The Tiger General's Rebellion [OOC]

Started by Caeli, March 17, 2010, 05:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

General Wei, the infamous and coldly calculating Tiger General, points to the state of the Middle Kingdom and claims that the current Son of Heaven, Emperor Zhang, has lost the Mandate of Heaven. Entire companies in the military have joined his forces, certain that he will win and return order to China. The people who have suffered the most while drought and floods drag them farther into poverty have also joined him, believing that he will bring prosperity back to the Middle Kingdom.

Opinions in the Imperial Court vary. Some suggest a peaceful surrender and abdication in favor of General Wei; others have thrown their support behind the Emperor and call General Wei, previously a popular military figure, a traitor of the worst kind. Most of the Wei hardliners have long since abandoned their posts or were killed by the Wolves of the Wind to preserve order.

However, there are a few key individuals who have stayed behind, secret supporters of General Wei who plan to take matters into their own hands and speed up General Wei's claim to the throne.

Emperor of China, the Son of Heaven [NPC] - The Chinese emperor; has been poisoned by the royal twin who is secretly a Wei supporter. If the traitor prince(ss) is lynched, the loyal twin will gain immunity for one killing - i.e., if someone attempts to lynch him/her, (s)he will survive (by imperial decree); likewise, if the Wei assassins try to kill the loyal twin during the night, he/she will survive. This immunity lasts only once.

Wolves of the Wind [NPC] - Assassins who are loyal to one of the oldest advisors of the court. Shrouded in secrecy, it is this body who has been carrying out the assassinations of the Wei supporters and hardliners who still remained in the Imperial Court. Members of the Court themselves, they listen to gossip and dissent and kill those who are most highly suspected of being traitors.

General Wei, the Tiger General [NPC] - General Wei claims that the current emperor has lost the Mandate of Heaven. Determined not to let the people of the Middle Kingdom suffer any longer, he has started a rebellion that threatens to overturn the Zhang Dynasty. Most of his supporters have fled the Forbidden City (the imperial palace). Factions of the military have defected to General Wei, as have some of the poor who have been hardest hit by droughts and floods in their regions.

The Royal Twins - Incognito for their safety and to provide them both the chance to learn politics from the ground up. One is a loyal supporter of the Son of Heaven; the other has defected to the Wei camp.
  • Loyal Twin (1) - Once per game, the loyal twin can detect the guilt or innocence of one person that is about to be lynched. If the traitor twin is lynched, the loyal twin gains one immunity from a killing.
  • Traitor Twin (1) - One night per game, the traitor twin can spy out a single player's role during a night cycle, instead of attacking someone. During this night, the Wei spies cannot attack kill anyone.

Imperial Court (7) - They have the most to lose if the Wei faction succeeds in their coup d'état, for General Wei has made it clear that he intends to cleanse the entire upper ranks of the imperial hierarchy to regain Heaven's favor. The imperial court consists of influential concubines, as well as the wise advisors who run the bureaucratic workings of the country.
  • Special: Once per turn (day), the remaining members of the Court (including the Wei spies) can choose to lynch a suspected Wei spy from among themselves with a majority vote.
  • Goal: Root out the Wei supporters, and in doing so eliminate the last vestiges of Wei support within the Court.

Wei Spies (3) - There are a few Wei supporters still left in the Imperial Court, all of them skilled noblemen and titled officials who are not afraid to stain their swords with blood if it means cleansing the ranks of nobility and regaining the support of Heaven once again. Where they are, they can relay key information to General Wei, while cutting off the Emperor's support from underneath him.
  • Special: Once per turn (night), the Wei spies and the traitor twin can eliminate one member of the Imperial Court.
  • Goal: Kill all the key officials within the Court, including the Emperor and his most intelligent advisers.

The Dragon General (1) - A powerful military leader who is loyal to the Son of Heaven and directly opposes General Wei.
  • Special: The General can protect one other player from the Wei Spies once each night. He will never choose to protect himself because he is sworn to protect the weak. If the General is targeted by the Wei spies, s/he will die, but will also kill one attacker, chosen randomly, during the fight.

Minister of the Royal Archives (1) - The head of the royal archives is a low-paying but respectable position within the Court. He is relatively poor compared to the rest of the Court, but he is proud of his position and his knowledge.
  • Special: Once per night, this player can determine if a member of the Imperial Court is a Wei spy.

Minister of the Treasury (1) - The most respected and trusted member of the imperial bureaucracy is also the most feared, for it is this minister who may have the greatest amount of power in the Imperial Court.
  • Special: This player can determine the specific role of a member of the Imperial Court by bribing the emperor's favored concubine. Unlike the Minister of the Royal Archives, he can only do this once per game, as rumors of using imperial funds for his own ends could lead to his disgrace and beheading.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Caeli

Reminders
  • Deception, lying, and misleading is completely allowed in this game. Just remember that it isn't personal.
  • If you send a PM to anybody else in the game, you must CC me in the PM.
  • No information gathered outside of this game (PMs, IMs, etc.) may be quoted directly. However, you can repeat any information that you get in your own words as much as you like.
  • One 'turn' consists of a night (when the spies will choose one person to die) and a day (when players will argue and vote on one person to eliminate).
  • You cannot vote to eliminate yourself.
  • The Wei spies and traitor twin know who their comrades are, but nobody else in the Imperial Court knows who is who.
  • Unlike Val's other games, this game will not have a tiebreaking role. In the event of a tie, a re-vote for only those two players will happen. If there is still a tie, and nobody can be convinced to change their vote, the victim will be decided by a dice roll.
  • If you learn new information, are persuaded to switch, or receive a better bribe offer, you can change your vote until the last vote is tallied.

