Exalted 3rd ed. [Interest Check]

Started by hellrazoromega, May 27, 2016, 05:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellrazoromega

Children of the Sun

I am looking for interest 3e game which involves a group of newly Exalted Solars who have been dreaming about a location in the jungles of the southeast. Said location being the hidden tomb of a Circle slain shortly after the Usurpation. Said Solars were buried in the tomb they had prepared for their eventual demise so as not to anger their ghosts. However, during the beginning of the Usurpation this Circle, who was not at the great convocation, was able to make some last minute tweaks to their tomb knowing their ends were drawing near.

Fate and circumstance would lead the newly minted Solars to arrive at the aforementioned location and almost exactly the same time---because without coincidence most epic fantasy would just never be. From that point I would expect the characters to act based on their backgrounds and intimacies. I neither want nor expect the characters to become instant friends but I also don't want everyone to be at each others throats simply because it inverts the Friends With a Stranger trope. I will say that all of the characters will be familiar with each other in the same way a person might vaguely recall an relative they have not seen since they were children. The familiarity may be more with some of the characters if we work that out in back story. Upon arrival the resonance of this exact set of Solar Essenses will be the "key" needed to unlock the tomb revealing some goodies and secrets for the Solars to ferret out and from there said adventure would ensue.

And no, said Circle need not be a "Perfect" Circle.

Map of Creation with the approximate staring location marked with the red arrow.
Map

1. The game is open to any and all.
2.Since this is 3rd ed and no other official rule sets exist only Solars will be allowed. All characters will be as is from the book for a starting character. I want to try the rules but if we get into this thing and decide tweaks are warranted then we can cross that bridge.
3. I want to work with players to have fun and interesting Evocations for their artifacts. I am usually open and easygoing but be forewarned if you ask for something extreme or unreasonable in my judgement, I will likely allow it but the enemies will just get nastier (I urge everyone not to do that to your fellow players). Yes, I will warn you should I think you are being unreasonable but as I said I am pretty easygoing.
4. I am a very open, free-form GM, while there are lots of things going on in the world I prefer for things to be player driven. That means that while I will offer up plots for the players I am more than OK if all of that is ignored and the characters go off on their own adventures. In other words just because the PCs hear about an evil despot oppressing a village nearby, they should not feel compelled to do anything about it. (Other than the fact that they are supposed to be heroes and all).
5. I would prefer the characters are the flawed heroes Solars are supposed to be so I will be disinclined to allow any "evil" characters. Messed up, broken, tormented, and other such things are expected and welcome so long as they are not disruptive to the fun of the game.
6. I would like some solid backgrounds explaining intimacies as these are going to be used to shape the opportunities presented in the game, whether or not these opportunities are acted on is up to the players. But leaving some undealt with could be dangerous in the long term.
7. I am open 6 or 7 players whom I will chose based on back story. I would like a well-rounded party, expect intrigue, social interactions, combat, political maneuvering, skulduggery, and more in on particular order of precedence.
8. Nothing above or below is set in stone I am open to suggestions, changes, and the like. Outside of the rules of the site I have only two hard rules and those are--- 1. Understand before seeking to be understood and, 2. We can agree to disagree, so long as we do so agreeably.
9. The amount of naughtiness is open to negotiation. However, the game will contain adult themes and events.

Some other images which evoke the feel I am going for.

Image one
Image two
Image three

Thanks for reading and, with luck, game on!!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Pumpkin Seeds

HairyHeretic

Interested :) First choice would be my Eclipse, but I also have a couple of other ideas I could flesh out.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Re Z L

Definitely interested, and would probably go Night given the opportunity

Is there a particular direction you plan on taking the story in terms of theme?  It looks like we're starting out in some kind of dungeon exploration...  Is this high adventure or are we thinking of starting or settling into a city/region?  It sounds like you're pretty open in terms of where things go after the beginning of the game so maybe better to discuss with the other players/interested people.  :D
A&A

AndyZ

I think I'll go for a Dawn, if that's okay by everyone.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Empyrean

Noting my interest. I need practice with 3rd ed, and I'm thinking of making a Twilight. Possibly crafter. Or sorcerer. Or Sorcerer-crafter! :P

Pumpkin Seeds

Not sure what I'd want.  Might just go for a Zenith martial artist.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Re Z L on May 27, 2016, 07:10:52 PM
Definitely interested, and would probably go Night given the opportunity

Is there a particular direction you plan on taking the story in terms of theme?  It looks like we're starting out in some kind of dungeon exploration...  Is this high adventure or are we thinking of starting or settling into a city/region?  It sounds like you're pretty open in terms of where things go after the beginning of the game so maybe better to discuss with the other players/interested people.  :D
I have a few ideas but nothing set in stone. As you say, I kinda of want to test the water and see what the final roster of players would like. I really like when players have long term goals, or story hooks built into their background so I can queue off of those.

Quote from: Empyrean on May 27, 2016, 08:08:21 PM
Noting my interest. I need practice with 3rd ed, and I'm thinking of making a Twilight. Possibly crafter. Or sorcerer. Or Sorcerer-crafter! :P
Ditto on the practice. I think I have a pretty good grasp on things but as the book is quite a beast, hopefully everyone will bear with me.  ;)

Those who have expressed interest so far are free to start working up backstory ideas. Questions, if there are any, are welcome.

Oh, one other note in the event anyone withdraws interest (hopefully not) and there is anything I could have done differently I welcome constrictive feedback, just PM me. ;D. I know there are many reasons people drop but I hate when the drop without at least the barest of explanations, I can't help but feel I could have made a change. I don't expect details I just want to be sure it is not something I did (or did not) do.

Also during the summer months Saturday is my meat space tabletop night, so my communication may be spotty in the afternoon and evening on that day.

Muse

Good evening everyone! 

I'd love to play. 

I'm particularly interested in someone along the line of a warrior-scholar: AKA, an educated person with some melee skill who has learned Sorcery under the tutelage of an ifrit, 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

hellrazoromega

Sweet, I am interested to see what people come up with for backstories.

Pumpkin Seeds

I still need to do some more reading on the current setting in 3rd edition.  Leaning toward doing something with a former monk of the Realm, if they still have the whole monastery tradition, that Exalted while on a pilgrimage through the Scavenger Lands. 

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 28, 2016, 01:31:28 PM
I still need to do some more reading on the current setting in 3rd edition.  Leaning toward doing something with a former monk of the Realm, if they still have the whole monastery tradition, that Exalted while on a pilgrimage through the Scavenger Lands. 

Yes that works the base setting has not changed a great deal. Some of the details but the overall setting is the same. I might house rule some setting tweaks but if I do I'll be as up front as I can about them.The Immaculates, the vanished Empress, brewing civil war, the default setting is rather close to the setting of 2nd ed. However, I think I will advance things a bit to place things further along, perhaps with the first salvos of the Civil War being fired. This would mean Dragon-Blooded interference will be highly unlikely so far East as they have bigger fish to fry unless a certain group of someone draws a great deal of attention by ther actions. This is not to say there won't be any Dragon-Bloods after you just not a concentrated effort at first.

Love the pic BTW.

Pumpkin Seeds

Thinking maybe she was part of a religious procession that was guarding a relic of some sort.  Perhaps a weapon or something that belonged to one of her previous lives (after she Exalts). 

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest as well! Not sure of caste yet, but idea is based on below pic (sword which he holds is a jade daiklave);

Solar

Overall idea so far is a person who was born to one great houses at Realm, but did not exalt but graduated from House of Bells and he was in patrol in Threshold when shit hit the fan hard on unit he was leading (and dragon-blood commander got croaked), so he saved his unit's life against a angry monster/fair folk, but upon exaltation he just left his unit and because of bonds with him and also for him saving their and commander's ass they did not fight him but he is definately wanted and known anathema in the Realm (and his house placed bounty on him). So thus he uses sort half-mask over his face to conceal his features so is not that easily recognized.

AndyZ

Rules clarification request: short daiklaives come in pairs, so does the attunement cost likewise come as a pair, or do you have to attune each one for the usual cost?

Pumpkin Seeds

We should Exalt together Zaer!  Not sure if that's done.

AndyZ

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 28, 2016, 03:51:53 PM

Heh, would actually be amusing and cool if both of you go Zenith but fit in completely different concepts.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 28, 2016, 03:51:53 PM

I am up for it ;). So you planned also for play a unexalted dynast then? I am leaning to martial inclined Zenith or to a Dawn caste (or Eclipse). I am okay with any great houses which you had in mind to have connection to. Or did you think your char is from Realm but not part of dynast household?

AndyZ

I was planning on taking the Dawn, if that's cool with you, Zaer.

Pumpkin Seeds

Probably not from a House.  Just a simple monk from the Immaculate Order.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on May 28, 2016, 04:05:57 PM
I was planning on taking the Dawn, if that's cool with you, Zaer.

I am cool with it, albeit Hell did mention the circle does not need be perfect :P. There are various kind warriors after all. Just still debate on the caste.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 28, 2016, 04:07:45 PM
Probably not from a House.  Just a simple monk from the Immaculate Order.

Ok, so how you think your char got involved with my char and did we both exalt in same battlefield? Perhaps my char was part of regiment send to retrieve the relic which your char had been guarding as a monk?

Pumpkin Seeds

I was thinking that.  Maybe he was assigned to help the monks guard the artifact or maybe he had learned the monks were ambushed and went out to help.  Be interesting if she was the "monster" that had him Exalt but doubt she was that powerful at the time.  Oh...

What if she was with the group that was guarding the artifact and the bandits attacked.  She Exalted defending the artifact, perhaps gaining a glimpse of the Sun's majesty as she grasped the item to take it away from the bandits.  He was called out to search for the lost artifact and when they arrived another creature of might had arrived in response to her Exalting.  They fight the beast, your character Exalts and mine emerges after surviving in some nearby caves.

