[Recruiting] Hunter: the Vigil - In the Port City

Started by KirbysFolly, August 10, 2016, 03:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Really vague rough draft of stats! I've never statted up a Vigil character, so if I've borked up, don't hesitate to say so. Been ages since I've done anything with nWoD & did this past 3 a.m. for me, so hopefully this isn't too much of a trainwreck. >_>;

Sun-hwa's stats

Virtue: Hope
Vice: Pride

Advantages

Defense 2
Health 7
Size 5
Initiative 5
Morality 7
Speed 10
Willpower 4

Attributes

Strength 2
Dexterity 3
Stamina 2

Intelligence 2
Resolve 2
Wits 2

Presence 3
Manipulation 3
Composure 2

Skills & Skill Specialties

Academics 2 (Research)
Computer 2

Athletics 2
Firearms 1
Stealth 3 (Hiding)
Survival 1

Empathy 3 (Motives)
Expression 2
Intimidation 1
Persuasion 3 (Seduction)
Subterfuge 2

Merits

Resources 3
Striking Looks 2

(I am withholding my last two Merit points. With permission, I would like to use these to put towards the Safehouse merit, which I would be happy to have come up during gameplay and have to earn. If that's not okay, I'll spend the points elsewhere. :-)  )

Hunter template

Profession: Professional.
Asset Skills: Academics, Persuasion.
Chose extra Skill specialty in Persuasion).

Will try to think of some good links between Sun-hwa and the other characters soon. Wanted to work on stats first. ^^;

Jaded

Draft 1 of the sheet.  I couldn't find a profession that fit my vision, and she came out a bit more criminal as a result.  Hopefully I didn't make any errors.

Profession: Criminal
Vice: Fortitude
Virtue: Greed

Morality:  5
INT: 2    STR: 1    PRE: 3
WIT: 2    DEX: 4    MAN: 2
RES: 2    STA: 2    COM: 3

Willpower:  5
Defence:    2
Health:     7
Initiative: 7

MENTAL (-3 unskilled)
Academics:     0
Computer:      1
Crafts:        3 - Automobiles
Investigation: 0
Medicine:      0
Occult:        0
Politics:      0
Science:       0

PHYSICAL (-1 unskilled)
Athletics:     2
Brawl:         0
Drive:         5 - High-Performance Cars, Motorcycles
Firearms:      2
Larceny:       2 - Cars
Stealth:       0
Survival:      0
Weaponry:      0

SOCIAL (-1 unskilled)
Animal Ken:    0
Empathy:       1
Expression:    0
Intimidation:  0
Persuasion:    2
Socialize:     1
Streetwise:    2 - Black Market
Subterfuge:    1

MERITS
Resources: 2 ($1000 a month + $5000 worth of assets)
Striking Looks: 2 (+1 to presence/manipulation rolls)
Stunt Driver: 3 (Can drive vehicle and perform unrelated action in same turn)

EXPERIENCE
+10 from morality
- 3 for specialty motorcycles
- 6 for rank 2, larceny

EQUIPMENT
Muscle Car
Pistol
Tools
Clothes

Blythe

Thinking on character links/connections! Sun-hwa wasn't a cloistered homebody when she was married. She'd sometimes party with a friend. Maybe she might have encountered Jaded's character or tyr4n02r's character at the location tyr4n02r came up with, the "Beacon" Premier Nightclub and Lounge?

As for encountering Abraham, Gamble's character--is it possible Sun-hwa could have met him at the public library? She goes there to research things she's curious about, and Abraham's sheet mentions a love of literature?

Just brainstorming ideas--I'm cool if none of the above ideas for connections are used. Just wanted to get those out there while I was brainstorming, though. ^^

tyr4n02r

Needs a bit more refining, but cool.

Sun-hwa could have been a celeb that comes around and makes appearances/puts on fashion shows at the other venues. She and Tyson may have linked up through those events. Also, "Beacon," the new club, could be a cover for the safehouse, or at least some gear. My character is new to anything paranormal, only taking ANY interest in it 6 months prior.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

KirbysFolly

Character sheets looked okay to me at a short glance.

Tyr, I like the look of your character so far, you can go ahead and work on a sheet too. We won't be using flaws. You can pick equipment now, or later before play.

It might be worth noting, it looks like Gamble used some merit points to have a warehouse as a safehouse. If he's cool with sharing, that particular merit can be shared with the group. His dots might be for size, or anonymity, and then other dots could be used to make it more secure, etc. Just an option, I'm not mandating that or anything!

tyr4n02r

...already did... repost here: Tyson "Ty-Dy" Briggs

Its the name on the quick sheet. So I can make changes. Make sure I did this right. first time on this system. I THINK i got it but...
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Jaded

Quote from: Blythe on August 19, 2016, 10:26:53 PM
Thinking on character links/connections! Sun-hwa wasn't a cloistered homebody when she was married. She'd sometimes party with a friend. Maybe she might have encountered Jaded's character or tyr4n02r's character at the location tyr4n02r came up with, the "Beacon" Premier Nightclub and Lounge?

