[NCES] Exalted: Yu-Shan High

Started by kongming, May 09, 2013, 02:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefepato

So, uh, if you happen to be naturally outside of fate, hopefully that doesn't count as changing your fate to fix your problems?

There are a few ED/Isidoros Charms that I should maybe stay away from, all the same.  I don't think knocking someone into next week would go over well with the Bureau of Destiny.

kongming

ReijiTabibito: Not really, it's entirely up to you. We have a variety of different characters at the moment, so you'd probably have a way of fitting in, no matter what.

Jefepato: yeah, being innately outside of fate means you don't have a fate to change. But there are still occasionally sneaky Sidereals that try to weave themselves a destiny to not need to do their homework, and given the catastrophic results that can happen when you fuck with reality too much...
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  So noted.  Limit 1 character for right now?

AndyZ

Possibly a silly question: do I buy Followers for the other cheerleaders or is that what the Influence is for?

I'm starting to wonder if this concept should be a Zenith more than a Night.  I can probably make it work with either though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

kongming

Reiji: yes, one character each for now, at least

Andy: Influence is enough, yeah. If you put dots in Followers/Allies/Spies/Retainers/Army/whatever else, then you can benefit from them being of more use to you (more loyal/friendly, more powerful etc.) but ultimately, if all you want is "they answer/report to me, and when it comes to cheerleading matters, they have to do as I say" then the Influence you have is enough for that. If, through the course of the game, you happen to get closer to some, or go out of your way to earn their trust/respect/love, then you might get rewarded with dots of Followers/whatever anyway.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

AndyZ

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173550.msg8195758#msg8195758

Working out the finer points.  All the dots are in place, but I'll put a finalized version when it's done.  I still need intimacies, specialized equipment and a good history writeup.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Jefepato

Is there a formal definition of "abuse of authority" or "failing those under your duty of care" in play, or are those just catch-alls in case someone goes way too damn far with abusing their subordinates?

...For that matter, is there anything we should know about the Headmistress?  Especially since her personal definition of "abuse of authority" is probably the only one Whisper has to worry about.

kongming

Abuse of Authority does not, for instance, cover "I'm the boss, I'm spending all of our funds on cocaine! Hahaha!" or "Hey, I'm going to the brothel, you do the paperwork for me."
It basically just covers "abusing your subordinates too much" (where "too much" depends on who you ask, but a good guideline would be "interferes with their regular duties and studies").

"Failing those under your duty of care" is pretty similar, though it more-or-less means "letting bullying and such happen underneath you". In other words, if you have authority over someone, you should not let them get away with serious offences.

As for the headmistress:
Silver Wing Tyrant (Solar: Zenith) is fairly old, and reasonably well-known across the realms as a philosopher and scholar. She is not known to be an accomplished fighter (though probably has some skill just by dint of surviving this long, and she *does* tend to carry a goremaul that can change to a cane as she wills it). Most of her time of late has been spent in Yu-Shan, pursuing scholarly matters.

She wants this to succeed, and indeed wants to turn the school into an army of those ready to change the world and bring about the new era. That said, while she doesn't concern herself with every single deed, she is swift to deliver punishment for anything she personally witnesses, and odds are good that she enjoys it. Basically, Whisper might find an appointment with the headmistress only if her actions are soul-crushingly cruel.

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Well, naturally cocaine isn't an abuse.  Celestial cocaine is one of Yu-Shan's finest traditional agriculture products, and also an excellent party favor.

Whisper isn't likely to be more than casually cruel, since she lacks any real motivation for it, but I sort of imagine Tyrant is somewhat less than pleased with her.  ...Unless the Infernal students are meant as devil's advocates (no pun intended) for the school's entire mission statement -- getting things done in spite of a distracted, obnoxious, hopelessly unreliable twit who is rarely in her right mind and yet far too good at swaying people against their own best interests may just be the perfect training exercise for managing, y'know, humanity.