Also to be fair if there can be two Zeniths there can be two Dawn.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 28, 2016, 04:17:54 PM

*nods*

Your idea is good, I think you exalted first with bandits trying take sacred relic and succeed fend off bandits. My char arrives because of distress message about bandits but when he arrives a bigger monster (perhaps demon, ogre, etc) had appeared to strike you when you were weakened and drained from essence and monster sought slaugther innocent monks. So my char and company interfered and fight was going sour for them until he exalted, then they both depart from the scene (and take relic away as it's perhaps solar artifact).

AndyZ

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 28, 2016, 04:17:54 PM

Zeniths have a lot more stuff that they handle besides combat.  It's kinda like how you can have two Twilights handle crafting and sorcery and not tread on each other.

Zaer Darkwail

Dawns can be split in personal combat prowess (archery, melee, martial arts) and those who command/lead armies.

HairyHeretic

My first choice is my Eclipse, Kheldaran

Background

Peleps Daishan was born and raised a son of the Household of Peleps Kaizoku, and like many of this household, he spent a lot of time learning about, on or near the sea. With his family's status of unofficial Realm pirates, that's to be expected. He doesn't have a great many memories of this time though

Peleps Daishan died at sea. A great storm arose, his ship was separated from the rest of the squadron, damage taken in a battle with Lintha pirates having slowed it to the point it could not outrun the storm. Damaged, and short of crew, the ship was buffeted and battered. Sailors were plucked one by one from the deck by waves that seemed almost sentient.

They were. The storm was not a normal storm, but a hunting party of the Fair Folk, far from their normal waters. Peleps Daishan was one of the last taken. Perhaps that was why he survived, the Fair Folk having sated the worst of their lusts on those already lost. He was not as fortunate, to be killed out of hand. Instead he was taken.

He who was Daishan was now a slave, to be used by the Fair Folk in any way that amused them. They took him to deep, dark, places and changed him there, so he would last longer, amuse them for longer.

He can't recall how long he was amongst them. Months. Perhaps years.

His escape was a shock to many. The hunting party had encountered a group of water spirits and were seeking uncontested passage through their realm. Their slave suddenly addressed one spirit, calling on ancient pacts in the name of who he was before. The spirit saw the reincarnation of one he owed a debt to, and fulfilled his oath. The hunting party were slaughtered, the few survivors fleeing before the spirits.

The once more Exalted Eclipse solemnly thanked his old friend, and acknowledged the debt paid. As a last boon, the spirit took him safely back to the shore, leaving him on a beach with Port Calin a distant blur on the horizon.

Unused to being above water, he was weak and uncoordinated. He was found by a Guild caravan, and having nothing of worth to pay for any help they might give him, they promptly enslaved him once again, shackling him and tossing him in a wagon with others who were to be sold in Nexus. Once he recovered his strength, he taught them the error of their ways. Recovered and now equiped with clothing and equipment that had been Guild property, he set out to explore.

Over time, some memories came back to him, enough to know that his former family would likely want to see him dead. Not only had he not fallen gloriously in battle, he had been taken as a slave, something that would mar the entire family with dishonour, and then worst of all, had exalted as Anathema.

Peleps Daishan died at sea. The man who stood on that muddy trail took the name Kheldaran. It would serve well enough for now, and could always be discarded later, if necessary.

His wandering around the Scavenger Lands found him creating a number of identities, and finding several useful tools along the way. A poorly thought out excursion to the haunted city of Denandsor almost cost him his life, but he escaped it bringing the Nymph Calinara with him, having rescued her from the empty city and its curse. She decided to stay with him, as he usually ended up in such interesting situations, mostly unmanifested and inside of him, but taking her true form around expanses of water that she judged worthy.

I also have an idea for a Zenith, though it looks like we have enough of those already :)

Background
"It's a trap."

Resplendent Emerald looked towards the youth at his side, raising an eyebrow quizically.

"It's a trap." the youth maintanined. "Something down there just doesn't feel right."

Resplendent Emerald looked down at the slow moving caravan as it wound it's way towards the ambush site. "How can it be a trap?" he said, confidently. "They cannot know we are here, and they think that hiding someone important in such a mundane transport will allow them to slip by. Calm yourself, and take your place with the others."

He clapped the youth on the shoulder, and hefted his guan dao, preparing to signal the strike. By the time he looked back the youth was gone, slipping into the long grass, with barely a sign to show he was there.

The Outcaste looked down at the now closer caravan, 6 covered wagons, zombies in the traces rather than the oxen one would expect. One driver on each wagon, and a handful of guards. They would be no match for the ambushers, and this would be one less group available to the Mask of Winters in future.

He let the wagons come closer, then rose, swinging his polearm around his head, and leveling it at the lead wagon. A bolt of blazing fire lept from the blade, catching the guard square as he turned towards the movement.

With an undulating cry, ragged men and women rose up on the slope, humming arrows and warcries filling the air as they charged. There was some return fire from the caravan and one or two of the attackers fell, cursing, as arrows took them. They were too many though, and the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

Resplendent Emerald led the wedge towards where the guards were congregating, obviously trying to guard one wagon in particular. He grinned as he pictured the expression on the traitor within.

The canvas covering of the wagon exploded as the attackers reached it. Whining fragments of bone tore through the air, sending half the group to the ground. From the wagon came a figure of drifting blackness, the air seeming to dull around it. In its hands was a blade of glistening night that shrieked through the air, and two more of the attackers felt, each cut in two.

The figure landed in a crouch, blade held back along its arm, rising up its back like a scorpions sting. Slowly it straightened, an almost palpable aura radiating from it, promising death and worse than death to the pitiful few frozen figures in front of it.

Beneath a skull visage mask, ruby lips parted to reveal sharp fangs. "My Master knew you could not resist such a prize." The voice was lovely, a womans voice, and a harsh contrast to the scene.

The blade whistled through the air, gashing Resplendent Emerald, and snapping him out of his paralysis as he frantically parried. Around him he could see the remainder of the band fighting desperately against the horde of zombies that had erupted from the wagons.

Three more exchanges and Resplendent Emerald knew he was in trouble, bleeding from several cuts, the most serious in his arm, weakening his own strokes. His blade began to slow, and he could tell the Deathknight was merely toying with him now, passing up several opportunities to seriously wound him, and instead inflict lesser ones.

Around him he could hear the sound of fighting retreating, and knew he was alone. "Time to finish this." came that lovely voice again, and the guan dao flew from his grasp. The deathknight moved the opposite direction and Emerald screamed as her blade severed his hamstring, sending him to the ground. He managed to roll just far enough that the killing blow instead took him low in the stomach. Still fatal, but not immediately so.

The Deathknight moved back into his field of vision, which was starting narrow. "No last words." she taunted. Emerald refused to give her the satisfaction. "Very well then." she replied, drawing back her blade and thrusting it towards his chest.

At the last moment it stopped, his guan dao striking it up and away.

"Who dares?" hissed the Deathknight, turning. Emerald turned his head far enough to see the youth standing there, guan dao in his hands. It should have looked far too large, but somehow it didn't.

"I dare." the youth replied, in a voice like iron. "Carry this message back to your master, cur. From this moment on, the days of his reign in Thorns are numbered."

The Deathknight stared incredulously, then began to laugh, softly at first, but with increasing volume. When she stopped she looked at the youth, her head cocked to one side. "It seems almost a pity to kill you. You'd make a fine fool in the Masters court. Still, what's one fool, more or less."

Her blade lept out, and was met by the blade of the guan dao. The youth had not moved, only twisted his arms sligtly to block.

Again and again the black blade darted out, again and again it was halted. "Impressive." said the Deathknight, "But you'll not do so well against all of them." The zombie horde was shambling back into view, fresh blood staining their torn and rent bodies.

"Wrong." said the youth, grounding the haft of the guan dao, and his free hand twisting in the air in front of him. The air above his head wavered then burst into flame, a roiling golden sun, with the image of a set of scales emblazoned on it.

The Deathknight screamed and through herself backwards, the zombies collapsing to the ground as the power of the Unconquered Sun washed over them.

Emerald saw the golden light fill his eyes, blinding them in radiance, before all went dark.

Kuan Yu stood amongst the remains of the caravan, and watched the bodies of his friends come apart, sparkles of golden energy rising towards the sky. He turned toward the wagon where the Deathknight had vanished, and called after her. "Carry my words to your putrid Master. His reign will end. This I swear!"

After his Exaltation, Kuan Yu carried on a one man resistance against the minions of the Mask of Winters, striking against work parties, caravan, patrols and anything else he could hit with a reasonable chance of success, even skirmishing a time or two with a deathknight.

Eventually enough forces were committed against him that he had to flee beyond the deathlords domain. He wandered for some months, bringing justice wherever he found it needed, and annoying quite a few people who saw the law as something only for their benefit.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

AndyZ

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 28, 2016, 04:36:15 PM
Dawns can be split in personal combat prowess (archery, melee, martial arts) and those who command/lead armies.

This doesn't seem to be the kind of game where a PC leading an army will help guide the story.  I may be wrong, though.

Re Z L

Going to piece things together later today.

My general idea at the moment is a Night Caste treasure hunter sort (Occult, Awareness, Lore) using maybe Brawl for combat to develop into MA later on.  Background isn't really thought out too much right now but could be a variety of things considering where we're planning to be located...

What is everyone else's thoughts about where you all want the game to go?  Kill giant monsters?  Loot ancient dungeons?  Secure the East against the Wyld?  Drive off the Realm?  Make a new city-state?

PS:  I have a veritable vault of character pictures, going to link it later as well, need to sort some of it out still.
A&A

Re Z L

I'll put the album links on this post so maybe check back later when I get the rest of them sorted...

