Warhammer 40K: Wrath of Chaos

Started by Krayz, November 24, 2010, 02:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krayz

So, I'm about to actually buy my first set of Warhammer 40K miniatures, and I figure that the best way to celebrate is trying to set up one of the many cursed Warhammer 40K games here on E.

Well, the premise of this particular game would be an invasion by a force of Chaos Space Marines, led by yours truly, against an Imperial Hive World. The forces of the Imperium would, of course, sweep in to try and stem the evil tide. Much heresy and burning-of-heretics would ensue. Meanwhile, there'd also be room for many other races (Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, etc) to come in and add to the fun.

On the subject of 'fun', there's a LOT of room, just sticking with the Chaos invasion and any humans involved, you have the baseline; what kind of fun can a Chaos Marine have with an Imperial woman? Or Imperial Guard officers with the local population, or each other (equal opportunity in the Guard), or even the Sisters of Battle (even warrior-nuns need to get off every once in a while)? More than anything, you deal with a simple matter:

"In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war." And in war, things get ugly.

HairyHeretic

Hey, if you're playing a Slaaneshi marine, you can have fun with anything  ;D
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Krayz

'xactly. They're like concentrated hedonism and BDSM injected into Tasmanian devils xD

Krayz

Nothing?

I know these things have bad luck, but still...

Primarch

I'd be interested. Suggestion for you though, if you're going to offer a 40k game. Keep peoples options limited, that is too say, don't try offer too much. One faction for the players for instance, trying to let everyone play their favourite race/army sets up an extremely spread out game. As you have it, you running the Chaos attacking an Imperial World....I'd advise keep it limited to that. Perhaps allowing the Inqusition and maybe one Space Marine faction (I'd advise a popular one, Ultra Marines or Space Wolves for instance).

Krayz

I like the cut of your jib, son.

XD

So yeah, Chaos V Imperium. Work out the details later, but first lets get some more huzzahs!

ChaoticSky

Hello! not sure if you would welcome input or not... but im a helpful sort, so forgive me :P i shall share my observations that i have made over much playing and lurking on E and beyond, you may use them as you will.

i would like you to succeed in forging a 40k RP, however, the.... issue that i have seen with your post (and my supposed reason for the apparent lack of interest) is a lack of a certain.... precision of vision.
a few points to consider:
-40k is a deep, rich and complex setting, people who would be most interested by a 40k RP, also tend to prefer deep, rich, and complex roleplay. a weak plot will have more trouble drawing players than a precise one, your plot amounts to 'chaos is invading! .......... okay have fun!'. we 40k-people are often more picky than that XD.
-40k is not a setting for pussyfooting around, its appalling, brutal, violent, and riddled with insanity and darkness. 'Combative' role plays rely on recurring clashes between players, when it comes to 40k, this tends to end badly in one of three ways: A) somewhere between 'half' and 'all' of your players are dead by the end of the first 'phase' of the RP, this is the 'realistic' way, but reducing your players will naturally kill off your RP. B) if they are allows to remake new characters... over time those characters will become simpler and more 1 dimensional, as despair and lack of ideas begins to set in, which will kill your RP as sure as a anchor tied to your ankles in the middle of the pacific. C) if no-killing is in effect, the lack of death and true-violence creates a kind of... dissonance between what the player expects of 40k in general, and what they are getting from your RP, which will manifest as dissatisfaction, and also run your game into the ground.

-the most successful games plant all the players on one side, and provide a NPC faction to slaughter. You can see examples of semi-successful games Here and Here
-the Grim Dark Introduction to 40k is both awsome and iconic, and using some version of it would certainly help to drag people in, kicking and screaming if necessary.

For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth.
He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and ruler of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies.
He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology.
He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, that he may never truly die.
To live in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable.
This is a tale of those times.
It is a universe you can live in today – if you dare – for this is a dark and terrible era where you will find little comfort or hope.
If you want to take part in the adventure then prepare yourself now.
Forget the power of technology, science and common humanity.
Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for so much has been lost, never to be relearned.
There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...
For in the grim darkness of the future, there is only war!

need i say more? :P

-Final point, the Tau make the best enemy, since no one but traitors and heretics like them, and they squish most satisfactorily when you put a powerfist in their smug faces. *nods seriously*  :P

anyway, thats my 2c, i hope any of it is helpful!

Primarch

Quote"40k is not a setting for pussyfooting around, its appalling, brutal, violent, and riddled with insanity and darkness."

Very true. While I wouldn't suggest killing players as quickly as they do in say, the 40k novels. However their should be a risk of danger, perhaps in the form of risk to bodily parts. A character might not get to finish a mission because of an injury, might not get the chance to earn a cool piece of equipment.

HairyHeretic

I don't know about that. Characters in novels tend to live through things (sometimes only just) that they wouldn't if dice were involved ;)

In the novels a single space marine can and will tear through scores of ordinary humans. Nothing wrong in taking the cinematic approach where NPC redshirts are concerned. I believe there's a mechanic for that in Deathwatch, to let you mow down hordes of mooks as you go along.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Primarch

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 25, 2010, 06:05:10 PM
I don't know about that. Characters in novels tend to live through things (sometimes only just) that they wouldn't if dice were involved ;)

In the novels a single space marine can and will tear through scores of ordinary humans. Nothing wrong in taking the cinematic approach where NPC redshirts are concerned. I believe there's a mechanic for that in Deathwatch, to let you mow down hordes of mooks as you go along.

Yes but in this case we'll more then likely be playing humans and we'll be against Space Marines. <.<

Krayz

Hey Darkling, was wondering when you'd show up :P

In terms of detail, I've got a lot of it going in my head right now. I've just been holding off in case there's no interest for it. When I do these sorts of things, I figure out the geography, battlelines, headquarters. I even draw maps for them sometimes. If I need to in order to garnish interest, I can weave out the proper story, but I'd rather not until I know I'll have players.

As for the other issue, having an entire side of NPCs seems the best way to go about things. The only problem is that leaves only one side to choose from, and while I'd like to play Chaos myself, I would bet that most people would prefer the Imperium.

So, who'd like to play Imperium, and who'd like to play Chaos? Whichever gets more votes'll be the PC faction.

Primarch

QuoteSo, who'd like to play Imperium, and who'd like to play Chaos? Whichever gets more votes'll be the PC faction.

Depends on whats on the picking list of either side. What wargear we got access too, is Imperium just Imperial Guard and SOB or Inquisition & Space Marines?

Krayz

It's the whole gamut on either side:

Imperium would include the Imperial Guard, Inquisition, Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, and various other agents of the Imperium (Minstorum Priests, Assassins, etc).

Chaos, meanwhile, would include the standard Chaos Space Marines, but also the Lost and the Damned and Chaos Daemons, and anyone that could be reasonably believed to have turned to the worship of Chaos (fallen Inquisitors, traitor Assassins, the Dark Mechanicum, etc).

In terms of power and wargear, I'd like most characters to not rank higher than a field commander of some kind (Space Marine Captain/equivalent, Colonel/equivalent of an Imperial Guard regiment).

As for what forces would be involved, I'm incredibly hesitant to set in place a specific regiment/chapter/legion/etc. One of the things that *I* have loved the most about 40K is the room for creativity afforded by the sheer scope of the setting. The choice of colours, equipment and combat styles even between two different Space Marine Chapters is awe-inspiring. I'll likely set a sort of majority force that represents the standard of each group (most likely a large Cadian battlegroup in the centre of the IG force, one of the more well-known and mainstream Space Marine chapters), but I would leave room for players to command their own small detachment (a few Space Marine companies, an Imperial Guard regiment, Chaos warband, etc).

The biggest image I want to leave is that a character should be exceptional in whatever rank they are at, but I don't want them being Abaddon the Despoiler's chief rival, a new High Marshal of the Black Templars, or a Lord Solar of this big crusade.

Be impressive, but not legendary, and have your choice of wargear reflect that.

Hellion000

I want to play an Ork just so I can say 'Sod off' to anyone who wants to bone.

We all know da 'Boyz breed via spores.

Krayz

Unfortunately, da boyz're not an option :P

Thank God; I always dread someone wanting to get raped by an Ork. My canon-obsession makes it painful xD

Primarch

Okay so we got good options.....tough decision, but I'll put my vote down as Imperium.

Hellion000

Quote from: Krayz on November 25, 2010, 10:51:51 PM
Unfortunately, da boyz're not an option :P

Thank God; I always dread someone wanting to get raped by an Ork. My canon-obsession makes it painful xD

It sure would be funny though. Not to mention fun.

Gamemaster: "You wake up in the morning, what do you do?"

Chaos Marine: "I find skulls for the skull throne."
Space Marine: "I purge the xenos!"
Imperial: "I work like a slave in the name of the Emperor."
Eldar: *is hiding, so doesn't answer*
Hive Fleet: "I eat a planet."
Dark Eldar: *is hiding and eating someone, so doesn't answer*
Sister: "I purge the xenos and tighten my chastity belt."
Necrons: *is pretending to be dead, so don't answer*

and finally, we come to the 'boyz:

The 'Boyz: "WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

HairyHeretic

If you wanted an Ork game, I wonder if you could cut down GorkaMorka enough to run something on here.