Maybe. :-)  I'm not sure she'd be a huge barfly, but she could probably have been there enough to meet other characters.  Alternatively, my character could have just delivered some packages or such to yours.  I was debating taking Contacts (I think it was) with Secretaries and other people she might have met on her route, so I could see her as having chatted up some of the people she delivers to. 

Gamble Gold

QuoteAs for encountering Abraham, Gamble's character--is it possible Sun-hwa could have met him at the public library? She goes there to research things she's curious about, and Abraham's sheet mentions a love of literature?

Possible and rather likely :) I don't think Bram has a huge collection of books at home or the warehouse, so he would do quite a bit of his reading at the library.
What did'ya have in mind? A casual acquaintance? Or did the meet looking for the same kind of books, perhaps on the occult? Pretty open about that :)

QuoteIf he's cool with sharing, that particular merit can be shared with the group.

Yeah, I'm cool with that :)

KirbysFolly

Quote from: tyr4n02r on August 20, 2016, 01:17:59 AM
...already did...

Ah! You did, my bad. I was reading on my phone and missed it. It looked good to me, although you missed one thing that I noticed. With the Professional Training merit, the first rank gives you one extra dot of Contacts per dot of Professional Training. Since you put two dots into Professional Training, you actually get one more dot of Contacts for free.

Edit- Oh, just something to keep in mind. If you don't have any dots in Resources, it doesn't mean your character is homeless or unemployed, but it does mean they're just making ends meet. They can afford their bills and such, but they don't really have any spare spending cash.

Mechanically, it means your purchasing power will be very limited, and gear is limited to stuff listed as 0 Dots of Resources.

tyr4n02r

which makes more sense? "Contacts (Club-goers) and Allies (Night Club Staff)" or "Contacts (Night Club Staff) and Allies (Club Goers)" ?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

KirbysFolly

Ehh, from how you described him, I think the Allies among staff makes more sense, but he is your character.  :-)

tyr4n02r

Word (I was looking for more mechanical clarity, but still works.)

Caught a couple mistakes, fixed them (I hope,) also did some equipment stuff w resources. Plz double-check to make sure I didnt use too many, but I DO have an IC reason for having them, if you need to know.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Blythe

Quote from: tyr4n02r on August 19, 2016, 11:27:28 PM
Sun-hwa could have been a celeb that comes around and makes appearances/puts on fashion shows at the other venues. She and Tyson may have linked up through those events. Also, "Beacon," the new club, could be a cover for the safehouse, or at least some gear. My character is new to anything paranormal, only taking ANY interest in it 6 months prior.

She's not really a celeb (didn't give her any merit dots in Fame--she's just a 'working class' sort of model), but I think she'd be more likely to just be a club-goer. Not too frequently, but just often enough to be recognized by maybe a few regulars.

Quote from: Gamble Gold on August 20, 2016, 07:51:31 AM
Possible and rather likely :) I don't think Bram has a huge collection of books at home or the warehouse, so he would do quite a bit of his reading at the library.
What did'ya have in mind? A casual acquaintance? Or did the meet looking for the same kind of books, perhaps on the occult? Pretty open about that :)

I could see them looking at similar books. Maybe on the occult, maybe she's interested in the ocean or the sea? I could see them perhaps being new friends of some sort.

Quote from: KirbysFolly on August 20, 2016, 12:51:57 AM
It might be worth noting, it looks like Gamble used some merit points to have a warehouse as a safehouse. If he's cool with sharing, that particular merit can be shared with the group. His dots might be for size, or anonymity, and then other dots could be used to make it more secure, etc. Just an option, I'm not mandating that or anything!

Quote from: Gamble Gold on August 20, 2016, 07:51:31 AM
Yeah, I'm cool with that :)

I'm all for the merit dots I held back to be pooled with Gamble's (makes for a stronger safehouse!), but I figure it might make more sense to assign the dots during play, unless we want to start off with Sun-hwa and Gamble sharing the warehouse as a safehouse?

Blythe

Quote from: Jaded on August 20, 2016, 02:20:43 AM
Maybe. :-)  I'm not sure she'd be a huge barfly, but she could probably have been there enough to meet other characters.  Alternatively, my character could have just delivered some packages or such to yours.  I was debating taking Contacts (I think it was) with Secretaries and other people she might have met on her route, so I could see her as having chatted up some of the people she delivers to.

