E running slow......

Started by Aemirys, January 11, 2012, 05:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Is anyone else still having problems with this or is it just me?

The past few days it's been taking me 20-30 seconds to load a page. :-\ It's only with E, I've noticed, so I don't think it's my connection.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

HockeyGod

Quote from: Saffron on January 22, 2012, 01:54:28 PM
Is anyone else still having problems with this or is it just me?

The past few days it's been taking me 20-30 seconds to load a page. :-\ It's only with E, I've noticed, so I don't think it's my connection.

Right now it's not so good for me. Taking a good 1-2 minutes to post in the intro board.

Kye

I've been having issues off and on, but I wasn't sure if it was E or my connection since I've spent a lot of time at the Coffee shop the last few days.

Zealously Jaded

It's been doing it to me today, only a few times.

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: alxnjsh on January 22, 2012, 01:55:38 PM
Right now it's not so good for me. Taking a good 1-2 minutes to post in the intro board.
It's about the same for me. I'm at a point where I'm giving up on trying since I have other things to be doing. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I could fix by toying with my settings or my router or something. :-\
Us against the world

Wistful Dream

Its taking longer to load pages, like long enough that I'll go do something else and come back. I haven't timed it but yeah.

Caeli

Marginally longer for some pages (and it's been on and off all morning), but not by a gross amount.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Amberghylles

I have had a couple of really slow loading moments today, but it has not been consistently slow for me.

Elandra

It has been consistently slow for me today, no matter what I am doing, posting, clicking on a profile or thread.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Beguile's Mistress

I frequently have lags but only on some pages and if I get impatient I can click the "Stop" icon and then reload.  It usually only takes a second or two after that.  Some days it doesn't happen at all.  I have noticed though that I could be on pages with a lot of data attached, like image threads and one or two Staff pages.

Izzie Aditi

No problems whatsoever, not when I browse E by phone either.. 8-)

Edit: ok, bit ironic that after I post a message here, I have to wait 5 minutes for a reply to a story to be posted :-\ Murphy's Law, anyone?
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Caeli

The slow loading times hasn't been related to page content for me - it took me around or over ten seconds to actually "get to" to the main forum page (same kind of lag happened when I tried to post here), though once it started loading, it went up very quickly.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Sure

I've been having problems with speed. And it isn't volume. It took about a minute to get to a four or five post new RP.

Haruki

Usually this place loads up very quickly over my 1.5Mbps DSL line.

Today, it's being very lazy.

Veks, get your server outta bed!  :P

I'm sure something's being worked on and things will be back to full-speed soon enough.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

jouzinka

I'd rather think that things are slow because Veks is working on the server.

Anyway, it is for me too, but seems and on/off thing. Twice I click and it's sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, then I click and things run smooth.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

LunarSage

It's abnormally slow for me as well.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Beguile's Mistress

It's gotten worse since my last post.  It seems every page is loading slowly now and PMs are slower than usual.

Qt

Yup, certainly something up. There are times where the pages just load fine. Then others where it takes ages. Other sites are fine so I'm sure it's just E.

Phoenixrisen

I've been having this same problem off and on all day to. I have to agree that the lag time when it's lagging is getting worse not better. It was barely noticeable this morning, but seems to be getting progressively worse. It's also only on E for me.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

undisclosedtoyou

I have to say that it's running slow for me to, especially when posting.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Beguile's Mistress

Just make sure you copy your post or have Lazarus app enabled in Firefox so you don't lose anything.  Along with lagging I've been having issues with the internet connection blinking and making things even more interesting. ::)

Caeli

If you have Chrome, Lazarus is also available as an app. 8-) It's a must-have!

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 22, 2012, 04:59:47 PM
Just make sure you copy your post or have Lazarus app enabled in Firefox so you don't lose anything.  Along with lagging I've been having issues with the internet connection blinking and making things even more interesting. ::)

Oh yeah, I'd be a mess without Lazarus!  I've already had to use it here today because of the lagging.

Quote from: Caeli on January 22, 2012, 05:10:06 PM
If you have Chrome, Lazarus is also available as an app. 8-) It's a must-have!

It's an app on firefox to isn't it?  I mean, that's how I use it.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Haruki

If I may ask, what is this Lazarus and where do I get it?

It sounds like it comes in handy for saving/caching what one types in forms in case the server lags or croaks.  Normally if you forward or back up or 'x' out of a page, all that 'temporary' content goes poof.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Autumn Sativus

You can get it in the App Store for Chrome or the Add Ons for Firefox. Just search for Lazarus.
Us against the world