GorkaMorka is basically Mad Max with Orks :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Kiric Rand

Well, if you still are trying, I'dthroy my hand in as a Slannesh marine, or even a Slannesh cultest trying to aspire to marine (which could be even more fun lol)
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Krayz

@Kiric: Becoming a Marine isn't a matter of pumping iron and getting a suit of armour. Your character would have to be quite young, but already 90% of the way along in becoming a full-fledged Marine. The Chaos Marines don't follow the same rigid schedules as their loyalist brethren, but your average Scout Marine is 15, and they've received every single implant available except the Black Carapace for interfacing with power armour. You either become a Space Marine as a kid, or you don't, and no amount of serving Slaanesh'd change that.

That being said, a Chaos cultist on the way to DAEMONHOOD...

And with all that said:

IMPERIUM 1

CHAOS 1

Kiric Rand

Oh I understand that becoming an actually marine is impossible for him (I am a formor 40K player. Emporor's Children no less) Doesn't mean he wouldn't try though lol.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Primarch

By the way, when the factions are decided and we're picking wargear, are we going with what they could take in the codex's or will be more of a "help yourself but use common sense" ?

Muse

*Sighs* 

Well, I was interested in what was originally described, and was going too offer to play a sister of battle for Krayz's horde's to ravish, corrupt, and generally have their way with. 

Now it just sounds like a free form version of Death Watch, and all I'm hearing about is character generation so I wonder why you're not just playing Death Watch? 

Maybe if I'd played some of these video games I would get it.  *shrugs* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Krayz

Mostly the second. Like, no IG commanders with Daemonhammers they took off an Inquisitor's corpse, for example. Plausible? Yes, but ridiculous.

A Radical Inquisitor with a Daemon Weapon? A little more believable, if incredibly nerve-wracking.

And the same goes for some other matters. If another faction has a kind of weapon you really like, and you could believably get your hands on one (a Tau Pulse Carbine from fighting in the Eastern Fringe, for example), then go for it. But, again, play with this loosely; no Commissars in hijacked XV8 Crisis Battlesuits.

As well, don't feel bad about playing around with ideas that aren't used very widely. For example, you could have an Imperial Guard commander who's a Blank/Pariah that slipped through the Necrons' and the Culexus Temple's nets. It would give him an edge if he ever came up against one of those pesky Sorcerers (realistically, an IG commander only gets by against his opposites by either relying on his troops rather than his own skills, or being SOMETHING out of the ordinary). I considered doing the same thing with an Inquisitor, using a Null Rod to represent it.

Then I decided that sanity is for the weak xD

QuoteSide Note

One thing I would actively recommend is taking standard wargear options and playing around with them to produce something that sounds cool and unique, but doesn't function differently from the norm.

Example: Take a Chaos Lord. Give him a pair of lightning claws, a Mark and Disc of Tzeentch, and a plasma pistol (ArmyBuilder program I got says this works, but I'm still new to the game, so I'm kind of iffy). So, you have a pretty cool Chaos Lord of Tzeentch; 5 attacks, 4+ Invulnerable Save, and he's Jump Infantry.

Say you want this dude to be a Warsmith of the Iron Warriors, worshippers of Chaos Undivided. Iron Warriors are known for their mechanical inclinations. The result? Your Warsmith enhanced/crafted a customized suit of power armour that has built-in boosters, increasing the speed of his movements (ergo, his attacks) and allows him to function as Jump Infantry. As well, his technical skill in working with the armour allowed him to build in a reflective field that increases his Invulnerable Save to 4+.

Now, the lightning claws and the plasma pistol. Nothing scary awesome needs to be done here. Simply have the palms of the lightning claws have built-in plasma casters (which function exactly like a plasma pistol, but look and sound MUCH cooler).

And voila, you have a Warsmith with some hardass sounding gear that functions EXACTLY like your Chaos Lord of Tzeentch. This way, you get a very customized commander that still doesn't outshine the pre-made commanders with their unique and special rules.

'Course, I figured out how to have fun with them while allowing you to make your own dude as well xD

Krayz

Well, because Deathwatch is about, well, the Deathwatch, for one >_>;

Don't have anyone to play with, for two.

Don't have Deathwatch, for three.

Please don't post just to say how disappointed you are, for four. We're trying to gather support here, and it doesn't help when someone comes in just to say how they don't like it. That being said, if you read my previous post, there's going to be more room to play around with than just the standard options of games like Deathwatch and Dark Heresy, ideally.

Urbanzorro

Hey all, I'm a little too busy to join in on this one. THOUGH I do want to wish this rp good luck!

Ok....so right as I was typing the above statement the Chaos in me came out. Is there an option to play a member of the forces of the Dark Gods?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 26, 2010, 03:01:43 PM
Hey all, I'm a little too busy to join in on this one. THOUGH I do want to wish this rp good luck!

Ok....so right as I was typing the above statement the Chaos in me came out. Is there an option to play a member of the forces of the Dark Gods?

We're currently in the voting process to decide that. The side that gets more votes will be played by the players, while the opposite side will be played/NPCed by the GM, Krayz.

I'd also like to say for Krayz's benefit, that while I voted Imperium, it was a 51% to 49% preference thing, and if it gets the game started faster Chaos is totally fine. :P

Hellion000

While I'm almost certainly not going to be playing (sex and Warhammer just do NOT mix in my mind), I absolutely wish this thread nothing but the best of luck and I'm entirely too egotistical to avoid putting in my two cents.

So, with that in mind:

If you're going to go for a codified and linear type rp, you're all but obligated to go with the Imps. Nothing says awesome fucking roleplaying like being the normal joes of the Warhammer 40K universe and getting to beat then rape the various breeds of Astartes and Xenos.

Just sayin'....

Krayz

Quote from: Primarch on November 26, 2010, 03:37:30 PM
I'd also like to say for Krayz's benefit, that while I voted Imperium, it was a 51% to 49% preference thing, and if it gets the game started faster Chaos is totally fine. :P

That makes me feel so much better xD

And on a counter note, my Chaos preference is not overwhelming either, though it's closer to 60-40 for me :P

And at the moment, Zorro, we have one vote for the Imperium, and none for Chaos (I'll only vote as a tie-breaker). So, if you want to see the hordes of Chaos descend upon an Imperial Hive Planet and sacrifice the weak loyalists to the Ruinous Powers, just throw a vote their way :D

@Hellion: If it helps, I hate RP-as-excuse-for-sex myself. But this does leave the option open, lol. I am sorry about the Orks not being an option, but I'm hoping for Chaos myself, and the Imperium is kinda the must-have faction =/ And as has been said above, more than two'll likely just get messy.

Muse

*clunks head* 

My apologies, Crayz.  I was trying to show some support for  your original idea, not drag people down. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Primarch

Thinking about it now....playing a campaign as a chaos marine trying to take a world from the Imperium, trying to break heavily entrenched positions, burning and killing what they throw at us, dealing with greater and greater agents of the Imperium could be awesome fun......but I love playing Inquisitor Lords and Grey Knights D:

can't make up mind >.<

Urbanzorro

Well if we play Imperial are we going to be space marines or can we be IG?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 26, 2010, 04:45:13 PM
Well if we play Imperial are we going to be space marines or can we be IG?

I believe its player choice of what you play, SM, IG, SOB, Inqusition etc etc.

ChaoticSky

while i am a loyalist at heart, i dont think ive ever actually *played* chaos in a RP. so there is interest there. i could go either way.... perhaps with a slight lean towards chaos, since we are actually considering it.

prim! play a radical inquisitor :P

Primarch

Quote from: Darkling on November 26, 2010, 05:36:50 PM
prim! play a radical inquisitor :P

Oh if I was playing Chaos I'd go with a Khornate Champion or something.

Krayz

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!

Ahahaha, Khornates.

And yes, Zorro, you could play the Guard, Space Marines, Inquisition and their Orders Militant, and pretty much anything you've ever heard of or read about.

'Course, same goes for Chaos.

Primarch

There seems to be a general consensus that either side could be fun to play, but in the interest of speeding up the starting process, would it be possible Krayz, to give us some details on set-up? So we can start preparing a character (I'd be happy to develop both an Imperial and Chaos character) for when the game does end? While we wait for more votes or something?

Krayz

Marius VII. Imperial Hive World. Located within the Romanov Sector of the Segmentum Obscurus, Marius VII lies slightly to the southeast of Cadia and the Eye of Terror. The Hive World began as a mining planet, but quickly developed, like many planets near the Cadian Gate, into a military outpost for fielding troops that would eventually serve in warding off the hordes of the Ruinous Powers. Marius VII was also distinguished by being the base of an Inquisitorial Conclave, assembled to aid in containing the powers of Chaos within the Eye of Terror. Marius VII was not a fortress as much as it was an assembly, where raw recruits might be delivered for training, and military materiel could be distributed.