I like the idea of your character delivering packages for Sun-hwa in the past. Sun-hwa's got resources and could easily order a lot of stuff and have met your character that way.  :-)

tyr4n02r

GM question: Quoting the Corebook, referencing Seduction. “Equipment” in the contested roll might include al- luring clothing (+1), an appealing perfume or cologne (+1) or an offered drink (+1) for the seducer. The subject might have an existing significant other (+1 to +3), a headache (+1) or be in a really bad mood (+1) for his or her roll."
Also, " For seducer — alluring clothes (+1), an appealing perfume or cologne (+1), an offered drink (+1), a good pick-up line (+1), an excellent line (+2), a mutual acquaintance (+1), suggestive physical contact (+2); For subject — significant other (+1 to +3), a headache (+1), bad mood (+1)"

So, do I, like, "equip" a pickup line, and it auto-boosts, or will you be judging the quality of said pickup line to give points (or not...) ?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

KirbysFolly

It's a judgement call. These games (less so than their predecessors) were heavy on being about Story. So a role-playing thing.

Also, anybody want an OOC thread with some setting details when I get home?

tyr4n02r

Id like it. That way I can edit my BG to fit better
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Blythe

I'd like an OOC thread.  :-)

I still need to finish my character sheet, though. Need to actually pick some equipment. >_<

Jaded

Quote from: Blythe on August 20, 2016, 06:18:17 PM
I like the idea of your character delivering packages for Sun-hwa in the past. Sun-hwa's got resources and could easily order a lot of stuff and have met your character that way.  :-)

Sounds good. :-)

WIP Character Sheet
Quick concept: Amateur Driver
Some backstory: Jessie grew up around cars.  Her father was a mechanic, her mother worked at a dealership.  She was driving long before she had a license, and was racing not long after.  A bit of an adrenaline junkie, Jessie took up street racing not long after her parent's divorce. 

She moved out at eighteen, and got a delivery job with a local company.  It was far from her dream job, but it paid the bills, and kept her on the road and out of an office. 

First Encounter: Jessie was doing a delivery to a remote farm a bit after sunset when she ran over what she thought, at the time, was a deer.  When she glanced in her mirror to see if anyone was coming, and instead saw a massive, bipedal, inhuman beast who was utterly unfazed by being hit be a van, she panicked.  She backed over it, then hit the gas.  She doesn't know if she killed it, though certainly there was nothing in the news.  But, at the very least, she got away. 

Always the adrenaline junky, and insatiably curious, she couldn't stop herself from investigating further.  From prowling back roads at night, to looking for others who had seen such things.

Two people your character knows:
'Jimmy,' not his real name, owns and operates a mechanic's shop.  He's middle aged, not entirely trustworthy, and determined to get in Jessie's pants.  He is involved in the theft and sale of cars, and in the illegal street racing scene.  If you want something for your car, legal or not, he can probably hook you up.

Angie is Jessie's best friend.  A college student and overall good girl, she is exceptionally bright and does everything she can to follow the rules.  Still, the two hit it off rather well, and more often than not Jessie finds herself crashing on the couch of Angie's basement suite.

A place in town they like: 'The Strip' is a stretch of road in an industrial part of town.  The surrounding area is largely desolate, with few business still operating.  It is the perfect spot to race a car, and the nearby warehouses are the perfect spot to get together beforehand. 

Profession: Criminal
Vice: Fortitude
Virtue: Greed

Morality:  5
INT: 2    STR: 1    PRE: 3
WIT: 2    DEX: 4    MAN: 2
RES: 2    STA: 2    COM: 3

Willpower:  5
Defence:    2
Health:     7
Initiative: 7

MENTAL (-3 unskilled)
Academics:     0
Computer:      1
Crafts:        3 - Automobiles
Investigation: 0
Medicine:      0
Occult:        0
Politics:      0
Science:       0

PHYSICAL (-1 unskilled)
Athletics:     2
Brawl:         0
Drive:         5 - High-Performance Cars, Motorcycles
Firearms:      2
Larceny:       2 - Cars
Stealth:       0
Survival:      0
Weaponry:      0

SOCIAL (-1 unskilled)
Animal Ken:    0
Empathy:       1
Expression:    0
Intimidation:  0
Persuasion:    2
Socialize:     1
Streetwise:    2 - Black Market
Subterfuge:    1

MERITS
Resources: 2 ($1000 a month + $5000 worth of assets)
Striking Looks: 2 (+1 to presence/manipulation rolls)
Stunt Driver: 3 (Can drive vehicle and perform unrelated action in same turn)

EXPERIENCE
+10 from morality
- 3 for specialty motorcycles
- 6 for rank 2, larceny

EQUIPMENT
Muscle Car
Heavy Revolver (-1 on rolls due to low strength)
Automotive Tools (rank 3?)
Clothes

KirbysFolly

Whoof. Okay, here's an OOC thread for our use. I've added in some information about the various neighborhoods, as well as places of interest, both ones I've made up in the past and the ones you guys provided. I also (I think) put them all in an actual neighborhood. If I missed listing yours in the the Notable locations section for a neighborhood, tell me where you'd like it.

I'll probably add some more stuff as I think of it, but I'll make sure it's in the original post, and probably keep an update list so everyone can keep up if they want. Go ahead and shift discussion to that thread, but I'll leave this one open in case somebody else wants to apply.

If you have any questions about the setting, rules, whatever, go ahead and ask away in there!