Vampire the Requiem

Started by RubySlippers, April 23, 2008, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Any storytellers here ever think of running a chronicle using these rules?

Khayin

I think about it rather frequently, in fact.  I just never actually do it.  :)

What sort of story or character did you have in mind?

RubySlippers

Well I favor an intimate one a mortal selected by a hoary and powerful Invictus elder to be a Blood Companion as in a source of food as well as being a lover, companion and friend that can be trusted. Daeva would be most likely but other clans might work but this is not going to just be business so most others might have other sources of such food.

It might be fun as a special role in the clan they would not expect her to start out being useful like other recruits, she would likely not be seen as a threat right off the bat since she is not an ideal recruit but could slowly build up her own power base but likely still modest in ambitions.

And with the strong mutual blood bond that would form that is in a manner a source of power and security for my character as it is to her Elder since the Bond assures the loyalty of the vassal. So the emotional ties will likely be very strong long term.

I was thinking if we can add more Invictus players maybe two or three more it might make things interesting for role-playing.

And yes I would strongly favor a female Elder.  ;D

Khayin

Very nice.

Well... I think I could be coaxed into STing.  I won't be able to start for another couple weeks probably, but the idea intrigues me.  My limit is three PCs and I'd like to keep the cast to just vampires (or mortals that will be vampires).

My first instinct would be to use the Chicago setting for the sheer amount of resources available, but I understand that a city as heavily-established as that might turn off some people, so I'm open to suggestion.

Apart from the very cool concept you detailed above, are there any particular things you'd like to see involved?

RubySlippers

Well I can take time to work on my character, mortal most likely, after all luring the lovely exceptional creature into the dark embrace might be fun for role-playing. Striking Looks just a hint is likely for 2 pts., its not good to be TOO attractive just enough to be above average. I'm thinking a brilliant and charismatic academic maybe working towards her doctorate in perhaps philosophy, attractive and educated, refined but still unworldly so she can be groomed easier to the liking of her Elder. I will very likely make her a virgin and innocent since her role is going to be special in the Invictus society.

As for location how about New Orleans after the hurricane cleared out the rabble the Invictus could be moving to recruit and solidify their power as they rebuild the city in their image with the other sides likely rather weakened. Would explain billions of dollars disappearing that is being spent on relief.  ;)

Anyway Ann Rice is from the city enough said.  ;D

Khayin

New Orleans sounds perfect, actually. :)

gideonblake

Is it too late to join this? I'd be interested in playing. :)

RubySlippers

I was waiting for a potential storyteller to reply. But someone stole my books for the WoD setting so I'd have to do this by membory and some on-line resources I'm a bit rusty but would still love to play.

The Great Triangle

I could help run as an ST.  I've got a fair amount of knowledge of the system and have run several tabletop sessions.  So it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I'd just need some input on choice of venue and plot elements.

I kind of like Las Vegas and Seattle to run Vampire games in myself.  (Las Vegas has glamour and astounding political instability thanks to the extremely small population of elders, while Seattle has all that noir going for it.)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Well I really wanted to play a character who is a mortal and selected by a powerful elder who is in need of vampire blood from a reliable source to be her consort. Basically an Invictus who chose her from the lot of humanity to be a food source that is reliable for her, lover and friend and who is a mortal not traditional. As in someone not automatically chosen for the ability to gain power fast. Think of The Hunger for an idea. She would seek power but be practical since her main role is to keep her mistress fed and happy everthing else is secondary. So some themes would be exploring the depth of a shared blood bond, the horror of servititude of a sort, alienation from more ambitious Invictus as sort of there and respected only because her Sire is scary at least at first and others.

For a path to power she might focus on non-profit charities with her Sires help to both give her some assets later on vital to be even giving passing value as an Invictus and to add important social pressure assets to her Sire. Plus people dole out money often to a good cause and what happens to it can be a bit of a mystery, like a cut goes to her accounts. Plus she needs to have a large number of retainers to feed from at some point for her need and her Sires. And she might adopt the role of Invictus go to girl to get in to see one of the Elders and host parties for younger vampires so the clan can be in touch with them. Sort of modern and trendier Invictus public relations.

The Great Triangle

That seems like a pretty valid character concept.  Most likely you would go and use your starting merit spread to Purchase your character's sire as a 5 dot ally, then put your remaining dot into Status (Invictus).  That would represent your character just after the embrace.  If you wanted more merits, then you could sell down your humanity to cover your herds and influences.

The character concept lends itself more towards a chronicle set in Seattle than one in Las Vegas though, since no self respecting Invictus elder would go through the effort of moving to Las Vegas in the first place due to the lack of a hierarchy.  Or more precisely, the Invictus would have one elder, who moved in to establish order, and that pretty much keeps any other elders from moving to the city.

Ons and Offs

gideonblake

I've never played either form of Vampire, but I'm sure I could come up with a character concept to play with yours. Perhaps a more enforcer type from the same sire, bodyguard to her pet (since I take it you're set on having a Mistress)? Anyplace sounds fine to me.

The Great Triangle

Bodyguard could work, although in the Invictus faction, you would be more likely to be a Ghoul rather than a full vampire.  Ghouls are humans who drink vampire blood to gain supernatural power.  They're somewhat weaker than vampires, but don't have nearly as many weaknesses.  Specifically, not exploding in sunlight.

You could of course play a vampire of the Invictus, in which case you'd most likely be a midranking member of the Invictus somehow contracted as a bodyguard.  The Vampire factions, if you'd be interested in hearing about them:

Invictus: Conservative vampires concerned about maintaining social order and hierarchy.

Carthians: Liberal vampires who focus on social cohesion and personal development.

Lancea Sanctum: Catholic vampires who focus on being the best monster possible in the name of God.

Circle of the Crone: Pagan vampires who focus on gaining power through the vampiric condition.

Ordo Dracul: Secret society of vampires who work to transcend the limitations of the vampiric curse.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

Actually there is a group of Invictus Body Gaurds,  If I remember correctly their called the Knights of the Thorn.  They're a seriously hard core group of cultured killers essentially.

gideonblake

Being a Knight of the Thorn sounds cool. So does Ordo Dracul, but I wouldn't think that vampire clans get along well with one another. Being a ghoul doesn't sound as appealing just because it doesn't sound like in a fight (which would be his job description) with a vampire, he would be all that great. If I'm mistaken, then that's also a possibility I wouldn't mind delving into.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Great Triangle on May 24, 2008, 11:30:34 AM
That seems like a pretty valid character concept.  Most likely you would go and use your starting merit spread to Purchase your character's sire as a 5 dot ally, then put your remaining dot into Status (Invictus).  That would represent your character just after the embrace.  If you wanted more merits, then you could sell down your humanity to cover your herds and influences.

The character concept lends itself more towards a chronicle set in Seattle than one in Las Vegas though, since no self respecting Invictus elder would go through the effort of moving to Las Vegas in the first place due to the lack of a hierarchy.  Or more precisely, the Invictus would have one elder, who moved in to establish order, and that pretty much keeps any other elders from moving to the city.