Players (15)

• aymelekT
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

Clothing

• Some examples of hanfu (Han Chinese clothing) can be found by watching [noembed]this clip from RED CLIFF[/noembed]. All three men are highly-respected advisers; the one in white is a military strategist, and the one in tan (playing the guqin) is also a military strategist and military general.
  • Most Han clothing is gender-neutral, the only difference being larger sleeves, such as worn by this female musician. Note that her outfit is a little more elaborate, and probably is not typical day wear (which is what actress Lin Chi-ling was wearing in the video above).
  • To get an idea of how else they might look, you can find more examples of female Han clothing and male Han clothing on this online shopping site for Chinese clothing.
  • No females existed in the government in any official capacity in ancient China. For the purposes of this game, they will. :-)

If you would like :)

The Chinese character for 'dragon'.
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63582.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/e7/RotTG_dragon.png[/img][/url]

The Chinese character for 'sword'.
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63582.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/1/1d/RotTG_sword.png[/img][/url]

To float the characters to the left or right of your signature, put one set of the appropriate tags at the beginning and end of the lines above.

[float=left]<codes from above here>[/float]
[float=right]<codes from above here>[/float]

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

Okay, set-up is complete. You are welcome to chatter. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Mithlomwen

*looks around and plops herself down on one of the ornate pieces of furniture* 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Caeli

* Caeli waves to Mith.

I'm excited. I've only ever run one of these in real life, so I'm interested to see how it's different over a forum. xD

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

*settles on the floor and sips her tea* I love all the neat info!

Very excited now!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Caeli

Thank you! :-) I can't wait until the game fills up and we can start.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,

Mithlomwen

Nice to meet you.  :-)  And yes...thank you Caeli.   :-*
Baby, it's all I know,

Caeli

Aww. ;) It's my pleasure, very much so.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

Quote from: Caeli on March 17, 2010, 05:39:08 PMPlayers (15)

• Valerian
  • Kurzyk
  • Saffron
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Imogen
  • LadySky
  • Xandi
  • Kyrsa
  • Mithlomwen
  • Iejir
  • Ryven
  • Stattick
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Remiel
  • aymelekT

I sent out a PM earlier today to confirm that those who had signed up in the interest thread were still interested. I'm going to wait about a day for responses to make sure that nobody is pulling out, but otherwise this is the final roster for TGR. ;D

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Blaed

ooo, i am number 13. its my lucky number!

And yes, thank you caeli!

LadySky

I'm adopting the role of court cocubine now!  ::)
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Ryven

Autumn52

This is going to be lots of fun I am so excited....Thanks Caeli....

Hello to all I am looking forward to finding all you traitors and disposing of you...HEHE!!!!!(of course I would never be a traitor or at least no one will know if I am... right!!!!!)

Looking forward to the role assignments....

YAYS !!!!!!!

Hugs to all
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Autumn Sativus

Hehe, it will be nice to participate in one of these!
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Imogen

**waves to fellow loyals and traitors** Hey guys!

This looks gorgeous, Caeli, i can't wait to play!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Quote from: Saffron on March 18, 2010, 02:05:08 AM
Hehe, it will be nice to participate in one of these!
Dittos!   ;D  The Imperial Court is lovely this time of year.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

Quote from: Caeli on March 17, 2010, 07:55:14 PM
I sent out a PM earlier today to confirm that those who had signed up in the interest thread were still interested. I'm going to wait about a day for responses to make sure that nobody is pulling out, but otherwise this is the final roster for TGR. ;D

I never pull out.  ;)
O/O   A/A

Beguile's Mistress

Hello, all.  I'm happy to be involved in this.  Of course, this is the first time for me so please be gentle.

I don't mind a nod, a nudge, a shove or even a poke if you think I need one. 

Stattick

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 18, 2010, 12:46:15 PM
Hello, all.  I'm happy to be involved in this.  Of course, this is the first time for me so please be gentle.

I don't mind a nod, a nudge, a shove or even a poke if you think I need one.

Ah, a virgin. Don't worry, we'll be gentle. *nods*
O/O   A/A

LadySky

*snickers and spews tea everywhere* Never pull out? Virgin? Ahhh yes, this shall be quite a lovely round!  ::)

Aiden

OHH man I a so sad I missed this game setting!

-follows game-

Kye

This is my first time as well.  I'm really excited, I can't wait for the assignments!   ;D

Stattick

Well, my mind resides in a place deeper and darker then a gutter. I just have to be careful to keep it clean enough so I don't get in trouble.  >:)
O/O   A/A