Interest Check: Original World Final Fantasy RP

Started by Florence, February 17, 2013, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Well, it's not Midgar Chronicles, but I'm definately interested. Just a shame there's no Magitek-centric classes for me to use! Magitek Armor pilots and Chemists aren't that iconic, sadly. Elemental/Magic/Magitek pistols are sweet. :x

I'd definately go something ranged. Probably Homunculus or Hume, since there's no Mithra flittin' around this world as player races. :P

Now, where did I put my giant folder of generic final fantasy artwork . . .
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Sabre

Quotesince there's no Mithra

A tragedy like no other.

Wargtass

Courtesy of Eric Young, I be pimpin it!  ;D

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

So are there any CS planned or are we winging it?
O/O

Latooni Subota

Well, it IS just an interest check now, until Finn is ready to go right? I assume there will be a CS when Finn is ready for apps :3

(Also, that is one sweet Black Mage :3 )

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Wargtass

True, my face is melting in anticipation. And from my awesome picture.
O/O

SirHakado

I'd like to keep my face non-melted, kay? :(

And I'd say this Interest thread has been a pimpin' succes :D

Latooni Subota

Have an adorable tsun White Mage for finding such an awesome picture.

Tsun Tsun

Wargtass

I am such a Black/White Mage shipper... *drool*
O/O

hippyness

Quote from: Xilian on February 18, 2013, 01:43:36 PM
If I read it correctly blue mages can also use physical abilities as their fighting style. I take they enhance their physical abilities with magic?
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this

They can indeed, but blue mages still wear the lighter armor if any and don't carry the biggest sticks. My comment was more focused on the need of someone tailored to covered the team in a physical way.

Although this is just speculation, if the game is open past in game rules, then there's no reason as a Blue Mage you couldn't have trained to wear heavy armor and stand shoulder to shoulder on the front lines. Kind of like a Physical Adept from earlier gens of Shadowrun.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Florence

Quote from: Latooni Subota on February 18, 2013, 01:54:29 PM
Well, it's not Midgar Chronicles, but I'm definately interested. Just a shame there's no Magitek-centric classes for me to use! Magitek Armor pilots and Chemists aren't that iconic, sadly. Elemental/Magic/Magitek pistols are sweet. :x

I'd definately go something ranged. Probably Homunculus or Hume, since there's no Mithra flittin' around this world as player races. :P

Now, where did I put my giant folder of generic final fantasy artwork . . .

Magitek pistols are a thing :o Rangers could use them, thieves can as well (since pistols are quite concealable). For advanced classes, you could have a samurai with a unique pistol... or perhaps ninja dual wielding them :3

Just be aware that these are relatively primitive guns, in that you won't be able to rapid-fire them.

And yes, a CS will be up once I'm ready to launch!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Latooni Subota

Welp, I think I found my character if I end up getting in. As not-quite-as-fun as it is to play healers . . . I think I won't mind in this game, lol.

The Cuteness

Wargtass

Quote from: Latooni Subota on February 19, 2013, 01:14:08 AM
Welp, I think I found my character if I end up getting in. As not-quite-as-fun as it is to play healers . . . I think I won't mind in this game, lol.

The Cuteness

Doesn't work as well in English as in Swedish, where sweet is the same word as cute, but it'll do... Now I really ship Black/White Mage.  ::)
O/O

kckolbe

Wow, this is looking like so much fun.  I'm slowly following along and thinking of a white mage as well, though come recruitment time I would make him of a different flavor (maybe more a warrior-priest/paladin type) to counter the adorable one from Latooni.  I might even model his personality after Cyan.  FF IV and VI were my favorite games, so playing a class from the first (paladin) and a char concept from the other is about as good as it gets for me.

By the way, even though cleric/white mage is not a hybrid class, is it safe to assume that paladin would still be an acceptable advanced class to move into?

On a personal note, so glad we parted amicably from the last FF game.  Would be kicking myself in the ass right now had I flamed out from the last one.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sabre

Quote from: Latooni Subota on February 19, 2013, 01:14:08 AM

The Cuteness

So... A Serra, a Natasha, or L'Arachel?

SirHakado

Quote from: Sabre on February 19, 2013, 07:43:18 AM
So... A Serra, a Natasha, or L'Arachel?
She looks like a Natasha... Doesn't look crazy enough for Latch, and looks too sweet/nice for a Serra :P

ElusiveM00se

After doing some more reading and thinking, I have a question. 

- There is an initial physical class of 'Ranger' but no additional advanced classes for it listed. Will a hunter/ranger have any additional jobs to choose from, or is there only the one ranger on purpose?

Depending on the answer, I could play one of the following ideas -

- A ranger with aspirations to become something more (hunter/beast master)
- A thief with dreams of becoming a ninja
- A pious fighter (or monk) on her way to becoming a Paladin.
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

Florence

Quote from: kckolbe on February 19, 2013, 05:33:23 AM
Wow, this is looking like so much fun.  I'm slowly following along and thinking of a white mage as well, though come recruitment time I would make him of a different flavor (maybe more a warrior-priest/paladin type) to counter the adorable one from Latooni.  I might even model his personality after Cyan.  FF IV and VI were my favorite games, so playing a class from the first (paladin) and a char concept from the other is about as good as it gets for me.

By the way, even though cleric/white mage is not a hybrid class, is it safe to assume that paladin would still be an acceptable advanced class to move into?

On a personal note, so glad we parted amicably from the last FF game.  Would be kicking myself in the ass right now had I flamed out from the last one.