Solars:  http://imgur.com/a/GQjmw

Lunars:  http://imgur.com/a/4XICD

Dragon-Blooded:  http://imgur.com/a/RUOEA

Abyssals:  http://imgur.com/a/MAGmV

Gods/Demons/Spirits:  http://imgur.com/a/Kup0L

Locations:  http://imgur.com/a/MT1yg

Note:  The categories are pretty general, so you might find stuff in the Solars that fit Dragon-Bloods, or Lunars that fit Abyssals, and some pictures might be in multiple places.
A&A

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 28, 2016, 06:25:39 PM
Quite a collection there :)

Thanks  ;D  hopefully it helps somebody, if nothing else they can be useful for ideas
A&A

Lockepick

Very much interested -- a little overwhelmed by all of the interest already here. I'm always mortified about overlapping somebody's concept, just not sure what is concrete or not.

I'm going to look at the books some more!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Here is my char done. Just miss bit background but will finish it tomorrow. Others can feel free and use my sheet format :).

Cathak Falcree

Name: Falcree      Caste: ZenithConcept: A shamed prince of earth in exile, turned out become inspiring hero by destiny

Anima: Golden PhoenixLimit Trigger: His ideals, his trust or his honor fails/betrays himSupernal Ability: Presence

Attributes

Strength:        3 Charisma:        5 Intelligence:   
Dexterity:        4 Manipulation:  3 Wits:              3
Stamina:        3 Appearance:    3 Perception:      2

Abilities

Archery:        1
Martial Arts/Brawl:       
fMelee:   
Thrown:   
cWar:   

Craft:        0
Investigation:       
Lore:   
Medicine:   
Occult:   

cAthletics:        2
fAwareness:       
Dodge:   
fLarceny:   
Stealth:   
---

cIntegrity:        2
Performance:     
cPresence:   
cResistance:   
Survival:   

Bureaucracy:        1
Linguistics:       
fRide:   
Sail:   
fSocialize:   

Specialties:        #
Melee        Swords 
Bureucracy      Military Resources 
Athletics        Combat Acrobatics 
Presence      In Command 

Essence, Willpower, Limit

Essence: 1
Willpower: (7)7
Limit Track: (0)10
Personal:  13/13
Peripheral:  33/23
Committed:  10

Health
-0 ( )
-1 ( )( )
-2 ( )( )
-4 ( )
inc ( ) 
Dying ( )( )( )

Merits: 11 Total
Artifact: White Jade Daiklave (Blizzard) 3pts
Artifact: White Jade Reinforced Buff Jacket 3pts
Fast Reflexes 3pts
Quick Draw 1pts
Language: Low Realm 1pts

Intimacies:
Soldier's Honor (Defining Intimacy, Principle)
(Pumpkin Seeds char) (Major Positive Intimacy, Tie)
His Family (Minor Positive Intimacy, Tie)
His commander Ledaal Yumi (Major Positive Intimacy, Tie/Memory of her)
Needless Violence (Minor Negative Intimacy, Principle)

Combat

Join Battle:  6d+3   Evasion:  2   Parry:  6   Soak:  11   Hardness:  7 Mobility Penalty:  -1
Resolve:  3   Guile:  3   
---

Attack  Acc  Dmg/Overwhelming  Def  Range  Tags 
Punch/Kick  +9  +10L/1O+0-Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural
Blizzard  +13  +15L/5O+1-Lethal, Melee, Balanced

CHARMS

Excelencies; Melee, War, Athletics, Awareness, Larceny, Integrity, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Socialize

Athletics
Graceful Crane Stance, 3m/perfect balance
Monkey Leap Technique, 2m/leap one range band
Foe Vaulting Method, 3i/try surprise foe to make surprise attack

Integrity
Stubborn Boar Defense, permament

Larceny
Seasoned Criminal Method, permament

Melee
Excellent Strike, 3m/+1 auto sux hit, re-roll nat 1 until gone
One Weapon, Two Blows, 3m/extra attack after withering attack and when foe is less than solar in Ini
Dipping Swallow Defense, 2m/Ignore penalties to parry and sux parries give +1 Ini, instant
Bulwark Stance, 5m/until next turn ignore penalties to parry and foes suffer -1 penalty (up to solar's essence) to damage rolls per nat 1 rolled
War Lion Stance, 2m/until scene over, defends other reflexively so long when adjacent to them

Presence
Listener Swaying Argument, 3m/+1 sux instil/persuade and +1 non-charm dice per 2 resolve boosted on target
Harmonious Presence Meditation, 5m or 7m/+3 dice to all social abilities expect stealth, -1 mote discount to all social influence charms
Empowering Shout, 3m/add +2 to ability/attribute/defense to individual for single task/action, instant
Majestic Radiant Presence, 6m/foes need burn 1 WP to speak against/attack her, essence penalty to threatening actions
Terrifying Apparition of Glory, 7M+1wp/Become frigthening badass

THAUMTURGY&SORCERY

BONUS POINTS 15/00
(4) Increase Attribute: +1 Dexterity
(7) Increase Ability +2 Presence, +2 Melee, +1 Socialize, +1 Lore
(1) Purchase Merit: +1 Language
(4) Increase Willpower: +2

XP/Solar XP 000/000
-?? ???; +? ???

Background
Cathak Falcree was born to dragon-blood exalted father and mortal patrician mother. His father is Cathak Mizuri, a water aspect who's one parents were a fire aspect from Cathak and other a water aspect from Peleps house. Because of his mismatched elemental affinity and the fact in one battle he had lost his entire arm he was offered low quality marriage proposals. So amongst them he chose Linya, a Cynis house retainer (had worked as concubine at one Cynis house infamous brothels). To Linya it was promotion from her position as patrician but to his father it was best possible match he could get as Linya did have exalted ancestors and so hoping their offspring can elevate their both positions. Falcree was born eldest but he has a sister also; Myra. He was trained like any scion of Cathak house; taught strategy, master melee combat to degree of genius, he was taught etiquette and manners. With usual dynastic family fashion his parents were distant while he was more closer to sister whom he guarded over as elder brother.

But things changed dramatically that his sister exalted and was chosen by the dragons, so she immediately got much praise, recogniction and started hang out with other chosen of dragons and get oppoturnities and invitations to parties whcih only Falcree could only dream. Albeit he worried over his sister, he realized she was much more than he was so he started focus on Immaculate texts and do various self-developed rituals to help bolster his chances being chosen by dragons. One of them was code of soldier written in Thousand Correct Actions of Upright Soldier. He studied that manual like a bible. Birthdays went by and both his parents waited anxiously him to exalt, they suspected he is late bloomer and so they with heavy bribes assigned him to House of Bells (if he would been exalt it would had been less of issue). he studied and excelled in class, swordplay was excellent as was his charismatic leadership and he was exemplar student.....expect he did not exalt! The 20th birthday came.....and he spend it all alone. His sister was only one even congrulate him and quickly dropped present to him before she rushed off to party of her own with her exalted friends.

Since that point his parents became distant (he saw his mother regularly and she at least talked to him while father did not talk whatsoever), both silently disappointed on his failure. Falcree was bitter, angry but once more depending on his code of soldier he decided if he was not chosen by dragons....so best what he can do is serve dragons as a mortal. So he did something shocking; since graduation he signed himself (voluntarily) to Vermillion Legion, the Red Piss Brigade! many thought him to be mad, but some thought it was fitting exile and punishment for a failure like him. It was pure hell for him, amongst other 'failures' and 'outcastes' from other houses who some of them were even exalted by dragons and they hated him because he chose to come to the legion willingly! Expect one and she was Ledaal Yumi, she was strategos of her unit but she never really picked up the front line aspects of the warfare. She was excellent supply manager, had keen genius level tactics and also keen occultic lore and knowlegde. However Falcree was far superior in swordplay and sheer charisma how to inspire and lead troops, this very much she determined through her contacts in House of Bells and what class grades he excelled at. Not to mention he was not slouch on thinking on his feet in combat and make emergency tactics which are directly quoted from Thousand Correct Actions of Upright Soldier, a sort manual which most students just skip through in the class. Not to mention his sense of morale backbone is exact similar to hers and she also studied the manual like a bible to live by as life as a soldier.

So for these reasons Cathak Falcree, a mere mortal, was assigned as second command in legion 9 of Vermillion Legion, a mortal command over both mortals and dragon-bloods alike! Which is unheard and literally angered many, but none questioned their superior Ledaal Yumi's decision. Her decision paid off, as Falcree indeed provided solid front line commander while she herself focused more to management and planning of the coming conflicts. Just the way she preferred it. Falcree and Yumi had mutual respect to each other and perhaps potential blossoming feelings which never came to be (she was high breeding dragon-blood and she was already promised to a fiancee in Blessed Isle....and thus reason why she solidly focused military career to enjoy her freedom to explore Threshold and get enjoy experiment and employ her genius mind before she retires to breeding duties at home, so thus affair with mortal would been tremendous scandal and make her family and herself look bad).

Then there was messenger from one Immaculate monasteries deep in Threshold, request assistance against large group of bandits who had come seek despoil and steal monastery relics and treasures! Yumi had assigned several talons of her units to other patrols so she was stretched thin in regards deploying units from the defense forces at stronghold she and her legion was assigned to. But none the less she calculated suitably sized experienced soldiers and she herself and Falcree would come along to defend the monastery. They rided fast towards the monastery, they saw the bandit group had succeeded penetrate the defenses and some of them were already looting the first treasure vault....and soon thunderous roar the first treasure vaults exploded as a powerful demon stormed out from it! Yumi immediately recognized it was blood ape and conducted that monastery must have got one sealing devices in storage, sealing device which housed a demon which was sealed inside the item when a exorcist had banished demon into it and some foolish bandit had broken or unsealed the demon somehow!