Without warning, the skies rained fire upon Marius VII as a battlefleet of Chaos warships unleashed hell upon the unsuspecting planet. Following the apocalyptic bombardment came the minions of the Ruinous Powers; the Chaos Space Marines of the Iron Warriors Legion, superhuman warriors and fallen champions of the Imperium now sworn to its destruction; the endless hordes of traitor Guardsmen, mutants and heretics that are known as the Lost and the Damned; the incarnations of the will of the Dark Gods, the terrifying Daemons of Chaos. All these horrors descended upon Marius VII with an inhuman fury and perverse glee, slaughtering all that they could find. The Planetary Defence Force did they best they could, fortifying parts of the planet that could be easily defended, and evacuating what civilians they could into those areas, but most of the planet was consumed by the fires of Chaos in a matter of weeks, with the small strongholds bitterly holding on.

And then, hope descended upon the shattered world as the combined might of the Imperium descended upon Marius VII with a vengeance. The armoured might of several companies from the Imperial Fists Chapter of Space Marines, masters of siege warfare, led the way, followed by a Cadian Battlegroup consisting of the 257th, 132nd, 79th, and 49th Shock Trooper Regiments, as well as the 18th and 43rd Armoured Regiments and the 13th Heavy Tank Company. Several Inquisitor Lords, of both the Ordos Malleus and Hereticus, followed with their Chambers Militant, the Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle; the Daemonhunters led the battles against the the daemonic powers aiding the Ruinous Powers, while the Witch Hunters immediately began to purge any traitors they found.

As the combined might of the Emperor’s warriors descended upon the stricken Marius VII, their first priority was to aid the faltering PDF and strengthen the Imperium’s remaining strongholds on the planet. The first counterattacks shattered the momentum of the Chaos offensive, and the Imperium’s tenuous grip on the planet tightened. However, the Iron Warriors were the chief rivals of the Imperial Fists in the matters of siege warfare during the Great Crusade, and became their most bitter foes during the Horus Heresy. Both sides dug into the endless concrete of Marius VII, and a long, bitter war began as the many heroes and legions of both sides flocked to the standards of battle…

That there be the premise, essentially. I'll come up with some geography for it in a little bit, too :)

Major Major

"Glory for the First Man to Die! CHAAARGE!"

I'm in like Flynn!

One for the IG, reporting for duty, sah!

Primarch

I'll go write up a Inquisitor Lord ^.^ Ooh doing up wargear makes me understand why women love clothes shopping, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl. :P

I'll do a Chaos dude as well, but I don't have the latest codex, so it may be a bit out of date, but its not system so it'll just be a guideline anyway!

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Primarch on November 27, 2010, 04:56:59 PM
I'll do a Chaos dude as well, but I don't have the latest codex, so it may be a bit out of date, but its not system so it'll just be a guideline anyway!

The current renegades codex is not a patch on the previous one. Trust me, you're not missing anything there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Primarch

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 27, 2010, 05:19:35 PM
The current renegades codex is not a patch on the previous one. Trust me, you're not missing anything there.

Yes <.< I'm aware. For shame.

