guys. The crime this time had to do with two identical wheeled black suitcases under some kind of brownish plastic rain cover, who turned to be very different on closer inspection. Me and another man was doing something to them while being in a room to ourselves.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

Two dreams tonight.

First dream looked suspiciously like someone's plot idea. A Cajun woman, yes that was specified in the dream and I don't even know what a Cajun woman IS, is living a rough life. Which changes entirely when she wakes up to find herself having become a vampire. That was the entire dream.

Next dream was scarier and rather more personal. I was at home, and a dentist was doing a home visit to check my teeth out. One tooth had to go. Before he left, he insisted on making dinner. Some sort of rice and meatball dish. I wasn't hungry but at least he left. There were several other people in the house though; they were not hungry either. Then the sea started to get violent; the radio was telling about ships breaking down. I was struggling to get into rubber boots and an overall and tried to talk one of the women - I knew her well btw - to come down to the beach to look for wreckage but she didn't want to come; instead she wanted to wander off with another woman in the house. I asked them if they wanted to check out the circus gear stowed into the barn, but they were not interested in that either. Then one of the neighbors' cats wandered by. I lifted it up to look at its collar, but instead of a name there were settings for a good old fashioned IDE disc drive.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream: there was a somber man in a dark room, sitting in a chair, possibly guarding something. Then I think he was killed and a man in a very brightly colored uniform took his place. Then there was a woman, with a dagger, who killed him and took his place. Then... I woke up.

Captain Maltese

A strangely complete dream last night. There was a man. He was old, bitter, cantankerous and not all there, but with the body and bearing of an officer. I saw him in a garden. I got the impression he was living with relatives or neighbors, and they were not too happy to have him there. At one point he attacked and destroyed a small tree in their garden because it was angering him. I talked with the neighbors and they said they were talking about having him place in some kind of caretaking home, so they could have room to care for someone else. The whole dream was giving me chills and I was glad to wake up.

Trigon

Today's dream was an infinite regress. I think I woke up like, 20 times, before waking up for real. It was pretty annoying  >:(

Captain Maltese

Hell on a biscuit. Tonight's dreams were worthy of Tim Burton.

There was this perfectly normal-looking town on a hill. A street with people in it, including this huge troll which was really a number of people in a costume. Then a police woman ran up to me and started hugging me joyfully, which was really weird, both because I did not know her and because she was about one foot tall - when I talked to her she merely purred. But she was a real cop in a real uniform and her tiny little radio set was crackling with static.

Then there was this huge storage hall and I went to look at a boat which I clearly had something to do with, it was some sort of civilian amphibious house car full with gear for a trip. Beside it was a mass of other boats and vehicles stacked, including Sherman tanks made from rubber. Then I was distracted when someone wanted me to look at some papers; I went up to an office then returned, and suddenly the storage place was being emptied for some new purpose and I could not find my boat car again. But then I saw the proprietress; she was slick and evil and had become an enchantress and behind her walked several enormous skeletal elementals and I ran for it. At this point someone friendly was with me, one or two people, and something very important had occurred to me, and I said to them "Now I know what matters when nothing matters anymore!" then ran to bypass the evil group to reach somewhere before they did. But the hallways had been fenced off by random crap; when I tried to get through I saw the enchantress pass me just feet away. She either ignored me or didn't see me. But behind her, bobbing in the air, were the human heads of two more elementals; their compressed bodies where bundled under their heads like spider limbs. They stopped beside me and seemed to sense my presence, but then moved on. And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

Tonight I dreamed of a nameless broken city, dark and wartorn. Could have been some Eastern European place. Could have been the Middle East. It was in the middle of the night, few lights. It may have been raining. All I knew as I stood on the street with a pistol in my pocket was that I had come there to fight in a war. The gun was heavy.

I was climbing through what may have been a hotel. Electricity was gone, there were crushed walls and bricks and rubble. No people. I found several rooms crammed with food remains; the cans were open and everything had spoiled.

Then I was back on the street. There were tall trees or hedges on one side; the wet leaves glittered in a solitary street lamp. I passed a military truck. As I did so, a tall man in fatigues started following after me. This was not good and I got the gun out and let it hang from my hand. The follower trailed off. But I was barely armed for this place.

A little later I was in a gun seller's truck. The selection was not great and my fund were also limited. I purchased a worn, oldfashioned submachinegun and a few magazines.