Well the Mentor will fit but I was thinking 4 dots someone scary but not uber scary just a "new" Invictus Elder as in someone that cut the throat of enough lesser vampires and her peers to rise to be scary enough. And someone just getting to the point where they need Vampire blood. So the faction will permit an embrace to allow her to safely feed.

Oh and she is going to start as a mortal if I can, I was thinking the intended Sire already chose her carefully and made her an asset more for her social skills and interest in working in charities an area easy to exploit but not overly ambitious.

So for Merirts I'm thinking: Mentor 4 Dots (seasoned Elder but still not as old as others or as connected but no one to underestimate), Striking Looks (1 Dot) likely very appealing and girl-next-door a soft beauty but not TOO attractive and a little other area maybe a Dot in Reaources from a small trust fund. But by Invictus standards would be well otherwise not a contender for membership save one Elder wants her, that can't be ignored. And an ambitious mortal would just not be suitable for her intended role due to the risks to her unlife.

Think a blank slate the Elder can mold to suit her needs and also help guide her lover to be more productive. And remember a herd is not required for her she can feed off rats if she had to, but any animal blood source will work. She and her Sire can collect mortals for that before her tastes shift in role-play.

The Great Triangle

Ruby:  I'm somewhat Leery of allowing a blood potency 7 vampire elder as a 4 dot mentor, but I'd be willing to do it if the Elder was particularly possessive towards her "pet."  Elder vampires, by their very nature, are very powerful and scary, although they do have a certain amount of trouble getting blood.  (except in the Ordo Dracul.)  Starting off as a mortal is alright though, and you could probably make that work just fine.

@Gideon:  Knights of the Thorn do sound pretty okay, although I'd need Seraph to tell me a bit more about them and if they have any associated bloodlines like the fangs of the dragon for the Ordo Dracul before I make a final decision on whether they should be in the game.  As for Ghoul combat capability, ghouls are nearly (~80%) equal to vampires below blood potency 4 in head to head combat.  They have one less ability dot, and two dots worth of supernatural powers instead of three, but otherwise fight the same as a vampire.  Where they really shine is in not having conventional vampire weaknesses.  They can comfortably use incendiary weapons like flamethrowers and dragonbreath shotgun shells (although this is more the province of a Ghoul suicide attacker than a bodyguard) and their small relative weakness compared to vampires pays itself off ten times over with interest when fighting during the day, when most vampires above blood potency 4 will be utterly helpless even if they can wake up.  Finding havens and dealing with any ghoul bodyguards, however, can prove pretty tricky.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

Oops sorry the name was wrong,  I should have realized it wasn't pretentious enough.

"The Most Honorable Order of the Thorn wreathe"

The associated Bloodline is a Deava off shoot called Spina, and wield the Discipline of Courtoisie.  which essentially gives them combat bonuses for being courteous combatants,penalizes opponents who are not,  use social skills in place of combat skills,  and finally deal damage with words alone.

RubySlippers

Well I can move points around and go for a 5 Dot mentor, but the relationship is supposed to be close with her and her Sire likely sharing blood often I can't see an Elder trusting her child and not insisting on some sharing to have a mutual bond. Something else will have to give either she will be attractive as hell and no resources to speak of or have a little money and resources and be not overly attractive more very pretty.

I'll have to get creative I was thinking either a woman with no resources of her own taking care of a sick parent so has hardly any money, but is educated and attractive likely self-educated. Or a college student with some resources who is very bright, socially adept enough for her Sire's needs and won't outshine her. Both might be good to a Hoary Elder vampires sensibilities the first would show a strict code of honor and a love of self-improvement with a compassionate side. The other a modern vampire that could keep her grounded in the modern world a bit.

The concept is not just a food source by a companion and lover the Sire can trust and who is a proper one as opposed to a ghoul. So they are likely going to live in the same haven and likely the same resting place.

The Great Triangle

Alright, that sounds pretty good.  There are some merits in the Invictus book that pertain to getting some extra bonuses from that sort of arrangement.  After your embrace, you can go ahead and ask Seraph about them.   (mostly they involve being able to use your Elder's skills, resources, and other miscelanious bonuses)

I'm perfectly fine with the lover concept and I think it'll work pretty well.  Just remember that you buy your mentor as a level 4 mentor at your own risk.  However, I think I'm going to go ahead and allow new mortal characters 11 merit dots, as long as they understand that they'll be mortal for a while unless they spend some of those merit dots on a merit like wolf blooded, sleepwalker, or some second sight merits, which I'll be allowing. 

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Nope a nice normal mortal save she has unknown to her a very powerful friend. I will go with the loving and supportive daughter that way the Sire can kill of the parent at some point and use the sorrow to her advantage to claim her precious creature.

MERITS
Mentor (5)  ~Sire~
Resources (1)  ~Has some limited access to funds.~
Striking Looks (1) 2 pts.  ~Naturally beautiful in a wholesome girl-next-door way.~
Strong Back (1) ~From having to do the lifting and the like of her parent.~
Barfly (1) ~Knows her way around clubs from her days before having to stay with her parent.~
Language (1) ~Latin~
Language (1) ~Spanish~

Just bouncing these around a bit.

The Great Triangle

So I count 13 dots worth of merits.  Remember that the 5th dot costs two and striking looks is a two dot merit.  I'd excise the merits that don't really contribute fully to your character concept or can be represented by specializations.  I'm also going to go ahead and simplify the system if people don't mind.

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

Character Sheet:

Abilities:

Power:     Finesse:     Resistance:

Mental Skills:

Academics:    Crafts:      Investigation:

Physical Skills:

Athletics:     Combat:     Stealth:

Social Skills:

Persuasion:   Socialize:    Streetwise:

Merits:

Disciplines:

Willpower:    Health:     Defense:    Blood:    Blood Potency:

Character Creation: 

All abilities start at one, add three points worth of increases, then three specialties.  Specialties add a +1 bonus to any dice pool or stat involving them, or a +2 bonus for a very narrow specialty.  The same +1 specialty may be selected twice to increase it to a +2 specialty.  Vampires get an additional specialty based on their clan.

All skills start at 0.  Choose a primary skill area  (physical, mental or social), and gain 5 points worth of skills.  Then select a secondary skill area, and gain four points worth of skills.  Finally, gain 3 points worth of skills in your tertiary skill area.  A character may not start with a skill rated at five dots.  After distributing skill dots, add 6 skill specialties.  Skill specialties work the same as ability specialties.

Gain 7 dots of merits for a vampire or ghoul, or 11 dots of merits for a mortal.  The 5th dot costs two points.  All merits from second sight, armory, reliquary and vampire supplements are allowed.

If playing a vampire, gain 3 dots of disciplines, two of which must be in clan.  If playing a ghoul, gain two dots of disciplines, one of which must be either Vigor, Celerity, or Resilience. 

A vampire's blood potency starts at 1, and may be increased for 3 merit dots.  A Ghoul's blood potency starts at 0 and may not be increased.  Mortals don't have a blood potency stat.

Health is equal to Resistance + 5, Defense is equal to Finesse and applies against mental attacks, Willpower is equal to twice Resistance, and starting blood for vampires is equal to 1d10 + 1/2 haven location + herd  For ghouls starting blood is equal to 1d6 + Regnant generosity + 1/2 city status.  After long time gaps in game play, blood pools will be emptied and starting blood will be rolled again.

