Adam and Eves

Started by thymoit, January 15, 2011, 03:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thymoit

Background

The world is our present day world. Only something started happening a few weeks ago. It first made public attention with news reports from physicists around the world reporting all kinds of screwy results. One of the most repeated factoids was that the speed of light, long taken to be a universal constant was changing. Laboratories from around the world reported different results as more and more of them chimed in. For the most part the world went on. It was a topic of conversation, but not as important as the economy, the war in Iraq, the upcoming election or the latest celebrity gossip.

That changed yesterday. Suddenly pieces of the world started vanishing and being replaced by other pieces. Whole chunks of developed land disappeared to be replaced by forest, or jungle or ice. It started off as unclear rumors from distant parts of the globe, but yesterday it grew more and more common, spreading to every continent.  It also became clear *what* was happening. Pieces of NOW were disappearing from the world to be replaced with pieces of somewhen else. The affected areas ranged in size from a city block to square miles. A slice of Jurassic jungle appeared in Louisana. A modern city in Japan vanished to be replaced by a samurai era village. An ancient forest that had never seen the axe appeared within a few miles of London.  The news stations went into a frenzy as more and more incidents happened.  A lost company of civil war troops appeared outside Richmond , a devastated and radioactive plain appeared in China, a band of conquistadors in Panama, a half-mile wide flying saucer floating over Rome.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the world was quickly going to hell. News reports claimed riots were breaking out in major cities throughout the world.  There was been a run on gas stations, gun shops and grocery stores.  The president declared a national state of emergency.  The FAA grounded all flights...

Last Taxi from Dallas

Adam Knight knew the world was going to hell. He has been glued to the radio just like everyone else.  However, he has bills to pay.  The government and the media had a theory about things being swapped between times, but nobody knew why this was happening, when (or even if) it would stop, and more importantly where it would strike next.  Adam simply decided that he was just as likely to vanish or run into a dinosaur in his home as he was out on the streets. So there wasn't any point to cower behind locked doors. He was out busting his ass, driving his taxi. Maybe the world was ending, but maybe it would all go away as mysteriously as it came. If it did and things went back to normal - then this was a chance to make more in a day than he usually did in months.  He looked at it as hedging his bets.  He took some precautions.  He had a baseball bat beside him in the driver's seat.  He'd put shotgun in the trunk with a full box of ammo and some emergency supplies - just in case.  So far the morning had been good to him.  Now he pulled into the taxi stand at DFW airport ready to make another fistfull of money.

He parked the cab an jumped out.  The crowd was looking even uglier than before.  The windows of his taxi were rolled  He left the bat in the taxi and his fingers itched.  He could reach down and grab it if needed.  This wasn't a riot, but it looked like it could turn into one at any time.  There weren't any neat lines.  He stepped out and gave his best badass look to the crowd.

"Listen up! I've got room for three passengers into the city. One hundred dollars each. Cash only. Nonnegotiable. Women and families first."

Adam was a well built man, a little rough around the edges, in need of a haircut and a shave, but he looked like he means business and when he barked the crowd doesn't question. He asked for women and families because they had no business in this mess and they would be less trouble.

Premise

Three very different women arrive at Dallas-Ft. Worth airport.  Maybe they were returning home, maybe heading for a connected flight, maybe they were heading somewhere else entirely when the FAA grounded all flights.  They each have their own lives, their own history and their own problems and they're scared.  They're not in a foolish panic, just that anyone with common sense is frightened at the events happening.  Being a woman on her own in a crowd isn't such a safe place to be.  Men are angry. The security guards are prominent and visibly displaying their weapons. Men are pushing and shoving and angry. A fight breaks out between two men for apparently very little cause. The world is going to hell in a handbasket. Each of them just wants to get out of the airport, to her home, or a hotel, someplace more secure... and there aren't many taxis running.

Each of them quickly snatches up Adam's offer and he'll start driving them to their destinations and drive straight into one of the time warps where they will be sucked far into the distant past, about 50,000 years, to one of the interglacial periods between ice ages. All of the background is simply setup, background. The true story begins once they end up in the past. This story is NOT like the Lost TV show where there will be mysterious happenings. It is an Adam & Eve scenario... starting life over on a primitive world with next to nothing.  I intend for there to be elements of Robinson Crusoe and Swiss Family Robinson with the four of them carving some semblance of civilization out of the wilderness.  I certainly intend there to be smut as well somewhere along the line.  I'm also expecting some tensions with the gender imbalance.

