Virtual Reality

Started by kasper, October 19, 2013, 02:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

*really shouldn't but really wants to* I'ma keep an eye on it for now, but do you think you'll keep it open as far as new players being able to join later?

kasper

Certainly, Rogue. I would imagine, like any video game, there will always be new players logging in. : )

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Rogue

Quote from: octopusdreams on October 25, 2013, 04:08:21 PM
Certainly, Rogue. I would imagine, like any video game, there will always be new players logging in. : )

Awesome. I'll keep this in mind for when I have more time. :) It seems like a really fun idea.

Julles

Quote from: octopusdreams on October 25, 2013, 03:26:53 PM
Thank you Julles, I will have your skeleton up in the thread momentarily!

I did have one question- is there a reason she and her family are split up and move so often, or do you not want that information disclosed in the skeleton? Either way is fine, just curious is all!

You said to leave a little mystery in the history, so I did. I could add more to it if you need me to. :)

kasper

apygoos

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rn-ZPHPB6R0/maxresdefault.jpg?feature=og
lol that siv HD handle
this picture may serve as agood secondary for the setting.

Andy

Hmm.. just a suggestion, a sixth plane in the Virtual version, in the style of TRON's "The Grid" , i can provide reference pictures if it has interest.
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

kasper

Quote from: Andy on October 26, 2013, 06:20:22 AM
Hmm.. just a suggestion, a sixth plane in the Virtual version, in the style of TRON's "The Grid" , i can provide reference pictures if it has interest.

I've generalized that and dumped it into Sci-Fi. I think it'd be best to have things general for now since the interest might not yet prove enough to make a separate thread. Just testing the water to see how things go. But, if there were a demand for it, I'd certainly create a thread just for it.

Andy

I just thought it would fit well into the whole "Virtual Reality" idea, Sci-fi is a good spot to put it in ^^
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

kasper

Definitely. I love Tron too so, of course a Tron-type reality is right up my alley.

Assassini

Quote from: apygoos on October 26, 2013, 03:42:35 AM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rn-ZPHPB6R0/maxresdefault.jpg?feature=og
lol that siv HD handle
this picture may serve as agood secondary for the setting.

High five for SivHD?

"If you have more... Than one HP... You are ready to go..."

Drake Valentine

*Idly bookmarks.*

What about more malicious programs of the virtual world? One could be user or program. So essentially could someone play a virus?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Niferbelle

Name: Kyra Saunders, gaming handle WildRedX
Player: Niferbelle
Role: User
Country of Origin: U.S.
Country of Residence: U.S.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, isn't everybody these days?
Personality: Spoiled, unmotivated, clever, cynical, straightforward   
Favorite Game Genre: Supernatural but she mainly trolls for people to pester who will do just about anything for a reasonably attractive girl and there are a lot of them out there
Extremely Brief Background: Kyra grew up in a typical upper middle class family where her parents (both lawyers) always had more money than time. She was the youngest of three and as such, was accustomed to getting her way and not having to do much of anything. As the youngest, she was the only one at home when her parents went through a rather nasty divorce and she's been milking it for all it's worth. She graduated high school but true to her past, her parents are letting her laze around and not do much of anything so long as she at least takes part time classes at the local community college which she grudgingly does. She always played video games and still has the old school consoles that her older siblings played and keeps them in working order though of course nothing compares to VR.

apygoos

Quote from: Niferbelle on October 26, 2013, 05:27:05 PM

all of this lol

Koto Tomoya

Name: Johnny Cliffton, Handle: Shady.sgt (aka, Shady)
Player: Koto Tomoya
Role: User
Country of Origin: Canada
Country of Residence: Canada
Sexual Orientation: heterosexual, closet bisexual
Personality: Calm, cool, collected, intelligent, self-concious
Favorite Game Genre: Apocalypse survival
Extremely Brief Background: Johnny was born with SSD (single sided deafness) and from a very young age was picked on for wearing hearing aids. He spent most of his recesses quietly reading science fiction novels and comic books while other children played. his college years weren't all different, in fact, he had developed a case of severe social anxiety in his late teens which caused him to shy away when others approached him. When he first logged on, he was opened to a world where he didn't have to share his face and found he could actually talk to other people, thus his avatar in game always wears a Guy Fawkes mask to protect his identity from people in general. He has a knack for all types of video game genres, but some people find his habits and doings slightly odd.
Koto-kun's On's and Off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151816.msg6911481#msg6911481

Tomorrow is another day, not just any day, but it is a day, it will get here there's no question and the important thing to remember is that this simulation is a good one.
~Reggie Watts~

Niferbelle

Quote from: Niferbelle on October 26, 2013, 05:27:05 PM
I just realized some people could find this really obnoxious and rightfully so. What might not be obvious to everyone is that I was sort of slipping into the character's voice there and it is indeed the sort of obnoxious thing she might say. I don't think that. Honest!

AndyZ

Came off as an IC voice to me, though I can only speak for myself.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Benen

Thinking about making a guy for this... will think it over more when I'm fully awake, and my daughter is behaving and wanting to go to bed.

kasper

For those of you who may have missed it, the game has started. The links are all listed in the very top of the OOC, the link to the OOC listed on the very top of this thread.

Julles

Yes, I just don't know where to start... :/

kasper

Well I know Hanged wants to start in apocalypse, Dancing Flower is in Alien Invasion, AndyZ and my character Foster are in Fantasy and Assassini sounded like he'd be good to start a thread that is currently not being played in to help start things up.

You could do as Foster did, check the buddylist to find a player online and message and join them. You could have your charrie presently in a thread and run across another charrie. You could say to somebody in the OOC, "Who wants to play and where?"

Salvation

I saw the ad link for this.. looks very interesting! I will keep an eye on this, especially if/when any new players would be needed.

kasper

Quote from: Salvation on November 02, 2013, 05:31:03 AM
I saw the ad link for this.. looks very interesting! I will keep an eye on this, especially if/when any new players would be needed.

We do still need more players!

kasper

Still looking for more players to join!

catherinehellfire

I might join,  so do you need to have a user to have a program?
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0