She immediately knew normal soldiers, even elite, cannot kill blood ape with numbers and eguipment they got. So they made risky plan to use soldiers to distract and cause minor injuries to blood ape while she delivers finishing blow on her daiklave, which as magical item can cause great deal of harm. A very uncharastic action in her part to participate in close combat and so Falcree was worried. Everything went well however and as Yumi leaped from ambush upon backside of the blood ape she thought she had succeed as her daiklave slashed down....only to be knocked back by blood ape who had seen through her plan and with powerful swipe knocked wind out of her, then lifting a huge rock blood ape smashed said rock atop her and crushed her lungs, bones and all internal organs in one go!

Enraged, furious and angry Falcree grasped on hilt of Yumi's sword Blizzard and screaming he charged towards blood ape while dragging sword which he barely could lift! Then in that moment he saw a vision and message from Unconquered Sun, which he drowned behind on fury towards the demon as suddenly blade in his hand came light as feather and his feet moved rapidly and he felt stronger than ever before! With a blur he leaped past blood ape's swipe and then arching slice with daiklave he harassed the blood ape with powerful golden arching slices and put him on defensive and then his blade started find hits past blood ape's guard, every slice burning and scorching his wounds with holy burning golden fire and blood ape screamed as he hacked him into pieces until nothing but shizzling black tar of demonic blood was left staining the monastery pavement.

Burning golden light and brand in his forehead made him realize what has happened, he was crying, both for what he had become and also for loss of Yumi and also realize his life was over as protector of the realms. He moved to Yumi and apologized to her, both taking her precious weapon without permission and also for becoming a anathema. However Yumi just smiled and barely managed to whisper; "Do not cry....you had been chosen as a hero....by the sun than from dragons..." Those were her final words and it made Falcree wonder what she had meant exactly by it. He had no lore nor religious training in lore like she had got, but as this happened he saw another golden light....it was another anathema, a another solar, who had emerged amongst the Immaculate monks. Together with her they blessed and gave final farewells to all fallen and then taking the sacred relic which bandits were aiming to steal with them they departed on the road. Falcree had taken the armor and weapon which Yumi had worn in her first and last actual combat as memento from her and his past life in the Blessed Isle.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Re Z L on May 28, 2016, 04:52:37 PM
What is everyone else's thoughts about where you all want the game to go?  Kill giant monsters?  Loot ancient dungeons?  Secure the East against the Wyld?  Drive off the Realm?  Make a new city-state?

Ideally ... build a confederation capable of standing against all the assorted nasties we know are out there ... The Realm, Deathlords, and all the rest ... based on First Age ideals (so ending slavery is rather high on his list of priorites). Lookshy would probably make a good nucleus for that. Resecuring Denandsor and bringing it back into action would definitely be something that you could bring to the bargaining table there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 29, 2016, 07:10:36 AM
Ideally ... build a confederation capable of standing against all the assorted nasties we know are out there ... The Realm, Deathlords, and all the rest ... based on First Age ideals (so ending slavery is rather high on his list of priorites). Lookshy would probably make a good nucleus for that. Resecuring Denandsor and bringing it back into action would definitely be something that you could bring to the bargaining table there.

*nods in agreement*

One longer lasting games where I had been in exalted was based on reclaiming Denandsor, succeed it and then govern/run it while counter against any threats who would come seek attack or steal Denandsor from us (both military force and through politic backstabbing). Anycase added background into my above post.

Empyrean

My Twilight would be on board with reclaiming Denandsor, certainly.

Lockepick

Due to the fact that we're not worried about having a 'perfect' circle -- could I ask that people who are expressing interest with a character idea perhaps offer up what their skillset/focus will be? I really don't want to overlap anybody if I can avoid it.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, key skill which needs mentioned is the supernal ability as in said ability char can focus to buy higher essence tier charms than norm and overall have easier time to learn/use said ability charms. My char supernal ability is presence.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: AndyZ on May 28, 2016, 03:50:37 PM
Rules clarification request: short daiklaives come in pairs, so does the attunement cost likewise come as a pair, or do you have to attune each one for the usual cost?
At this point, I am inclined to say as a pair, with all that brings. Though such things are rare if one of the pair were to be lost or destroyed that would break or nullify the argument until such situation was rectified.
Quote from: AndyZ on May 28, 2016, 04:48:55 PM
This doesn't seem to be the kind of game where a PC leading an army will help guide the story.  I may be wrong, though.
I could be, I did an epic fantasy game where a couple of PC's lead the army, another couple handles logistics and supply, another acted as the diplomat and the last PC was an amazing spymistress. It is really up to which direction you all want the game to go so don't think I am advocating or pushing the army idea, just saying it is an option.
Quote from: Re Z L on May 28, 2016, 06:11:42 PM
I'll put the album links on this post so maybe check back later when I get the rest of them sorted...

Solars:  http://imgur.com/a/GQjmw

Lunars:  http://imgur.com/a/4XICD

Dragon-Blooded:  http://imgur.com/a/RUOEA

Abyssals:  http://imgur.com/a/MAGmV

Gods/Demons/Spirits:  http://imgur.com/a/Kup0L

Locations:  http://imgur.com/a/MT1yg

Note:  The categories are pretty general, so you might find stuff in the Solars that fit Dragon-Bloods, or Lunars that fit Abyssals, and some pictures might be in multiple places.
This is awesome, thanks!
This, or any of the aforementioned ideas, could work. Once we have the party set I'll get an idea of where people want the game to go. I would say if the game seems to be steering in a way that may not suit your style, let's talk. One of the great advantages of this format is that you can interact with the other PCs and pursue goals of your own at the same time. The spymistress in the game I mentioned above did a great many things that made the generals think they were far better strategists than they were (not that they were slouches or anything), due to the actions of her spy network. She was content to work behind the scenes and while they knew her actions were helpful it was a year into the game before they realized just how much she actually influenced both on and off the battlefield.

So, far we have (not holding anyone to anything just trying to get a sense of things):
Re Z L--------------Night
Empyrean----------Twilight
Pumpkin Seeds----Zenith MA
Muse---------------Warrior Scholar 
Zaer Darkwail------ Dawn (?)
HairyHeretic--------Eclipse or Zenith
lockepick----------still deciding (and we are OK with that)

Is that everyone? I didn't miss anyone? If I did I apologize it was not intentional.

Obviously, there is enough interest to get a character thread going. That said, I would like to poll those interested to see what heading they would like to see this game appear under?

Zaer Darkwail

My char is Zenith and sheet is done and ready in above hellrazoromega. Pumpkin Seeds could differ greatly from mine if she focus more on performance/prayer, occultism, medicine and martial arts (my char is more a 'idealistic and honorable soldier' type Zenith with immense charisma).

HairyHeretic

Given we already have 2 Zenith, I'll stick with my Eclipse. I generally have a decent Occult knowledge, comes from dealing with spirits and things. I favour having at least a little skill in most areas, at least to start with, and keep a variety of fake identities for moving around.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Zaer Darkwail

Also do note that you get excelency even in unfavored ability if get charm for said ability (so it pays off to invest charm or two for ability charms which you do not favor but want get excelency to). My case I got just everything well covered in my end (may trade larceny charm for archery but the charm I picked for larceny is rather darn good investment). As solar you need decide single ability which defines your legend (my case it would be presence; ability to persuade, inspire and turn foes to friends just words alone).

HairyHeretic

For the Legendary I'm thinking probably Social, as it seems most fitting for an Eclipse. Occult is also tempting.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Lockepick

I'm leaning towards a Night based around Larceny or maybe some kind of Predator-Hunter-Archer type. I've wanted to play around with Sorcery or Crafting -- but I'm not sure that will work well in a starting game.

So I guess Re Z L : Any thought on what type of Night you're playing?

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 29, 2016, 12:52:40 PM
My char is Zenith and sheet is done and ready in above hellrazoromega. Pumpkin Seeds could differ greatly from mine if she focus more on performance/prayer, occultism, medicine and martial arts (my char is more a 'idealistic and honorable soldier' type Zenith with immense charisma).
I have not gone over it in detail yet, but a first glance it looks good. Doing the memorial day BBQ with family today, and some stuff tomorrow so I should have time to look at what we have so far in more detail on Tuesday.

Re Z L

Sounds like a plan!

Aside from Denandsor there's always Rathess and Mahalanka (Raksi's home) both of which would be useful to reclaim.

Quote from: lockepick on May 29, 2016, 02:20:00 PM
I'm leaning towards a Night based around Larceny or maybe some kind of Predator-Hunter-Archer type. I've wanted to play around with Sorcery or Crafting -- but I'm not sure that will work well in a starting game.

So I guess Re Z L : Any thought on what type of Night you're playing?

Sorcery is a little more accessible in 3rd from what I've seen...crafting does take a bit of time to invest into it though.

So a rough idea of what roles I'd try to fit into with my Night...

Supernal Larceny; Favored Brawl, Lore, Occult(?), Awareness, Stealth, Socialize, Bureaucracy

In rougher areas (dungeon-y sort of places), probably fit into a scout role with the ability to bypass locks/traps and see things before everyone else does with awareness while also being generally knowledgeable about history as it pertains to treasure or old ruins...basically the person that hunts down rare artifacts (real or otherwise) and sells them.  Indiana Jones or Lara Croft sort.

In cities probably a information gatherer, and general society manipulator (via socialize and bureaucracy to a point).  If we end up staying in a place for an over-long period of time might develop a kind of "outlaws guild" designed to uphold a code of honor amongst criminal elements.

Some kind of archer/sniper character could be good...not sure if anyone else was thinking of doing any ranged combat.  Thrown might be handy too.  Assassin?  Stealth Supernal?
A&A

Pumpkin Seeds

Looks like I'll be going Snake Style.

