MGAP Roleplay Recruiting: Need Magical Girls & Monsters.

Started by Nazora, December 10, 2010, 11:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazora

Magical Girl Role Play

Plot in Nutshell

1. MAWD (Monsters Aligned for World Domination) is using monsters to steal the life force of young people in a scheme for world domination.

2. The only people who can defeat these monsters are people with special abilities. In order to use those special abilities in battle, they have to be or become female. (It's a Magical girl role-play, duh)

3. TAMGAP. The Association of Magical Girl Area Protectors was founded to cultivate the ability to fight monsters wherever it was to be found, to prevent the overworking of MGAPs by assigning them a defined area to protect, and to see that those with fading abilities pass the torch on to fresh talent.

4. The Magical Girls, thusly, prevent monsters from getting out of control, overpopulating, and committing other acts of violence against innocent humans.

(BTW, they have to wear the funky, disturbingly-cute, outfits because they are designed to enhance and direct the flow of their natural powers to bash the skulls of evil monsters. The scientists at TAMGAP might have found another way, but they are probably all perverts.)

Outdated Information:
------------------------------------

Suggested First Scene & Personal Plot For One of the Characters

Our hero has dreamed of following his unrequited love to a prestigious university. Now, after much struggle, he has completed the exam and has achieved that dream. It is everything he has ever wanted, a prestigious school with a great athletic program, closeness to the girl he is wooing with all his might and finally starting to make progress with, and is even attending with his life long best friend. The only thing he needs to worry about is studying, essays, and acing his tests. College is going to be a blast.

Those hopes come crashing to an end on the very first day of school. Before the initiation ceremony he takes a walk out to the courtyard while day dreaming of his love. There, he stumbles into a fight between a girl dressed in strange but oddly endearing and overly frilly uniform getting herself savaged by a slimy octopus man. Chivalry takes over, and he steps in to save her. Only the octo-man is rather tough and savages him more brutally than the girl, who was at least putting up a fight.

Having entered the courtyard through a safety barrier she set up, the girl thinks he might have something. So in order to avoid a quick end to both their lives, she convinces him to take her cute pink staff. There is a surge of power flowing into him and he turns the tables on the monster man. Only, the closer the monster get's to being ultimately defeated, the closer this boy gets to becoming the next magical girl area protector (MGAP), cute outfit included. On the defeat of the monster the transformation is complete. The fun begins.

Naturally, he she wants no part of this. But the rules are the rules. She is the town's new MGAP and must protect the area from a host of strange monsters. Dereliction of duty is not an option, and even if the chance to pass her powers along comes up she will remain a girl and work as logistical coordinator for the secret MGAP organization.

So now he's a she, a little sidekick that no one else can see is stalking her every move, the former MGAP is trying to train her, her dysfunctional outfit array causes frequent and random wardrobe malfunctions, the girl of her dreams is now her rival, her best friend has a crush on her, and the damned monsters won't stop distracting her from her studies. the fate of the school and its students are in her hands and she can't tell anyone.

Game Master Characters (names will be decided later)

Original MGAP- Her main function after the first battle is to give advice and training to the magical girl so that she doesn't lose any battles. After the first battle she becomes a student so she can observe and report on the new girl's progress.

Monsters- There will be lots of these, in many different forms, some sentient and some not so sentient. They like to feed off of students in various ways.

NPC- Characters that fill in the gaps for a post or two and have very little development. Warning, NPC's can become important or even playable characters.

Needed Player Characters

Magical Girls- They are the star of the series in many ways. Of course, the character must be female even if they were a male when chosen to be an MGAP.

For one in particular I'm looking for someone who wants to play a handsome and intelligent lad who is friendly but set in his ways. After the change she will still be set on the girl she loves and very unwilling to consider the advances of any boys. Her stance on the situation will be reluctant, but in order to protect her friends she will do the job of curtailing the monster invasions. I am flexible on the details for anyone who wants to play this character.

I'm going to open this up for up to three magical girls.

