Dreamcatcher

Started by Captain Maltese, February 07, 2016, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

Quote from: Captain Maltese on August 29, 2017, 07:24:20 PM
Two dreams, over the last few days.

I dreamed that I was walking through some sort of brightly lit hall. It may have been a big store. There were shelves with music DVDs and greeting cards, and cafes with coffee and baked goods. I think I was wearing a long black coat but not feeling out of place in the urban crowd. Then a couple of shelves away two women were looking at cards and one of them, with very short white or blondee hair, read aloud from one card she was holding; the first line of a poem I was familiar with. I automatically read aloud the second line from memory. Without missing a beat she closed the card and read the third line aloud. I read the fourth, she the fifth, and I the sixth and final. We smiled and they left, but she left the card on the shelf. I moved on.

Second dream. I was talking with a woman. She looked perfectly normal. I could only see her in half profile from the neck and up. Then she turned her head to look directly at me and the other half of her face looked like it had been terribly damaged; lots and lots of scars and skin that looked dead. But she kept talking and seemed otherwise unaffected.

Some of this is very familiar. Weird huh?

That first dream reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.  :-\
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Captain Maltese

The dream world is a weird place, Xandi. Some of it is more real than it appears.

-----

Tonight was filled with troubled and dark dreams. I was briefly visiting family members, who were having other visitors on a holiday as well for a. Everything seemed normal until I could see a multiply colored creature on the wall. I thought it was a parrot at first but it turned out to be a big lizard colored green, red, yellow. I had barely noticed it before a much bigger lizard came walking up to me on the living room floor. A komodo dragon, the size of a dog. It wanted to cuddle I think but I held it away. When it yawned at me it had a mouthful of huge sharp green teeth which I didnt like the sight of at all.

Then I found myself at what seemed like an out of town convention. No costumes but a number of young people seeming organized and determined. I was at a meeting, watching a screen, and frankly being a bit bored. I eventually walked down to the cellar garage and then thing turned interesting. There was a sort of slab, an artifact, that definitely did not belong with the cars. I stood there for a while and then others turned up who explained about it. Even some bikers passed by and I noticed them but right then I did not know why. After a little while I was brought to some kind of beach resort. There were wooden building, a board walk along the water edge, and all along the board walk were pillar-like artifacts that seemed ancient and powerful. I was there for a while until something approached me that was intelligent but not human. It hovered in the air and I think we talked.

And then a big rabbit came walking towards me. It seemed normal from a distance but it fell over as it got near and became still. That was when I saw that it was hollow and part of the fur was gone. Inside were a mass of gears and wires and cogwheels, all slick and green. Mechanical, but not constructed by a human.

I left after a while, found a car and headed into the nearby forest road. Something about the car wasnt functioning right and I was rolling backwards and downwards but somehow managed to stop it. When I got out of the car and looked along the road I could see a column of very small humanoids in slick black armor march single file up the road, like one foot tall vikings.

After a bit I came to what looked like a bikers club. A low bunkerlike building with a guard outside, who looked alarmed when he saw me and had signs of having been recently beaten. He recognized me from the cellar and tried to talk me out of entering but did not stop me. Inside there were more bikers, all seeming alarmed and uncomfortable at seeing me, and all looked like they had been stomped on. We talked about something and then I left.

And then I woke up.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Captain Maltese

Two dreams tonight. The first was not good.

I was driving along a very narrow road; just a single track. There were passengers in my car and we were talking. Some sort of driving computer was showing a camera screen on the dashboard, showing the car ahead of us and indicating it with a white square a well. The car ahead was struggling, and as we watched it slid and got stuck. We laughed and I braked, then drove back and left a few meters because the computer indicated a T-crossing. But as soon as I had backed in there between two houses there was a muted crashing sound and then my car slid back into emptiness. After a second I realized the car had not stopped and that this would not end well, and I turned to my passengers and said 'I am sorry'. After that, only blackness.

The second dream started out at some kind of party. There was music, people in party clothes, laughter, a clothes wardrobe guard. But this was not a public place, more like someone's private club or stronghold. I was invited into the back area and there they had a lot of weapons; complete ones and parts. Assault rifles and other guns. I was interested of course and we made a trade deal for some parts. That's all I remember.