Lockepick

I think I'm actually leaning more towards a Dawn Caste now. Still going the Apex Predator/Hunter route: focusing on Survival, Archery, Awareness, and maybe some War. I'm thinking of taking a pair of familiars -- leaning towards some kind of giant wolf and some kind of hyper-intelligence/aware raven. Still throwing ideas around.

Once I committed to Familiars -- I realized Stealth was kind of not an option, and then I didn't really have anything within Night worth taking. Should be distinct from the other Dawn though, if we even both get in.

EDIT: Apparently Zenith is the only Caste that can take Survival Supernal -- so... hammering out that decision first before proceeding... This was supposed to be a more informative post when I started...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you can be apex predator without having top tier survival charms since the start. What apex predator does? Hunt down and kill big preys. So you could take supernal archery (or throw) present your prowess as to make a kill while hunting. Or as mentioned this does not need be perfect circle; so three zeniths is not big deal if theme of between zeniths is radically different.

Muse

Oh, do supernal abilites have to be caste?  I thought they could be favored.  :)  Shows what i know. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

I'm so going to have to be walked thru character creation.

AndyZ

Hellrazoromega, how many people are you planning on taking for this?

Pumpkin Seeds

Few more and we can have two circles.

Re Z L

Quote from: lockepick on May 29, 2016, 04:35:47 PM
I think I'm actually leaning more towards a Dawn Caste now. Still going the Apex Predator/Hunter route: focusing on Survival, Archery, Awareness, and maybe some War. I'm thinking of taking a pair of familiars -- leaning towards some kind of giant wolf and some kind of hyper-intelligence/aware raven. Still throwing ideas around.

Once I committed to Familiars -- I realized Stealth was kind of not an option, and then I didn't really have anything within Night worth taking. Should be distinct from the other Dawn though, if we even both get in.

EDIT: Apparently Zenith is the only Caste that can take Survival Supernal -- so... hammering out that decision first before proceeding... This was supposed to be a more informative post when I started...

Yea you could take that concept a number of different ways...  Dawn with a Supernal combat stat to be the ultimate combat predator...  Zenith with Survival to be something of a Pack Master (survival has a LOT of pretty cool familiar charms)...  Night for a stalking in the shadows and hunting down big prey...  etc.

Quote from: Muse on May 29, 2016, 05:07:16 PM
  Oh, do supernal abilites have to be caste?  I thought they could be favored.  :)  Shows what i know. 

Yup, Supernal (by default) has to be chosen from one of your Caste abilities, though each Caste has a slew to choose from (example:  Dawn's get Archery, Awareness, Brawl (and Martial Arts), Dodge, Melee, Resistance, Thrown, and War).
A&A

AndyZ

Re Z L, would you object to another Night if I went for an Assassin type?

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on May 29, 2016, 05:24:18 PM
Re Z L, would you object to another Night if I went for an Assassin type?

Wouldn't bother me at all   :-)
A&A

Pumpkin Seeds

Crap..Brawl isn't a Zenith caste ability.

Tempted to take Resistance as her supernatural ability.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 29, 2016, 05:32:52 PM
Crap..Brawl isn't a Zenith caste ability.

So can't be supernal brawler/martial artist :P. But athletics has some surprising good combat options (able surprise foe with fancy footwork like my char can do along with some other acrobatic tricks). But as mentioned do not always think that Zenith = religious martial artist. Same can be applied to any caste from solars (so religious dawn can fill said role).

Pumpkin Seeds

I didn't even think of Athletics.  Wow, so I gotta pick between the two.

As for Dawn I am reluctant to take that one simply because I'm not interested in just the combat stuff they offer.  I just don't see this character doing much else besides martial arts for fighting, but see her doing a great deal with Athletics, Resistance, Integrity and maybe Presence.  I can certainly see her gathering together martial artists and maybe trying to instruct mortals, Terrestial Exalted and such toward Enlightenment with their martial arts.  If this game went to a larger scale she would probably write a counter to the Immaculate Order and their texts.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you may have few essence tier 1 martial arts charms (both from Brawl and actual martial art) for starter but focus more on other aspects being Zenith (preacher type should get performance as there is oratory section in there) and you could favor linquistic (as linquistic handles all writing work but gives no languages unless taking a 1 merit dot per language). If aim for truly female monk (physical perfection/prowess) then focus to brawl/martial art, resistance and athletics is definately needed. Performance is for convince people enmass while presence is more individual scaled convincing.

Check the essence 2 and 3 charms for the athletics, resistance and performance. Then choose which one to be your supernal (your legendary) skill.

HairyHeretic

Am I the only one taking a sort of non combat focus?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Re Z L

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 29, 2016, 06:05:41 PM

I'll probably have only a handful of combat charms for a while, Larceny/Awareness being pretty primary for me, with Lore/Socialize/Bureaucracy following
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Well, the chargen sort recommends even most diplomatic/non-combat solar has some basic skills to survive or fight to extend he can defeat regular bandits/mortals. So 2-3 dots for combat ability and charm or two for defense/offense.

HairyHeretic

To start with I'd only be thinking maybe martial arts (no weapons to hide in a social setting), and mainly for defense. I'm not sure how heavily the Twilight will be looking into Lore / Occult, but I'm good with providing the support and let other people worry about making with the boot to head :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Re Z L

Work-in-Progress

Tigerseye Nightshade Blossom
The Alleyway Priestess of Coin and Crook

Sexual Orientation:  Pansexual

Height:  5' 8"
Weight:  120 lbs.

Eye Color:  Orange (a scar has drained much of the color from her right eye leaving it mostly white)
Hair Color:  Wheat-Blonde, bordering gray
Skin Color:  Lightly bronzed

Exalt Type:  Solar
Caste:  Night
Anima Banner:  A ghostly-white tiger with stripes of pale gold and eyes of midnight violet stalks around her in the periphery while a glowing darkness of violet swirled with vague shapes of pale gold flickers soundlessly around her in the likeness of a raging bonfire.

Description

A muscled, bronze-skinned woman of unremarkable height with hair reminiscent of the color of a field of wheat beneath the noon-day sun.  With an easy smile she disarms the trepidation her series of scars often brings out in others, while the narrowed eyes of a glare and the twist of her lips into a tooth-baring frown can just as easily bring it back.  The scars extend well into her scalp though she usually keeps her hair unkempt in such a way to conceal it.  Additionally hooded coats are often a favorite when she travels to-and-fro.

Background

It takes a certain type of soil to grow a tenacious flower which can rise above the choking weeds.  The children that happen to find themselves in Champoor, the city of night, are the seedlings of such blossoms though most are choked by the thistle.

Two sisters growing up in Champoor would eventually realize the necessity of protection within the city of night, especially when the elder sister that had taken it upon herself to protect the other.  So, at the behest of the elder girl, they had joined a small but established--if notorious--gang of criminals that worked in the city.  It did well to keep them protected from the other denizens of the lawless city and helped them both learn useful skills along the way.  The elder sibling was flung into criminal activity at the onset and had some of the nimblest fingers on the streets, nary an unwary visitor to Champoor wouldn't have a coin or two lost to the orange-eyed girl.  The other girl was relegated to more reputable--or at least morally neutral--pursuits such as keeping the books for who owed the gang what.  This was mostly the eldest sister's doing who still wished to keep her away from the life that she was living for the both of them.

While difficult to call such a life routine, the daily lives of the girls settled into a relatively "normal" slump.  Oh enemies were made, deals were struck, and friends were won and lost over the course of the years; but they had each other and the had their family of a gang.  The eldest, having long since earned the name Tigerseye Nightshade Blossom for the orange of her eyes and the venom in her words, knew that ultimately she wanted more.  Not for herself of course, she had long since given herself over to the idea of an endless life of crime trapped in the little port city of Champoor--but she had higher aspirations for her sister.  She eventually devised a plan.

It was a long-con that would inevitably involve blackmail, thievery, and a healthy dose of backstabbing.  None of these were things she wasn't familiar with, but the scope of the plot would test her limits.  Kamthahar was the ultimate target, but first she needed an "in".  Just like the gang she was in a number of other unsavory groups kept important records of who owed who what and how much.  That was going to be the only way to collect the information she needed, but she had to cover her tracks in a way that would overshadow the theft.  So she instigated a war between the gang she was in and her target of choice.  It wasn't easy, but when a bout left her with a length of scars across her scalp and face, blood covering her like some kind of half-mask, it made it easy enough for the leader of her gang to want to retaliate.  The war was still mild at best, and they were hardly uncommon so the city took little notice, but the two gangs were well distracted.

The next step was evidence.  Kamthahar, being as close as it was, wasn't an uncommon visitor to the city there were just certain things one needed to be in Champoor to either indulge in or procure without the prying eyes of the Dragon-Blooded Gods of that little empire.  And when a notable Patrician makes an almost routine visit it leads to certain conclusions.  The lead she gained was enough, and after some snooping of her own it became obvious to her that she had found her target.  If she'd taken the time to notice it would have almost seemed as if her steps were being guided, and her fingers finding their marks almost a little easier than normal.  With the information gathered it was only a matter of time.

Eventually the Patrician returned, unable to resist the allure any longer.  Tiger knew well in advance that he was on his way and prepared her little trap.  Even now the rush of essence tingled in her fingertips, a sense of power and purpose.  In the guise of one of his favorite prostitutes she managed to sneak in through the rented chambers and visit the Patrician in private, carrying with her the evidence she had gathered.  Everything seemed to have been going so well until she confronted the Patrician.  He had laughed--laughed!--at her and all the work she had done to make a better life for her sister.  A righteous indignation boiled in her soul as she attempted to find the words to make him do what she wanted...and then Darkness erupted.