Primarch

I know we're not actually putting in characters yet, but I love creating 40k characters so. :P So this is my outline, which if we go with Imperial, I shall develop further. Once I find my Chaos codex I'll start that :D

~~~~~
Name: Inquisitor Lord Crixus Deloeos.
Faction: Daemonhunters/Inqusition
Appearance: At first glance one might not expect Crixus Deloeos to be a lethal Daemonhunter, despite the best efforts of the Inqusitions ability to prolong life and slow down the aging process, he still looks like a man in his late sixties with a stern face, long white hair with a slightly greying tint, his face is somewhat stylized by his facial hair, which comes down the sides and up over his mouth. His eyes are a calm grey and should one shave his head they can see evidence of surgical implants (which among other things have aided prolong his life by hundreds of years). Outside of his armour he actually looks quite thin, having very little bulk (although he is quite toned and in excellent physical condition). He is usually seen wearing very ornate apparel, usually black and gold, with his Inqusitorial Rosetta pinned to his chest. One might actually think he is perhaps an aged Imperial Admiral by the way he carries himself, his stance is confident, powerful, when he walks its with purpose, when he makes an order he expects it to be followed.

Equipment: Terminator Armour, Master Crafted Anointed Daemonhammer (yeah that's right I did it!), Master Crafted Storm Bolter, Emperor's Tarot, Psychic Hood, Bionics, Auspex, Targetor.
Psyker Powers: Hammer Hand, Sanctuary.

ChaoticSky

i refuse to consider characters until i get a final word on whether we be Imperial or Chaos :P

Urbanzorro

I've got a few ideas for a Chaos character, as well as some Imperial ones. I'll be voting for Chaos though.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Krayz

So, unless Hairy slipped a vote in without me noticing, we're at

IMPERIUM 2 (Primarch, Major Major)

CHAOS 1 (UrbanZorro)

Darkling, vote please :P

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Krayz on November 27, 2010, 09:20:49 PM
So, unless Hairy slipped a vote in without me noticing, we're at

IMPERIUM 2 (Primarch, Major Major)

CHAOS 1 (UrbanZorro)

Darkling, vote please :P

D: lies and slander! i did too!
Quotewhile i am a loyalist at heart, i dont think ive ever actually *played* chaos in a RP. so there is interest there. i could go either way.... perhaps with a slight lean towards chaos, since we are actually considering it.
so Chaos.

though i want nothing to do with the Iron Warriors... im sure i can work around it.

Urbanzorro

So....we have a tie?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Krayz

@Darkling: Sowwy 'bout that. You didn't really seem all that sure of yourself.

Quote from: Krayz on November 27, 2010, 04:08:29 PM
Both sides dug into the endless concrete of Marius VII, and a long, bitter war began as the many heroes and legions of both sides flocked to the standards of battle…

You can do just about whatever the hell you want, Darkling. The Iron Warriors are the mainstay Chaos Marines, but there's room for individual warbands from different legions, or a traitor Imperial Guard regiment instead, or a fallen Inquisitor. Or even a Daemon.

^_^

@Urbanzorro: I'll give it a couple days, and if it remains a tie, I'll cast my vote for Chaos.

HairyHeretic

Hairy is behind on the games he does have, and really shouldn't be starting new ones  :P

Hairy also can't resist at least talking 40k  ;D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hellion000

Quote from: Krayz on November 28, 2010, 03:06:43 AM
@Darkling: Sowwy 'bout that. You didn't really seem all that sure of yourself.

You can do just about whatever the hell you want, Darkling. The Iron Warriors are the mainstay Chaos Marines, but there's room for individual warbands from different legions, or a traitor Imperial Guard regiment instead, or a fallen Inquisitor. Or even a Daemon.

^_^

@Urbanzorro: I'll give it a couple days, and if it remains a tie, I'll cast my vote for Chaos.

*sneaks in*

Word Bearers Legion under Eliphas the Inheritor!

*sneaks back out again*

Primarch

Quote from: Hellion000 on November 28, 2010, 08:58:41 AM
Word Bearers Legion under Eliphas the Inheritor!

Is that a vote or just expressing general allegiance? :P

Hellion000

Primarch,

I can't devote time to another group rp, and (as I've said before) I don't think sex and Warhammer 40K will go together well. But, I can't stay out of a thread filled with this much awesome. All in all, it's a general notation of favorites. I'm more into the computer games than the strategy game (due to time and money), but from what I've read on various Wikis, the Word Bearer Legion is my fave. And, they've got an awesome color scheme going.

If I had to pick a favorite though, over all, it would be having people all play servants to the Machine Cult. (Who cares if it's actually the Ebon Dragon? Tech Priests are fuckin' awesome!)

Primarch

I agree that sex and warhammer 40k don't mix (bar when Slaneesh is involved, and probably the Dark Eldar) but yeah, I have no intention of my character trying to sex up some fine ass. I'm in this for action!

HairyHeretic

Can't stand the Word Bearers myself :)

My favourite Legion are probably the Night Lords.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

haha! *high5s* Night Lords are awsome.

but you are all speaking of three sides of the same coin. Iron Warriors, Word Bearers and Night Lords. i would certainly protest dubbing the Iron Warriors as a 'minstay' that title would probably go better with the Black Legion, or Word Bearers. the Iron Warriors only claim to mainstream is that McNeil seems fond of them :P and given honsou's hated of the Ultramarines, many codex-centric players might assume they are a main chaos force.

to elaborate, allow me to compare and contrast those three.

These three Legions (Iron Warriors, Word Bearers and Night Lords) all serve Chaos Undivided. they all have individual members that fall to one god in particular, and these individuals are looked down upon. they are all evil. this gives them a some what better baseline for comparison than those who serve one god in particular (since they are heavily skewed in whatever direction their dark lord fancies).
Of those three, only the Word Bearers are truly servants of Chaos Undivided, they are pious, and work for the glory of Chaos, lead by uber chaplain-sorcerers, they, in my mind atleased, are the 'ideal' chaos marine legion. unless you are deeply familiar with the innerworkings of one specific legion, when someone says 'Traitor Legion', the image that comes to mind is far closer to the WB than the IW or NL.
The Iron Warriors always struck me as merely giving lip service to Undivided for the perks, and a excuse to be assholes, nowhere, in any story, piece of literature, scenario.... *anything*, have i ever found a example of the IW serving chaos for Chaos's sake, they are not pious..... they are greedy, they serve themselves, they offer glory to chaos in exchange for personal favour, not out of any kind of religious obligation.
For a third point of contrast, the Night Lords are even *less* 'chaos'y than the IW are. they dont even serve chaos per-sey, they might be better described as Chaos-Aligned Rogue Marines, than Chaos Marines. there has been significant degeneration of their ideals over the 10k years since the Heresy, but fundamentally, they feel that the Imperium is a injust society that must be torn down so that a just human empire can be forged (make no mistake here, they are capital-E Evil and specialise in terror tactics, scaled up to the point that they once scared a entire planet to death, but they are very definitely Lawful Evil, their Primarch Cruz, had a alter ego as the Night Haunter... 40k batman, and nothing more need be explained :P ) and see Chaos as the only means to achieve that end... if you are familiar with the factions of the Inquisition, they akin to the Xanthites in their thinking, Chaos is a tool. they however plan to use it to tear down the corrupt Imperium. (the more chaos-corrupted sects of the Legion may cross more into IW-style thinking though, ive never even heard them really even praise chaos with much enthusiasm)

Hellion000

The Word Bearers (to me) are the least stereotypical. That's a big part of my liking. Plus, the Blood Ravens are (allegedly) the loyalist faction of the WB's, so that's cool too.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Hellion000 on November 28, 2010, 11:33:54 AM
The Word Bearers (to me) are the least stereotypical. That's a big part of my liking. Plus, the Blood Ravens are (allegedly) the loyalist faction of the WB's, so that's cool too.
where did you hear that o_O? ive always prescribed to the theory that they were founded by Dark Angel Fallen. Knowlege is Power, Guard it well. is a DA catechism. the blood angles-like theme of the chapter is cover :P. and after all, if the DA ever found out, they would be smashed into oblivion, hense the secrecy. and that they were founded by Fallen would also explain their supposed kinship with traitors.

but please, explain, ive seen nothing to suggest such a link to the WBs... so i am curious!

HairyHeretic

Maybe we should split this off into a general 40k discussion, rather than derail Krayz game thread further than we already have? :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

mhm, sorry, im somewhat easily excitable when it comes to 40k XD

hellion, pm that answer to me!

*ahem* anyway.... for the emperor!/down with the corpse god!

Urbanzorro

Lol, on the subject of this game I actually find myself creating a few too many character ideas lol. I've got everything from chaos marines, to Imperial penal legionnaires running through my head

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Krayz

*ahem* Thanks for getting things back on track, Hairy.

And PLEASE, link me to this discussion thread :D

@Darkling: when I described the Iron Warriors as the mainstay, I didn't mean in general; the Black Legion is definitely the Ultramarines of Chaos. I chose the Iron Warriors because they're MY preferred Legion of Chaos, as well as 'worshippers' of Chaos Undivided.

Keala Mensha Khaine

Ohh...Warhammer...sooo tempting >.>

Problem I usually have...is that mixing SM with IG and Inquisitors usually just makes it seem like a forced mash-up though. Also...balance speaking, it just doesn't seem plausible. Assassins, Inquisitors and psykers would be the only ones who would stand a chance against any space marine without having to be very lucky. Otherwise...the IG usually relies on lots of shooty and tanks to even out the odds. Just would be better in my opinion to make either all SM or all Guardsmen if going to be on Imperial side. Not to mention, helps the story move a long with more direction if we have a basic "Games Master" playing as a commanding officer that kind of 'directs' the action more to a certain path instead of having everyone run around aimlessly without no clear direction. That was one of the problems I saw in other games myself.

So, my suggestion would be to just have one person have a general idea of what is going to happen and play a commanding officer and 'direct' the players to certain areas so the story will move along and not be too muddled/stagnant. If such is the case...i would be very much more interested in joining! 

Krayz

Well, the SM, IG and Inquisition are all working together, so it's not like an IG player will have to fight a Space Marine player. As for *why* they're working together, it comes down to the fact that the planet is an important staging point for defence of the Cadian Gate, as well as a fortress of the Inquisition. Taking it back is a high priority. So, faced with such a powerful incursion by the forces of Chaos (we're talking all-out Daemonic invasion, as well as the Chaos Space Marines and other heretics), it makes sense that more than just the Guard or the Marines would be sent in.

