{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

Hearing her sister wailing her name was not reassuring and for a minute her heart stopped before she came running back into the main room going right to her sister and her hands fluttering to check vital signs to make sure she was okay. Then she heard the rest of what Eva was nearly shouting. Her cheeks turned crimson and her eyes went round with surprise.

"But...sis....I'm sweet to everyone. And I did run into him, I was only trying to be nice. Please, I'm sorry " She glanced up at the stranger and then back at her sister, her expression worried as she bit her lower lip. "Please Eva, calm down its not good for you or the baby love."

Spa O o fey

Eva tried to swat her sister away, raising her hands to deflect the usual health check. Huffing she blew loose curls from her delicate face. Propping her hands on her wide hips she glowered at her twin. "I'm fine, stop treating me like I'm glass!" She scoffed, knowing her sister meant well.

Turning towards the man her eyes narrowed, "What did you say your name was?" she prodded again before glancing at the man gathering his things. A venomous poison of blue swirled around her eyes as she pinned the retreating man with her gaze.

Scoffing again she let out a sigh, trying to calm herself, or so it appeared. "The baby is just damn fine!" she said in a honeyed-down tone that dripped with annoyance.

"Ari.." She said her name again, obviously making it known, "You can't just give discounts to people who step into your path. They should be more observant.." The tiny pregnant woman peered at the stranger, her pink lips pursing in thought.

"But..." she paused, a sudden smile appearing on her face, " I suppose if my DARLING, BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL sister wants to give you a discount. I will concede, but only because she likes you." Her job done, Eva gave a nod before strolling off back to her seat. The whole ordeal had made her quite hungry and she grabbed for another treat, indulging in its caramel sweetness.

Kurzyk

"My name's Tom ma'am, Tom Caulton," with a graceful air. The Caultons knew all too well how to project themselves as royalty and in the confusion of the moment he was surprised to hear himself sound like that. It didn't suit him and he turned to look back down at his wallet.

"Thank you for your kindness." He followed with a smile and watched her walk back to her seat.

"Again I apologize for... ", he turned to the one he had run into and looked into her eyes; a smile warmed his heart. "For running into you"

He heard his brother open the shop door, tapping his watch.

"We have to go," he said to her hesitantly. "It was very nice to have met you." His brow furrowed with a confused look in his eyes. Something had happened. He sighed and longed to find out, but he was late for a meeting.

Wistful Dream

Ari had flinched away slightly at the yell from her sister and sighed, worried but leaving it be for now. Eva was in a mood and there was no fixing that for now. And then she had to speak in such a manner that Ari near about wanted to die, or at very least to sink behind the counter and avoid the eyes of poor confused Tom. Tom, Caulton, that was his name, and it was, nice to know it at least. But Eva seemed to mellow out and when she went to sit down Ari sighed with relief.

She was sad to see him go, to know he was rushing off but she looked up at him and offered him only a simple, bright smile. The one she used even on her worst days. "Don't Mr. Caulton, it was rather nice in the end, always a pleasure to meet new people."

She waved as he left the store before hurrying back into the kitchen to hide her blushing cheeks from the rest of the staff.

anon

Ally watched the entire interaction, a smile of amusement on her face until she saw Eva appear. The pregnant woman was temperamental at best. She winced at the yelling following and thanked her stars that the woman had been absent when she had given Ky and Phaedra the two sugar creations.

"Right...and I'm gone." She muttered as she started to vanish back into the kitchen. She tilted her head a little at the announcement of Ari's apparent crush on one of the customers.

A soft giggle burst from her lips before entered the kitchen again, this time returning to forming turtles. Eva didn't seem to be in the best of mood today, and she was not about to try her luck out.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Lilias

'No, that will be all... thank you.' Rose put a few coins - exactly the needed amount - down on the counter, then looked around for somewhere to sit. That tiny table in the corner would do. She dashed over, put down her flute case, then returned to pick up the cup and plate. Used to fetching and carrying for others at home, it came naturally to do the same for herself.