And then I woke up.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Captain Maltese

I was in a big building of sorts with several floor where history was being researched. There were history books on shelves and tables everywhere and the walls were bright white. Down in the cellar there were a combined holding cell and hospital area, and in one cell I found Hitler, wearing a hospital gown. We talked briefly. He said he had lost all his memories but when I mentioned a few bad things he had done, he was defensive in a happy way as if he saw no reason to feel remorse.

A car, and a young woman. She was attractive but had some trouble with the car and I tried to help her fix it by adding and removing panels. She eventually drove off and I was hoping I would bump into her again. I don't remember what she looked like but the car was black.

A fast drive down a narrow snowy winter road surrounded by tall trees, in the middle of the night. I was a passenger. The man who drove the car drove faster and faster and I was getting quite uncomfortable. After a while I was walking along the road instead and others were passing the other way. I could see lights from a city in the distance.

I was going to help someone put together a table. The trouble was that the main parts were at one location, the screws another place and the tools a third. So I had to drive from place to place and I got annoyed.

I was on an airport. I may have been looking for someone. But instead I kept finding things that people had dropped. Wallets, lighters, jewelry, fobs. I returned most of it to the owners but pocketed a few items I thought I'd never find the owner for, like an old lighter. A few things were lying outside a shops stall and when I realized the stuff belonged there, I turned it in to the guy who ran it. One old lady tried to knock me down with her stick because I was standing in her way. She said "I'll hit ya."  As I went out the front doors a long slender black woman turned to look at me. I don't know why. The last set of keys and wallets were on the road on the outside, by a car full of people. I picked it up and handed it to one of them, a sparsely haired guy in a suit, and he said thank you but he seemed like he didn't really care.

vastowen456

I had a dream I was chasing someone. I don't know who, but for some reason in the dream I was determined to find out who it was. It was a she, and she looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on who it was. It was a rather short dream, because I tripped and woke up :/

I haven't had many dreams lately.
"Stop procrastinating, and get to work dammit."

~ Everyone

Autumn52

I had a waking dreaming the other day:

I was in an underground location and on what was like an op but I'm not sure if it was. I had on all black and felt completely alone on this mission I had to complete. Between me and doing what I was suppose to do was a large man with many guns. I knew if I did what I had to do I would die but if I didn't do it others would die. I don't remember anything else but I woke up with a terrible pain in my side and crying. It was very upsetting for some reason. I still feel upset by it. *shakes head*
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Captain Maltese

One of those observed dreams.
There was the inside of a salt mine, worked by prisoners and supervised by Turkish or French soldiers. I could see them working to make a round upward shaft in the white material. The uniforms indicated this was around World War One. All the civilian clothes appeared Arabic but several of the prisoners were white men. There was an escape. One man was covering his face with a garment to hide ugly scars on one cheek. There was a river, and the little group of escapees were in tiny canoes going down the stream. Finally, a western street somewhere far away. Four men were left. One white, three Arabs. They were standing outside the white man's house, carrying his wounded body, commenting on his wounds but claiming he would live, and then they carried him inside. There servants took him over but the authority of the house, a father/officer thanked the three Arab by making them nobles or something similar.

A dream I definitely was in.
I woke up in bed with a woman, not knowing how I had gotten there but I seemed to be quite welcome. From there it got odd, because first her sister peeked in by the door and said hello and then her mother. There was breakfast with all of them, eggs in a pan, and they all sounded like I was likely to be hanging around - and I still could not remember how I had gotten there. And then it got even busier, as she started to call her band buddies who all turned up in a sour mood to get the instruments she had been storing for them, to make room for my stuff. And then a whole special effects group, retrieving all the miniatures and not so miniature stage models she also had been storing. I was NOT happy that my presence was setting all this in motion.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

Another busy night in dreamland.

I was traveling through prisons, in some official capacity - I was not a prisoner myself. Lots of white walls and prisoners. But I was running into some of them again and again. One was a bald slender man, neither young nor old, with intense eyes. Another was a trio of young women, with the same anxious look. They all kept telling me the same thing: "Memento Mei. Remember me." Except it could also have been "Memento Mori"...

