My Kingdom for a New Video Game!

Started by Inkidu, August 01, 2010, 02:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Actually I found Mass Effect 2 a lot deeper if you played it on the higher difficulty. When all the enemies start getting extra shields and armor and whatnot. You start paying very close attention to the construction of multiple teams.

I enjoyed Alan Wake and also thought the gameplay much deeper and challenging on the harder levels of difficulty.

I can't stand Alpha Protocol. I rented it and just thought the protagonist was so insipid and the gameplay so basically clunky that it became a chore to muscle through. Change the game or not. Developer's need to learn that if you're going to go ahead and keep a game. It's got to be better than what your originally scoped for it.

Okay so I've decided to make a list of criteria:

1. XBOX 360 and DS. That's what I've got.
2. No PC. just in case. I want to be able to get some money back if it turns out I don't like it.
3. No JRPGs. They're becoming like plain yogurt for my video gaming tastes.
4. In and around $20 American.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

I think the God of War series was released on XBox as well as Playstation.  Don't know if that's up your alley.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on August 08, 2010, 01:21:16 PM
I think the God of War series was released on XBox as well as Playstation.  Don't know if that's up your alley.
I don't think so, That one's first-party game from SCEA. They don't let those go often. I played and beat 1 and 2.

I know they released the two as one for PS3 but I don't think they did for Xbox.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Yeah, my mistake.  I thought I'd heard my roommate say she wanted an XBox because of God of War.  (This was before we discovered that the 'problem' with her PS2 was a $10 cable.)

Further research:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

I figure if you check off the ones you've played and the ones that you have no interest in, it'll give you something to look for in the bargain bins.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on August 08, 2010, 01:37:33 PM
Yeah, my mistake.  I thought I'd heard my roommate say she wanted an XBox because of God of War.  (This was before we discovered that the 'problem' with her PS2 was a $10 cable.)

Further research:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

I figure if you check off the ones you've played and the ones that you have no interest in, it'll give you something to look for in the bargain bins.
This is taking forever to go through and it's kind of not fair. They've go impending games on here too. "This looks cool, 2011? Aw...

Jude

On the downloadable front, I think Monday Night Combat is cool.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on August 13, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
This is taking forever to go through and it's kind of not fair. They've go impending games on here too. "This looks cool, 2011? Aw...

August always sucks for games...then fall and winter bend your wallet over the table and just RAM IT.