And as for your issue of a Game Master, Khaine, that would be yours truly. Players can work as battlefield commanders, even coming up with a story for their own regiment/chapter/warband/etc, but the high command of either side will be in my hands; I'll be playing the Space Marine Force Commander, the Imperial Guard General, the leading Inquisitor Lord, etc. I'll be playing the Daemon Prince commanding the forces of Chaos. Player commanders would be handling the battles, but those battles would be the ones that *I* put them in.

And I can see how tempting it would be for you, since you're named for the Eldar God of Murder and War, Khaela Mensha Khaine the Bloody-Handed.

:D

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Keala Mensha Khaine

Khaine is a beast!

But...I guess it should hopefully work out. Just like I said, sometimes it seems kinda odd having 2 or 3 Space Marines mixed in with an Inquisitor and 1 Imperial Guard, and maybe an assassin. If all were SM working with an Inquisitor, or all assassins or guardsmen, it would seem like it would have a better flow to me and make more sense cannon-wise. Obviously though, if the 'battles' were run with them not fighting as a single unit, but rather members of separate units, it makes more sense. Space Marines probably wouldn't even bother talking much with a rank & file guardsman much outside of a few lines...higher up in command yes, but foot sloggers?  ???

Either way, I vote for Imperials...despite my love of Chaos (especially Khorne!) Just the appeal of playing a lowly human in the 40k universe has a grand appeal to me!

Oh...and if we happen to have the Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader books, should we go off those for character creation or is there another method you would think best?

ChaoticSky

im pretty sure for creation we are simply using common sense... but if you want to use a RP corebook/suppliment or codex to iron out fine details, thats fine as well.

Primarch

Urbanzorro

Is anyone else going to vote? I mean....I think that's everyone isn't it?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Hart

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 30, 2010, 09:23:02 PM
Is anyone else going to vote? I mean....I think that's everyone isn't it?

Except me!

Late arrival thinking of *ahem* 'signing up for duty'..

I know the whole premise and basics of 40k.. Just hoping it won't get bogged down in detailed backstories and canon?

By the way what sort of character spread have we got going so far?

Urbanzorro

Well right now as far as I know we are deciding which side (imperial or chaos) to play as after that we can pretty much be any non-cannon/crazy powerful character associated with said side.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ChaoticSky

also:
A) whats wrong with detailed backstories? D: thats just a part of quality character creation!
B) 'canon' in terms of 'what happened in what order' i dont think will be a problem, the galaxy is a big place, and unless our (not so) benign overlord wishes to nail these events with a exact date... its safe to assume they would happen.... whenever they happened. Canon in terms of 'what fits in the setting' i certainly hope will not be ignored, its not really 40k otherwise...

Urbanzorro

Good points Darkling.

Just for the record my mention of 'non-cannon' covers the whole "Don't pick Abadon the Despoiler" aspect of the game ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Keala Mensha Khaine

I'd give my life for the Empire if that's what is asked Sir!

Just wanted to state my support for the Imperium of Man! They need our help!

Krayz

Sorry everyone, kinda a busy week for school, so I haven't been able to really keep the momentum rolling.

From the looks of things, it seems to me that we will be playing the Imperium, which is probably for the best (easiest to relate to, and likely the easiest to have variety with).

So, options for characters are essentially the Imperial Guard, the Space Marines, or the Inquisition and their Chambers Militant.

Players looking to play the "standard" force will be making either an Imperial Fist Space Marine or a Cadian Guardsman. I personally will be playing a Lord Commissar sent to oversee the Cadian Battlegroup.

Primarch

Quote from: Krayz on December 01, 2010, 11:30:53 AM
Players looking to play the "standard" force will be making either an Imperial Fist Space Marine or a Cadian Guardsman. I personally will be playing a Lord Commissar sent to oversee the Cadian Battlegroup.

Is the concept I posted a while back alright?

Urbanzorro

Well then time to get to work on some weakling followers of the corpsgod ;D

(Still can't wait to start!)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Krayz

Yeah, that's perfectly all right, Primarch. The Fists and Cadians are just for people that don't want to come up with their own chapter/regiment/unique idea.

Major Major

Well, I had given thought to playing either an IG officer or a commissar, who had gotten seperated from his unit during the mayhem of  the original attack.

rancorius

Krayz

All right, here's a basic character sheet for everyone to work with. If you want to change or add things, please do. Just don't provide *less* information than this:

[b]Name:[/b] Have fun with this.
[b]Gender:[/b] Kind of obvious. An important reminder is that the genetic modifications used to make Space Marines are male-only.
[b]Species:[/b] While everyone's going to be human technically, list species as Space Marine if you're playing one.

[b]Biography:[/b] As much or little history as you want to give us.
[b]Appearance:[/b] A picture or a paragraph will do.

[b]Wargear:[/b] Describe everything; armour, weapons, other equipment, even random curios.

Primarch

Whats the chances of a second character? I might be interested in taking either your totally standard if blessed by the Emperor Imperial Guardsman....or a Dreadnaught XD

Kevben Battleheart

Is it too late for me to toss my hat into this ring?
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Urbanzorro

Here's my outline. I haven't finished his bio yet, but I'd love to hear what everyone thinks so far ;D

Name: Leto Morrini
Species: Human

Biography: As much or little history as you want to give us.

Appearance:

Wargear:

Plasma Pistol: Smaller version of the Plasma Gun. They are rare and powerful offering a penetrating capacity unique among broadly distributed pistol-sized weapons that can easily take out heavily armored enemies.

Power Maul: A baton surrounded by a power field, the power maul has a hidden subtlety; the power field setting can be extensively adjusted so that its disruption effect can vary from bashing a hole through a wall, to delivering a sudden knock-out blow to an individual.

Antique Pistol(Pictured on waistband): A near ancient relic of the Gilboan 55th, this pistol is an ornate heirloom passed down by every commander of the 55th to his/her successor since the regiment's original founding. The words aut viam inveniam aut faciam * are  engraved on the weapon's barrel.

• Digital Weapon: Leto's antique pistol hides a secret unknown to all but those who have possessed it. While five of it's six chambers are in fact loaded the ancient slugs for which it was originally designed, the 6th chamber is loaded with an inferno pistol digital weapon which has been designed to fire without damaging the antique pistol. Needless to say this weapon is intended as a last resort should the commander of the 55th ever find themselves in dire straights.

Carapace Armor: Carapace armor is stronger and thicker than Flak armor, and it gives the wearer more likelihood of surviving a direct impact with standard small-arms rounds The carapace breastplate worn by Guard officers is as much a symbol of rank as armor

Grav Chute A pack-sized suspensor allowing troops to float safely to the ground from any height. It operates via suspensor fields that counter gravity and two small jets on either side of the shoulders that offer further braking of descent. It is used to drop troops onto a battlefield from any height, either from low-flying aircraft or from the upper atmosphere.

Servo Skull: Drone-like devices fashioned from human skulls - often those of pious Imperial servants, low ranking tech-adepts, or loyal adepts of the Adeptus Terra and then given a rudimentary Machine spirit, support systems, and anti-gravity engine to allow them to hover and drift bodiless through the air.

• Skull 1: Equipped with a loudhailer and a locator beacon this servo skull stays as close as possible to Leto in order to allow his words to be broadcaster at a high volume when necessary as well as to allow other Imperial forces to ascertain his location.
  • Skull 2: The second skull is equipped with an Auspexe, and needler to allow Leto to scan and potentially eliminate those he meets without any sign that he is doing so, or where the potential attack came from.

Bionics: Though only one is outwardly visible Leto sports more than one bionic enhancement.

• Bionic Arm: Leto's rank has allowed him to obtain a high-end bionic replacement for his right arm which he lost several years ago. It is both stronger and tougher than the limb it has replaced ever was
  • Wireless MIU: Built into Leto's body, the wireless MIU allows him to control and communicate with his sevo skulls without the need to talk to or physically manipulate them.
  • Targeters: Built into Leto's eyes they aid him in finding the range of, and accurately shooting his targets.

Order of Ollanius Pius(Pictured): Ollanius Pius was the lone Man who stood in front of Warmaster Horus, sacrificing his life for the Emperor. His saint-like image is usually on Imperial Guard banners, and this medal is the highest honour a mortal man can earn in the service of the Imperium
  • Refractor field: A refractor field generator is a small device which projects a protective energy field around the user. Its effect is to disperse the energy of an incoming shot or blow over the total area of the field. The field, although less reliable than that of a rosarius, can stop even the powerful projectiles such as lascannon and plasma hits. Leto's refractor field is built into his Order of Ollanius Pius medal.

Command Squad : A Command Squad is made up of the most experienced members of the regiment, tasked to perform bodyguard or specialist roles, they can also can also carry heavier weapons and will have received additional training, allowing them to perform vital roles.

• Bishop Vaun : As the highest ranking Ministorum Official assigned to the 55th, Bishop Vaun serves as Colonel Leto's adviser on all maters pertaining to the Imperial faith, oversees the actions of the other Ministorum Officials assigned to the 55th, and accompanies Colonel Leto into battle.

• Equipment:
      Eviscrator: A massive two-handed chainsword capable of inflicting horrific damage on living creatures and vehicles alike.
      Rosarius: A badge of faith incorporating a powerful conversion field that protects its wearer(and only it's wearer) from harm. 

• Sanctioned Psyker: Colonel Leto keeps a Sanctioned Psyker in his command squad at all times due to the psykers abilities to aid him in his decisions by predicting or sensing enemy movements, and to aid more directly in combat, by using psychic powers to attack the enemy and defend the command squad.

• Equipment:
      Flak Armor:  Flak armour consists of multiple layers of different ablative and impact absorbent materials designed primarily to deflect or absorb the majority of the force from a shot or blow. It is meant to provide defence against low-velocity, dispersed damage, such as explosions, shrapnel and ricochet material, rather than to protect against a direct impact, in which case the armour's protection is almost negligible.