I was in a car, driving into a big city. I took a left turn instead of a right turn on the fringe of the city and ended up in a dark slum; concrete tunnels, decaying buildings, grey people. Someone told me to get out and how, but in a friendly way. And so I navigated back out and managed to get into the other end of the city. Which was clearly somewhat more affluent, but even there people looked distraught and there was trash everywhere. I went into a restaurant looking for a man, but he was gone. As I were talking with the others there came a shout, someone came running in and told everyone that a man - the one I had been looking for - had been found in a nearby trash bin, shot dead.

Captain Maltese

I was driving to visit someone; we were going to do something. I parked outside his house to wait. But I was very tired, so I fell asleep in the parked car for a while. Then I woke up as no less than four black-dressed priests came out of the house; I could see their white collar things. They came to the car and one of them said sternly that I couldn't stay parked there. I said that I had just fallen asleep, and then I drove off. I never saw the guy I was supposed to meet.

Then I was doing something with some sort of white drone; it was flying about me but there was rope or wire hanging down to the ground. It started to fly away on its own accord and I followed it, across an area until it slipped into the upper floor window of some company offices. I went in there and was allowed upstairs; the drone had stuck to some cables and stuff high on a wall. In the mean while I had realized that I knew some of these people; I had worked with them before. That was awkward but they were friendly; a contract or milestone was being celebrated and I was offered cake with them.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

I dreamed I was a young girl. That has to be a first in all my years of dreaming. I was in a school class, disrupting it by listening to music on my laptop while the teacher talked and louder than I realized. The teacher threw me out and told me I was not to return. Outside the school building I met a sad man in black oldfashioned clothes. He told me in very bad English he was from Poland, and showed me some sort of crude metal framed plates he had invented. They were interesting. And then I woke up.

AmberStarfire

I had a dream and Yggdrasil was in it.

I'd been out with my mother, and she was telling me about a RL friend of mine, who I think had means things to say about me. I also didn't think she was well, and there was a general concerned tone to the conversation. We were sitting in a room (a bit like a shopping centre, though it had more of a convention feel to it) when I spotted the guy who played Mal in Firefly (in costume). He was with Catherine Zeta Jones (she was in a wheelchair), and there were some other people with them. I traded joking comments with 'Mal' (which my mother didn't understand at all I think), and I remember everyone was heading off into another room. A young boy took my hand and led me in there, where I think there was going to be some kind of performance/show. I think he may have had a slight blue tinge to his skin. I was worried about leaving my bags but I found later that I'd brought them with me.

I was in a different section, but it turned out there was one seat left beside my mother, so I sat there. The lady who played Faith in Buffy was around too, but I didn't see her, and I wasn't sure where she was going to sit, but I know she was going to join us.

Then the camera panned out and down, and we were up high/among clouds, and as it panned down, there was a giant tree (that I recognised as Yggdrasil - though its bark was almost orange), and we must've been among its canopy. I remember runes, though I don't remember how or why. As though they somehow marked where we were.

Captain Maltese

A strange dream last night. I was a pirate, apparently. There was this giant wooden jumbled structure of sail ship parts, ladders, beams, gangways, and I was exploring it. I was not alone. There was a young woman there too, a girl rather, who I seemed to be vaguely or distantly related to, and we were not getting on well. There was something furtive about her. We were looking for a treasure or something else valuable. After a while the girl abandoned me, vanished up to the surface, and I heard hard unwelcome voices. Government people of some kind, and the girl's voice was with them. Apparently I had been sold off or revealed. I kept on searching but had a dull knowledge that once I got out of this place, I would be seized or arrested or killed. This kept on for a while. Then, from a different direction, there was other voices, angry ones. These I recognized. They were my crew. They had found out I had been betrayed and were on a rescue mission.

Then I woke up.

vastowen456

I had.. an odd experience a night or two ago.
I had a dream about an odd children's castle-looking place, with seemingly randomly shaped boards of bright colors, like one would be a bright blue, another neon yellow, and yet another a bright red, with no sense to the colors other than their obnoxious brightness. It reminded me of a clown, somehow.
Well, I walked up to it, and the door was too short, and I attempted to lean down to go through, but I hit my forehead on the frame, and woke up.