There will be a time skip when the job advancements occur, during which time it can easily be assumed that a squishy mage buffs up or a strong warrior takes the time to learn some magic, so pretty much any class can advance into any advanced class, as long as it makes sense for the character. (A dumb as bricks berserker isn't likely going to become a Sage without a hell of an explanation.)

And it's always good to leave on good terms :D

Quote from: ElusiveM00se on February 19, 2013, 08:13:14 AM
After doing some more reading and thinking, I have a question. 

- There is an initial physical class of 'Ranger' but no additional advanced classes for it listed. Will a hunter/ranger have any additional jobs to choose from, or is there only the one ranger on purpose?

Depending on the answer, I could play one of the following ideas -

- A ranger with aspirations to become something more (hunter/beast master)
- A thief with dreams of becoming a ninja
- A pious fighter (or monk) on her way to becoming a Paladin.

There's no exclusive "ranged" glass, but as I've pointed out before there are several classes that mesh well with it. As you keep skills from your basic class you could go with one of the (non-Sage) magical classes and do that with a ranged weapon, to be pretty badass at a distance (though super squishy). I imagine Rune Knights stick to melee weapons (the image of soaking up magic with a gun or bow just seems... odd to me xD) but mystic knight could probably use magical shots or arrows. You could take Ninja and dual wield pistols, jumping around, being all agile and shit, or you could be a samurai with a bond to, say, a special rifle.

The thing is, I wanted to keep it somewhat limited, since there will only be so many characters, I didn't want there to be like 20 basic classes to choose from. On top of that, I wanted to keep it limited to somewhat "iconic" classes. I mulled around with some ideas, like machinist/mechanic for instance, but really the only machinist I can think of that uses guns is Mustadio, other than that, it tends to be a melee class (FFIV Cid) or "Sniper" but that's not really iconic at all. In the end I thought it was better to try having the best representation of iconic classes and abilities as I could, rather than taking up one class just to have a dedicated ranged advancement. Instead, most of the classes can kind of base their weapon choice on what the basic class was. If... any of that makes sense.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on February 19, 2013, 08:29:26 AM

There's no exclusive "ranged" glass, but as I've pointed out before there are several classes that mesh well with it. As you keep skills from your basic class you could go with one of the (non-Sage) magical classes and do that with a ranged weapon, to be pretty badass at a distance (though super squishy). I imagine Rune Knights stick to melee weapons (the image of soaking up magic with a gun or bow just seems... odd to me xD) but mystic knight could probably use magical shots or arrows. You could take Ninja and dual wield pistols, jumping around, being all agile and shit, or you could be a samurai with a bond to, say, a special rifle.

The thing is, I wanted to keep it somewhat limited, since there will only be so many characters, I didn't want there to be like 20 basic classes to choose from. On top of that, I wanted to keep it limited to somewhat "iconic" classes. I mulled around with some ideas, like machinist/mechanic for instance, but really the only machinist I can think of that uses guns is Mustadio, other than that, it tends to be a melee class (FFIV Cid) or "Sniper" but that's not really iconic at all. In the end I thought it was better to try having the best representation of iconic classes and abilities as I could, rather than taking up one class just to have a dedicated ranged advancement. Instead, most of the classes can kind of base their weapon choice on what the basic class was. If... any of that makes sense.

It makes quite a bit of sense.

I really do like your idea of the duel-pistol ninja. Should I be accepted, I think this is the way I'll go, with your blessing.
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

Revenent

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on February 19, 2013, 08:29:26 AM
There will be a time skip when the job advancements occur, during which time it can easily be assumed that a squishy mage buffs up or a strong warrior takes the time to learn some magic, so pretty much any class can advance into any advanced class, as long as it makes sense for the character. (A dumb as bricks berserker isn't likely going to become a Sage without a hell of an explanation.)

Hey, now, my monk -> berserker isn't going to be dumb. >:(

Florence

Quote from: Revenent on February 19, 2013, 09:15:41 AM
Hey, now, my monk -> berserker isn't going to be dumb. >:(

Oh right, I made berserker an advanced class... IGNORE ME I'M SLEEP DEPRIVED.

Latooni Subota

Quote from: SirHakado on February 19, 2013, 08:00:44 AM
She looks like a Natasha... Doesn't look crazy enough for Latch, and looks too sweet/nice for a Serra :P

That. As much as I want to make her lean more towards Lissa in honor of Awakening, I think I need to bring MORE SUGAR. :3

Florence

Quote from: Latooni Subota on February 19, 2013, 10:24:32 AM
That. As much as I want to make her lean more towards Lissa in honor of Awakening, I think I need to bring MORE SUGAR. :3

I need a 3DS! ;A;

Revenent

I need an idea of what any of you are talking about. >_>

Oh, and Finn, considering how many people have already joined on, unless you're happy running another group as large as the FFVIII one, you might want to close recruitment. I just know you said you wanted 5-6 people, and I'm pretty sure we're above that already.

Latooni Subota

It just means Finn is popular, and gets to pick the CREAM OF THE CROP of applicants! HEALTHY COMPETITION!

(If I don't get picked i'll be sad. q.q )

Florence

Quote from: Revenent on February 19, 2013, 10:39:15 AM
I need an idea of what any of you are talking about. >_>

Oh, and Finn, considering how many people have already joined on, unless you're happy running another group as large as the FFVIII one, you might want to close recruitment. I just know you said you wanted 5-6 people, and I'm pretty sure we're above that already.

1) Fire Emblem: Awakening. Its for the 3DS. It looks amazing. I want it.

2) Technically there's no recruitment, this is pretty much just me gauging the popularity of the idea and letting others think about what they might wanna play. I'm going to make a separate thread for the proper rp and whatnot when its ready.