Next I'll post which abilities and skills have been folded into one another and what the clan specialty affiliations are.

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

To calculate dice pools from WoD supplements, use guidelines of what skills and abilities have been collapsed into each other to determine your dice pool.  Sub skills and abilities of the ones on your character sheet make excellent specialties, and are the main +1 specialties.

Abilities:

Power: Intellegence, Strength, Presence

Finnesse: Wits, Dexterity, Manipulation

Resistance: Resolve, Stamina, Composure

Skills

Academics: Academics, Science
Crafts: Craft, Computer, Medicine   
Investigation: Investigation, Occult, Politics

Athletics: Athletics, Drive, Survival
Combat: Brawl, Firearms, Weaponry
Stealth: Larceny, Stealth

Persuasion: Animal Ken, Intimidation, Persuasion
Socialize: Empathy, Expression, Socialize
Streetwise: Streetwise, Subterfuge

Clan Ability Affinities:

Daeva: Finnesse
Gangrel: Resistance
Mekhet: Finnesse
Noseferatu: Power
Ventrue: Power

Experience costs:

Abilities: 12 x new dot
Skills: 9 x new dot
Ability Specialty: 8 points
Skill Specialty: 4 points
Merit: 2 x new dot
Discipline (vampire): 5 x new dot for in clan, 8 x new dot for out of clan.
Discipline (ghoul): 8 x new dot for vigor, celerity or resilience, 10 x new dot for any other discipline.
Blood Potency: 8 x new dot
Humanity: 3 x new dot
Morality: 2 x new dot

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Name: Edna Jones
MORTAL
Concept: Future Blood Companion
Virtue: Temperance
Vice: Lust

Picture of Character: http://fantasti.cc/user/drewhos/images/image/22061, is far more conservative at the moment but after she is vamped out will likely get a tad darker and even more luscious in her passions and desires.

Abilities:

Power: 2  (Intelligence +1)  Finesse: 2  (Manipulation +1)  Resistance: 2 (Composure +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2 (academics +1, science +1)  Crafts: 1 (computer +1)  Investigation: 1

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 1 (yoga +2)   Combat: 1   Stealth: 1

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 1  Socialize: 3 (empathy +2)  Streetwise: 1

Merits: Language (spanish) 1, Mentor 5, Resources 2, Striking Looks 1.

Disciplines: n/a

Willpower: 5   Health: 7    Defense: 2   Blood: 0   Blood Potency: 0

The Great Triangle

Your character sheet is perfect, except that your willpower should be 5 instead of 4 because you have a composure specialty.  Approved, of course.

Ons and Offs

gideonblake

Name: Aleksander Kuznetsov
GHOUL
Virtue: Diligence
Vice: Wrath
Concept: Bodyguard

Abilities:Power: 1 (Presence +1)   Finesse: 3  (Dexterety +1)  Resistance: 2 (Stamina +1)

Mental Skills: Academics: 0   Crafts: 1 (First Aid +2)      Investigation: 2

Physical Skills: Athletics: 2 (Drive +1)   Combat: 3 (Firearms +1 Pistols +2)   Stealth: 0

Social Skills: Persuasion: 1 (Intimidation +2)  Socialize: 0    Streetwise: 3

Merits: Regnant 4 (Power 3, generosity 1), Resources 1, (2 extra points)

Disciplines: Celerity 1 (can instantly gain +1 finesse for 1 blood)  Auspex 1 (constantly has superior senses) Dominate 1 (one word commands)

Willpower: 4    Health: 8     Defense: 3   Blood: ??   Blood Potency: 0 Morality: 6

Think that's all pretty much like it should be.

Elohim

Covenant:  Lancea Sanctum
Concept:    Inquistor
Virtue:       Faith
Vice:         Pride

Abilities:

Power:  2 (Str) (Presence 2)  Finesse:   2 (wits)   Resistance: 2

Mental Skills:

Academics:   2 (Theology)  Crafts:      Investigation:  1

Physical Skills:

Athletics:   1 (Pursuit) Combat:  2 (Melee)  Stealth:  1

Social Skills:

Persuasion:  3 (intimidation 2) Socialize:  2 (expression1)  Streetwise:

Merits:
Lancea Sanctum Status 2 (Inquisitor)
Language (Latin)
Language (Hebrew)
Haven      1
Relic        2 (I'm thinking a weapon I'll need help designing it)

Disciplines:
Nightmare   2
Theban        1

Known Rituals
Blood Scourge

Willpower:   4  Health:   7  Defense:  2  Blood:  10/???  Blood Potency:1

RubySlippers

Looks interesting here a mortal who has a scary Elder interested in her, a ghoul with an unspecified master or mistress and a vampire with delusion of gradeur. lol  (just kidding  ;)).

The Great Triangle

Alright, that concept looks pretty good Seraph.  I assume you're Noseferatu?   

Blood Scourge is always a fun way to defeat thine enemy.

I'll probobly wait a few more days for character concepts to come in before getting the game started.  With what we have, I'm going to go for a Seattle venue, so set up your character backgrounds accordingly.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

oops sorry about not noting that but yea,  she's a Nos.

BentNotBroken

I PMed Triange, im interested in playing, but i have no idea about system games with these points and whatnot. So i will need help creating a character. If any of you have the patience to help me that would be great :)

RubySlippers

MORTAL

Picture of Character: http://fantasti.cc/user/drewhos/images/image/22061, is far more conservative dressed at the moment but after she is vamped out will likely get a tad darker and even more luscious in her passions and desires.

Abilities:

Power: 2  (Intelligence +1)  Finesse: 2  (Manipulation +1)  Resistance: 2 (Composure +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2 (academics +1, science +1)  Crafts: 1 (computer +1)  Investigation: 1

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 1 (yoga +2)   Combat: 1   Stealth: 1

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 1  Socialize: 3 (empathy +2)  Streetwise: 1

Willpower: 5   Health: 7    Defense: 2   Blood: 0   Blood Potency: 0

Background History: under construction

PC approved but I added a pic link. For reference.

BentNotBroken

Name: (haven't decided yet)
MORTAL
Concept: Future Blood Companion/Mate
Virtue: ?

Picture of Character: http://fantasti.cc/user/drewhos/images/image/22264

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Presence +1) Finesse: 2 (Manipulation +1)  Resistance: 2 (Stamina +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2 (occult +1) Crafts: 0 Investigation: 1

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 2 (swimming +2)  Combat: 2 (Firearms +1, Brawl +1)  Stealth: 0

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 2 (seduction +2)  Socialize: 2 (Carousing +2) Streetwise: 1

Merits: Striking Looks 2, Fighting Style (Kung Fu) 1, Resources 2, Mentor (5)

Willpower: 4   Health: 8   Defense: 2   Blood: ??  Blood Potency: -

Character Background : Under Construction

RubySlippers

I know you can't have status as a Mortal, or disciplines or blood potency unless she is already a vampire. And Striking Looks is a nice merit but I suggest Mentor 5 since you main asset will be your Sire and lover, you want them to really like you. Thats the whole point of being their cuddle toy.

