Music that really GRATES on you

Started by Captain Maltese, May 16, 2008, 07:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

We all have some kind of music that makes us reach for the radio's station selector, sometimes with an axe. Britney, german polka, something.

Me? I can't stand love songs. They remind me of what I haven't had or believed in, for too long.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Sabby

I recommend 'I Hate Love Songs' by Gwar

And for me, currently, its Soulja Boy -_- had it stuck in my head a few weeks now and whenever I finally start to forget the radio has to play it.

Caeli

Bad rap. Bad hip hop. That includes what's on most popular radio stations.

And female vocalists with pitch high voices. -____-

GIRL GROUPS. Happy pop songs. Ugh.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Elvi

Jazz.....good jazz, bad jazz, mediocre jazz....I just can't get on with it at all....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Ariabella

Opera and anything sung with a whiney voice. *shudders*
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Sabby

Somgs with a lack of words -_- 'uhh' 'jeahh' 'uhuh' and 'yeowehuh' are not lyrics.

Hunter

Elandra

Twangy Country....and I have to second Caeli's Girl Groups, high pitched girly voices. *shudders*
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Storiwyr

Anything repetitive that gets stuck in my head and will not come out no matter how many times I listen to something GOOD in a vain, desperate attempt to replace it.

I.E. Mmmbop or whatever the hell it is. I'm Blue with the totally incomprehensible lyrics.

Also, anything that has a really similar chord progression to another song, so that any time I hear it, I think of the other song and the two mix in my head. The only example I can think of right now is Drops of Jupiter by Train, which has a chord progression identical to Drift Away by Dobie Gray (and the million other groups that've covered it.)

And last, but not least, songs in which the singer alters the rules of grammar/pronunciation of a word just to make it fit the song/rhyme scheme. Best example I can think of at the moment is Paula Cole's song "I Don't Want To Wait" ... "Say a little prayer for I." *twitch* Wouldn't have been a bad song without that.
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

calamity

Anything in the country genre that has been made in the past 30 years, excepting Johnny Cash.

Techno.  Disco.  Gangsta rap (some hip-hop is great - like true poetry, but "I'm gonna drop it like it's hot suck on my balls bitch bang bang holla" doesn't do it for me).
O&O

Sabby

MissJ

Metal and stuff that is even louder. I don't like music that cause headaches :)

dreamvision

Avant-garde 'experimental' music.

Noise.

I love the idea of artists pushing the envelope, but there is definitely a point where I need a bit of convention to smooth it all out. As much as I like the idea of it all ...

I just cannot get into it sometimes.

National Acrobat

Rap and Commericalized Country music. Can't stand either one.

Chilly

I really can't stand anything on the radio.

But I can sure as hell groove to anything that has something to do with the word "rave".

chronosmaker

Rap. Most metal. Rap. Most opera. Rap. Most country. Rap. Did I mention Rap? Oh and Rap. And of course there is RAP!

Freaking hate Rap...
'Who are you now? Wait, what am I supposed to be doing? Ah well, I'm sure stabbing you in the face is close enough.'-Me when waking up in the morning.

Ons and Offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16570.0
(No I'm not going to make it fancy looking...)

Ket

Quote from: Chilly on June 17, 2008, 03:14:34 PM
I really can't stand anything on the radio.

But I can sure as hell groove to anything that has something to do with the word "rave".
-smiles and hands you a pair of glowsticks-

Metal.  It just bugs me.

And this new pop country stuff.  Grrrrrr.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Gathering Wilderness

Also any music labeled as noise or puritan industrial.

Can go climb a wall of dicks.

Elvi

Can go climb a wall of dicks.

That the name of a band then?.....*grins*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Kyou

Oh I have to agree with the bunch who are saying girls with whiney voices.

That's why I could neverrrrrrr be a singer. *has a ridiculously high pitched voice*
BUT... I love r&b, well, r&b that actually sounds like r&b, like alicia keys. I love her raspy voice.
I hate pop. rap. Rap is evil. Rap... is impossible. And it's not good anymore. Poc is gone, biggie smalls is gone. etc etc. no good rappers. What's the point now?
I love jazz. But I'm mostly addicted to soundtracks. Especially video game soundtracks. Anything ny nobou uematsu and harry gregorson-williams rocks my socks hard. Shadow of the Collossus had awesome music. And Suteki da ne is one of my favorite songs ever.
Love japanese music. Hate japanese people trying to sing in english music (aka, Utada's Exodus).
Yesh. And rap.

Lithos

Britney, Punk in all of its forms, and the most generic stuff they play at MTV...

That would be the blatant dislike list for me.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

The Lotus Eater

Power metal, nu metal, brit pop, and gangsta rap... and otherwise pretty much 90% of the popular shit they're playing on TV these days. 

~~~

Subtle Trouble

Anything that's overplayed on the radio. Anything that they overplay at the work satellite station. If I have to hear Mambo no. 5 ever again, I will hunt down the guy who wrote it and murder him with an axe.

**I am currently in a happy relationship and am no longer seeking romantic or sexual roleplays. I do enjoy writing, but I am not looking for anything other than platonic play.**

My Ons ad Offs
My Plots
My Absences and Apologies - Updated 05/18/13

Kazae

Country, and most 'Scream' 'metal'.

I actually have rare country songs that don't make me pull my hair out.

In rap, the C is silent.  That said, Sturgeon's Law applies as well here as anywhere else.

I like a lot of pop stuff, tons of techno, metal, just about everything out there, but Country is an immediate NO.

And so help me, if I ever get a thermonuclear device and Rascal Flats goes to Houston...

It would be like hitting the lottery on Christmas.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(
Yes, I'm probably over-thinking.  Yes, I'm going to continue over-thinking.
There are enough people out there running on autopilot;someone has to make up for those lost synaptic cycles, and it may as well be me.

Push Button...