I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatKwik

Mine was coined for me by a close friend on E. It's my principal character created a while ago and well the Kwik seemed fitting. She is a character close to my heart, so only fitting I borrow her name.

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

HannibalBarca

I respect the ancient general Hannibal Barca.  After writing four research papers on the man, including my final paper in my senior seminar, I feel I know him better than most people.  Considering the only material about him comes from the histories of his enemies, the Romans, all information about him has to be looked at through the lens of those people.  They praised him as the one man who came closest to bringing their nation to ruin, so that's saying something.  He brought men of all cultures, classes, and backgrounds into his army, and forged a fighting force that operated efficiently and with deadly capability despite the numerous languages spoken.  He was a leader in an age when leading meant you were in the front of the battle, into combat first--he was a highly accomplished and deadly combatant as well as a brilliant general.  And, most importantly, he lived his life with honor.  He fought to guarantee the freedom of his own land, not for glory or riches or power.  He freed allies of the Romans after capturing them in battle, telling them that he had no quarrel with them, only with the country that sought to hold his own under their thumb.  And while he gave enemy leaders no easier time in combat, he did give them the full respect and burial they deserved as leaders of their nations.  He is the kind of leader we rarely see anymore in this world.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Nexus1199

I was listening to the song "One Eye One Horned Flying Purple People Eater"and looking through pictures. I came across one called Nexus and loved it. THe numbers are a joke between a friend and myself from ages ago.

submissive12310

My username is pretty much self explainatory.  Lol

Hue Ran

When I started roleplaying 13 years ago I wanted to create a character and name for that character that was both amazing  and sounded cool. So what did I come up with. Hue Ran. Pronounce it slowly and what do you hear?

U..... Ran.

lol. I use the name for just about everything, even started writing a book and the main characters name is Hue Ran. So yup that's why I chose Hue Ran.

Risky Kisses

My favorite character I played from the City of Heroes MORPG.

Elisyyr LeTharne

I'm a DJ, and a pony? Nah! It's because Vinyl Scratch is awesome, but that name was taken. So I went with her stage name, DJ PON-3!
~I like the sound of the broken pieces, I like the lights inside what she says, we got machines but the kids got Jesus, we like to move but we both don't need this! We like to dance but the dead go faster! Turn up the SLAM now barcode blaster, we want the cash all the junk you're after! Rise up control for the next tape measure! Teenage girls with ESP! Girls with guns on LSD!~

CharlotteBelle

'Cause I'm a literature geek.

Charlotte for Charlotte Perkins-Gilman and Belle for The Belle Jar by Sylvia Plath.

Tise

I chose my name because it's completely original. Like on almost every online game or forum that I've made a profile on this name has always been available. Rarely do I ever find someone else with the same name and because of that I usually don't have to put numbers at the end of it.
Not All Who Wonder Are Lost

bowbeforeyourqueen

I picked my name because I wanted to express that I am a domme without seeming to vulgar. I think it gets the point across :)
Come play with me if you dare...

Ons & Offs

Thesunmaid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnOS6mGrzdw

this song...soul asylum used to be one of my favorite bands in high school and I always loved Dave Pirner's voice in this song. Its not an angry or sad song and its just sort of relaxing. So for anyone guessed it was because of raisins sorry to disappoint. Although the line about how she never gets laid...yeah I do lol.

But this album and band still are one of my favorites.:)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Dez

I chose this name because I've had it for years. However, when I first joined E, I didn't realize that. I believe I've had this name since the early 90's.

Etherealdreamer

... because my dreams are rarely of this earth. :)
'Cherish friendship in your breast-
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.'

Chaosengine

The game from the bitmap brothers was a great game!

Bruja

Contrary to popular opinion, my name is not short for Rapture. My name is 'rapt attention' because of its constant repetition in a series of books I love. It rolled off the tongue to beautifully and so aptly described my personal intensity that I could not help but use it pratically everywhere.

Chasseybaby

No one could say my real name correctly, so I took on the name of the first character I ever made on a role playing site, Chasity. Soon people were shortening it to Chas to chassey. I was the baby of the group so I was then named Chasseybaby. ^^

goodbyeskyharbor

Its the title of a song by one of my favorite bands, Jimmy Eat World. =)

Seeing them perform this song live was the closest to a religious experience I've ever had.

Toral Stimins

One of the many characters of the Malazan Books of the Fallen Series, Toral Stimins is Master Engineer of the Stormwall. I envy his technical skills as I have none :D

mr username

Not very creative but username because that is what I was after and mr because I'm a dude. I didn't want a username that felt tied to a particular theme or setting. I also didn't really want to use one that I use for other things.

Anjelita

One of my dear friends calls me Anjelita - little angel. And my name is Angel. I normally go with Seraph or some variation but the ones I wanted were taken. But I figured this was clever enough.
NEW:  See my A/As!!!  PLEASE NOTE: Replies are slow.  Bear with, you are not forgotten.  Not accepting new roleplays.
ONS & OFFS               MY STORIES              PLOTS 'n' THINGS
Walking through E with eyes wide shut...
There was beauty here, once.  But darkness has a fetish for consuming pretty things...

Shadowclaw

It's my first real character I created, and I'm bringing him back. I'm giving him a major overhaul though.

mazakusion

i choose my user name because its a portmanteau of the words mazuku and fusion one of which i am guess which

Snapespersephone

I choose my username because it was an old nickname for me and one of my Ex's. I dislike him but I liked the name.
A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168435.0
Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177456.msg8429651#msg8429651
Fort: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169154.0
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

Hazel

None of my other usernames I usually use felt right. Charles is pretty plain, and was a surprise to be available.

Krisje

Because it's an abbreviation of my real name and almost everyone calls me that instead of my full name.
Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.

My return
My Request corner