      Laspistol: The laspistol is a smaller, more compact, pistol-version of the lasgun. They are the default firearms of Imperial officersA laspistol does not have anywhere near the range of the lasgun, as the power of the las-bolt dissipates into the atmosphere after only a short distance. However, within its limited range, it has the same result as a lasgun, upon contact with a target. The laspistol lacks the lasgun's selective fire options, having only the ability to fire single shots.
      Force Weapon: Advanced, psychically-attuned close combat weapons that are only effective in the hands of a psyker. Force weapons effectively act as deadly, psychic extensions of the wielder's own powers. They are designed to allow a psyker to channel deadly warp energies into their victim, acting as a conduit between the wielder's mind and the flesh of his target.

• Abilities:
      Psychic ward: Allows the Psyker to block enemy psychic attacks
      Machine curse: Harms enemy vehicles with psychic power
      Lightning arc: Launches lightning at nearby enemies.

• Regimental Commissar Corbin Rod : A veteran warrior, Commissar Rod's first assignment from Commissariat was to serve in the 55th, from that point on he has never left it's side no matter what battlefield it find itself in. After years of service he is now the Regimental Commissar tasked with overseeing the moral of the entire 55th. As well as advising Colonel Leto on issues dealing with moral, propaganda,  and strategy. 

• Equipment
      Carapace Armor: Carapace armor is stronger and thicker than Flak armor, and it gives the wearer more likelihood of surviving a direct impact with standard small-arms rounds The carapace breastplate worn by Guard officers is as much a symbol of rank as armor
      Bolt Pistol: A bolt pistol is a smaller version of the boltgun in standard use by the Space Marines the bolt pistol is favored over the laspistol due to its improved killing ability bolt pistols used by the Imperial Guard are smaller than the Astartes models.
      Power Sword: An advanced hand-to-hand combat weapon. When activated the blade of the weapon becomes sheathed in a field of energy which disrupts solid matter, allowing the weapon to easily tear through armor, including even Terminator Armour.
      Refractor Field: A refractor field generator is a small device which projects a protective energy field around the user. Its effect is to disperse the energy of an incoming shot or blow over the total area of the field. The field, although less reliable than that of a rosarius, can stop even the powerful projectiles such as lascannon and plasma hits.

• Vox Operator:  The bearer of a Vox-caster, the vox-operator receives specialist training in the utilization of Guard communications equipment and often acts as an aide or adjutant to an officer.

• Equipment
      Master-Vox: An upgraded version of a vox-caster. The master-vox allows it's user to efficiently send and receive several vox communications at once.
      Shotgun: A projectile weapon firing a large, solid slug or a dispersed fragment shot. It is not highly accurate but it is easier to fire from the hip than the Lasgun.
      Flak Armor: Flak armour consists of multiple layers of different ablative and impact absorbent materials designed primarily to deflect or absorb the majority of the force from a shot or blow. It is meant to provide defence against low-velocity, dispersed damage, such as explosions, shrapnel and ricochet material, rather than to protect against a direct impact, in which case the armour's protection is almost negligible. 
    • Abilities:
      Send in the next wave!: At the Colonel's command the Vox-man calls for re-enforcements.
      Where's that artillery?!?: A call is made to the regiment's artillery support.
      Tanks! We need bloody tanks!: Requests for armor support are sent to HQ
      Requesting Transport: When rapid movement of The Colonel is needed a call for transportation is made

• Two Obsidian Shields:  Leto is always accompanied by at least two Obsidian Shields, elite guardsmen from the planet Yuktobonia they serve as his bodyguards. 

•   Equipment: Obsidian Shields are some of the most disciplined Guardsmen in the entire Imperium, selected only from Yuktobonia's finest stormtroopers each one is
      equipped with full body carapace armor, a Yuktobonia pattern Hotshot Lasgun, and suppression shield
    • Abilities:
      Look Out!..... Arghh!: Every last Obsidian Shield is unfailingly loyal and willing to sacrifice their life for The Colonel.  So long as even one Obsidian Shield is alive they will do everything in their power to protect the Colonel, including stepping into the line of fire to act as his human shields. 
Abilities:

Fire On my Target! Colonel Leto instructs his entire command squad to engage his target

Grav Chute Insertion Before he became a Colonel, Leto was a fully trained storm trooper. As such he is fully capable of participating in his favored tactic. Airborne assaults.

Everyone Jumps Leto firmly believes that his officers should expect nothing from their troops that they would not expect of themselves, and that the best place to lead is at the front. As such he requires all members of his command squad to be proficient in the use of grav-chutes so that they may accompany him on combat drops.

*"I shall either find or make a way"

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

I sense..... opportunity..... Are tanks allowed?  XD *innocent smile*

A little busy with work right now, so I'll only be able to post around Christmas time. In the meantime, I'll give this a watch.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Primarch

Name: Inquisitor Lord Crixus Deloeos
Species: Human

Biography:
Famed Inquisitor Lord of the sector, Crixus Deloeos has been a loyal servant of the Imperium for well over a hundred years, his life extended as much as possible by the finest implants and medical practices the Imperium & Inquisition has to offer. His most famous moment was the purging of Skalatrax when he, having taken command of the daemon infestation, ordered several high ranking imperial citizens including the planetary Governor himself to lead the charge to battle the daemon as he blamed their lack of action for allowing the problem to get out of hand. The battle was lost, and Crixus soon gave the order for the world to be leveled. As far as Inquisitors go, Crixus is an agreeable sort. He does not enforce his authority if a worlds gather defensive force is dealing with the problem in a sensible manner, but it is known that should the defenders appear to be lacking, he will take command and see to it that those who were doing a bad job suffer for it.

Appearance:

Wargear: Terminator Armour, Master Crafted Anointed Daemonhammer (yeah that's right I did it!), Master Crafted Storm Bolter, Emperor's Tarot, Psychic Hood, Bionics, Auspex, Targetor. Hammer Hand, Sanctuary

Retinue:

Familiar: Psyber Eagle
Equipped with a close combat weapons (claws & beak)
Special: Grants Crixus a bonus psychic power

Hierophant: Exorcist:
Equipped: Las Pistol & Close Combat Weapon
Special: Increases Crixus's leadership, nearby Daemons at minus leadership, approaching daemons move as if in difficult ground

Acolyte: Explicator
Equipped: Power Armour, Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades
Special: Will take wounds for Crixus

Warrior: Imperial Guard Veteran
Equipped: Grenade Launcher, targeter, frag & krak genades
Special: Grants Crixus bonus weapon skill

Sage: Autosavant
Equipped: Laspistol & Close Combat Weapon
Special: Grants Crixus bonus ballistic skill

Mystic: Warp-Seer
Equipped: Laspistol & Close combat weapon
Special: Daemons or Greater Daemons deep striking near Crixus must take a "free" attack from Crixus and his retinue.

Kevben Battleheart

Name: Amrath Frostblood

Species: Space Marine

Chapter: Space Wolves

Position: Long Fang (Devastator)

Biography: Amrath’s history first begins with his tribe the Storm Raptors. The men of his tribe were all out hunting sea dragons, to keep the population from getting too big, when their island came under attack by a rival tribe seeking a new home. The rival tribe quickly slaughtered the men still on the island, both young and old, and took the woman as their own. Amrath’s tribe had returned after a few hours of hunting, losing about four dragon hide ships while they were out, only to find their home taken over by the rival tribe. The Storm Raptor tribe quickly landed their boats on the beach and charged at the invading tribe. As the battle had just begun with the two tribes just starting to fight a thunderhawk gunship, with the colors and markings of the Space Wolves, and landed near the Chief’s hut and out came three marines, two grey hunters and a wolf priest. At the sight of the ship the two tribes stared at the emerging marines, believing them to be the ones who chooses who will go on and who will stay. The wolf priest waved his hand at the two tribes, indicating for them to get back to fighting, and so the two tribes engaged each other’s once more. The Storm raptors were exhausted from hunting all day but adrenaline and angry pushed them to fight on to save their families and, for those who fall in battle, to move on to fight with Russ. Amrath fought like a madman, wielding two axes as he fought in the midst of the rival tribe with many cuts on all over his body and soon he confronted the leader of the rival tribe. Their fight was long and bloody and Scadvald knew he was going to die so he flung his ax, were it bit deeply into the chief’s chest, and the chief, using the last of his strength, moved towards Scadvald and his ax struck his chest.

For what felt like eternity Amrath felt like he was floating in oblivion before he blacked out. The next time he was still floating but this time there was an unbearable pain that covered all of his body and causing him to black out for a second time from pain. Finally after the third time Amrath woke up he was able to see the sky again, but not for long, as he was handed a black suit and ushered onto the thunderhawk gunship and flown to training base that the wolves used to train new aspirants. Amrath was quickly assigned with other aspirants, who formed a claw, and each was given a knife and spear. After about twelve months of grueling training only Amrath and two others remained of his claw and them, along with other claws, were placed in a thunderhawk and sent to the Fang. From there they went through even more training, with many more of the aspirants dying, with the final test forcing the recruits to face the harsh elements as they made their way back to the fang. After this training only Amrath and one other person from his claw remained out of the original five. During all of this Amrath just kept getting bigger and bigger, eating more than a marine normally would with no problem. The Wolf priest examined him and found that the geneseed in him was the cause of this but removing it would kill him so they just left it alone.

Soon he was placed into Berek Thunderfist’s company and he served as a blood claw for a century and a half killing mainly orcs and the occasional chaos marine. He was then promoted to grey hunter and then finally Long Fang where he felt was his true calling, watching as he slaughtered swathes of Traitor Guardsmen with a heavy bolter or setting of the ammunition of a armored vehicle with a well placed las shot.

Appearance:

Wargear: -MK lVc-pattern Heavy Bolt: A standard issue Adeptus Astartes Heavy bolter, the weapon is adorned with a number of runes, administered by a Iron Priest as to not anger the machine spirit that dwells within, and a number of charms and talismans that are commonly used by the chapter. The only thing that is slightly modified is that the Heavy bolter can fire rounds at a much higher firing rate than others of its kind.

-Twin Astartes MK lll Bolt pistols: Adeptus Astartes standard issue, it is also adorned with runes and charms in a similar fashioned to his Heavy bolter. However, instead of the standard bolter round he instead replaced them with the Kraken Pattern Penetrator Rounds that he has access to due to his three decade service in the Deathwatch.