Then, in a groggy state, I attempted to remember the dream, and slipped back into it, yet I still felt awake. It was strange. It felt like a memory, yet also like a dream.

I did a lucid dreaming test on myself, and I could indeed breathe through my nose with it pinched, yet I still wasn't sure if it was a memory or a dream.

Either way, I attempted to walk through the doorway again, and the same thing happened. Yet this time, instead of banging my head on the frame, it phased through.. an odd feeling.

I saw one of my old friends, and followed them through the weird place.

Something happened, I don't remember what, and it was morning.

The whole dream had an odd creepy vibe to it.
"Stop procrastinating, and get to work dammit."

~ Everyone

Captain Maltese

A night full of busy dreams that made little sense. A lot of people walking along a path. Preparations for a party. Dogs walking around. Me looking for stuff in boxes, especially a goblet I was going to drink wine from. Two moments stuck though. I was looking at a mirror to check on my clothes - and the mirror was showing me in a different position than I was standing in. I looked again and the mirror image seemed normal again. This happened twice. Then I was at a party and someone handed me a pair binoculars that had an extraordinary effect - each tube showed two different futures. In one, I could see myself in a prison yard. In the other, things seemed more benign. The owner told me that this was the two possible outcomes of my current actions, depending on my choices.

And then I woke up. Somewhat worried.

SeraphAzriel

I woke up, pulled on my long jons and underlayers, threw on a sweater and thick socks.  Grabbed wallet, keys, and phone.  Went downstairs and got coffee brewing.  Took up a stalk of celery and gnawed a carrot as I told myself that I was most definitely waking up.  Packed up my lunch for the day.  Swapped slippers for a pair of work boots.  Then headed out the door.  That was right about the time my alarm woke me up.  Then I realized that I'd have to do everything I'd just dreamed about.  X D X

Captain Maltese

A really odd dream last night. I was in Asia, and it was in a distant past. I was on the border between two countries, and there was this odd tall rectangular building between them, built of stones or masonry - definitely not modern concrete. I was walking through it, up a long staircase, and I could see into a large number of rooms - and there was personal armor everywhere in those rooms, enough to equip an army. When I entered the place it seemed empty but a man came walking in from a side hallway; he looked important and was followed by a number of guards.

Captain Maltese

Last night I dreamed that I enlisted, as a Norwegian, in the Swedish Army, since I had the qualifications for a specialist job there.

I have no idea why. But the dream was REALLY specific about those details.

Captain Maltese

This one gets spooky.

Last night I dreamed I was visiting the home of an antiques dealer. I felt younger than I am today. He was older,  had a lot of stuff around the place, and seemed slightly physically disabled but pleasant enough. I was wandering around the place looking at the things he had. There was also another visitor; a young woman, long black hair, distinctly cool type, and a little out of place. She and the older guy was talking in a discrete way while making sure I could not follow the conversation. I wandered out of earshot a bit and found a table where there was a magazine called "Dante Club". It was BDSM-related, with articles and about domination and submission.

Then I woke up. The dream was still strong in my mind and I googled "Dante Club". And there IS a "Club Dantes Inferno", in Los Angeles. Definitely the BDSM lifestyle too. And I can guarantee you, I have never heard of it before. 

Captain Maltese

Last night I dreamed I was at some sort of formal social function. In present time, meaning early winter. The kind where I wouldn't really want to be and wasn't actually needed, but would need a really good reason for not showing up. So I was there. This was at some kind of country estate with old buildings. I knew some of the people there, but I was in a dark mood and felt distanced from the conversations. I had been on better terms with the people there in the past, and now there were happiness and expectations I was not part of. And odd things started to happen. I looked at a light fixture and the lightbulb blew right there and then. I moved on, looked at a wine glass and it broke without being touched. Then in the main room, I looked at a lamp beside an old woman and the lamp swung out through the window and went dark - the woman looked at me quite alarmed, but said nothing.