Love Interests of the Magical Girls- One template I'm looking for  is the girl who was once beginning to like a former boy MGAP. But once he became a she, the tables turned and she lost interest. Her search for her old boyfriend proved futile so she becomes single and available again. This makes her former lover her new rival. Other than the suggested template, this can be anything or anyone that has a crush on or is in love with a MGAP character in any way.

Best Friends of the Magical Girls- One template I am looking to fill is a boy who's known a magical girl since like forever and have done everything together. But now, this boy may or may not know what has happened to his best friend and has a crush on her. Otherwise, I'm just looking for normal students who are good friends to the MGAP characters.

The Dean- The greatest Dean in the history of the university. An evil antagonist who maintains the facade of sensible, firm, and accessible figure to the students and staff. This character is not only the boss of the local Monsters Achieving World Domination (MAWD) branch, but the president of the whole organization.

Other Characters- If you want to play another character and it makes sense, throw it out there. If you want to play a monster that is fine.

The Set-up

I'll write the school setting and some other events first to get the IC thread started. There will be an OOC thread as well. Depending on the amount of interest threads will be created for various locations in the town and the surrounding areas.

It will most likely end up in the NC exotic section due to the possibility of what may happen.

I want character profiles from all prospective members who want to play human characters. What I'd like to see is an age, name, gender, height, weight, eye color, hair color, basic description, basic personality description, and some history. If you are asking for one of the listed characters simply add to the information provided above. Or you can simply create the character and I'll place them as I see fit. If you include a picture, try to keep it anime themed for this one, though this is just a preference not a rule.

The Hard Rules

As you can see this is somewhat different animal as it is a plot structured role play. There will be some rules.

1. All characters will be 18 +
2. If you play a major character be active. Don't commit to a major character if you have activity trouble.
3. Stick to the basic idea of your character if a main character.
4. No controlling other characters actions in your posts.
5. There may be battles and fights, but no battle move is an automatic success. Give your opponent the ability to counter, and remember that if it seems strained it probably is.

Other Notes

This is not primarily a smut role-play. It is about the inter-play between the characters, dealing with relationships, and fighting monsters. There will be a lot of suggestive things happening, but I expect that the main characters will not be given freely to open sex. I'd like to see a ton of sexual tension, teasing, and suggestive events without  moving into full sex scenes, especially between the main characters early in the role play. 

I prefer literacy and am looking for those willing to write a few paragraphs per post to play the major characters. I'm also looking for people who can stay in character.

If I can't get a small group for this I'm willing to play it as one-on-one if someone wishes to play the main character. Though I'd prefer to get the main group of characters together first, this can start even as a group play once the main role is chosen.

I want the story to be taken seriously despite the theme, but not too seriously. I think there is a lot of fun to be had with this. Feel free to make suggestions and be a part of the idea. Feel free to suggest changes or suggest different ways to play any of the planned characters.

I hope this sounds like fun to some of you.  :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Characters Needed

Characters are needed in order to expand the world and make the role play interesting. If you'd like to make a character you have two options. Option one is to profile your own original character for acceptance into the role play. The other option is to play one of the pre-made characters who would otherwise be NPC's. If I think your character fits and your writing skills are decent then your character will be accepted into the world. If you are interested in joining please look over the OOC. If your character is accepted you'll be asked to copy the profile to the character thread. Below is a list of faculty that are only a name, a picture, and a profession as of yet, please consider possibly playing one of these characters as well. If you wish to take on a pre-made faculty character, let me know how you would play them and make a personality profile  for us to discuss. There is plenty of room for more instructors if you want to make your own original faculty member.

Below the list of instructors in a list of active characters. If you see (RECRUITING) next to a character type, that means we're actively seeking new characters for these positions. We need more monsters and magical girls. If you want to see what others have submitted go through the thread or check the Character thread.

QuoteInstructors:

Professor Misako Watanabe, Head of the Economic Department.