-Mk. 12 Lupio pattern Runic Armor: Space Wolves grant valiant members of their Chapter specially crafted suits of power armor inscribed with runes of protection by the Rune Priests. These provide the wearer with a defense against psychic attacks. This armor is created by the Iron Priests, but Amrath’s is slightly different by the fact that it also incorporates parts from an old Tactical Dreadnought armor so that it could contain his massive frame. The right shoulder pad is shaped to look like that of the top of a wolf, giving it the appearance of biting into his arm and shoulder, and his armor is also covered with a number of tokens from past battles that he was in, the head of an Ork, the horn of a Khornate deamon, and the pelt of a Fenrisian wolf he slain when he was an aspirant.

What do you all think of so far?
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Krayz

@Primarch: Get that Inquisitor finished up first, or scrap him and go ahead ^_^

@UrbanZorro: Regimental commanders are generally Colonels (or equivalent); Generals are generally (no pun intended) multi-regimental commanders. As well, the "Merit of the High Lords" is a tad bit too much; while the characters are supposed to be of heroic note, they shouldn't be all-out epic, either, and having the attention of the ruling body of the Imperium is a little much.

Aside from that, I have one other complaint; if you're going to make a regimental commander, you have to tell us which regiment, and if it isn't one of the Cadian ones I outlined, you're gonna have to tell us EVERYTHING >=D

Excellent work, however. I love the power maul, personally; seemed a perfect weapon of Guard commanders and Commissars.

@Miles: A tank commander is perfectly acceptable, though stay away from the Heavy Tank Companies please.

@Kevben: Very fine work. Only issue is that you need to explain what a lone Long Fang is doing at a battlefield the Space Wolves *currently* have no forces engaged in.

If you, however, had a reason one of the Great Companies, or even a few Packs, were sent to the front (reasons include Space Marines just doing what they do, Malleus Remit, or maybe the Wolf Lord paying a debt to an Imperial Commander), then please do, and have fun with it.

@Everyone: Sorry I've been away so long. End of semester at university, Christmas on the way; REALLY busy week =/

Urbanzorro

Ok, and ok ;D I have no problem fleshing out the regiment.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Krayz on December 09, 2010, 12:44:59 PM
@Primarch: Get that Inquisitor finished up first, or scrap him and go ahead ^_^

@UrbanZorro: Regimental commanders are generally Colonels (or equivalent); Generals are generally (no pun intended) multi-regimental commanders. As well, the "Merit of the High Lords" is a tad bit too much; while the characters are supposed to be of heroic note, they shouldn't be all-out epic, either, and having the attention of the ruling body of the Imperium is a little much.

Aside from that, I have one other complaint; if you're going to make a regimental commander, you have to tell us which regiment, and if it isn't one of the Cadian ones I outlined, you're gonna have to tell us EVERYTHING >=D

Excellent work, however. I love the power maul, personally; seemed a perfect weapon of Guard commanders and Commissars.

@Miles: A tank commander is perfectly acceptable, though stay away from the Heavy Tank Companies please.

@Kevben: Very fine work. Only issue is that you need to explain what a lone Long Fang is doing at a battlefield the Space Wolves *currently* have no forces engaged in.

If you, however, had a reason one of the Great Companies, or even a few Packs, were sent to the front (reasons include Space Marines just doing what they do, Malleus Remit, or maybe the Wolf Lord paying a debt to an Imperial Commander), then please do, and have fun with it.

@Everyone: Sorry I've been away so long. End of semester at university, Christmas on the way; REALLY busy week =/

If i may add... i find it odd that Kevben's char; Amrath, would be given a icon of the Great Wolf. SWs are very honourbound, if it was owned by previous Great Wolves, and then by Logan, he wouldnt have given it to anyone but the next great wolf, and if i know anything about him, that wont be untill he dies. further, given how much he HATES the inquisition i cannot for the life of me imagine him being pleased in the least about Amrath joining the Deathwatch... for most chapters it is a high honour, and that might make sense... but the SWs do not like the inquisition, placing ones self at its beck and call as the Deathwatch is would be anathema to them... probably more like a punishment or opportunity for redemption than a honour.

but that said, Amrath is not the first SW deathwatch marine, nor will be be the last... yet hes given a unique and utterly precious chapter relic, held by Great Wolves for thousands of years?

nuh, doesnt fly in my head :P

Krayz

You're right, Darkling. I planned on mentioning that, but I forgot in all the catch-up.

Sorry, but it's a good point, Kevben.

Kevben Battleheart

lol alright then Darkling I'll get ride of it, and I won't lie, that was actually taken from another CS I had of a Space Wolf who was on a honor quest or something along those lines. And if that is actual facts about Logan then I never knew that at all, lol, and here I thought I knew plenty about the SW.

Its alright, no need to say sorry or anything, that was just one thing I hadn't really thought out, and with some of the facts Darkling pointed out, I didn't know either, for instance I never knew that Logan hated the Inquisition.

Primarch

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on December 09, 2010, 02:59:13 PM
lol alright then Darkling I'll get ride of it, and I won't lie, that was actually taken from another CS I had of a Space Wolf who was on a honor quest or something along those lines. And if that is actual facts about Logan then I never knew that at all, lol, and here I thought I knew plenty about the SW.

Its alright, no need to say sorry or anything, that was just one thing I hadn't really thought out, and with some of the facts Darkling pointed out, I didn't know either, for instance I never knew that Logan hated the Inquisition.

As an organisation he hates it, there are however a very small handful of Inquisitors with whom he's on good terms with. But yes, its extremely unlikely to the point realistically its not going to happen that Logan would pass on something intended for Great Wolves to a Long Fang doing a few years with the Deathwatch. Although I have the Deathwatch RP book, if I recall there is one or two Space Wolf special items, I could take a look if you'd like?

Kevben Battleheart

If its not too much trouble Primarch, thank you. And I never heard of a Deathwatch rp book . I know of Dark Heresy which is about working for an Inquisitor and I think they have another called Rogue Trader, but never a Deathwatch. lol, the more you know.

Primarch

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on December 09, 2010, 03:15:13 PM
If its not too much trouble Primarch, thank you. And I never heard of a Deathwatch rp book . I know of Dark Heresy which is about working for an Inquisitor and I think they have another called Rogue Trader, but never a Deathwatch. lol, the more you know.

Deathwatch is the latest in the Rogue Trader/Dark Heresy series. I gotta take a walk to the ATM, as soon as I'm back I'll check up the book.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Primarch on December 09, 2010, 03:17:05 PM
Deathwatch is the latest in the Rogue Trader/Dark Heresy series. I gotta take a walk to the ATM, as soon as I'm back I'll check up the book.
Take your time, as soon as you can is appreciated but its not that important, and again thank you for doing this.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on December 09, 2010, 02:59:13 PM

its no big deal, The More You Know and all that. if you want something akin to a rosarius in function, im sure we could find a excuse for that, you just went alittle overboard on the awesome factor.

if your curious, and to make a long story very short:
In the First War for Armageddon (who the hell would name a planet that in this setting? you know your asking for trouble!) the world was invaded by chaos, the Space Wolves and Grey Knights came and kicked chaos all right off the damn planet, saving the billions of imperial citizens there, which was the SW's primary goal (space wolves are one of two chapters that are less inhumane, and often take a 'fatherly mein' towards mere mortals, especially those with the courage to fight, even lacking the advantages of a Space Marine). Unfortunately, after the battle was won, on  the eve of their victory, as they were all back in their ships getting ready to head back to The Fang (probably for a victory feast and boozing if i know SWs!), the Inquisition decided that it would be better to wipe out the survivors and repopulate the planet from scratch, rather than risk the taint of chaos in the survivors, or allow them to spread knowledge of what they had seen. And did so, via sterilization and labour camps, working them to death. And that includes the Guard regiments that fought there.

To call Logan irate at that point might have been abit of a understatement, he has never forgiven the Imperium in general and the Inquisition in particular for that betrayal of its own warriors and subjects.

but as Primarch pointed out, he does tolerate and even befriend individual inquisitors that prove themselves worthy of the honour. but in general... as a inquisitor... faffing about with the Space Wolves is a activity that can quickly become lethal.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Darkling on December 09, 2010, 04:07:52 PM
its no big deal, The More You Know and all that. if you want something akin to a rosarius in function, im sure we could find a excuse for that, you just went alittle overboard on the awesome factor.

if your curious, and to make a long story very short:
In the First War for Armageddon (who the hell would name a planet that in this setting? you know your asking for trouble!) the world was invaded by chaos, the Space Wolves and Grey Knights came and kicked chaos all right off the damn planet, saving the billions of imperial citizens there, which was the SW's primary goal (space wolves are one of two chapters that are less inhumane, and often take a 'fatherly mein' towards mere mortals, especially those with the courage to fight, even lacking the advantages of a Space Marine). Unfortunately, after the battle was won, on  the eve of their victory, as they were all back in their ships getting ready to head back to The Fang (probably for a victory feast and boozing if i know SWs!), the Inquisition decided that it would be better to wipe out the survivors and repopulate the planet from scratch, rather than risk the taint of chaos in the survivors, or allow them to spread knowledge of what they had seen. And did so, via sterilization and labour camps, working them to death. And that includes the Guard regiments that fought there.

To call Logan irate at that point might have been abit of a understatement, he has never forgiven the Imperium in general and the Inquisition in particular for that betrayal of its own warriors and subjects.

but as Primarch pointed out, he does tolerate and even befriend individual inquisitors that prove themselves worthy of the honour. but in general... as a inquisitor... faffing about with the Space Wolves is a activity that can quickly become lethal.
I need to read the books your reading then, I'm a bit of a fanatic for the SW and, although this could be impossible, I like to learn whatever I can about them.

Krayz

Look up a site called Lexicanum, Kevben. It's like a Wiki of Warhammer, Fantasy AND 40,000. It's not quite as good as reading the books, but it's the next best thing (It's my source of choice ^_^). It also covers a variety of weapons, equipment, and such.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Krayz on December 09, 2010, 07:40:59 PM
