A Cordial Invitation. (OWoD, sort of Vampire)

Started by Senti, October 09, 2015, 06:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroque

Send you PM/Application. Im not sure what clan I would like to embrace her, but.. Im open to anything :) There are clear hooks for more that few clans, not in any order:
Toreador, Tremere, Lasombra, Ventrue, Malkavian, Setites.. atleast.. maybe even brujahs (depending on how nasty they are..)

Senti

I have the PM/ Character, and looks interesting, was only able to peruse briefly as getting ready for a table top game later. As for Clans she is at present a blank slate and as the game progresses who knows what might happen. 

Vikii

Yes you are making sense, I think I get the idea. I might have to think on it for little bit to come up with an idea for a chracter. When I do I'll send a pm with a few ideas and see what you think would work best.

Senti

Still here, have a couple of PM's to sort out. An hopefully we may start within the next week or so. Players are still welcome, and people can join after the start of the game.

Those I need to speak with I will get to you just been a busy week... and its only Wednesday. :)

Senti

Yes please join and become one of us :)

Send me a character.

I am hoping to start this next week.

AndyZ

What all have people made so far?  I haven't seen any applications.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

kckolbe

Yeah, that's what has me kinda cooling on this.  Not sure what kind of tone the chars so far are establishing, how they are "built" without numbers, etc.  I'm still intrigued, just hoping for more information.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

I'm playing Lady Claire Somerset a member of British nobility related to one of the Dukes (a niece) who ,as a child, fell from a height and is now disabled not able to run with a pronounced limp and uses a cane. But due to her infirmity making her unlikely to wed had an exceptional education in the Letters and Sciences in France to maybe help her have a life of meaning and her father was rather fond of his daughter. She is a writer bringing complex science and other ideas to a level the common people can understand (largely the new Middle and Professional Classes) and lectures on the letters and sciences. Her reputation also includes charitable work with veterans of war, education of the poor and other areas of work to better society using her impressive wealth.

Oh I used the Ghoul build minus disciplines and she's crunched out with a bit of Merit and Flaw room saved for vampire additions after her embrace and the GM didn't mind so I suggest do that if your not sure.

Senti

Quote from: HopeFox on October 29, 2015, 12:20:41 AM
I was thinking of playing a middle class woman who's heavily involved in the Suffragette movement and other interesting bits of social change at this particular time in history. That could have a lot of potential in a game intended to run over several decades. Married in a rather mundane fashion. Would make a surprisingly good Brujah, with time.

A male might be preferable if at all possible? There are plenty of opportunities for males in this setting obviously to take a role in social change.

Miroque

I build my application using mortal points.. and left some of them unused.. like most of the freebies.
Edit: I thought we were all using mortal points. Stats: 6/4/3, Abilities: 13/9/5, Virtues: 7, Backgrounds: 5, Freebies: 21

Senti

Feel free to use Ghoul points, I was not overly worried about exact points expenditure. so feel free to make any alterations.

Senti

If anyone want to send sheets over this weekend which is almost fitting considering the contend please feel free.

I am organising ooc things, and the like for perusal.

kckolbe

What are ghoul points?  I tried finding them
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

V20 rulebook, page 505 I just didn't take disciplines. But it was easy enough to find the rules for mortals weren't.

Miroque

Question: Do our characters know of each other beforehand ? I could easily see few characters knowing eachother (or atleast to know of them) but as social circles were so tight and social castes were totally divided.. so no highbrn would even know of the poorest denizens of the same city

Senti

As I said I am not overly stressed if points are a little over or under as long as it makes sense.

Certain attributes/ abilities at 5 for example I might question unless there is a very good reason. I see them as a guide for both player and ST though at times rolls may be needed especially in stressful and difficult situations.

I will say that as an ST and as a table top group we have the rule that each dot in an ability nullifies a one because it often happens we have founf that the more dice one rolls the more one is likely to botch. :P

Though I am not sure if in much later editions they addressed this.

(Is everyone happy with this ruling?)

Miroque

Rules changed from 1ed guite drasticly on that... If there is even 1 succ, before taking out "1"s you cant botch...

Senti

Quote from: Miroque on October 29, 2015, 12:05:13 PM
Question: Do our characters know of each other beforehand ? I could easily see few characters knowing eachother (or atleast to know of them) but as social circles were so tight and social castes were totally divided.. so no highbrn would even know of the poorest denizens of the same city

As for knowing each other, that is really up to players, though certain people may at least know of each other even if its through gossip etc. So some of it might be ludicrus, and sometimes there might be a grain of truth there.

Gossip can make for interesting gaming.

And on that note I might consider making a gossip thread if people would like it? something that anyone can add to. (It need not all be too serious)

Miroque

I think as there is "Status", "Fame", "Influense" and probably many other merits/flaws that give out somekind of regocnition, those would be good to mention aswell, right?

I dont meen, that everyone would know Joe "Shoobox" McGritty (Fame 1, boxer) or Jhonny Allmoney (resourses 5, metal mogul).. but those would be nice waymarkers for those that might know of them..

Senti

Oh indeed certain merits/flaws and advantages will mean that people are known in various circles for both good or ill.

This too will make for interesting story hooks and Rping.

Miroque

Senti

as in E time it should be next week.

the details on the start will be posted at that time. Fear not there will be a reason for everyone to be at the appointed place.

AndyZ

I'm sorry, Senti.  I'm not having any interesting ideas pop to mind.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

What bout complete scum, Nosferatu like cursing complete scum.

Anyway I will add a few things to my character sheet like her hired servants of her home, likely a small staff, a Maid-of-All-Work and a Cook for sure and a few under servants. She's not one to do the work of domestics.