Classes Taught:

Standard economics
Micro Economics
Macro Economics
Practical Economics
Economic Development.

Professor Ichigo Sato

Classes Taught:

Economic History
National Economics
Economic Theories
Societal Implications of Economic Disparities.

Literature: (04A-M)

The literature rooms have chalkboards combined with overhead projectors. A few of the rooms have small book shelves with important books.

Instructors:

Professor Hana Fukuki Head of English & Literature Departments

Classes:

Literature (Japanese),
World Literature (Foreign Nations)
English Literature
English
Language (Japan)
Calligraphy.

English Classrooms (05A-E)

Calligraphy and penmanship Classrooms: (06A-C)

These are rooms that specialize in the practice of writing the Japanese language. Scrolls with elaborate Kanji and other forms of Japanese writing line the walls.

History Classrooms: (07A-E)

Professor Yuzuru Iwataka, Head of Historical Studies

Classes:

History of Modern Japan
History of Middle Ages Japan
History of Ancient Japan
History of Hokkaido
Ancient Western Civilizations

Mathematics Classrooms: (08A-M)

Most of these rooms are plain with tables and chairs set for students who are taking various classes ranging from advanced algebra, trigonometry, statistics, to advanced calculus. The teaching equipment include chalkboards, projectors, and posters of basic functions on every wall.

Professor Tamotsu Kawahashi Head of the Mathematics Department.

Classes:

Advanced Calculus
Statistics

Professor Misako Watanabe
(See Picture Under Economics Instructors.)

Classes:

Advanced algebra
Geometry
Statistics.

Laboratories and Studios:

The right side of the building on the first floor is mainly lecture halls. The science department is located here as well, there are several laboratories. There are three chemical laboratories, three biology laboratories, and a laboratory of the physical and mechanical sciences.

Professor Haruto Maximoto Head of the science department.

Classes

Advanced Biology
Advanced Physical Science
Advanced Chemistry
Basic Engineering.

Professor You Motoe, Science.

Classes:

Intermediate Biology
Intermediate Chemistry
Intermediate Physical Science
Geology
Health & Anatomy

Professor Maxi Kirama, Art & Design.

Classes:

Basic Drawing
Practical Design
Drawing
Artistic Depth
Modeling
Art History
Graphical Art
Painting

Active Characters

Magical Girls:(RECRUITING)

Fujieida Riku: DKDBSD

Tokugawa Eirin pendarious

Mascots:

Nigel: Haibane

Faculty:(RECRUITING)

The Dean: Laughing Hyena

Students: (RECRUITING)

Monsters (RECRUITING)

Mush: Shihong

Bin: Shihong

Fallen King: Laughing Hyena

Mu: Haibane
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Crovonovin

I think I could get behind this idea!  Perhaps, by your permission, a pair of bumbling monsters that persistently dog the Magical Girl's steps, coming up with plan after plan, yet always with some critical flaw that leads to inevitable defeat?

Like Jesse and James, but with more tentacles and no cats.  After all, every villainous force needs a couple of doofuses to make the rest of them look better by comparison!

Nazora

lol, team rocket. I'd have no problem with that, but they should pose a decent threat to the school so as not to be total jokes. They'd probably give the Dean a lot of headaches by not sticking with his evil plans by improvising too much. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Crovonovin

Great!  Just enough skill and dumb luck to get by, but not quite on par with the typical threats!  I'll send them along when I've got some ideas pinned down.

pendarious

if you don't mind i'll play the Dean and one of the other area magical girls.........i am really good at playing villains......and perhaps one of the other area magical girls who has a slightly darker and edgier feel?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Crovonovin

Name: Móu​shì​
Nickname: Mush
Size Category: Child
Affiliation: MAWD
Category: Preta [Hungry Ghost]
Abilities:

• Limited Intangibility:  Capable of becoming completely untouchable for a period no greater than five minutes.  This ability requires twice the amount of time spent intangible to recharge.  While unable to physically interact with other objects or people while intangible, he is also capable of passing through solid objects.
  • Limited Invisibility:  As written, Mush becomes entirely undetectable to the naked eye.  Abilities that detect auras negate this power.  Suffers from the same restrictions as Intangibility, and can be used in conjunction with it without penalties to either.
  • Illusions:  The ability to create complex, perception-altering images and sounds.  These illusions are capable of tricking all five senses, leading one to believe that the illusion is both real and tangible.  Mush must be within 100 feet of any illusion in order to maintain it, and his actions become more limited the more realistic the illusion is, or when creating multiple interactive illusions.  Should he be attacked directly, the illusion will immediately disperse.
  • Conjuration:  Mush possesses the ability to summon other lesser demons and monsters at will, usually to use as fodder against Magical Girls and their allies.  He can summon an absolute maximum of twenty Minions, malevolent spirits capable of possessing small objects and growing to the size of an average dog.  He may also choose to sacrifice quantity and summon a single Greater Minion, which is able to possess large vehicles, small buildings, trees, and the occasional hapless bystander.  Doing so tires him immensely, and is generally only used as a last resort.
  • Flight and Levitation: Up to a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour.

Personality:  The archetypal brains of the outfit, Mush is in his element when allowed plenty of time to prepare and plan for different scenarios in advance.  He has literally written entire books solely to outline a single plot or scheme, and takes his dedication to the art of strategy very seriously.  Though small and physically frail he is monumentally greedy for power, notoriously arrogant, and holds grudges like no other.  Unfortunately his plans have a way of backfiring or not going as he expected them to.  Whenever things get outside of his control, or he is separated from Bin by an enemy, he will immediately grow panicky and desperate.  It is at this stage that Mush can be at his most dangerous, particularly if driven to conjure a Greater Minion from the surrounding landscape.

Name: Biàn​tōng​
Nickname: Bin
Size Category: Huge
Category:[Demon]
Abilities:

• Blessing of Strength: As a mountain spirit, Bin possesses extraordinary strength.  The more damage he sustains the greater his physical prowess becomes, effectively making any battles with him more difficult the longer they are drawn out.  As this power is supernatural in origin, there is theoretically no limit to his power.  However, lacking any regenerative abilities beyond his own natural toughness, he runs the risk of enduring fatal amounts of damage if he continues to push himself past a certain point.  Any modifications to his strength dissipate should he go without injury for ten minutes.
  • Blessing of Grounding:  Both an Unstoppable Force and an Immovable Object, once Bin plants his feet in the ground he isn't likely to be going anywhere anytime soon.  Once this power is activated he cannot be moved by any means, granting him benefits to his defense.  While holding the ground he is also incapable of taking any offensive actions.
  • True Sight: Utilizing his six eyes, Bin is able to see things as they truly are.  Individuals are represented by their actual nature, illusions or disguises melt away, and spiritual auras are revealed.
  • Bonecracker:  While a formidable weapon, the sword known as Bonecracker is not actually capable of cutting through anything.  The blade itself is nearly three inches thick and entirely blunt, making it a bludgeoning weapon that certainly deserves its name.  Weighing in at several tons, it is a rare being indeed that can wield it.
  • Beheader:  Though it certainly functions as a shield in a pinch, Bin rarely uses this artifact for defensive purposes.  Once thrown it is capable of slicing through brick like butter, and can gouge a respectable chunk out of iron as well.  Steel is capable of deflecting it.  Once Beheader strikes a surface it cannot cut through completely, it will ricochet against three more surfaces before returning to its owner's hand.  Whoever uses this weapon to take a life is marked as its Owner, and cannot be cut or otherwise wounded by it.

Personality:  Ponderous but not stupid, Bin is an excellent foil to Mush's energetic zeal and tendency to break into monologue.  The demon is often prone to philosophizing, both about the world and whatever situation the two happen to be in at the time.  He has absolutely no desire for power or status, in stark contrast to his companion's insatiable envy.  A pragmatist at heart, he often ruins Mush's carefully orchestrated plans by taking the blunt and obvious approach.  Paradoxically enough he's also usually the only thing that keeps the ghost from complete failure, seeing things that the other has missed or simply not given much thought to due to his overly-logical nature.