The Patrician's face turned from one of amusement to one of shock within the space of a heartbeat.  It was then that she found the words, and she had a long discussion with the Patrician about the part that he was going to play in her scheme.  In exchange for not exposing how the Patrician was extorting money from his masters and using it to fund his little excursions to dabble in affairs that even the perverted faith of the Immaculate Order within Kamthahar would find objectionable he would buy her sister as a slave and take her to his master back in Kamthahar.  And with the 'easy' part of the scheme laid to rest it was time to partake of the difficult part.

Hate was the final, requisite piece of the puzzle.  She abandoned the gang, and made the arrangements to take her own sister to the Patrician for the faux deal of selling her off.  Tiger played at using the money to get away from Champoor, which wasn't really true, but she didn't want her sister to come looking for her because Tiger knew, ultimately, that trouble would probably follow her for the rest of her life.  With the deal done there was little delay before the Patrician left Champoor, and little delay for Tiger to follow them and spend a little time lurking in Kamthahar.  Using her new found talents she managed to manipulate events to place her sister in a safe and somewhat profitable position--and easily noticed by any of the various Dragon-Blooded nobility that would hopefully become taken by her skill and looks enough to try and wed her.  With those months, and nearly years, settled she eventually returned to Champoor to make a name for herself, eventually becoming well versed in "finding" things and selling them to people.

Of course her former gang still existed and there was plenty of bad blood between them.  What would ultimately become of her sister as well, would she harbor a grudge and maybe come after her, or just close that dark chapter of her past and move on with a new life?  Or the Patrician, surely he wouldn't take kindly to being played, and even a Patrician has some clout in Kamthahar to perhaps direct the Wyld Hunt in her direction surreptitiously...

Character Sheet

WIP

Attributes

Strength       â€¢â€¢â€¢â€¢â€¢ Charisma       â€¢â€¢â€¢â€¢â€¢ Intelligence    •••••
Dexterity      ••••• Manipulation  ••••• Wits             â€¢â€¢â€¢â€¢â€¢
Stamina        ••••• Appearance    ••••• Perception      •••••

Abilities

SupernalLarceny•••••

CasteAwareness•••••
Dodge•••••
Investigation•••••
Stealth•••••

FavoredBrawl•••••
Bureaucracy•••••
Linguistics•••••
Lore•••••
Socialize•••••

Archery•••••
Athletics•••••
Craft•••••
Integrity•••••
Medicine•••••
Melee•••••
Occult•••••
Performance•••••
Presence•••••
Resistance•••••
Ride•••••
Sail•••••
Survival•••••
Thrown•••••
War•••••

Specialties

AwarenessTouch
LarcenyPickpocket
LoreHistory
StealthCrowds

Merits

Ambidextrous•••••
Language•••••
Artifact•••••

CHARMS

Excellencies

• Larceny
  • Awareness
  • Dodge
  • Investigation
  • Stealth
  • Brawl
  • Bureaucracy
  • Linguistics
  • Lore
  • Socialize
  • Athletics
  • Sail

Athletics

• Monkey Leap Technique
  • Graceful Crane Stance

Awareness

• Keen Hearing and Touch Technique
  • Sensory Acuity Prana
  • Surprise Anticipation Method

Brawl

• Ferocious Jab

Bureaucracy

• Frugal Merchant Method

Dodge

• Reed in the Wind

Larceny

• Magpie's Invisible Talon
  • Stealing From Plain Sight
  • Flawless Pickpocketing Technique
  • Seasoned Criminal Method

Lore

• Harmonious Academic Methodology

Sail

• Salty Dog Method

Socialize

• Mastery of Small Manners

Stealth

• Easily-Overlooked Presence Method

Bonus Points

• Manipulation 3 -> 4 (3 points)
  • Larceny 2 -> 5 (3 points)
  • Stealth 1 -> 3 (2 points)
  • Lore 2 -> 3 (1 point)
  • Socialize 1 -> 3 (2 points)
  • Charm:  Brawl, Ferocious Jab (4 points)

XP/Solar XP 000/000
-?? ???; +? ???

Other Information

A&A

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 29, 2016, 05:09:38 PM
I'm so going to have to be walked thru character creation.
We stand ready to help.
Quote from: AndyZ on May 29, 2016, 05:15:33 PM
Hellrazoromega, how many people are you planning on taking for this?
I was thinking about seven but since the idea has come up, at eight I could do two circles for four who were allied in their first life.

Quote from: Muse on May 29, 2016, 05:07:16 PM
Yeah, the book says Caste only. This does not mean you can't have a renowned Night Caste Archer even if they don't have Supenal MA. Just a Dawn has a chance to be better. The idea is to prevent the issue with other editions where with some favored choices one Caste could outdo the Caste that was supposed to be the master of "x" ability.

Lockepick

Eh, Combat in Exalted is inevitable. I don't think you need to focus ENTIRELY on combat -- but it would be unwise to not have SOMETHING you can do during combat. If not, in a table top game, you basically just watch for an hour. In a play by post game? That might be weeks...

@Everybody Else: I did like the Survival stuff that focused on Familiars -- also Survival seems to go RIGHT into Essence 2+ right away, where Awareness and Archery have a LOT of Essence 1 Charms. Likely going Zenith! Jotting out my sheet now.

Lockepick

Chosen of the Maw
AKA 'Maw'
Zenith Caste

Description

WIP: Slender, tanned. Black/red paint and tattoos. Orichalcum Bow.

Sheet

Name: 'Chosen of the Maw' or 'Maw'     Caste: ZenithConcept: Apex Predator / Sacred Hunter

Anima: A large set of spectral, golden, bestial teethLimit Trigger: Seeing innocents suffering and being unable/unwilling to help.Supernal Ability: Survival

Attributes

Strength:        3 Charisma:        3 Intelligence:   
Dexterity:        5 Manipulation:  2 Wits:              3
Stamina:        3 Appearance:    2 Perception:      4

Abilities

fArchery:        5
Brawl:       
Melee:   
Thrown:   
cWar:   

Craft:        0
Investigation:       
Lore:   
Medicine:   
Occult:   

cAthletics:        3
fAwareness:       
fDodge:   
Larceny:   
fStealth:   
---

cIntegrity:        3
Performance:     
Presence:   
cResistance:   
cSurvival:   

Bureaucracy:        0
Linguistics:       
fRide:   
Sail:   
Socialize:   

Specialties:        #
Archery      Powerbows 
Survival      Tracking 
Awareness        Sight 
Stealth      Wilderness 

Essence, Willpower, Limit

Essence: 1
Willpower: (5)5
Limit Track: (0)10
Personal:  13 / 13
Peripheral:  28 / 33
Committed:  5

Health
-0 ( )
-1 ( )( )
-2 ( )( )
-4 ( )
inc ( ) 
Dying ( )( )( )

Charms:
Excellencies: Athletics, Archery, Awareness, Dodge, Integrity, Resistance, Ride, Stealth, Survival, War

Archery
Wise Arrow
Wise Arrow - 1m / Supplemental / Instant / KW: Uniform
- Reduce defense bonus of Heavy or Light cover by 1; If no cover, reduce Defense by 1.
- May take an Aim to attack behind Full Cover, target gaining +3 Defense.

Sight Without Eyes
Sight Without Eyes - 1m / Reflexive / One Tick
- Ignore penalties from visual conditions (up to pitch darkness).
- At Essence 3: Allows sight of silhouettes through Full Cover.

Blood Without Balance
Blood Without Balance - 3m / Reflexive / Instant / KW: Decisive Only
- If benefiting from Distract Gambit would allow immediate Decisive attack, can fire from up to Long without an Aim.
- If Initiative is under seven, base damage gains E dice.   

Trance of Unhesitating Speed
Trance of Unhesitating Speed - 4m + 1wp / Simple / Instant/ KW: Decisive Only
- Can spread Initiative between multiple Decisive attacks, but Initiative must be spread evenly, and a minimum of three. Max is determined by ammo or Dexterity.
- Each 10 rolled on the attack roll adds +1 to the base damage.

Awareness
Sensory Acuity Prana
Sensory Acuity Prana - 5m / Reflexive / One Scene
- Enhances all five senses, can't be overloaded. Gain 'Double 9s' on all Awareness rolls.

Surprise Anticipation Method
Surprise Anticipation Method - -- / Reflexive / Instant
- All senses function even while asleep/incapacitated, threats automatically reviving and allowing Awareness charms for defense.
- For all Awareness rolls, regain 1m per 9 rolled and 2m per 10 rolled only to pay for Awareness Charms.

Keen Sight Technique
Keen Sight Techniquie - 3m or 6m + 1wp / Simple / One Scene or Indefinite
- Solar's visual range is increased: can see tiny details at 100 yards, quickly count masses of troops, and notice threats well in advance.
- Auto success on all Difficulty 2 or 3 Sight Based actions without a roll.
- Gain +2 dice to notice hidden/secrets/threats.
- Reduce difficulty of visual hindrances by -1
- Special Activation Rules: 3m = 1 Scene; 6m +1 wp = Lasts Indefinitely   

Unswerving Eye Method
Unswerving Eye Method - 3m / Reflexive / Instant
- Effects any action attempting to hide/cheat/trick the Exalted: turn E of their 'Double Successes' into single successes.
- Allows Awareness to counter 'Perfect' effects.   

Keen Taste and Smell Technique
Keen Taste and Smell Technique - 3m or 6m + 1wp / Simple / One Scene or Indefinite
-  Recognize targets by scent, gain +2 Successes to survival for tracking or tracking a known scent.
- Gain 'Scent Library' and 'Taste Library' that can add bonuses to Investigation/Survival/etc in the future.
- Special Activation Rules: 3m = 1 Scene; 6m +1 wp = Lasts Indefinitely   

Foe Scenting Method
Foe Scenting Method - 0m or 2m / Reflexive / Instant
- At 0m, before Awareness rolls, become aware of numbers/types of creatures. Potentially identifying them based on Scent Library.
- At 2m, know the direction/distance to each scent, also +1 success to Join Battle and Awareness to uncover scented targets.     