Look up a site called Lexicanum, Kevben. It's like a Wiki of Warhammer, Fantasy AND 40,000. It's not quite as good as reading the books, but it's the next best thing (It's my source of choice ^_^). It also covers a variety of weapons, equipment, and such.
I use that site quite often actually, its how I know about 2 battles that happened at the Fang. One from Magnus as revenge for the destruction of Prospero, and another during something called the Plague of Unbelief but I haven't looked much into that yet.

ChaoticSky

*opens mouth to describe another time when the SWs clashed with the imperium*
*shuts it*

we are straying off topic again XD

Krayz

And Daddy has discovered that the Blood Angels have a 5th edition Codex...

Successor Chapter, here I come!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Krayz on December 09, 2010, 09:10:21 PM
And Daddy has discovered that the Blood Angels have a 5th edition Codex...

Successor Chapter, here I come!
wut?  :P

Krayz

I didn't know that there had ever been a more thorough Codex done for the Blood Angels than the one from the Games Workshop magazine.

I'm gonna make a Captain for a Blood Angels Successor Chapter :D

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Krayz on December 09, 2010, 10:31:41 PM
I didn't know that there had ever been a more thorough Codex done for the Blood Angels than the one from the Games Workshop magazine.

I'm gonna make a Captain for a Blood Angels Successor Chapter :D
oh lol. there are lots of sucessors, they are neat, and there is quite abit out about them, the Book of Blood from BL is a must have for any blood angel lover :P

Primarch

Hey Kevben, checked my Deathwatch book, Space Wolf Relics used by the Deathwatch are:

Frost Blades & Wolf Pelts (same as from the codex) but also Runic Totems, those being:
Totem of the Bloodied Hunter (increases damage when raging basically)
Totem of the Sea Wolf (improves driving)
Totem of the Sun (increases awareness)

There is also Deathwatch Relics usable by any members who are respected enough
Adamantine Mantle (negates some armour penetration, increases ability to feint & when you take a defensive stance puts an extra penalty on people trying to attack you in close combat)
Deathwatch Relic Blade (2 handed Power Weapon, automatically destroys any weapon without a power field used to parry an attack from it, or it parries an attack from, 25% to destroy a non relic power weapon)
Skapulan Bolter (hardest hitting bolter of its size (standard bolter size), never jams, comes with Fire Selector, Targeter and Bayonet equivalent to a Master Crafted combat knife. 4% chance to re-roll a missed shot as the (over one hundred) machine spirits inside demand perfection)

On another note, reading over my Deathwatch book has put me in the mood to play one, so once I'm finished my Inquisitor you'll be getting a brother marine, likely a Black Templar : D 

Krayz

His character is still in the Deathwatch?

Primarch

Quote from: Krayz on December 10, 2010, 04:39:24 PM
His character is still in the Deathwatch?

I had assumed so....on another note, my character is finished. I gave him a retinue, as an Inquisitor Lord has to have one.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Primarch on December 10, 2010, 05:11:24 PM
I had assumed so....on another note, my character is finished. I gave him a retinue, as an Inquisitor Lord has to have one.
Ahhh, that right. His history isn't all that done yet and needs some tidying up, but he's done with the Deathwatch and back to serving his Chapter. Sorry Primarch if this looks like you wasted your time looking that all up.

CountessJess

Well, hello...If it's not too late, could I join in? I'm not that busy right now (got free from some of my other RPs), and I keep on missing WH40k group RPs. So...pretty please? I can make an Angry Marine character.

If I'm too late, then, well, good luck and have fun! =)

Krayz

Well, I'm still here (though I haven't been very on top of things >_<)

Just putting way more effort than is healthy (xD) into the details for my Chapter.

I just feel its necessary to remind you that Space Marines are male only, Jess. Aside from that, I'll give a hesitant-and-withdrawable-yes.

Reignlief

Is it still possible to join this rp or is it too late? I always love the chance to be in a 40k rp as I have seen so few of them. Especialy when I possibly have the chance to play a sister of battle.

Krayz

My constant delaying means there's still plenty of time to join up, Reign.

Whether or not I still have people interested, however...

Primarch

I'm still in, although it would be quite reassuring to know when we'll be starting, roughly at least.

Miles Trent

I'd ask the same thing as Primarch, because Im now slightly more free with most of my assignments over and done with. Home stretch for me before Christmas so my schedule is a bit more open now.

Working on an epic profile which will be ready by the weekend. Tanks rule.  ::)
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Reignlief

Decided to make your bog standard Imperial Guard sniper. Or not so standard is its probably turning out to be. I also dislike being high ranks.

Name: Bronwynn Caladiea.
Species: Human, Elysian.

Biography: ((To be added as i think of it))

Appearance:

It should be noted that her armour cameleoline layer adopting the colours and hues of her surrounds.
Under her hood, her hair is shoulder length and a light red almost fiery colour, this is normally kept tied in a bun in the Field, however when not in the Field she tends to let it fall loose.

Wargear:
Las Pistol, standard side arm of any lower rank Imperial Guard officer.

Long las pattern sniper rifle. Modified scope allowing for nighttime sniping.

Mk. XII flak battle suit. It has been noted that she refused the Mk IV combat pack and type 5 pressure helmet also usually issued to Elysian troops due to her needs as a sniper.

She always carries a short blade instead of the usual bayonet, the blades handle is wooden and undecorated, whilst the blade is an elongated leaf shape, almost ideal for stabbing into something.

One unusual item she carries is a small battered Imperial Lightning Fighter model, she refuses to speak of why to anyone she does not count a Friend.

Krayz

The Angels of the Watch
Founding Chapter: Blood Angels
Founding: 7th Founding
Chapter Master: Michael
Home World: the Angels of the Watch’s fleet
Fortress Monastery: Sanguinus’ Vigil
Main Colours: Dark red with black shoulder pads
Specialty: Counterattacks, assaults
Battle Cry: “Sanguinius’ watch never ceases!”
Estimated Strength: +/- 1000 Space Marines

The Angels of the Watch are a successor chapter of the Blood Angels Space Marine Chapter. The history of the Angels of the Watch is, like much to do with the Blood Angels themselves, a mystery to most outsiders, but what is known is that their founding members devoted themselves to warding the Imperium formed by the struggles of the revered Emperor and their father Sanguinius. And so the Angels set forth in their newly-made Chapter fleet, dubbed the Roaming Heavens, and declared their protection of the children of man.

The Angels of the Watch, isolated often within their space-faring fortresses, have developed many rituals and customs in addition to those adopted from their Blood Angel progenitors. The most noteworthy of these is the tradition that newly-inducted Angels of the Watch abandon their names of birth and take those of mythic angels from ancient traditions. Meanwhile, the companies and other organizations of the Chapter are called Orders and named for particularly powerful angels. Symbolically, the leaders of the Orders adopt the name of the angel which is the patron of their order, making the leader of the order something of an eternal figure. The Chapter Master himself is simply dubbed “Michael”, who in ancient Terran mythology was the commander of the Heavenly Host, and greatest of the archangels.

The constant travel of the Angels of the Watch provides them with fairly regular reinforcement for a chapter of Adeptes Astartes. Each Battle Barge or Strike Cruiser is capable of beginning the genetic modification and training of new Space Marines, but all Neophytes eventually find themselves upon the decks of the Skies of Eden, where the Order of Metatron makes its home. There the neophytes, not yet inducted into the chapter, continue their training when not called for battle duty in the Scout squads. The Skies of Eden, fittingly, also serve as the home of the Order of Raphael, which is vital in the process of creating new Angels of the Watch.

Each Battle Barge and Strike Cruiser has with it at least one Chaplain, with others traveling between ships as needed. Typically, several Strike Cruisers and one Battle Barge travel together through the endless expanses of the Imperium, the Strike Cruisers breaking off as necessary to perform tasks. Perhaps the most active of the Strike Cruisers is Azrael’s Book; this ship is unique among the fleet, for it is purely at the beck and call of the Order of Azrael, their home and means of transportation, and out of the hands of the fleet commander Jophiel. Only Michael himself may overrule Azrael on the activities of the Book.  Like the Chaplains, the Order of Raziel is spread out among the various ships, with an Epistolary on every Battle Barge, [/i]Azrael’s Book[/i], and two of the other Strike Cruisers. The various Codiciers and Lexicaniums are spread evenly for the most part, with two Codiciers typically taking the place of an Epistolary on a Strike Cruiser.

For the most part, the Battle Companies are expected to be self-sufficient; the spread-out nature of the Angels of the Watch typically forces an individual Order to be able to handle a situation on its own unless a crisis worth the attention of multiple companies appears. The Tactical, Assault and Devastator Companies are rarely used outside of truly epic campaigns, in which as many reinforcements as deemed necessary might be assigned to assist a Battle Company.

Organization of the Angels of the Watch

The Assault on Marius VII

When the planet of Marius VII, home of an Inquisitorial Conclave and staging area of the Imperial Guard, was struck by a terrible Black Crusade, the Angels of the Watch were one of the many Space Marine chapters to answer the call for retribution issued by the combined voice of the Emperor's Inquisition. The fleet-based nature of the chapter made it a simple matter to muster the necessary forces to engage in the campaign. The talent for assault that the Angels of the Watch had inherited from their Blood Angel founders, combined with their mandate of protection, made the retaking of Marius VII the perfect campaign for the chapter.

Chapter Master Michael, Archangel of the Watch and Champion of the Host, put two of the Chapter's Strike Cruisers, the
Crimson Rain and the Wings of the Watch, under the command of Camael and his Order, equivalent of the 5th Company in another Chapter. In addition to regular troops and representatives from the Orders of Raziel, Raphael, Gabriel and Arkiel, Camael was granted command of several squads from the Orders of Zerachiel, Sariel and Uriel, as well as Neophytes from the Order of Metatron. Half a dozen Thunderhawk Gunships, and a full dozen Stormravens were added to Camael's force to support his troops in their role as assault troops. Last of all, the Archangel of the Watch assigned a squad of the legendary Order of Zadkiel to serve as Camael's personal guard.

With the might of two full companies mustered behind him, the Bearer of the Burning Blade set forth to purify Marius VII and take it back from the foul hands of the Chaos Gods. Girded in their faith and strength of characters, the Angels once more traveled the heavens to maintain the vigil of Sanguinius...

[I'll have a character sheet for Camael set up tomorrow]