Nazora

Pendarious: Feel free to submit a profile for a Magical Girl.

Shihong: That is excellent. I think we'll leave this open to people who want to play other monsters and girls. That way maybe we start the game without starting the main plot. This depends on how long it takes to get a person interested in playing the protagonist.

People reading this, feel free to make suggestions and comments. As this is still essentially an interest check.
All about what I like!

Callie Del Noire

Interested in TG/Transformations but not so much on the whole Magical Girl thing. Will see if I can find a way to make it amusing for the others. Not sure my writing is up the the challenge. Drama is easy, storytelling is easy.. humor isn't always easy. :D

Nazora

If it helps, I don't envision any drawn out magical girl sequences with the special effects and catch lines. I'm thinking more along the lines of the outfit sphere activating and changing the wardrobe because the different style wardrobes will act as a conduits for the various powers. We could even match powers with wardrobe sets. The corny catch phrases that cause groaning will not be necessary either. I was hoping that for the most part any magical girls would be reluctant warriors, especially the ones that used to be guys.

As for transformations, there will be monsters capable of inflicting them, mostly on the students, but sometimes on the MGAPs. Most of the time the transformations will revert right after the monster is defeated.

Let me know what part you would like play because I'd be glad to have you. I'm sure writing is more than up to the challenge for this. It's something to have fun with.

All about what I like!

pendarious

here are my submissions for characters. i hope they will be ok.
the first is for a non-main character magical girl. the second is for the Dean

Name: Tokugawa Eirin (formerly Aaron)
Appearance:Both in and out of Mgical Girl form

Personality: as Eirin she seems to be rather cheerful and kind, maybe a little wierd at times but she's a reliable friend a quick thinker who tries to help her friends if they ask for it. in reality she isn't that cheerful no far from it in fact. she is a cynical and irritable person who hates her life. she only deals with it because she has to.  As her magical alter ego Night Blade she lets her disgruntled and irritable disposition show. she is reluctant to do the whole magical girl thing and seems only to do it in a resigned fashion.

History: Aaron was a descendent of the Tokugawa shogunite clan thus he was a skilled sowrdsman. He was a fairly laid back and kind sort of guy kinda brotherly to everyone around him. when he was a senior in high school he happened upon something that would change his life for ever. He saw a battle between some girl with a sword and what appeared to be a were wolf sort of creature. the girl seemed to have the upper hand when out of the blue the creature was able to knock her back and disable her arms. she was in trouble. Feeling it was his duty to protect a girl who was in danger Aaron took the bokken from his equipment and charged at the creature temporarily stunning it. the girl convinced him to take the pink heartshaped eye-patch she was wearing and put it on. the next thing he knew he was a well endowed girl with a samaurai/ninja style outfit holding a katana. She was able to finish off the creature. she asked the origional owner of the eye-patch if removing it would return him to normal. when she denied this and told him he was stuck as a girl forever he grew angry and swore never again to don the eye-patch. Another creature attacked shortly after forcing her to don it again to fight. this time in frustration she threw the eye-patch away only to be forced to hunt it down again. this sort of thing became a pattern for half a year until finally she gave up. during that half year period she changed her name to Eirin and convinced everyone that "Aaron" had transferred back hom to their home and that she "Eirin" his cousin had transferred in. Slowly she became used to being a girl and a magical girl though she didn't like it at all. Two years later she is more complacent with it all but still gripes about it from time to time.

Civilian Name: Himeijii Minoru
Villain Name: Melphorion Materios
Catagory: Dark Sorceror
Afiliation: MAWD

Civilian Appearance:

Villain appearance:

Civilian Personality: Minoru seems like a kind and fatherly figure who wants everyone to succeed. he may seem quite a bit weary at times but still tries his hardest to make sure everyone's lives are on the right track.