I'll be playing the role of Adam.  I'm looking for three female characters.  They can be almost anyone from any walk of life, but I would prefer mundane characters, no FBI agents, assassins, etc.  I'm looking to tell the story of average people swept up in extraordinary events.  At least two of the female characters should be straight.  This is simply so there is tension in the story.  I don't want them to all just jump into bed and have sex together within the first page of posts.  It's OK if a female character starts off straight and changes her attitude over time, but having multiple bisexual female characters would defuse much of the tension in the scenario.  I do see the four of them eventually working things out and living together in an open relationship, but that should develop over time.

This game is intended for the Light section of the board.  I'm not planning any non-consensual or bondage elements.  Humans didn't even arrive in the North American continent until 12000 BC.  So while there are people elsewhere in the world, there won't be any rape by caveman scenes.

The game will be freeform, but certain applicable skills should be defined during character creation:

• Outdoor skills, could be love of camping, girl scouts, park ranger
  • Hunting skills, tracking
  • Fishing
  • Gardening / farming, including the ability to identify wild edible plants
  • Astronomy - not of general utility, but someone with knowledge of astronomy whether a professional or amateur stargazer could tell they were thousands of years from their time from a glance at the night sky.  By timing sunrise and sunset, they could also identify the season within a few days.  That knowledge would be very useful to survival.
  • Pottery, weaving, or other basic crafts that create usuable tools out of raw materials
  • Medical skills - I'd prefer a nurse or med student over a doctor.

It isn't a requirement to have any of the above skills, but I think the characters would be more balanced if each character brought some useful skill to the table.  That doesn't have to be limited to the skills I've listed above.  Taking Adam as an example, he has hunted to the extent that sitting in a deer blind and drinking beer can be considered hunting.  He knows how to field dress a deer and won't freak out at killing an animal for food, but he certainly cannot track.

thymoit

I've two interested parties for this and it will fly with one man + two women, but I think the character dynamics would be more interesting with one more player.  So still active and recruiting.

Seraph

I'm one of the interested parties. Hopefully we get what we need to give it a shot. I'm interested in this story and have plans to play a med student. Right now I'm considering playing the role of a straight woman who may or may not be a closet bisexual.

Criptika

This is really interesting. I like the idea.
I think I'd like to play a woman with pottery/crafting skills and is bisexual. I'd like her to know something of astronomy too, but I don't know enough personally about that to be able to portray it accurately Lol.

thymoit

Seraph and Criptika, thank you for your interest.  Both characters concepts need some fleshing out, but I do notice that you've claimed as your special knowledge areas.  I'd really like one more character.  Preferably a straight female with some knowledge of gardening or farming.  They can survive on hunting and gathering obviously edible plants, but someone who knows plant life would be a real plus for everyone to survive.

Why don't you two work on your backstory, who your characters are and what they were doing before the world fell apart, etc?

Kaisude

Do you have a male for this yet or are you still looking?

thymoit

Sorry Kaisude, I'll be playing Adam.

Kaisude

Angzyn

Name: Anico Ralohs
Nickname: None
Race: Human

Height: Five foot Four
Weight: 125lbs
Hair Color: Auburn Brown
Eye Color: Hazel Blue

Clothing: Army Camo Uniform
Items: Sea Bag with clothing and personal items.

Job: Army Boot (PVT Right out of Boot Camp)
Skills: Basic survival and farming skills. (Possibly some Hunting) 

Virgin: Non
Sexuality: Straight
Cup Size: Small C Cup

Personality: Quite, and thought to be somewhat shy. However, she can be rather cocky and will speak her mind if need be.
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Fresh Fruit
Favorite Drink: Water

Dislikes: Found out threw out the RP

Background: Anico grew up in a small town on a small farm a few miles outside of Dallas. Learning what her father and brothers taught her about farming and even some hunting, never really taking any of it to heart. Her dream, to go to collage...though with the economy in rough shape and little money for it Acino quickly joined the army after High School in hopes of bettering herself and one day going back to school. Being stationed at far from home, it was no wounder why Acino took one quick trip home before going overseas.
Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

mrsjaz

:-)Hi thymoit,

Interesting, I know it’s a bit cliché but I’ve been looking for a story like this and it should be good if it works, can I express an interest? I love gardening in RL and I have a good working knowledge of medicinal plants roots, herbs, fungi and trees, as well as the uses for many others things such as moss being used as an absorbent material, or resin for lighting /keeping fire going and that sort of thing. And I also used to live on farmland in Wales where I had a small-holding. I would like to give it a go with a CS, for your approval of course, if you are still recruiting?
"... And she looked at me with big brown eyes and said, you ain't seen nothin yet."
My ONs & OFFs
Oath of Drake
A/As and  My Status
My Stories/Ideas

thymoit

Maybe.  We have four players, but I think you would add to the game and I'll consider a fifth.  Although I want to talk with the current group.  Let's be sure we're on the same page first.  I just sent you a PM.