Although that might be too depressing to dwell on explicitly.

kongming

Okay, here we have the Character Sheet Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173835.0

Well, Tyrant probably isn't very happy with Whisper, but the thing is, by her own admission the Infernals are supposed to be the devil's advocate, the opposition leader, someone who questions the way and puts their own ideas forward. So she likely finds herself wondering why she ever allowed Whisper to reach such a position, only to remind herself that the frustration caused is the reason.

Ons/Offs:

Thorn14

I think I might be interested!  :D

kongming

Feel free to pitch a character idea.

Ons/Offs:

Thorn14

AndyZ

I had an idea for a drug, though it's up to Kongmind's approval.

Rapacity of Venus
This fine blue powder is a powerful aphrodisiac.  When added to a liquid and drank, the imbiber may make a Perception+Alertness roll at difficulty 5 in order to notice the taste quickly enough to spit it out.  Otherwise, she must make a Stamina+[Integrity or Resistance] roll at difficulty 3 or become madly lustful for the next hour.  A botch on this roll instead makes the need last for a full day.
This drug works remarkably well with alcohol, and the Stamina+[Integrity or Resistance] raises to difficulty 5 when combined with alcohol.
This is an illicit drug (though not illegal) and possessing or distributing (or voluntarily consuming) counts as a minor offense.  Giving it to someone without their knowledge in order to have sex with them is a serious offense.
Each dose costs Resources 3.

Jefepato

Well, I'm no kongming, but as far as I'm concerned we can add that to the punchbowl.

Re Z L

Quote from: kongming on May 10, 2013, 08:55:03 PM
Jefe: yep, pretty much depends on the form it takes. As for grabbing Backgrounds during play, I'm fine with that - both by the "spend XP" method and as specific rewards for doing stuff in-game.

Anon: sounds good to me, but note what Andy said.

Re Z L: either one of those could work just fine!

Trilogy: sure thing

Andy: yes, those dots are still double, and I'm fine with combining effects like that.

Decided to work on the Student Idea--a Chosen of Serenity Martial Artist  ;D  The detail about the teacher is up to you, but she'll definitely be a teacher's aid and Dorm Captain, also a 4th year student.

Still working out the details of the character sheet, I might have something up today, I hope.

Very WIP sheet is up!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173835.msg8215748#msg8215748
A&A

Thorn14

Would a 1st year or 2nd year (perky!) goth nerd Abyssal work?

Anon315

Certainly. We love torturing.... I mean welcoming such individuals with fellowship. :)

Thorn14

I want her to get involved in conflict with Sapphire Glory in some way, but the problem is I want to make a first year, and she'd be absolutely destroyed, and I don't think I'm good enough at exalted to make something more powerful.

AndyZ

Yeah, that's kinda my worry.  If someone gives Sapphire Glory or one of her girls a hard time and it's like a first year, Sapphire might just hit them with a 20-minute orgasm, then steal their clothes off their body and leave them that way as punishment.

Anon315

Quote from: AndyZ on May 12, 2013, 10:08:39 PM
Yeah, that's kinda my worry.  If someone gives Sapphire Glory or one of her girls a hard time and it's like a first year, Sapphire might just hit them with a 20-minute orgasm, then steal their clothes off their body and leave them that way as punishment.

And for this I would punish her. With similar punishments. That I can grant with a touch.

Thorn14

Quote from: AndyZ on May 12, 2013, 10:08:39 PM

Well when you put it that way!  ;D

Can you hold back in Exalted?

AndyZ

There's the showing off thing of -1 to -4.  I'd figure I can get away with a -1 pom pom smack that would do no actual damage but could trigger the Charm.

Anon315

Quote from: Thorn14 on May 12, 2013, 11:30:18 PM
Well when you put it that way!  ;D

Can you hold back in Exalted?

I have to imagine you can hold back. I don't know the particular rules for it, but I should think you could soften / lessen a blow. Maybe just do subdual / bashing damage without letting it roll over into lethal.

AndyZ

Really starting to ponder switching the concept to a Zenith.  Not sure, though.