Love the pic though.

BentNotBroken

Well, i didnt make that sheet up lol Great Triangle did it for me, so you'll have to talk to him about that lol

Spider

Any room for another player? You allow bloodlines?

The Great Triangle

Yeah, bloodlines are allowed.  We have plenty of room for another player!

Also, Meggy, the character sheet you have is for a vampire.  Ruby's character has the same concept, but since she came up with it first it would be preferable if you deleted the word future from your character concept.  Unless you really want to figure things out some more, in which case I can get your character sheet edited.

Ons and Offs

Spider

What will the setting be? What is the powerstructure of the city? I have alot of ideas currently but depending on how the game will be played out, and how the chars interact (Group/Single) and dynamics (if group how put together and so on)

BentNotBroken

Quote from: Great Triangle on June 01, 2008, 07:18:00 PM
Yeah, bloodlines are allowed.  We have plenty of room for another player!

Also, Meggy, the character sheet you have is for a vampire.  Ruby's character has the same concept, but since she came up with it first it would be preferable if you deleted the word future from your character concept.  Unless you really want to figure things out some more, in which case I can get your character sheet edited.

Ohok, i didnt realize. Sorry Ruby! :) Don't want to step  on anyone's toes. Can you help me get my character sheet edited Great Triangle?

The Great Triangle

@ Meggy Yeah, just PM me.  If you want to play a vampire, then no editing will be needed.

As for the setting, the game takes place in Seattle, and will be a small game focusing on political and personal machinations of the vampires of the city.  At the start, the Circle of the Crone controls the city through and unorthodox alliance with the Invictus, while the Lancea Sanctum projects considerable might through their inquisitors.  The Carthians remain undefined, and the Ordo Dracul will most likely end up being the odd puppy out as far as power goes.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

And my character isn't there yet. This is fine we are still working the kinks out and all. Since your Sire is a player mentor is not a biggy for your character, for me it is she is a POWERFUL NPC and with a blood potency nearly at or at 7 its important I have a high mentor score.

I was thinking barely at 7 close enough she has to find a vampire to feed on shortly and not quite there yet, so her last meal of mortal blood would be from her new consort after some role-playing to get there.

One thing since we have several players can you as one of the mods to give this game a real spot in the game like they used to do.

The Great Triangle

That happens once all of the threads in the game hit 1000 posts.  I am going to be trying to do it.

Ons and Offs

Spider

Im working on a char, need to find me books, I generally dont play VtR that much. Oh yes Black dogish or WoD lite? Sexual content? And to fellow players, what you want from the game? (last is just me being curious no need to answer)

Elohim

I've actually suggested extreme so I can go Torquemada on peoples asses..  but, I'm sure most people won't be interested in that.

The Great Triangle

The game will be fairly gory, at least noncon, and it will be placed in the extreme category if a plurality of players wish it to be so.

Books won't particularly be neccesary, although you will need a reference for disciplines and merits.  You can alway PM me and figure out what fits your character based on concept.

Ons and Offs

Spider

Ok. Another question (I know sorry lots of question, but I generally dont play Vamp. Go Mage, Go Uratha, Go Lost)

It will be alot of player protagonism, as from my experience, personal machinations conflict mostly. Also... vamps are rather paranoid... so casual sozilisation generally isnt in question. So Im also curious about player interaction.

The Great Triangle

Casual socialization occurs at Elysium, a designated spot in the city where vampires can meet.  Particularly generous princes even provide a blood doll or two for public use in Elysium.  Political conflict will be a big part of the game, but people have to actually pretend to be happy at social functions.  Fighting in Elysium is one of the most serious crimes in any domain, comparable in severity to siring a vampire without permission or a nice healthy masquerade breach.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Well my concept was inspired by some vampire films like The Hunger a powerful vampire needing a safe source of food that can also be a worthy companion with a gentle aspect to not seek power, too much. More of an intimate relationship approach to the game a testing of her limits and of course culling the favor of a powerful Sire into benefits to increase my characters security. My idea will be to have three tests of her Sires trust in her and to show her commitment, after she finds out the woman is a vampire with interests in her. Two simpler ones and one big final one. To allow role-playing before the big night. So in short she can get along with almost anyone she won't be seeking power very fast and likely not be a typical Invictus recruit, not that is a problem she has one role to keep her Sire fed and happy.

As for content this sexy vampire movies with violence kind of there but not big on her end, she is not much of a fighter and would likely avoid combat.

As I see it on her end she has little ambition, will likely really love her Sire even before the embrace comes and won't willingly endanger her mistress and might be the approachable vampire that is the one that is not a likely threat herself.

gideonblake

My character concept was that I would be Ruby's bodyguard, or someone's bodyguard. An elder like that would want constant protection for her foodsource, I would imagine.  Kind of stalkerish while she's a mortal, but not overt, but there to do anything during the trial period, as it were. If that's not gonna work for whatever reason, then I'm sure I can figure something else out, perhaps tying my character in with meggy's.

The Great Triangle

That works just fine, and you've already got your character sheet, so you're good to go.  I'm still waiting on SteveJ101 to get back from his absence and complete a character sheet, and I'm also waiting on character sheets from Ananasi and Shadowz.

Once I get all that squared away, and determine whether the game goes in noncon or extreme, the game can begin.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Whats going on are we going to start this at some point?

The Great Triangle

We'll be getting started once two players, Shadowz and Stevej88, get their characters in.  I might be willing to start the game earlier if I can get some support from Seraph and Meggymagos, who will be playing against those two and will be most affected by starting without them.

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

I don't mind when we start. Will my character just notparticipate until Stevej gets back and can start too? how would that work?

The Great Triangle

You would most likely end up playing with the circle of the crone vampires as they hemmed you in for the pleasure of the prince.

I'm not sure how Seraph feels about starting without Shadowz though.  We'd also need a final word about an extreme rating.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

Her sheet is close to complete...  working out the kinks a bit.  Tossing around merits and stuff...

RubySlippers

MORTAL

Picture of Character: http://fantasti.cc/user/drewhos/images/image/22061, is far more conservative dressed at the moment but after she is vamped out will likely get a tad darker and even more luscious in her passions and desires.

Abilities:

Power: 2  (Intelligence +1)  Finesse: 2  (Manipulation +1)  Resistance: 2 (Composure +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2  (Philosophy +2)  Crafts: 1  (Computer Applications +2, Non-Fiction Writing +2)  Investigation: 1 (Cut Through Red Tape +2)

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 1   (Yoga +2)  Combat: 1   Stealth: 1

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 2  Socialize: 2  (Conversation +2)  Streetwise: 1

Willpower: 5   Health: 7    Defense: 2   Blood: 0   Blood Potency: 0

Background History:

Born the illigitimate child of a wealthy young man who had an affair with her mother she was born to Miriam Jones in Seattle, and grew up in the working classes her mother a hardworking food server and later hostess at a popular upscale restaurant Scalini's Italian Restaurante. She did well in school attending private schools in the area paid for by money from her father and then her mother got very sick with a chronic eventually fatale illness. Putting off college she decided to stay home and take care of her mother, teach herself reading whatever she could get her hands on and taking part of regular friendly debates at the local colleges squeezing on one class a semester. She became adept as navigating the red tape of government and private programs to get her mother the best care and make her life comfortable. She recently met a beautiful somewhat older woman with a fine mind at her favorite coffee shop and used bookstore THE BOOK NOOK at night she is enjoying spending time with (Sire to be) who seems to be very well off. And she recently found out she has a half-sister (merrymegos character) who is coming to the city and is eager to meet her even though save for money her father never did much for her.