Not far off in an open area I could hear shooting. I could see a few other men, armed, in dull informal uniform clothes, and we seemed to be on the same side. They were all going in the same direction with guns raised. I followed them into the darkness. Shots were fired, both ways. I shot too. The gun was awkward to hold. Then I was hit in the left foot blade and it hurt. Bad. But it must have been a small bullet or a high velocity one because I was able to continue forward. I was bleakly aware that the wound would have to be seen to very soon or I could risk losing my foot.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

Tonight's dream was of space exploration. More precisely perhaps, planet exploration.

I was in a space suit, but the sky was blue. Underneath me was a planet whose uninhabited craggy landscape was wild and unfamiliar, but also full of gnarly forests and snow - and not that far below. Maybe a few thousand feet? Closing in was a tube-like white ship that was not moving in any direction, and was also fairly small. I went in through the smaller airlock. There was just one other person aboard, who greeted me with little more than a nod.

Soon after that I was down on the planet surface with the other person. A woman. We were doing some sort of task, complaining about the snow, when we saw another ship arrive and we sped back up to our ship. When we got there they had already entered the ship by the big ship docking airlock in the other end. As we entered by the maintenance airlock the other guys, 3 of them including a tall blonde guy, started to suit up to get in with us by the other airlock and there was a hilarious moment when we said they could just open the compartment door and walk in to join us.

And then I woke up.

vastowen456

This dream is a couple months old, but I like to talk about it every time I get a chance.
I was extremely tired when I went to sleep, so it felt as if as soon as my head touched the pillow, I was in the dream. It felt strange, because it seemed, to me, that it actually was INSTANT. It just invoked some weird feeling. So, what the dream was, it was like my entire field of view was some black construction paper, and the wall that I fell asleep facing was being traced on it, every bump, crack, or little detail, in this white chalk. It was quite fast, from left to right. (I had an extremely detailed wall, it was really bumpy, kindve like a popcorn ceiling but smoother) Then, when it finished tracing the wall and the edge of the bed in front of me, the paper started burning, and I could hear hundreds of myself screaming.

I woke up, and the first thing I saw was that outline of the wall, and the edge of my bed from the dream. This is one of the few times I've actually woken up screaming.

Very shaking.

Also, as if to support my feeling that the dream was instant, it was about 45 minutes later.
Not exactly instant, but close enough for a dream.
"Stop procrastinating, and get to work dammit."

~ Everyone

Autumn52

Usually a black wall in a dream means our subconscious. Being drawn on by white chalk I would think would be self explanatory, it is your subconscious trying to communicate something important to you. The next part of your dream is the most interesting to me. I think this is your subconscious telling you to let all the things in your past, all the things that maybe only you know about, let them go. Burning in a dream can have several meanings but in this context I would think that it would mean letting those things go up in smoke. The hundreds of yourselves screaming, well maybe you aren't as ready to let go of those things as your subconscious is?

I have studied dream interpretation a little. By no means am I an expert, but maybe some of this will make sense to you and give you some peace.

When a dream is so strong that it affects your waking self and leaves this kind of impression, it really speaks to me. I have had nightmares for years and after I had a burning ceremony they decreased a lot. They didn't go away but they did get better. Instead of waking in a cold sweat, sometimes screaming, every night it has gone to about two or three times a month. I consider that a success.

I hope you feel better now after a couple months have passed. Good luck and I hope you find resolution.

*hugs, if that is okay*

vastowen456

Thank you for the interpretation! It was really interesting,  and provided a new way to look at that nightmare. And thinking about it, maybe the explanation makes sense to me? I'll have to think about it more.

Thanks again!

*and hugs are very okay*

In high-school, I used to always have those dreams where you go to school naked, not realizing it till you get there and people make fun of you.
I was told these dreams usually mean you don't have very high self-esteem, or something like that, and I didnt back then.

Anyway, I'm rambling lol.
"Stop procrastinating, and get to work dammit."

~ Everyone

Captain Maltese

Two dreams, over the last few days.

I dreamed that I was walking through some sort of brightly lit hall. It may have been a big store. There were shelves with music DVDs and greeting cards, and cafes with coffee and baked goods. I think I was wearing a long black coat but not feeling out of place in the urban crowd. Then a couple of shelves away two women were looking at cards and one of them, with very short white or blondee hair, read aloud from one card she was holding; the first line of a poem I was familiar with. I automatically read aloud the second line from memory. Without missing a beat she closed the card and read the third line aloud. I read the fourth, she the fifth, and I the sixth and final. We smiled and they left, but she left the card on the shelf. I moved on.

Second dream. I was talking with a woman. She looked perfectly normal. I could only see her in half profile from the neck and up. Then she turned her head to look directly at me and the other half of her face looked like it had been terribly damaged; lots and lots of scars and skin that looked dead. But she kept talking and seemed otherwise unaffected.