Favorite Movie Quote?

Started by BlueCitrusSky, February 11, 2012, 02:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

Steel Magnolias

Shelby: Well, we went skinny dipping and we did things that frightened the fish.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

SaturnCeleste

From A Clockwork Orange

Alex: The Durango '95 purred away a real horrowshow - a nice, warm vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts. And soon it was trees and dark, my brothers, with real country dark.

Rob Zombie - Never Gonna Stop (The Red Red Kroovy)
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Captain Maltese

Kellys Heroes - Oddball:"There you go again with the negative vibes, Moriarty!"

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Sylk

"Thanks for nothing you worthless reptile!"  -  How to Train Your Dragon
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

HVBill

2001: A Space Odyssey

HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of men.."

Sylk

"NO Cat out of its first fur ever gave anyone a straight answer"  The Last Unicorn 

Soundtrack by America
Motion picture derived from the book by Peter S. Beagle
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Tamhansen

Like many I have lots of quotes I like. But this one has stuck by me since the first time i heard it.

As good as it gets.

receptionist: "How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall (jack Nicholson) : I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Deamonbane

Ben Wade:

"Even bad men love their mamas..."
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Autumn52

Annie Wilkes: [Right after smashing Paul's ankles with a sledgehammer] God I love you.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Tamhansen

Such a sweet girl Annie. Just so misunderstood :P

Not technically a movie quote, unless you count that horrible monstrosity Karey krkpatrick turned it into.

the Hithhiker's guide to the galaxy:

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God.

"The argument goes something like this: 'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

"'But,' says Man, 'the babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

"'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"'Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

DorothyGale

Ever After - Danielle De Barbarac to Prince Henry from "Utopia":

If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners corrupted from infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded, sire, but that you first make thieves and then punish them?
There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain. ~ Audrey Hepburn

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
There's No Place Like Home...
The Emerald City...

piece

Real Genius.  Chris Knight to Mitch Taylor:

I was contemplating the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?"

Captain Maltese

"As you wish" - Princess Bride

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Autumn52

You keep using that word. I do not think is means what you think it means. - Princes Bride

Captain Maltese

blackcatotaku

["She often entertains herself by asking silly questions like how many people are having orgasms right now?" says the narrator

" 6" Amelie answers]

quote from Amelie

NightRabbit

"You don't seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"
-Roschack (sp?) "Watchmen"

Captain Maltese

From "The Maltese Falcon":

Sam Spade: - When a man's partner is killed, he's supposed to do something about it. It doesn't make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you're supposed to do something about it. And it happens we're in the detective business. Well, when one of your organization gets killed, it's-it's bad business to let the killer get away with it, bad all around, bad for every detective everywhere.

possiblejr

"So, you're a man who has everything, but nothing" Yinsen to Tony Stark 'Iron Man'

Silver

Kid: Somebody tell me.Why it feels more real when I dream then when I am awake,How can I know if my senses are lying?
Neo: There is some fiction in your truth,and some truth to your fiction.

Kid's story - The Animatrix

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
"My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell." - American Beauty
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Outsider

"I am through with these motherf***n snakes on this motherf***n plane!"

Deamonbane

"I need a bigger cut."

"Why?"

"I want to put my son in a better school. I need more money for my family."

"Yin... you don't have a family."
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Undeniable Sin

Thor: You have no idea what you're dealing with.
Tony Stark: Shakespeare in The Park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?
   My O/O's       Roleplay Ideas

DorothyGale

Seabiscuit

Tom Smith: He can't see! He's blind in one eye!
Charles Howard: It's fine, Tom.
Tom Smith: It's fine?!
Charles Howard: Yeah, it's fine. You don't throw a whole life away just 'cause it's banged up a little bit.
There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain. ~ Audrey Hepburn

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
There's No Place Like Home...
The Emerald City...

LunaRenSelene

"Life's a b@#ch, now so am I." Catwoman from Batman Returns. (didn't know if I could use the real word, so I chose to censor it.)
"Cognito Ergo Nom...I think therefore I nom."

O/O's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=156229.0