Then I walked further through the room to where the main group was sitting, including an old man I had had some okay conversation with early. I stood beside him, and took the word just as there was a silent moment. "I and (his name, I forgot it) would like to read you guys something. It's called 'Last lull of the autumn'." The man lit up and said "Oh, I think I know that one - isn't it" and started on some poem but I put a hand on his shoulder and said 'no, it's like this."

And then I drew in air deeply, and howled. Like a wolf, except instead of the howl dying at the end it became shriller and wilder like a banshee - and then the world changed. The wind around the houses started to whirl madly, the sky became wollen and unclear, and the nearby pine forest seemed to grow taller and move closer, shaking off the ice and snow and radiating greenness like it was indeed early autumn. The fireplace inside the house grew from dull red to light orange and roared like it had been filled with fuel and hot air.

Everything grew silent. I felt naked, revealed. And then I woke up.

Autumn52

I think these last few dreams tell a lot, don't you?

Interest for sure.

Here is something for us to ponder. It isn't just a dream but also during waking hours...It is someone I have been thinking about.

I haven't seen this person in years and yet she is at the forefront of my mind lately. I can't seem to shake the thoughts of her out of my mind.
The thoughts are about sad things. Events that happened to her and I when I was a few years younger than I am now. We shared some time
working for the same people and in some dangerous situations at times. These thoughts of her always come back to the way she died. I can't
stop thinking about her....It is driving me insane at times. I ask my guide why??? and he does what he always does....no answer.

Any clues? I tried talking to her and got no response from her....Others we happy to use the opening but not her. If you have any clues, please
I am open to it.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack your thread Captain but you probably know about what I am talking about, and it is related cause I have been
dreaming about her every night.

Okay I will leave it there. Thanks in advance to anyone who has some ideas.....

Captain Maltese

I catch your meaning Xandi. PM is coming.

This morning I woke up feeling like a message recorder. No images left, no actions, just three words. "Check out 'xxxxxxxx'." I have no idea what it means but on the off chance that I will find out, I am withholding the last word for now. It is a long time since I last woke up with a sentence alone in my mind.

Captain Maltese

Strange one last night. Then again, they are all strange. I dreamed I was out fishing at the shore, and caught what the dream called a 'kraken' - pretty hideous thing but only the size and length of a shark. I was going to throw it back into the sea but someone said that Somalian restaurants were paying for these in gold in their own weight. So I sold it to a restaurant, got well paid and an invite for a meal as well. I went there and the place had dark wooden panels, white table cloths, people were wearing suits - unexpectedly stylish really. There were other guests there too. One woman opened a cupboard and screamed; we looked. And there was a kraken skull, decorated with a blonde wig and makeup.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

Last night I dreamed I was on an unfamiliar church yard, looking for a grave. I knew the name and where the grave was supposed to be, but it still wasn't there. There were green metal poles all over the place; I thought they were some kind of markers. Eventually I found out that the grave had been moved to a mass grave; there was a large stone marker with a title and many names; the one I had been looking for was there too.

JustAlexander

I don’t dream all that often but I had a really good one over the weekend.  Even though there aren’t many details it left me feeling blissfully peaceful when I woke up.

I can’t remember what the surroundings were like, but I was sitting next to my girlfriend (who was holding her baby daughter) and she was leaning her head on my shoulder and I had mine leaning on hers.  And for the most part we just sat there.  Occasionally we would both turn our heads so we could look each other in the eyes and share a smile knowing that we were both completely happy and content in that moment.

Captain Maltese

Last night I dreamed I was doing some construction work, containers and heavy lifting gear was involved, when I suddenly remembered I should be on an appointment with a doctor right then. I left the work knowing I was going to be way late. But I got there; a tall building with many windows that was sort of triangular from above. It was crowded inside; I was on one of the top floors and little offices and workers and patients were everywhere. I located the floor reception desk and the woman behind it told me I had to pay for the appointment I had not met, and then she told me I could go and knock on the door of one of the doctors on the floor. Which I did; he had round glasses and a white coat and was slightly miffed to lose his break. We went to the cafeteria though, and had coffee while I talked about my current health. He seemed pleased, Then I sad something foolish like 'well have your coffee damnit!' and he got back to being miffed. Before I left he handed me some mood enhancing pills.