She sat down and had a sip before looking around curiously. Naturally, the pregnant woman, the twin of the one who had served her, was the first to draw her attention. Rose couldn't help smiling behind her cup, even though the beautiful mother-to-be seemed in a less than amiable mood at the moment.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

anon

Ally popped back into the store, bearing a tray full of sugar turtles. Her eyes lit on Rose, sitting in the corner of the shop. She leaned against the counter again. The turtles' heads bobbed, a few winked in the direction of the newcomer. Rolling her eyes, Ally tapped a few on their heads, making them pop back into their shell.

"Hey there. Got everything you need-Oh flute! Play something?" As usual, Ally was blurting out words at the same rate that she was thinking up them. "Please?" Wide eyes stared at her entreatingly.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi walked into the store, being unobtrusive and sat down in the corner. She caught the last bit of the conversation and her eyes lit on the flute player. She was eager to here her play and wondered if she could dance to the music.

She glanced around the store, taking in everyone and she smiled to herself. Relaxing at the easy environment.

Lilias

Rose looked up, surprised. The last thing she expected was to be asked to play. She eyed the other girl curiously, then noticed the sugar turtles. Store staff, then. 'Uh... are you sure?' she asked, smiling a bit shamefacedly. 'I mean, is it okay? I don't want to keep you from anything, or annoy...' She glanced Eva's way again.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

anon

Ally looked to the door. The silver bells in her hair jingled as she tilted her head, studying the new customer. Casting her eyes about, she fair danced over to the newcomer. "Hi there. Can I get you anything?" It was not really in her job description, but then again...it wasn't exactly in her job description to be the resident mischief maker either.

Behind her was a small ripple of popping. She growled a little before turning about and snapping her fingers at the turtles. "Stop with that." The popping stopped. With a sigh, she turned back to Aoi and smiled. "I'm Ally, by the way."

She heard Rose's question and nodded vigorously. "Yup. And don't worry about Eva. I heard music is good for babies." She waggled her tongue at Eva. "Just nothing too...energetic?" She added in a low whisper. "I'll give you a sugar catfish for it...not like Eva's going let me put them out for sell anyway..."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled sweetly. "I'm Aoi. I'm fine thank you, though. Your sugar turtles look fantastic." She looked towards Rose, "What style of music do you play?" she asked as she rose and walked towards Rose, her skirts swirling around her ankles and her hair flowing down her back to her waist.

Lilias

A sugar catfish? Rose glanced at the sugar turtles again? 'Oh, you make sugar animals? That's wonderful!' She imagined the little ones' delight, next time the family would come to see her. 'Thank you,' she smiled conspiratorially. 'Something nice and quiet for baby, then,' she said, opening the case, then paused at Aoi's question.

'Oh, classical mainly,' she said, starting to put the flute together. 'I can do the occasional folk piece as well, but the flute is hardly an instrument for partying these days... not loud enough.' She blew lightly on the mouthpiece to test it, then thought for a moment. Debussy's Syrinx, definitely.

The first couple of notes came out rather breathy; she hadn't got the angle right. A little shift, and the piece began to flow in little trills like rolling hills. After all, this was supposed to recreate Pan's pipes, wasn't it? Rose half-closed her eyes and let go of thought and the place around her.
~Wendell Berry

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled and listened to Rose play, swaying slightly as Rose started playing on her flute. She started to dance a few steps of a lyrical dance, when she caught herself and quickly sat down, humming to the tune and writing in a little notebook that she carried in her skirt.

anon

Ally had none of Aoi's reservations. Instead, she twirled to the song, bells jingling in her wake, waltzing about the shop. Her movements that of an untrained dancers, but filled with an innate joy. She spun, toes pointed, the black and blue strands floating about her face.

The fairy in the mural that Vi painted imitated her actions, scattering the butterflies as she moved through the forest.

Ally spun to a stop and stopped before Rose, skirts swishing about her as the folds settled itself over her form again.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, admiring Ally's style. She doodled Ally dancing as Rose played her flute. She added a vocal melody to Rose's song, no words just a flow of notes to match the pitch and tune of the flute.

Lilias

Rose hadn't noticed the fairy, or she would have been jolted right out of any concentration she might have. Luckily for her, she was virtually oblivious to the world when she played. Especially now, when she played just for herself. She had no idea how many housemates eavesdropped on her practice.