Survival
Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit
Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit - 5m / Reflexive / One Day
- Ignore all Environmental Penalties, regardless of how extreme. Does not effect Environmental Damage.
- Lower difficulty to forage and find shelter by 2, to a minimum of 1.     

Trackless Region Navigation
Trackless Region Navigation - 5m + 1wp / Reflexive / Indefinite
- Allows Solar and Group (up to E x 2) can travel 20 miles per day across normal wilderness or 10 miles per day across the harshest terrain.
- Automatically succeed on Survival rolls to find oasis/shelter.   

Unshakable Bloodhound Technique
Unshakable Bloodhound Technique - 4m / Supplemental / Instant
- On tracking rolls, reroll 5s and 6s until they no longer appear. Target's 1s act as 10s for the Solar.
- Allows tracking through 'Perfect' effects.     

Friendship with Animals Approach
Friendship with Animals Approach - 3m / Simple / Instant
- Deal with wild animals. Smaller animals and herbivores would be docile, and predators simply allow target to pass.
- Does not apply to sentient animals, familiars, animals trained to attack, or animals mentally effected.     

Spirit-Tied Pet
Spirit-Tied Pet - 10m + 1wp + 1xp / Simple / Instant
- Unbreakable Loyalty: Familiar gains Defining Tie to Master, and no influence of any kind can make them act against this Intimacy.
- Essence-Drawing Method: Solar can draw 5m from Familiar per day. If used on multiple Familiars in one scene, motes only last until SOlar's next turn.
- Power-Renewing Bond: Solar can gain 1wp from Familiar, also removes -1 of Crippling Penalties. 1/day regardless of number of Familiars.
- Sense-Riding Discipline: 'Possess' Familiar.
-- Currently Effecting: Habrok     

Familiar-Honing Instruction
Familiar-Honing Instruction - 4m / Simple / Instant / KW: Mute
- Solar rolls (Charisma + Survival), and adds successes as bonus dice to Familiar's action.

Merits: 11 Total
Familiar: Garmr  3
Familiar: Habrok 3
Artifact: "Hearthorn" Orichalcum Powerbow3
Mentor: Habrok 3

Intimacies:
The Sacred Hunt (Defining Intimacy, Principle)
Garmr (Major Positive Intimacy, Tie)
Habrok (Major Positive Intimacy, Tie)
Provider of Heart's Blood (Major Positive Intimacy, Tie)
Torture/Cruelty (Minor Negative Intimacy, Principle)

Combat

Join Battle:  8d+3   Evasion:  5   Parry:  3   Soak:  6(3+3)   Hardness:  0 Mobility Penalty:  -0
Resolve:  3   Guile:  1   
---

Attack  Acc  Dmg/Overwhelming  Def    Range    Tags 
Punch/Kick  +5  +10L/1O+0-Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural
Hearthorn  11+  +15L/4On/a-1/+5/+3/+1/-1Lethal, Archery (Long)

Bonus Point Ledger

Purchased...   ##
Survival 3->53
Archery 3->53
Awareness 3->53
Mentor 1->32
Survival Charm4

Familiar: Garmr

A mortal wolf fell in love with the Mother Wolf, goddess of the wolves. He brought her offerings of prey from across Creation, but finally won her favor in hunting a lesser god. Garmr was one of the litter from their union, cared for by the Mother Wolf until he was of age. The litter spread throughout Creation, Garmr settling in the West in his effort to find or start a pack of his own, but has yet to find a worthy mate. He met with Provider of Heart's Blood on one of his own hunts, the two working well together. When Maw was born, Garmr could sense greatness, and he was one of the boy's guides growing up into that potential. As time went on, the definition of 'pack' began to transcend the traditional, mortal definition...

Garmr has grown into a massive direwolf, standing taller than most horses. He's almost too large to fit through most doorways, having to squeeze through, even if he's likely to crowd any common residential once he got in there. His fur is black all over, except for golden streaks across his muzzle and paws. He's incapable of speech, but his face is expressive of deeper understanding.

Mechanics

Essence: 1; Willpower: 7 / 7; Join Battle: 10d (Base Initiative 5)
Health Levels: -0x5/-1x5/-2x7/-4x7/Incap
Speed Bonus: +2
Actions: Feat of Strength: 12d (Strength 7 Feats, Incredible Might); Hide in Dense Forest/Swamps: 8d; Intimidation: 10d; Resist Poison/Disease: 10d; Senses: 5d (Relentless Pursuit); Tracking 8d (Relentless Pursuit); Resolve 3, Guile 1

Combat:
Attack (Bite): 11 dice / Damage: 16/5 (Piercing: Costs 1i and Defense -1 to ignores 4 soak on Withering)
Attack (Slam): 12 dice / Damage: 14/4 (Smashing: Costs 2i and Defense -1 to knock target back one band and prone)
Attack (Claw Take): 13 dice / Damage 12/3
Attack (Grapple): 8 dice (10 dice to control) Rolls are unopposed on targets smaller than a Tyrant Lizard (without magic allowing grapples on large targets)
Combat Movement: 7d
Evasion: 4; Parry: 6
Soak/Hardness: 15/5

Special Attacks:
Improved Trip: Can spend 1wp when knocking a target prone with Garmr's Smashing attack to reflexively make a Grapple attack that cannot be Parried. Garmr can only restrain the enemy, and cannot move without ending the clinch, but the stomped enemy takes 6 dice of Lethal that ignores hardness for each round Garmr holds it. Not compatible with Deadly Thrash.

Deadly Thrash: Can attempt a Decisive Bite and a Decisive Slam before Initiative resets. Gain +1i for each round of control forfeited after the reset.

Ferocious Bite: Decisive Bite versus an enemy with a lower Initiative rating adds +10 to the raw damage. Can only be used 1/battle unless reset by rebuilding from base Iniative to Initiative 15+. Not compatible with Deadly Thrash.

Furious Rampage: If attacking an enemy in Initiative Crash, add +3 automatic successes.

Iron Jaws: Garmr does not take Defense penalties from grappling enemies smaller than a Tyrant Lizard, and can reflexively take a drag action to move them whenever it moves. Being attacked only causes it to lose rounds of control over a clinch if the attack does damage.

Terrifying Wolf Howl (Latent): Garmr unleashes a hwol that can be heard for miles, rolling it's Intimidation pool against all enemies and adding a number of dice equal to its Initiative. Mortal bystanders and natural enemies automatically flee, as does any enemy whose Resole is overcome, unless they pay 1wp. If they spend 1wp, they lose 1i per success over their Resolve. This resets Garmr to base Initiative.

Prey-Devouring Maw (Latent): Decisive Bite attacks against a battle group automatically forces a rout check at Difficulty 3. If the attack depleted the group's Magnitude, add +3 to the difficulty of the Rout check.

Merits
Apex Predator: Garmr regains 1wp each time it Crashes or Incapacitates a non-trivial opponent. Also immune to any non-magical influence roll meant to intimidate, provoke fear, or play upon fear.

Incredible Might: Garmr applies 'Double 8s' on any Feat of Strength to life, carry, or crush something between its jaws.

Legendary Stamina: Garmr does not take Onslaught Penalties from opponents smaller than a Tyrant Lizard, unless magically-inflicted.
- Withering attacks made by targets smaller than a Tyrant Lizard can't drop Garmr below 1 Initiative unless they have a post-soak damage of 10d (though targets still gain Initiative).
- Decisive Attacks made by targets smaller than a Tyrant Lizard cannot deal more than (3 + Attacker's Strength) levels of damage from a single attack; not counting damage added from magical sources.

Relentless Pursuit: Gain 'Double 8s' on any Scent-Based Awareness roll, or rolls to track via Scent. Adds +5 automatic successes on any roll made to oppose an Enemy's Stealth roll using scent.

Thick Hide: Garmr does not subtract wound penalties from Defense. Attacks made from short range or further reduce their minimum damage by one unless they have Aimed. 

Familiar: Habrok

Habrok started as a lesser spirit of wisdom, a stationary and silent creature that simply observed and learned the knowledge that happened around it. Through force of will it grew and evolved to have a voice, serving as a messenger to share and spread information. He continued to grow in clout, eventually serving as an advisor and translator for the gods in Yu Shan playing the Games of Divinity. As they grew more corrupted, they strayed away from the wisdom that Habrok had devoted himself to. He 'retired' from service, eventually coming across Garmr and Provider of Heart's Blood. The two hunters ensured a comfortable and well-fed life for Habrok. It was Habrok who had the cryptic vision of Maw's greatness, and seeing him grow into that potential inspired Habrok to return back to his life of guidance and gathering of knowledge.

To mundane eyes, Habrok simply looks like a black raven with feathers that occasionally offer a silver sheen in the light. Those able to see Essence flows or spirits will sense the dual natured state of the bird. His silver eyes are always watching and curious, and he alternates between speaking casually to speaking in crude tongues and cryptic omens.

Mechanics

Essence: 1; Willpower: 5 / 5; Join Battle: 5d
Health Levels: -0/-1x2/-2x2/-4/Incap
Actions: Fly: 10 dice; Stealth: 7 dice; Tracking: 5 dice (Eagle Eye); Senses: 6 dice (Eagle Eye); Obscure Knowledge (Lore/Occult): 8 dice; Bureaucracy: 6 dice

Combat:
Attack (Peck): 10 dice / Damage: 10
Combat Movement: 8d
Evasion: 5; Parry: 1
Soak/Hardness: 5/0

Special Attacks:
Swooping Distract: Habrok can move down from up to Medium Range to make the Distract Gambit. Habrok can spend 1wp to ignore the Initiative cost and gain Double 10s on the Initiative roll.