mrsjaz

Name mrsjaz

Helen Price

Personal Details

Sexual orientation: Straight but curious
Relationship status: Has a boyfriend called Robby who she loves a lot.

Physical Details

Height: 5’8
Weight: 146
Build: Athletic but feminine she’s quite strong.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Tattoo on her arm that says Rob :
Practical Details

Profession: Corporate Relations Manager.
Skills:  She is a good cook and loves outdoor living, she has a very practical nature. She is passionate about plants and how to grow them she has been into plants and flowers and nature since she was very young so is very skilled, but she still loves to get her hands dirty, she loves the feel of dirt, she is also not afraid of bugs.

Character Details

Hobbies:
Apart from horticulture her other biggest hobby is shopping for antiques especially old tools 
Likes: Nature, is her biggest, she likes old wooded furniture, likes travelling and has travelled to India and West Africa and some European cities, good food and wine.
Dislikes: Aggression or confrontation of any sort affect her natural disposition which is calm and mostly orderly, and she hates confusion. She’s not comfortable being out of her comfort zone but she does push herself to do the things she fears; travelling on her own she used to hate  but has overcome her dislike and now loves the challenge of it. She hates football and most sports but most of all boxing, she finds it brutal and dehumanising, Robby loves all sports.     

Character: She has a easy going character and can relax so much that she has  fallen asleep while watching a good film( much to rob’s annoyance) her favourite saying is “It’s not the end of the world is it” when faced with a problem. She will get mad though if pushed although it’s rare and she does not like to be upset.
She can be a bit solitary at times, but that is mostly when she has a lot on her mind., she is a bit of a follower but it doesn’t bother her, as long as she knows what she is doing then she is fine 

Background: She comes from a large family, many of her brothers and sisters have moved from England to live in other parts of the world that was how she ended up in America as her sister had married an American and she was the bridesmaid at her sisters wedding, she met Robby there  and they’d hit it off immediately and she knew then she would be back to be with him.
She did everything she could to secure her position in her present job, she was on secondment from her job as head of grounds maintenance for a big local authority in England and was now assisting an organisation the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical gardens in a new venture which she helped set up, where she was the link that would ensure funds kept coming in from all different countries. Part funded by her UK employees she manage to wrangle herself  into the right place and time when the position came up sshe fought like hell to secure the position persuading her employers in the UK to focus an Dallas as the right location.
Her mother had been happy to help with the cost and her stepfather also, although Helen and he did not get on, he still wrote the check for an amount Helen could hardly believe, and coupled with own her savings, she was able to secure good accommodation.
"... And she looked at me with big brown eyes and said, you ain't seen nothin yet."
My ONs & OFFs
Oath of Drake
A/As and  My Status
My Stories/Ideas

Seraph

A little late to the game with the character writeup. I never do these things unless forced, preferring to reveal things through story. So here are the basics.

Name: Heather Graff
Height: 5'6
Weight: 157lb
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Skin: Pale

Hometown: Arlington, Texas

Hobbies: Reading (Historical), Biking, Hiking, World of Warcraft
Skills: Fluent in English and Spanish, Good cook, Knows how to sew

Personality:
Virgo - She likes to do things right the first time. She is very critical of herself to the point where others might mistake it as low self esteem. Being a bit on the curvy side, she is happy with her body and her image. Heather is a very straight forward person. She will tell it like it is, and she respects those that do the same with her. For a redhead, Heather is pretty calm and collected, but that fire is easy to ignite.

Background: Born and raised in Arlington Texas, she has been attending Med school for some years now. Being a doctor is the one goal in life that Heather has that means the most to her. This has lead her to overlook some things in life like her best friend being in love with her. She missed out on a lot of parties and bonding with friends, and as a result, she doesn't have many girlfriends.