Possessions: A rather large personal library of used paperback books mostly classic great works and especially philosophy, computer with desk and high-speed dialup internet service from a low cost provider, entertainment center (not particularly nice), red electric moped (new), ID, Cash, Visa Debit Card, Clothes (mostly from thrift stores and things on sale), personal grooming items, pre-paid cell phone (basic) and a little low cost silver jewelry.

BentNotBroken

Name: Gabriella Ricci  "Gabby" for short.
MORTAL
Concept: Future Blood Companion/Mate
Virtue: ?

Picture of Character: http://fantasti.cc/user/drewhos/images/image/22264

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Presence +1) Finesse: 2 (Manipulation +1)  Resistance: 2 (Stamina +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 2 (occult +1) Crafts: 0 Investigation: 1

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 2 (swimming +2)  Combat: 2 (Firearms +1, Brawl +1)  Stealth: 0

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 2 (seduction +2)  Socialize: 2 (Carousing +2) Streetwise: 1

Merits: Striking Looks 2, Fighting Style (Kung Fu) 1, Resources 2, Mentor (5)

Willpower: 4   Health: 8   Defense: 2   Blood: ??  Blood Potency: -

Background History:

Born an only child from a wealthy home, Gabby grew up privileged. A southern girl, 18 years old. Petite, very pretty, but not stuck on herself. From a rich family. Nice person. Well liked, popular. Innocent, rather naive about the world. Believed everyone was basically good. She just moved to the city Seattle  from her small southern town. After finding out that she has a half-sister in Seattle (RubySlippers character), and determined to meet her, she uses that as motivation to pack up and move to Seattle.  She wanted a change of pace and to make her own way in the world and not depend on Daddy's money. Working as a waitress and going to college part time. She's an excellent swimmer and is learning martial arts in a self defense class, as well as having a small handgun for protection. A small town girl, in a big city, trying to make it own her own.

Recently, Gabby stumbled upon something she wasn't supposed to see. A vampire (Stevej101's character) killing a human. Now strange things were happening...she kept feeling like she was being followed. Little did she know her life was about to change, forever.

Darthvegeta800

As invited, i popped up.  ;D
I'd love to join in.
I may need some help ruleswise though. I have some knowledge of the world's feel and background but it is basic.

The Great Triangle

Alright, do any of the clans and/or political factions interest you?  Would you like to play a vampire, a ghoul, or a mortal?  If you're playing a ghoul, you don't have to decide on a clan, and if you're playing a mortal, you can skip out on vampire politics completely until you become lunch.

Ons and Offs

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: Great Triangle on June 09, 2008, 05:09:05 PM
Alright, do any of the clans and/or political factions interest you?  Would you like to play a vampire, a ghoul, or a mortal?  If you're playing a ghoul, you don't have to decide on a clan, and if you're playing a mortal, you can skip out on vampire politics completely until you become lunch.

Depends on the theme/focus of the rp.

Though i do like lawful, dutyful Vampires. I believe one of the Clans in the setting was like that no? Honor and the likes were valued. A civilized clan.

The Great Triangle

The theme is political conflict.

As for civilized vampires, there's two political factions (covenants) of that nature in the game, the Invictus, who believe that vampires should rule from the shadows by a hierarchical system, and the Carthians, who believe that vampires should form a symbiotic community with humans. 

As for a civilized, honor based clan, the Ventrue clan is most focused on honor, a tendency reinforced by their trademark power of dominate, a mind control power.  The toreador bloodline are also into honor, and I'm sure there are a lot of honor focused bloodlines if you wanted to get really specific. 

In the setting though, of being civilized and feeding on humans, a vampire can only accomplish one of these things, since a careless vampire is a dead vampire.  If duty appeals to you, you may be interested in the covenant of the Lancea Sanctum, a Catholic vampire faction who focus on herding humans like cattle and making sure vampires use their immortal lives responsibly.

Ons and Offs

Darthvegeta800

The Invictus and Carthians seem quite interesting.
Is there one that is best described as fascist (conservative, disciplined, expansionist)?

Elohim

That would be The Invictus.  Everything means something to them,  the clothes they wear, the flowers they carry,  jewelry,  everything conveys some hidden meaning.

The Great Triangle

Pretty much, although expansionism goes against traditional Invictus mores and makes you into more of a young turk type of character.  That can provide conflict and spice to the game though.

Ons and Offs

Darthvegeta800

I've read up a bit on the factions. The Order of Dragul seems interesting (sworn of the Axe) but above all the Invictus. They seem quite Machiavellistic and pragmatic and anti-anarchy. I like that.  ;D
I think i'll go for that faction. Are there already other players planning or having made a char in that faction?

Elohim

*Smiles*  Carry your sins close to your heart...  or be ready to face the retribution of the damned. 

The Great Triangle

Currently, RubySlippers is playing the future food source of the leader of the Invictus.  The Invictus are the number 2 faction in the city, their influence far outstripping their rather paltry numbers.

Ons and Offs

Darthvegeta800

Yummie. Lol.
I'll try to read up a bit more on powers/atmosphere etc.
I remember having a 2+hour conversation with some rpers of the pre WoD setting. (they played Werewolf and Requiem) And a lengthy one just about Requiem with a larper that worked at the hobbystore i go to.
I found it quite fascinating.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Great Triangle on June 10, 2008, 03:15:53 AM
Currently, RubySlippers is playing the future food source of the leader of the Invictus.  The Invictus are the number 2 faction in the city, their influence far outstripping their rather paltry numbers.

Food source, consort, lover and likely somewhat useful asset vassal she could get a meal from any rabble thank you very much.

>:(

LOL

Another Invictus- excellent.

And I was thinking of a role for my character I was kind of thinking of exploiting new markets I can't gain power in the game stealing assets from Elders and it might threaten their other interests, so I will likely focus on her. First she needs a herd eventually animal blood will not suffice and it tastes yucky anyway and she need ample retainers for her duties to be fulfilled. And of course hone her skills perhaps earning a college degree and develop a modest asset or two. I have a few ideas of good accredited schools that offer bachelors degrees so that might be a good option, a non-traditional distance learning education for role-playing purposes.

Darthvegeta800

Euhm. If i say okay good idea... will that ensure you won't break my legs my dear? ^^

RubySlippers

Why, me hurt you, no she is a lover and scholar in training not a fighter. That's what ghoul hit squads are for.

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 10, 2008, 04:16:54 PM
Why, me hurt you, no she is a lover and scholar in training not a fighter. That's what ghoul hit squads are for.

Lol. Touché. Guess he'd better behave around you lest an ill-smelling group drops by one day with baseball bats and uzi's.

RubySlippers

She can't the structure makes her the vassal of her Sire and your the vassal of her and then your character Sire if he is in the city. So she would not likely want to attack another Invictus they have mediators for that to avoid such messy problems. In any case she is not overly ambitious her role is to keep her Sire well fed, happy and have one vampire she can utterly trust.

Odds are your character and mine could be friendly enough with each other.

The Great Triangle

Unless they really don't want to be.

;D

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Of course but its a cold night and in a faction full of elders we youngsters should stick together, not she is a vampire yet so odds are the Invictus leader will order her off limits.

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 10, 2008, 04:27:19 PM
She can't the structure makes her the vassal of her Sire and your the vassal of her and then your character Sire if he is in the city. So she would not likely want to attack another Invictus they have mediators for that to avoid such messy problems. In any case she is not overly ambitious her role is to keep her Sire well fed, happy and have one vampire she can utterly trust.

Odds are your character and mine could be friendly enough with each other.

Was merely joking ^^
If i wanted to play with the psychopaths i think other factions might have been more preferable no? *smiles amused*
Wasn't there a group that was quite degenerate? I remember there being a videogame of this setting, one of the factions was quite freakfilled.

RubySlippers

You mean (from Wiki):

Belial's Brood

A loose confederation of Satanists, demon-worshippers and overt miscreants. The Covenant claims that the Damned originate from Hell itself, and exalt in the spread of misery and pain.

They are intended to be more straightforward enemies than other antagonists that might be fought against in The Requiem, as their goals (spreading wanton misery and violence, heedless of whether or not they expose the existence of vampires) are antithetical to nearly any character.

RubySlippers

So can we start soon at least setting things up?  :-\

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 11, 2008, 09:29:47 AM
You mean (from Wiki):

Belial's Brood

A loose confederation of Satanists, demon-worshippers and overt miscreants. The Covenant claims that the Damned originate from Hell itself, and exalt in the spread of misery and pain.

They are intended to be more straightforward enemies than other antagonists that might be fought against in The Requiem, as their goals (spreading wanton misery and violence, heedless of whether or not they expose the existence of vampires) are antithetical to nearly any character.

If they look disgusting then it's them yes.

Elohim

actually what your thinking about are Nosferatu of the Sabbat,  probably from bloodlines...  or you may be thinking about Clan Tzimisce also sabbat,  from the original Vampire the Masquerade game.  This is a different world,  with altered clans and sects.

Darthvegeta800

Aaah i see. So that's why i didn't find some of the familiar ones.
Thanks miss. ^^

The Great Triangle

Alright, I've gone and posted a character roster thread in Exotic system small games.  Go ahead and post your character sheets there.  Around midnight or so, I'll put up the Elysium thread that will act as the central hub thread of the game.  From there, you guys can start making your individual character threads.

The Character Roster Thread

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Okee Dokey I selected a few goals nothing dramatic but she is a mortal so her goals are less impressive but should be good for role-playing.

gideonblake

Alright, I posted mine as well.

The Great Triangle

Unfortunately, becoming a full vampire really isn't an acceptable long term goal unless you want your character to be really and truly put upon Gideon.  Also note that vampirism is a curse, so wanting to be "promoted" to a vampire is a sure sign of a deranged mind.  You can still have the goal if you want it, just be advised that you'll have some nasty side effects from it. 

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

For example my character has a long term goal to provide for her mother. Her Sire will likely use that offering her mother unlimited care and comforts for her becoming her consort including vampirism. It may be a curse but her duty is to her mother right now and in a twisted way it would free her from being the constant caregiver likely a duty she is secretly tired of, not in a bad way. So I can see strong role-playing opportunity with that on my end.

The Great Triangle

Just remember that your long term goal will, except in the rarest of circumstances, only ever be acheived once, so it should be something that truly defines your character. 

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Well I came up with one that should fit with her being a rather old fashioned lad in some senses of the word and with a romantic streak, its likely her Sire can fit the bill after a great deal of role-playing in a dark and twisted sense of her hearts desire. What higher goal can one have than finding true love or in her case some blood bonding mystical joining at a level beyond mortal passions and the awakening of her darker passions.

At that moment she would turn from a mortal to a creature of dark lust and close to her mistress.

Or it might never be achieved a hopeless goal that she will strive for but never get.

Either way ripe for role-playing.

Darthvegeta800

I'll need some help with the bio myself. As i don't have the rules, as you already know.

BentNotBroken

Has Stevej101 posted his character sheet yet? when do we start? :)

RubySlippers

My character has her big goal, one that a vampire likely could never enjoy especially a Daeva success in, but it will just add to the horror as her truest desire slips away night after night. The GM never said the goal had to ever be reached did he?

The Great Triangle

That's correct.  SteveJ hasn't sent a character sheet, and we're still technically waiting on Aninasi.  I'll go ahead and try to get the Elysium thread up though.

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

And the Elysium thread is now ready.  When your characters leave the nightclub, feel free to create your own threads to represent where they go.  Make sure to indicate which thread you are transferring to though.   

Elysium

Character Roster

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

This may be a stupid question GT, but...umm...What exactly is the Elysium? :)

Elohim

Elysium is essentially a vampiric safe haven.  It's where kindred can gather without fear of having to protect themselves from the other predators.

BentNotBroken

Ohok. So is it possible for me to start playing in the game without Stevej101?

Elohim

You should probably talk to Triangle about that.

Shadowz

My character sheet is done and dusted and posted... thanks muchly Seraph... *kisses you softly*

Elohim

*Returns the soft kiss*  don't be thanking me yet,  Mr.T has allowed me to put my thread in Extreme...  were going to have lots and lots of fun!

Shadowz

Quote from: Seraph on June 13, 2008, 03:31:48 PM
*Returns the soft kiss*  don't be thanking me yet,  Mr.T has allowed me to put my thread in Extreme...  were going to have lots and lots of fun!

Then I will be having much to thank you for... I know we both share that same sense of fun!

BentNotBroken

I love your avatar Shadowz! Very fitting for this story especially! :)

Stevej101

Sorry I'm late in getting to this thread, going to have to try to catch up after the weekend if you all still need me.  Was not the best day at work for postiness.
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

Of course we still need you! :)

Stevej101

OK, I'm going to need a little help with the sheet I think, I lost my books :(

Meg and I were talking in PM with her relaying to GT and this is the concept we had pretty much worked up;

My character (to be named when I can actually come up with one) is one of several generations back, (clan to be determined by need of story teller). He has though much luck and a little of his own trickery managed to secure his place as the prince of the city.

Little escapes his information net and he is pretty much aware of every vampire in the city, making a point of knowing a good deal about any that would be a threat to his position.

Megs' hook,

The girl he takes was more of a random event, he was feeding one night and she stumbled across the scene.  He grabbed her and was about to make her his second course, the fresh blood giving him fire in his eyes, but still, a moment before she became a second corpse in the alley he realized how beautiful she was.  In that moment he gave her the choice, life everlasting as his or a swift death.

Not sure if things have changed since we talked about this before I was out but if this is good to start then maybe a little PM assist for the character sheet if someone with the books would be so kind?
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

My character is not mystically marked for reference its a drink wristband one might get for underage persons that has a "don't mess with her" written on it in a way Kindred would recognize. She has no special ties to the Elder, yet. She doesn't even know the womans name just she is fun to talk to and interesting.

Stevej101

OK, here is your prince (charming maybe not)

Character Sheet: Gordon Breslin  (SteveJ101)
Clan Ventrue

Abilities:8

Power:  4   Finesse: 4     Resistance: 3

Mental Skills:5

Academics: 3   Crafts: 0     Investigation: 2

Physical Skills:4 +2

Athletics: 1    Combat: 2    Stealth: 3

Social Skills:6 +2

Persuasion:  4 Socialize: 4   Streetwise: 1

Merits:23
Allies: 4
City Status: 6
Haven: 3
Resources: 6
Status (circle of the crone): 4

Disciplines:11
Dominate (clan):5 
Majesty: 4
Resilience (clan):2

Willpower:6
Health:8
Defense:4
Blood:14
Blood Potency: 5 

now all I have to do is find the game   *looks for his thread GPS unit*

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I'm not sure if its a good idea to have the Prince a player, its kind of unbalancing.

Elohim

I can understand allowing him a bit more points if your a fan of his RP,  but,  I have to agree A PC prince with 112 EXP points in blood potency alone when every other character is at base power level as...  a bit daunting.

RubySlippers

I think having a PC anywhere higher up in the power structure unbalancing even as a sheriff or the like those positions should be earned and role-played to get. If you want to do that why not seperate games one for elders and one for mortals becoming vampires and new vampires.

And I would scrap the goals system its not going to be used by me that often and it seems to make progression far too fast.

The Great Triangle

I don't really think that fast progression is too much of a problem really.  Vampire the Requiem isn't like Masquerade; the Prince will die like any other dog if he's outnumbered.  His only real asset is his social standing, but that will corrode if he doesn't behave justly.

Additionally, Elder vampires lack specializations, and don't receive xp, due to the Ennui of immortality.  Therefore, it will be quite possible for younger vampires to stand up to them, particularly by outmaneuvering them socially.  Even people high up on the power structure, like the Sheriff, still have to worry about a dark alley and a shallow grave. 

However, I can remove PC elders from the game if you'd like, but I don't think it will be too much of a burden in the nWOD system, at least not if PCs use their xp reserves to recruit allies and generally use their youth well.  And then, there's always diablerie...

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

HUH?  :o  What language was that? B/c I didn't understand shit! lol

RubySlippers

No biggy when my mighty blood cult rises in the night and the blades and torches of my hunters stalk the Prince and his supporters all will fall before me. mwhahahahahahahah

just kidding

BentNotBroken

LOL you crack me up Ruby  ;D

Darthvegeta800

*nods open-eyed*
Euhm... okay.
I think i got that... kind of.

Stevej101

Ok, I have a PM from GT explaining some of the problems you are thinking about and I will tell you here as I replied to him.

It is not my intent to have the Prince use his mind control and various powers to rule with an Iron fist.  My main reason for joining is because meggymeg begged so sweetly to come in and be her partner.

The role of the prince, as I see it, will be more political, trying to keep the various factions in some form of order.  Will he use his abilities?  Yes, of course, but he is not going to gather a harem.  He will use them ever so slightly perhaps to sway a decision from someone sitting on the fence.

I have not worked out a full idea of where the politics of the game are starting of for that natter, headed, and a PM or 12 with thoughts from you guys would be cool.

Hell, maybe if we work at it a little we could even make GT have to think as the Storyteller, no reason we could not give him a little challenge as well :D

Anyway, that all I have to say about that, I want to hear from friends and foes of the Prince, let's see if we can not have a good time with this game ok?

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

No biggy my character is likely to avoid the Court and politics her duties lay elsewhere. And stability is a good thing so a war over the throne would really be a bad thing.

The Great Triangle

The main political struggle in the city will most likely be the Lancea Sanctum trying to avoid being an obscure faction.  The sanctified don't believe in preserving their Humanity, so their actions may end up raising some eyebrows from the other factions. 

It'll really be up to the players, however, whether or not they can really take the risk of letting the sanctum open up more missing persons cases as opposed to the difficulty of fighting the sanctified.  They may lack money, but they have vast herds from their churches and large numbers of deadly warriors. 

I may also decide to throw either a cell of VII or Belial's Brood into the mix to make things more exciting.  Anyone who wants to secretly, (or overtly) work for one of these antisocial secret factions go ahead and PM me. 

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I added ONS/OFFS to my character sheet, please read them everyone, they are to immediately be applied and since the vampire is now effectively raping my character the scene is over you may FADE TO BLACK or change the Elders interests to be less controlling and we can continue. Or I can drop Edna and do another character where you can write up an elder that would be more suited to softer role-playing aspects. I'm sorry but I won't go where some of you want to with this game I wanted originally a romantic seduction into the darkness with a vampire she loved and who likely was just as interested in her. Even if the blood bond twisted that to something else in the end the food source role was really secondary to the lover, consort and friend aspect she was selected for.

And since I consider the current scene rape its something I don't feel comfortable with at all role-playing it out.

Hanna

Is this game active and recruiting? I was wondering if i could join up? I will have to find my old books, and will need some help as i haven't played for ages, and even then my friend helped me through most of it, so i didn't get a good grasp of the rules.

Something along the lines of the "Scheming Enforcers" mentioned in the players wanted forum

RubySlippers

I'm not the Storyteller for the game but we need all the players we can get in my opinion.

Hanna

Yay ;D

Ill dig out my books and start with the re-learning of the basic rules.  :-\ might take a while

The Great Triangle

Yep, I'm the ST of the game.  I'm perfectly happy to have another player!   :)   

It would be nice to have another PC working in the city, then I'd pretty much have enough players to start setting up events outside individual storylines.  Are you familiar with the various vampire clans?

Also, of the various political factions, which sounds most interesting to you?  You don't have to be part of the Circle of the Crone to be part of the Prince's government, although he'll consider you less of a threat that way.  (if you keep your head down.) 

Ons and Offs

BentNotBroken

Hey Hanna, welcome to the game :) Where'd you find your avatar pic? It's cute!

RubySlippers

Quote from: The Great Triangle on June 23, 2008, 03:23:50 PM
Yep, I'm the ST of the game.  I'm perfectly happy to have another player!   :)   

It would be nice to have another PC working in the city, then I'd pretty much have enough players to start setting up events outside individual storylines.  Are you familiar with the various vampire clans?

Also, of the various political factions, which sounds most interesting to you?  You don't have to be part of the Circle of the Crone to be part of the Prince's government, although he'll consider you less of a threat that way.  (if you keep your head down.) 

We need a Cathian presence, come on it will make things interesting.

Hanna

Hehe thanks Meggy, i got it from some lingerie photoshoot on the internet, the photoshopped it. I like yours too :D

Ah not very familiar with it at all. I will do some reading today and get back to you on who i want to be.

RubySlippers

Maybe I need to do another character seems like my character is about to be disappeared. lol

BentNotBroken

lol What happend Ruby? I thought that Eliza was going to keep you as her child, or whatever.

Stevej101

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 23, 2008, 05:07:50 PM
Maybe I need to do another character seems like my character is about to be disappeared. lol

I don't intend to make her disappear, I think we are about to have a party of a most interesting sort at my haven. :D

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

Actually, I've mostly decided that the Carthian movement won't be present in Seattle, since I don't find the Carthians terribly interesting and we've already got a pretty good dynamic going with the Invictus/Circle of the Crone alliance vs. the Lancea Sanctum.

The power dynamics I've worked out (which will be getting to those entitled to them soon, I promise.)  do include a small (4-5 vampire) Ordo Dracul presence, which mostly acts as a political spoiler and occasional ally of the Lancea Sanctum.  (since they happen to worship the same God.  They don't neccesarily beleive in the same God, but they worship him alright.    ;))

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

There is one faction your missing the Unaligned. I was thinking as I PM'd a traveling unaligned Daeva bedding the Prince might choose to Embrace my character to get back at her new rival the half-sister. What better way then to curse her own half-sister and unleashing her on the city as a Daeva. And one biased against the Covenant system after all Daeva do see themselves as the only REAL Kindred the rest are imitation of their perfection. mwhahahahahahahahahahaha

Its that or kill my character but I like Edna. So its up to the Prince if you want to kill her she would agree to work with him on the cover up for taking care of her mother and a gentle death, that would make it easier and maybe she could make love to a nice woman once before she gets killed.

Hanna

Well i have done a character sheet, now all i need is the bio, which should come soon. (I want to finish the bio before i post it, and i dont have the time now) I hope i have done everything right... And i dont understand how you get the blood bit...

Name: Katrina Black
Vampire
Concept: Khaibit thief-for-hire. (Information gatherer, spy etc. You name it she will do it.)
Virtue: Prudence

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Intelligence +1)     Finesse: 3 (Dexterity +2 [Khaibit accounts for second], Wits +1)    Resistance: 1

Mental Skills:

Academics: 1    Crafts: 1     Investigation: 2 (Occult +1)

Physical Skills:

Athletics:1   Combat: 2 (Firearms-Pistols +1)   Stealth: 2 (Larceny & Stealth +1 each)

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 1 (Persuasion +1)   Socialize: 0 (Socialize +1)  Streetwise: 2

Merits: Ambidextrous (***) Gunslinger (***) Quick Draw - Firearms (*)

Disciplines: Auspex (*) Obtenebration (**)

Clan: Mekhet

Bloodline: Khaibit [Asp]

Willpower: 2   Health: 6    Defense: 3   Blood: _   Blood Potency: 1

RubySlippers

The CLAN is Mekhet, the BLOODLINE is Khaibit so you should seperate them. I like the character if they are ever in the same haunting grounds and I have a Daeva we have to get them in bed.

And to get blood find a mortal and drain them there you go, or in HER case stray dogs or rats would do.  ;D

Stevej101

Quote from: Hanna on June 24, 2008, 07:11:15 AM
Concept: Khaibit thief-for-hire. (Information gatherer, spy etc. You name it she will do it.)

Gods I do love it when a woman says that.  Of course I love it more when the mean it. :D

Sorry, mad ravings, it's still morning here and I need more coffee.

Ons and Offs

Hanna

Ok great. Oh and i added an extra dexterity point for the Khaibit bloodline

And well she will do anything, as long as it pays enough...  ;)

RubySlippers

Then get naked on your back with a cash register next to her. lol

The Great Triangle

Your character looks good enough, although your pistols specialty actually provides a +2 bonus when using a pistol.  (although it does not stack with your firearms specialty.)

As a bloodline member you're supposed to have a blood potency of 2.  (This costs 3 merit dots)  You can submit your character as is, but before you buy anything else with experience points you'll have to buy blood potency 2.  (it costs 16 xp.  You can get 5 or 10 xp by dropping your humanity if you like.)

Since your character does not have any resources, I'll say that you start with 2 stolen 9mm pistols (a Glock 17 [17 shot pistol, damage 2L] and a Berretta Model 92 [15 shot pistol, damage 2L])  A hand me down motor scooter (in black), A heavy leather trenchcoat (armor 1, 0 against firearms), 40 odd bullets, and a pair of sunglasses.

Your character most likely relies on public restrooms, dumpsters (in remote locations on days other than garbage day), and sewers to stay safe from the sun during the day, due to her lack of a permanent haven or any money.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Well she should be had cheap them by clients.  ;D

Hanna

16 exp? Isnt it only 8? Thats what your list says. And yay a pair of sunglasses ;D

Oh and your humanity starts at 7 right? I might sell 2 points to get more ex. As a thief i dont think it will be that useful to have anything above 5, and i would lose them fast anyway.

The Great Triangle

The cost of blood potency is 8 times the dots you're buying, not the dots you already have.  (sorry, this is a change made from the old world of darkness to avoid the inconvenient old trait/new trait cost dichotomy.)

Ons and Offs

Hanna

Well i will pay for it with 3 merit points, then use the 10 exp from losing 2 humanity to buy three merit points to buy the ability i lost for the blood point.

The Great Triangle

Good enough for me! 

You'll probobly start the game with a contract from the prince, possibly the same contract that Zayaah's character is working.  If your character is even remotely social, you should most likely do a breif introduction in the Elysium thread (and possibly go and PM one of the victims if you want to do some quick play.) before heading off on missions and such.

Ons and Offs

Hanna

I posted the character info, after i wrote up the bio...

RubySlippers

Are you attached to a Covenant, or are you practical and sensible and remain Unaligned?  ;D

Stevej101

Should I start a new area for the prince in the Haven, his study or office?  I got Megs character there but I don't know that jumping into Elizas thread would be quite right.  Unless we want to go for shock factor for his guest :)

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Doesn't matter but shock can be good its not like megs character won't find out everyone is a vampire soon. But why not do your own thread as a thread?

Hanna

Yep unaligned, I've added that now.

RubySlippers

Good welcome to the club then, fuck The System!  ;D

Seriously my character is Unaligned on philosophical and pragmatic grounds not for political activism.

Stevej101

Sorry all,

Lost the story here and am just not able to get the character into my head any more.  The prince bows out to the land of NPC.

Nothing against any of you or anything that you did, want to be sure that you all understand that.

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

That's perfectly fine, nice having you in the game.  I'll go ahead and PM Meggy to see what she wants to do about the Prince, although I doubt I'll be seeking a replacement player.  Nice to have you in the game though!

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Well then Gabby will make a wonderful lover to myself and Eliza, as for the Prince we can do better like Eliza the Invictus should run the affairs of the city anyway. She can assign kinsmen of the Covenant certain authority to run things after all and keep them preoccupied with gaining power their ties to their Covenant should assure there is no problem with Eliza becoming Prince. After all there is no one around to protect the worm from an angry Elder vampire.

And the Sanctum and Ordo Dracul can be assigned the former positions held by the Crones here and there to demote that threat to a whimper.

Why not the Prince is more a manager they often delegate authority and it would significantly increase my character security and I could buy a dot in City Status and later another, and I could assure lots of perks for my Edna.