Selling my wii on ebay advice...

Started by Combicon, October 04, 2009, 07:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Combicon

Right, I've decided to sell my wii, if you want to know why, I'll say, but that's not really the point of this thread.

I'm going to sell it on ebay (hoping that I can get the most money from it there), but I wasn't really sure how much I should start the bidding at, if I should put a reserve on it or anything of that nature, so I'm coming here for advice.

Just because I'm posting doesn't mean I am going to sell my wii for said amount, it's just for advice, so I can get a ball-park figure I should be heading for.

Anyways, stuff it would come with:
Wii console, wires, sensor bar (no box)
2 Controllers, either 1 or 2 nunchucks (I can't remember at the moment), 1 controller cover.
Boom blox, bully, call of duty 3, disaster day of crisis, endless ocean, final fantasy fables chocobo dungeon, harvest moon, twilight princess, no more heroes, trauma centre: second opinion, wii play, wii sports, and zack and wiki (so 13 games at minimum).

All games are pretty decent, with little / no scratches in them. None of them have original boxes, however I do have the manuals for them.

Greenthorn

The one piece of advice I'd start with is to sell the games separately.  On Ebay, "bundles" could be harder to sell simply because not everyone is going to look for those games so therefore, they might not pay more money for the bundle than you could get if you sold each game alone  ;D

As for the Wii, best bet is to go to your local gamestop or such and find out how much they are selling their used Wiis for.  Take that price, minus $20-50 and make that your minimum.  Ebay is where people go for deals, but you, as the seller, want to get a better deal than just bringing it to Gamestop.

Ebay = people who will bid just to win (they'll buy it too).  Even if they can go to Gamestop to get a used Wii cheaper, the thrill of the auction is more fun.

Combicon

I live in England, ergo no gamestop. :P
I found out that a place (I assume) is like Gamestop is computer exchange, and they're selling it for about £65 / $103

Maeven

I would just watch ebay for a few days and see what other wiis are selling for (the ones sold by regular folks, not the 'buy it now' from X internet store) and then price it like that. 

Also, take an actual photo of the merchandise you want to sell rather than sticking a stock photo up there. It will attract more folks to your item.  Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Wii-Console-Bundle-Games-remotes-etc_W0QQitemZ280403758250QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item41495dccaa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 .  It's selling for $263 now and he started with a zero minimum bid.  Really, you're going to get what the market is paying no matter what your minimum bid is so long as it's not too high.

Also, go ahead and set your auction for a longer period of time to give people a chance to scope out the goods ahead of time and plan their bidding.  You probably won't see any action until 1 day before the auction is up, but that doesn't mean people aren't looking. 

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Combicon

That being said, that bundle has lots of stuff people will want. xD Like SMG / wii steering wheel remote holders, which certanly will up the price.

Maeven

I didn't mean that what you have will fetch that price, but that photos of what you have will help to sell your item. :)
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Greenthorn

The hardware bundle is good, but I'd sell the software separately, either alone or as another bundle.