Merits
Spirit-Tied Pet (Magic): Maw has used the Charm 'Spirit-Tied Pet' to Habrok, gaining all the benefits therein.

Alighting Hunter's Ascent: If Habrok is adjacent to Maw, he gives Maw +1 automatic success to Join Battle, and can reflexively fly to Medium Range from the ground as part of the Join Battle roll.

Omnilinguist: Habrok can read, understand, and speak any language that is/was shared by a culture. This does not include any sort of coded or secret language.

See Essence: As per All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight, Habrok can see the flow and strings of essence, as well as Immaterial Spirits.

Background

WIP: Omen birth in a small Eastern tribe, taken in by the tribe's god 'Provider of Heart's Blood' and trained as a hunter alongside the god's two companions, Garmr and Habrok. Some mad Wyld Mutant was rampaging and heading right for the tribe's village, and Maw exalted when he nearly died trying to intercept it. He brought the heart back, and the tribe grew stronger from eating it, allowing Maw to leave to find greater prey for greater glory and strength.
WIP: Need a name for the tribe.
WIP: Detail concept of 'Sacred Hunt' -- something something gaining the strength and spirit from defeated targets, prey should be honored for their sacrifice in giving that strength.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 29, 2016, 05:42:47 PM
I didn't even think of Athletics.  Wow, so I gotta pick between the two.

As for Dawn I am reluctant to take that one simply because I'm not interested in just the combat stuff they offer.  I just don't see this character doing much else besides martial arts for fighting, but see her doing a great deal with Athletics, Resistance, Integrity and maybe Presence.  I can certainly see her gathering together martial artists and maybe trying to instruct mortals, Terrestial Exalted and such toward Enlightenment with their martial arts.  If this game went to a larger scale she would probably write a counter to the Immaculate Order and their texts.

Well, all your Supernal ability does is treat your Essence as 5 only for meeting the prerequisites of that abilities Charms. So you are getting some more powerful Charms sooner. You can still be an awesome Zenith martial artist.

Giving the matter some thought I am leaning toward allowing Supernals to be favored but rather treating the Essense, in that case as 4 that way it does not negate the power and importance of Caste Supernal abilities.

Re Z L

Quote from: hellrazoromega on May 30, 2016, 02:03:56 AM
Well, all your Supernal ability does is treat your Essence as 5 only for meeting the prerequisites of that abilities Charms. So you are getting some more powerful Charms sooner. You can still be an awesome Zenith martial artist.

Giving the matter some thought I am leaning toward allowing Supernals to be favored but rather treating the Essense, in that case as 4 that way it does not negate the power and importance of Caste Supernal abilities.

I remember there being a bit of commotion about it on the official forums some time ago...  Personally I would just leave it be.

What you're thinking of isn't too different from just letting people Supernal whatever they wanted, too.  Each ability only has 1 or 2 essence 5 charms, so the difference between allowing Ess 5 or just Ess 4 is minimal.

Just my two cents  :-)
A&A

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Re Z L on May 30, 2016, 02:20:20 AM
I remember there being a bit of commotion about it on the official forums some time ago...  Personally I would just leave it be.

What you're thinking of isn't too different from just letting people Supernal whatever they wanted, too.  Each ability only has 1 or 2 essence 5 charms, so the difference between allowing Ess 5 or just Ess 4 is minimal.

Just my two cents  :-)
Indeed, after sleeping on it, we will leave Supernal as is. It occurred to me that Supernal only lets you count you Essence as 5 for Chams based on that ability but it does not negate the prerequisites you are likely to need to get there so it is likely to still take some time to buy those Charms (I'm sure there are some exceptions). A person can still build a heck of a character based on a non-Caste ability.

So since I think my question got missed( or I missed responses  :P ), what forum would folks like to see this game end up in BDSM, NC, etc.? Once I get a majority I'll start up threads. I am open to any of the above so long as people are aware that adult themes will be present, though of course that need not mean "sexy time." The nearest town to the place the PCs will be starting, Volivat, has an interesting social structure (at least based on my take on what is in the book) which could involve very adult themes.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Re Z L

I'm not too particular about which board category it's in   :-)
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

I have no limits on boards but extreme I would not advice. Myself would advice NC: Exotic small groups (NC as NC situations do occur in Exalted universe and it can happen to NPC's than players and exotic covers lunars, wyld mutants and horse gods knocking out maidens pregnant).

Lockepick

I have no preference. I tend to over compensate and go with Extreme just to be safe -- but doesn't matter to me!

hellrazoromega

Think I will shoot for NC: Exotic then. I should have it up by tomorrow.

AndyZ

Can you use Charms on Counterattacks?

VNConsort

Hi there! I was wondering how many you had and if there was room for more?  Just checking before I get worked up with creating a character! 

I can have a character sheet up by the end of tomorrow if you guys are still open to another.
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Re Z L

Quote from: VNConsort on May 30, 2016, 08:24:12 PM
Hi there! I was wondering how many you had and if there was room for more?  Just checking before I get worked up with creating a character! 

I can have a character sheet up by the end of tomorrow if you guys are still open to another.

Looks like 7 people have expressed interest so far...Omega hasn't really accepted any characters/players yet as we're still putting characters together.  He did mention that if he had 8 players he might do two circles of four.
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on May 30, 2016, 08:11:56 PM

So far as I know you cannot use 'counter attack' charms vs other counter attacks. But otherwise there should be no limit when and how use charm (surprise attacks just mean your not aware of attack and so cannot know to use charm in time if surprised).

hellrazoromega

Quote from: AndyZ on May 30, 2016, 08:11:56 PM
You are welcome to submit a character, I think we will go with the two allied circles of 4.

AndyZ

Most of the way done with this sheet, just finishing off bonus points.

Azure Orchid's life before Exaltation was rather simple: she had no great destiny, her name was given to her because of her beauty and charismatic nature, and her peasant upbringing meant that she would simply wait to reincarnate as something better.

When she chose to stand up for one of the merchants, it wasn't even out of any sense of personal bravery or responsibility.  She'd been having a terrible day, the thugs had been harassing people for weeks now, and she honestly just wanted it to stop.  The only difference was that she didn't back down this time.

It all happened so fast, like reflexes or a dream, and all of them were dead at her feet.  The merchant screamed that she was Forsaken, and that was certainly true: all of her friends and associates abandoned her to the sudden claim for something she'd never really heard all that much about.

What she now knew without doubt, though, was that she had a responsibility to make the world a better place.  How many times had she wanted someone to stand up and make things better?  How it was her turn.

Reincarnation being what it was, there was no reason not to kill quite a few people, leaving corpses in her wake.  If someone was evil, she could just kill them, and hopefully they'd be better people next time around.  If not, well, she could always kill them again later.

It wasn't a pleasant business, but it could be rather lucrative.  When she couldn't find the owner of something, or if the people weren't willing to listen or talk to her, she could keep it for herself.  The best two cases of such were a suit of plate and chain, originally worn by another one of those people who insisted that she was Anathema and that the world would be a better place without her, and a simhata who refused to leave her side as soon as he saw her caste mark.

If not for that strange old man, she'd probably have continued on that route until she died of old age.

He stopped her easily enough, standing with an oversized mallet that was taller than he was, yet he managed to carry in both his gnarled hands.  She didn't really stop to look at him, which must be why she can't remember what he looked like.  As beautiful as the weapon was, she couldn't help but want it.  "Nice sledge," she said as she dismounted from the simhata.

"Weapons deserve proper respect," he told her with a bit too dramatic of a pose, pointing it in her direction.  "This is a Grand Goremaul, one of the Artifacts of the First Age.  Its name is Veritas."

Something about the word struck a chord with her, a way she couldn't quite define or understand, another one of those memories from a life that wasn't hers.  "Ver...i..."

Seeing her confusion, he stepped in.  "It means 'Truth,'" he explained.  "Truth is a much more powerful weapon than any sword, and I aim to beat you down with it."

He chastised her as they fought for what might have been hours, lecturing her like a child as she did her best to end the battle with a single thrust.  They spoke of reincarnation, of death, and how everyone who hunted her down was hardly worthy of reincarnation.  Many of them likewise saw her as a threat, and were important as Creation's staunch allies.  The more of them she killed, the more they'd work to hunt her down, and the weaker Creation would be as a result.

When she finally managed the final blow, he disappeared, leaving Veritas as the only sign of his former presence.  Even though she claimed the Artifact as her own, she left her sword as a sort of trade for the worthy opponent.  Had she really done the right thing in killing him?  How much important wisdom was now lost to Lethe?  It never even occurred to her that he might still be alive, watching and waiting for the next chance to put her on a proper path.

Since then, she's taken to mastering the art of fighting without killing, dispatching those who come to slay her but leaving evidence that she could have killed them were she as evil as they believed.  She still doesn't know if her current path is current, but she's still young, and her destiny has only really begun.

hellrazoromega

OCC thread is up and you can find a link to the Character Thread there.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=250244.0

Re Z L

A&A

dscribe

Hi, I'm new to the boards and so a little unsure of the etiquette involved here; is this thread still accepting applications?  I've been interested in trying an Exalted 3rd edition game.  I have a character concept for an occult luthier (probably Twilight).  :-)

hellrazoromega

I think we are at my current limit of 8 but let me make sure that is a fact and if there is room you are welcome to join.

dscribe

Re Z L

I put most of the character sheet together, I should have the rest finished later tonight
A&A

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Re Z L on June 03, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
I put most of the character sheet together, I should have the rest finished later tonight
Cool the character thread is up, the link is in the OOC thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=250244.0

Crash

Darn, sorry I missed this.  I have never played Exalted before but I bought 3rd edition and am interested in a game.  I will lurk!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious