News:

Main Menu

Halo in 5 Minutes

Started by Sabby, September 19, 2009, 07:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Halo in 5 Minutes (sort of)

If you were planning on getting a pre-owned copy of Halo 3, or picking up ODST, and have never touched the series before, I highly recommend you click :)

Inkidu

Meh, I've always though Halo just a first-person shooter, a very good science-fiction first-person shooter, but I never gave it an A for it's story, or progression of that story. ODST is supposed to change up that formula though from what I read in Game Informer.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Halo's story isn't so great anymore... the universe of it is good quality sci-fi, but the plot and direction of Halo 2 and 3 isn't as good as it could have been.

If you want to play Halo for its storyline, I highly recommend Halo: Combat Evolved :) comparing Halo 1 to the rest of the series is like comparing Alien to Star Trek.

Cythieus

Sci Fi just must not be my genre because when I tried to read the Halo novels that were so highly praised I just found myself bored. I am kind of meh about Halo.

Sabby

Quote from: Nonationarmy on September 21, 2009, 01:34:26 AM
Sci Fi just must not be my genre because when I tried to read the Halo novels that were so highly praised I just found myself bored. I am kind of meh about Halo.

Drowning it in science made it a crawl in areas. I couldn't even finish the third book.

Limoncello

Halo 1 is a game which completely blow me away. I love Halo 3 because I always have so much fun oline with my friends. So naturally I think Halo is one of those it is what you make of it kinda game.
Cello Ons and Offs Work in process
Absence  Updated 12/8/2011

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

Cythieus

Quote from: Limoncello on September 21, 2009, 02:11:25 AM
Halo 1 is a game which completely blow me away. I love Halo 3 because I always have so much fun oline with my friends. So naturally I think Halo is one of those it is what you make of it kinda game.

Never been the online gaming type and I just couldn't get into Halo back then, going back and playing it now I might be able to appreciate it.

Quote from: Sabby on September 21, 2009, 01:36:59 AM
Drowning it in science made it a crawl in areas. I couldn't even finish the third book.

Yeah there was that and then there was the fluff, the slow down, the dragging explanation. I mean I tried to be non-biased because I'm not really the biggest XBOX fan. But I honestly couldn't get behind it. Which isn't saying much, I love Metal Gear but the novelization of it is terrible in comparison.