Evil Persona: a cruel and calculating tyrant who wants no shred of light or hope to survive in this world. he plans to make the whole world his toy so that he can make the people suffer.

History: Being the son of farmers didn't make his education an easy one to attain but he managed it somehow. when he was fifteen he was finally able to confess to a girl that he liked her. The girl agreed to date him and he was as happy as could be. one year later he learned that she had been cheating on him with his best friend the whole time. He was angry and his dark power awakened. he tortured the two to death using his new powers. he began a descent into madness and loathing of humans believing them to be worthless scum that couldn't be trusted his desire to torture them began to grow. at age 18 he joined the MAWD as a sorceror's apprentice. by the time he was 26 he was the second highest ranking member. he was still not satisfied. he took up the mantle as Dean at a university to pass the time. He blieved he could convert the youths of the era into his servents by using the university as a base of operations. for  a time all was successful and he was building his army for domination rather quickly. but then the Magical girls began to appear and ruin his plans. His idiotic henchmen began to grate at his nerves. He now being 43 is the president of MAWD chosen by his previous superior as the successor. His minions have had little luck in staving away the magical girls and his monsters are frequently destroyed. he wonders why he tolorates such failures. but then remembers that he has to keep up appearances in order to safe guard his plot for world domination.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Nazora

I edited the first post because I felt the outlined plot was to constricting and defined down a single path. That path is now a suggestion. We have a setting, a list of what we need, some rules, and a plot suggestions now if a particular player is interested in playing their character in that direction. Later on I'm going to put more detail into the actual free form system of the game and the background instead of ushering a very specific personal plot.

Now, for you pendarious, you need to decide what you want to be, one of the MGAP or the Dean, since they are diametrically opposed to each other.
All about what I like!

pendarious

would it be alright to play the dean and save the MGAP as a character to play if like say they beat the Dean and a bigger bad shows up?

Laughing Hyena

Hmm. This looks pretty good. All we would need is a sentai and heads would explode from the awesome. :-)

Nah. But if you need a renegade monster or such that would also be a nice fit. Anyway this looks really interesting.

DKDBSD

I'm interested. In fact if it's still open I'd like to play our hero/ine. Would the mains powers be costumed based? So she might have one that gives her greater speed, strength, power over a certain element? That sort of thing right? 

This is my bio I'm tweaking a character I've used once before, so It won't take me long.

Name: Fujieida Riku
Size Category: Adult
Affiliation: TAMGAP
Category: Human (magical girl)
Abilities: (N/A for now)
Appearance: http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/1/4/2/8/3/2/MTS2_simgirl9089_1042294_KH2_Artwork_Riku3.jpg (Male) and
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oMcF1bXF4js/SOysbIytycI/AAAAAAAAAzg/bZ69R5IOsxs/s400/Moka_Akashiya+Rosario+Vampire.jpg
Personality: Riku is a stalwart defender of the weak and is perfectly content with getting into a fight with anyone that causes problems. Be they woman, man or child he will defend the weak when it comes to women he's a bit a bit of a dope. He's so much of a dope he's tried every self help book he can find all while using his father as an example of what not to be. (A drunken wife beater. Who is now divorced. )
History: In Riku's early years he and his family lived in a small but pleasant apartment together, his father was a successful construction worker and his mother worked at one of the local bars. One evening after an encounter with an usual figure* Riku's father began a steady descent into the abusive drunk that he is today. He began to loose his temper over the tiniest details, firing members of his crew for the smallest mistakes until he himself was fired. Riku watched his father descent and shortly after he turned seven his father lashed out at him and his sister for the first time. It was two years before his parents got a divorce and his mother left taking Riku's sister alone.

The beatings continued until in middle school Riku became able to over power his father from then until the day he left. They became constant little brawls that would would come out of no where. Riku took up basket ball to relieve his stress and in his last year of middle school he met her**. Much to his chagrin she saw him as nothing but a brute and a fool one day when he caught her alone he made a deal with her. If he managed to get into the same university as him***

(*It could be anyone maybe a member of Mawd or something
** The love interest.
*** Now it's either "she would give him a chance" or "she would date him" I honestly can't decide. )

pendarious

actually you know what? ive changed my mind i'll use the magical girl.....try playing one of the good guys for once *shrugs*

Videospirit

I'm tempted to get in on this as a magical girl, but am held back by the fact I'm embarassed to have a greater than casual interest in magical girls.

I could certainly get behind the Best friend of a former male magical girl who doesn't know the magical girl he has a crush on is that former male role 100% though. It sounds hilariously awesome.

Nazora

I seem to have enough interest to give this a try. What I want to do is make an OOC thread and a character info thread that will explain some of the powers the magical girls have and how they work. It will also contain a bestiary for anyone who wants to create some strange low level creatures that will serve as monster threats. I'll set a template for the monster creation. It would be nice to have different type weird monster to fight during every attack. Since there will be battles, I'll try to come up with a workable rule set for the battle scenes beyond simply banning god modding.

Video: Wonderful, it's so hard to find people to play the male roles, especially if they are just human. But this role has a lot of comic, dramatic, and dare I say sensual potential. Send a profile.

penda: Okay, you're profile is good so you're set. The only minor change I made is that she'll be able to attend the school because we're using more fighters.

DKDBSB: If you want to play the idea I set up that would be great, but you'll have to start the role play as a guy and get caught up in that little scenario I laid out!

Laughing: Send in a profile, I'd be glad to have you.
All about what I like!

DKDBSD

Quote from: Nazora on December 16, 2010, 08:06:30 PM
I seem to have enough interest to give this a try. What I want to do is make an OOC thread and a character info thread that will explain some of the powers the magical girls have and how they work. It will also contain a bestiary for anyone who wants to create some strange low level creatures that will serve as monster threats. I'll set a template for the monster creation. It would be nice to have different type weird monster to fight during every attack. Since there will be battles, I'll try to come up with a workable rule set for the battle scenes beyond simply banning god modding.

Video: Wonderful, it's so hard to find people to play the male roles, especially if they are just human. But this role has a lot of comic, dramatic, and dare I say sensual potential. Send a profile.

penda: Okay, you're profile is good so you're set. The only minor change I made is that she'll be able to attend the school because we're using more fighters.

DKDBSB: If you want to play the idea I set up that would be great, but you'll have to start the role play as a guy and get caught up in that little scenario I laid out!

Laughing: Send in a profile, I'd be glad to have you.

Of course the change is always the best bit.

Haibane

This seems awesome, amusing and perverted all at the same time. As regards the sidekick I might give him/her/it a go. I have some ideas I can run by you and I think I can pull off some funny lines.

I might also play a monster, something slimy and tentacly and curious to know if you can kill an MGAP by stuffing all her holes until she bursts. In a comedic way of course...

I could possibly play another character too, particularly if the sidekick is taken, such as the rival or another girl student.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Haibane on December 17, 2010, 07:22:19 AM
This seems awesome, amusing and perverted all at the same time. As regards the sidekick I might give him/her/it a go. I have some ideas I can run by you and I think I can pull off some funny lines.

I might also play a monster, something slimy and tentacly and curious to know if you can kill an MGAP by stuffing all her holes until she bursts. In a comedic way of course...

I could possibly play another character too, particularly if the sidekick is taken, such as the rival or another girl student.

That sounds like it might give me a chance for a mind fuck. > D

Haibane

Or the other way around :P

Maybe the girl of his dreams was hard to woo because she was already chasing someone else... a girl...

Also a girl who liked the boy but then has to deal with him being changed... and decides she's fond of the person regardless of the gender could work too.

Or I could play a female unattached/uninterested in the main character but who is a victim of a monster and is rescued or is a friend of another MGAP.

I'm good with disposable NPCS too.

Biles

[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Haibane

I need to say that I am not comfortable playing in games where 'demons' and 'demonic forms' and gods are mentioned. The original post specified 'monsters' and implied a fairly light hearted tone to the game without any pretensions to any mythos involving heaven, hell or anything like that which is why I was interested.

If we are going to head off towards demons, gods, angels and such I will respectfully bow out.

If, however, Hyena, you'd be cool with dropping the 'demonic form' and 'divine beast' and 'divinity' references there and go with 'monster form' that would be better, I think, for the mood and focus of the game.

Laughing Hyena

Wow didn't think it was going to cause THAT big of a deal. Besides we already have hungry ghosts and demons. But whatever I'll drop my backstory's wording. Nazora, I'll need to still discuss with you on a few things. :-)

I revised the sheet so this should be satisfactory now.

Name: ​Fallen King of the Promised Land (Human Name: Areku Nasutaeru)
Nickname: Fallen
Size Category: Medium
Category: Newly Ascended 
Abilities:

Oilslick: A deadly hybrid ability combining the dual mastery of shadow and flame, the King is able to bestow darkness with a greasy consistency and flammability. With a modicum of concentration he wills the shadow of an object or a person into a physical state that can then be used as fuel for his supernatural flames to consume and grow. 

Dangerous Consumption: The more fire in the King's environment, the greater his abilities become. Though capable of feasting upon any source of heat he is truly in his element only when wreathed in an inferno, using it to heal his wounds and augment his combustive power. This can also be a deadly technique--if the King devours too much the raging flames in his heart will begin to crack through the skin, bursting out in superheated geysers. These wounds are then rapidly healed, but the constant need for regeneration takes a heavy toll unless the excess energy is released in some fashion.

Shadow Step: The Fallen King's manipulations and affinity within darkness is uncanny. The Shadows whilst not as swift as light can rapidly overcome it and engulf everything and all darkness is connected. Using his affinity over Shadows and a touch of his essence he can step into a shadow that is able to fit one man and then step out from another shadow of similar size within a mile of his initial starting point. In combat he uses shadows to give himself superior position against his opponents as the need arises however it is also useful for an escape route should he be in need of it.

Ebon Shadow Shape The Fallen King has the ability to give shadows a solid form of his choice. Focusing his will into the desired form and with some of his essence the Fallen King can use his own shadow or similar shadows of suitable size to create an object crafted of the magical metal soul steel. With a man sized shadow he often creates a one handed melee weapon of incredible strength and resilience. With larger shadows he can create other objects and typically will set traps up for others should they decide to take the fight into his domain in the form of cages or similar restraints to create a distraction. He cannot create complex devices such as clockwork devices or such with this, but he can make cages, pendulums and so forth. The other drawback is that using these shadows for this function uses them for the entire duration. For example if he uses the shadow of a building to create a rolling sphere of metal the building will no longer have a shadow of its own until dispelled.

Gluttony of Flames:

Flight: Gifted with wings of shadows and flame the Fallen King can take flight at incredible speeds with a maximum of 30 miles per hour.

Personality: As a human Areku was always uncertain yet comfortable about his future. He didn't mind living life day by day and sought comfort in the mundane. His loyalty to people he cared for was virtually unshakable and his mind was content in helping others reach their dreams over his own. A natural servant of others. When his ascension into something a touch more then human came he found panic and unrest. Suddenly he found himself on his own and thrust into a completely alien situation. He wanted to wake up from it in his warm bed and enjoy a simple breakfast. Now uncertain and uncomfortable within this new fate and his lot in this now elongated life he is trying to grasp and control what is happening whilst feeling changes not just in his body but his mind as new spark begins to form. The Gift as other fellows of MAWP would suggest takes many forms but it is uncertain how his will manifest... if he survives to see that.

Human Form

Ascended Form

Haibane

Oh, no. Were demons mentioned already?

Ah, whatever happened to simple anime style monsters, unaffiliated with any religious overtones!