She resisted the sudden urge to embellish the final flourish of the piece, then lowered the flute slowly. Her cheeks were flushed, as if with fever, and she felt more lighthearted than she had been for several weeks. Or would that be lightheaded? Did it matter anyway?

She met Ally's eyes as she twirled to a stop before her, and smiled. 'Enjoyed it?'
~Wendell Berry

anon

Ally grinned at her. "Lovely. We need more music in this place." Her eyes flew to the flute. "Oh..." She cooed. "Shiny. Open-holed?" She tilted her head again, the bells jingling with her movement. "Professional musician? Ah wait. I need to get your catfish for you. Be right back."

Without waiting for an answer to her furry of questions, she headed toward the kitchen and returned with two catfishes in her hands. Casting a furtive gaze about to make sure that Eva wasn't watching her, she handed one to Rose and another to Aoi with a flourished curtsy. "For your lovely voice." She saw the sketching upside down. "Oh oh! Can I see? Please?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi gave her an abridged bow from the chair and accepted the catfish. She blushed as she turned her drawing towards Ally. "It's not much, just you in your finishing pose with Rose playing her flute." Aoi nodded towards Rose, "You are a great musician."

Lilias

Rose blushed deeper at the praise. She swallowed a couple of times, then smiled at Aoi. 'And your drawing is amazing, so lifelike.' She eyed the catfish with admiration, then glanced at the mural opposite her. 'This place seems full of talented people. Why isn't it all over the cultural listings already, I wonder?' She had a sip of her coffee, then started on her untouched muffin, all of a sudden absolutely ravenous.
~Wendell Berry

anon

Ally squealed at the picture. "Oh that's so pretty!" She winked at Aoi. "You should show that to Vi. You two will have a lot to talk about-and probably leave us all in the dusts with your art discussions so never mind! Not going to introduce you to her." She stuck her tongue out with a giggle. "At any rate, can I get anything for you? Before we get sidetracked with music again."

The catfish wriggled a little. Ally caught the movement out of the corner of her eyes and sighed. The excitement from burst of customers were sending her powers on a fritz, making her lose her control just slightly.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi blushed and hid behind her hair. "You should go professional. Honestly, you are that good." She turns towards Ally, "This catfish looks amazing, do you have anything with fruit?" she inquired, remembering seeing a pregnant woman and guessing that Rose probably had something healthy. "You know what Rose? Want to do some power control exercises? They are really simple and really easy to get the hang of."

anon

"Fruits, fruits..." Ally tapped her chin thoughtfully. Her mind was full of sugar and chocolate creations. She wrinkled her nose. "Why on earth would you want fruits when you have sugar and chocolate? I don't get it." She shook her head. "But, hm, you'll probably want someone else to help you with that then." She spun again with a grin. "Sugar and chocolate are my domain. Everything else..." She raised a shoulder. "And just between you and me, you do not want me to make coffee."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, "Rose, chocolate, sugar, and fruit always make great creations. We should get together and make some bouquets of flowers or something. I don't drink coffee, besides water is my friend." Aoi stood up and walked over to lean on the wall. "Don't forget to control your powers, dear." She said companionably, closing her eyes and starting her breathing exercises.

Lilias

Rose swallowed the last of her muffin and washed it down with another sip of coffee. She wouldn't finish it; it had grown cool by now. Pity, it was good. But there would be more chances. Definitely more visits here down the line.

She packed up the flute, glanced at her watch and jumped up in alarm. 'Oh dear, look at the time, I'm going to be late... It's been wonderful, and I'm so glad to have met you all.' She grinned at both Ally and Aoi. 'I'll come back at the first opportunity. I, for one, love sugar and chocolate creations and can't wait to try more.' She picked up the catfish in her free hand, sauntered off towards the door, and with a tinkle of chimes, she was gone.
~Wendell Berry

anon

Ally waved at Rose. "Bye! Come back and visit soon!"

"Hm...I can pull some sugar flowers?" Ally blinked at Aoi, not certain if the second part of the phrase was directed toward her. She wasn't exactly sure of what to make of this new customer, especially since she happened to be the one that usually does the baffling. Shaking her head, she headed back for the kitchen. "Anyway, I've got to get going before Eva kicks my butt for hanging out here." She rubbed her behind protectively. "Just holler if you need anything." She added.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences