Virtual Reality

Started by kasper, October 19, 2013, 02:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

Summary: A game that explores the lives of 'users' inside and outside of the game as well as 'programs' inside the game.

Accepting both male and females, any sexual orientation allowed. Looking for addicting character interaction, some smut. Action, romance, angst, anger, humor, drama - all wanted!

The Virtual Universe
Here 'users' will log on and off. At the start of the game, the users will be present in a room of doors. Each door is a portal to a segment of the game. This universe so far will contain five segments: sci-fi (think Star Trek/Tron), apocalypse (think zombie-survival), high fantasy adventure (think Final Fantasy/Zelda), horror-survival (think Resident Evil/Silent Hill), alien invasion (think Pacific Rim). In the Virtual Universe you can chat, send messages, etc to other users no matter if you are in the same or a different segment of the universe.

The Real Universe
Well I think that's pretty self explanatory. Pretty much everything it is now, except with virtual reality gaming!

Users
Users are the players who enter the game from the real universe. They can pick which segment of the Virtual Universe they'd like to start in and play. The users are video game enthusiasts from all around the world, testing out the new technology. Users keep the same physical appearance in the game as they do in reality. Each user can design one program.

Programs
Programs are components of the Virtual Reality system. There are default programs (non-playable) that were designed by the creators of the Virtual Reality system. They each are task oriented serving one primary role. The other programs are user-designed programs (playable). These programs are created by users and serve as navigational/interface guides and also can serve as companions to help aid a user in the game.

Character Skeleton
Name:
Player:
Role: User/Program?
Country of Residence:
Sexual Orientation:
Personality: Five adjectives that describe your character.
Favorite Game Genre:
Extremely Brief Background: Do not tell me your character's entire life story! I want to find that out along the way!

[center][img height=300]http://www4.semo.edu/campuslife/images/Pics/silhouette.gif[/img][/center]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Player[/b]:
[b]Role[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Country of Origin[/b]:
[b]Country of Residence[/b]:
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Favorite Game Genre[/b]:
[b]Extremely Brief Background[/b]:

Rules
Pretty simple- respect others, try and give at least 3 paragraphs but no more than about 9 or 10. Give others a chance to post. Be considerate of one another. Try to involve other players. Be creative but not tacky. Real photographs. Try and have the users look like normal people, here. I don't want Angelina Jolie being a user. Basically, I don't want anybody looking too model-y, y'know? The programs can look more er... photoshopped but, as for the users, please keep it somewhat realistic. Thank you!

I may decline some applications or give feedback, please do not take this personally!

The Fellas

Name:Michael
Player: octopusdreams
Role: User
Country of Origin: America
Country of Residence: America
Sexual Orientation: Openly heterosexual, closet bisexual.
Personality: Temperamental, sarcastic, protective, dominant, intelligent.
Favorite Game Genre: Apocalypse survival.
Extremely Brief Background: He works for a small independent company that releases videos on video game reviews, let's plays, etc. They also do small skits and behind the scenes. He has a 'bromance' with Oli and his feelings for the other are secretly much more intimate than he's willing to admit. He has a habit of raging at video games - this babyfaced cutie has the mouth of a sailor. He likes to rough-house and tease others.

Name: Oliver, "Oli"
Player: Cerevan
Country of Origin: England
Sexual Orientation: Ostensibly bisexual, actually demisexual.
Personality: Sweet, loyal, snarky, playful, submissive.
Favorite Game Genre: Sci-Fi (also has a deep love of old fashioned puzzle games, admitted only under pain of death)
Extremely Brief Background: Oli grew up in Whitby, England, before moving to London for university. He's always had a love of video games, which give him an escape, and this was his primary bonding point with his old flatmate Foster. He now lives in the US, going to grad school, and works for a small independent company that releases videos on video game reviews, let's plays, etc. They also do small skits and behind the scenes. He has a 'bromance' with Michael, and has much deeper feelings for the other than he'd ever admit. Occasionally he goes back home, mainly to visit Foster and his family.

Name: Foster
Player: octopussleep
Country of Residence: England
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.
Personality: Cocky, cheeky, deviant, irritating, observant.
Favorite Game Genre: Fantasy adventure.
Extremely Brief Background: He shares a flat with a roommate. He has trouble with finding the right woman. He works a custodial job and he hates it but it pays the bills.

Name: Luke Jenkins (Gamertag: Captain Wobbles)
Player: Assassini
Country of Origin: Germany
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Personality: Lazy, Whimsical, Relaxed, Intense, Determined
Favourite Game Genre: Any and all (with some notable exceptions)
Extremely Brief Background: Luke's younger days were devoted to playing video games with his best friends, playing anything and everything he could get his hands on. With such a wide range of experience Luke became both a connoisseur of video games, a respected reviewer and a strong player in a variety of games (never focusing on one for long enough to ever get anywhere near pro levels though). He's also a reasonably well known figure only with a small YouTube following and writes reviews for a major gaming website. His long history with games makes Luke a little snobbish when it comes to games, it takes a fair bit to convince him.

The Ladies

Name: Maddie
Player: octopusdreams
Country of Origin: America
Personality: Outgoing, stubborn, bossy, sarcastic, cheerful.
Favorite Game Genre: Alien invasion.
Extremely Brief Background: She started playing video games when she was young- her favorite genre then was of course, farming games. She's since branched out to nearly every genre. She can get very determined when playing video games and is prone to getting verbal. She's going to college and works part time at a library.

Name: Asuka Toyamato
Player: AndyZ
Country of Origin: Japan
Country of Residence: Japan
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Personality: Cheerful, mischievous, a bit lonely, and somewhat spoiled
Favorite Game Genre: High fantasy adventure, but really, she loves them all
Extremely Brief Background: Asuka has a very wealthy father who owns Toyamato Industries, and spends most of her time under effective house arrest.  Of the pictures that are out there, quite a few are sufficiently risque to get her in trouble with her father if he ever found them (such as the one shown), but he's far too busy with work.  During her life, she's had more than enough time to learn quite a few tricks about the way computers work and how to force things to work as she wants.

Name: May Green
Player: Dancing Flower
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Country of Residence: Middle of Nowhere, U.S.A
Personality: Cautious, Determined, Intelligent, Helpful
Favorite Game Genre: Alien Invasion
Extremely Brief Background: May pretty much plays video games to escape the daily woes of life. However, even after all this time, she is not exactly great at it. Outside of the game, she works at her local grocery store as a cashier. She did try the college thing but that didn't exactly work out.

Name: Katya Tselikova
Player: Julles
Country of Origin: Russia
Country of Residence: Greece
Personality: Relaxed, outgoing, accepting, optimistic, humorous
Favorite Game Genre: Toss up between fantasy adventure and apocalypse survival, but really isn't picky.
Extremely Brief Background: Katya's family wasn't very rich, but her and her siblings shared a love for the gaming world, finding it as an escape. Moving through her menial life she had learned to try and stay up beat, which paid off in the long run as she is living much more comfortably now. After a long series of events, her family got scattered over the globe pretty much, and she has landed in Greece for the moment. Never stays anywhere for long. The job at a local cafe has kept her in one place the longest, but she is worried she will have to move again soon.

Name: Kyra Saunders, gaming handle WildRedX
Player: Niferbelle
Country of Origin: U.S.
Country of Residence: U.S.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, isn't everybody these days?
Personality: Spoiled, unmotivated, clever, cynical, straightforward   
Favorite Game Genre: Supernatural but she mainly trolls for people to pester who will do just about anything for a reasonably attractive girl and there are a lot of them out there
Extremely Brief Background: Kyra grew up in a typical upper middle class family where her parents (both lawyers) always had more money than time. She was the youngest of three and as such, was accustomed to getting her way and not having to do much of anything. As the youngest, she was the only one at home when her parents went through a rather nasty divorce and she's been milking it for all it's worth. She graduated high school but true to her past, her parents are letting her laze around and not do much of anything so long as she at least takes part time classes at the local community college which she grudgingly does. She always played video games and still has the old school consoles that her older siblings played and keeps them in working order though of course nothing compares to VR.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

AndyZ

Going to be keeping an eye on this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

kasper

Danke! Hope to hear from you again!

AndyZ

Right now I'm thinking a user, a rich hacker girl who likes to find a few tweaks to every program.  Nothing malicious but able to change her avatar and mess around with things to some degree.  Would that work or would you want things to be more mundane?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

kasper

Well, I'm actually at the moment still considering whether or not I want the system to be in testing so that we could cause for some actual calamity. So, yeah that would actually mesh rather well.

TheHangedOne

Name: Erik Carter
Player: TheHangedMan
Country of Origin: United States of America
Country of Residence: United States of America
Sexual Orientation: heterosexual
Personality: Passionate about a wide range of subjects. A bit of a gregarious introvert.  Has an odd sense of humor.
Favorite Game Genre:Apocalypse
Extremely Brief Background: Erik's been playing video games for more than half of his life. He has a fondness for roleplaying games, anything with a good story; RPGs are definitely a favorite, though he loves all games to varying degrees (except sports games. Ugh.). Not too much strange or exciting has happened in his life; nice parents, went to a nice school, had a few friends, a romantic encounter or two in his life.  Currently balancing a job, college, and giving up most of his social life to test out this game, which has really made his year.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

kasper

Alright, Hanged, put him up!

Frosty bite

I'm up.....I'll post a character soon :-)

Breathes there a man with soul so dead, who never to his wife hath said, "Breakfast be damned, come back to bed."

O/O's Thread

kasper

kasper

So I got bored and this happened:

If anybody wants it for a little stamp in their siggy here's the code:
[center][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=187975.0][img]http://oi39.tinypic.com/23svh3r.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

But don't feel like you need to use it! I just thought I'd share since it's kind of adorable in the most horrifying of ways. <3

Assassini

Name: Luke Jenkins (Gamertag: Captain Wobbles)
Player: Assassini
Country of Origin: Germany
Personality: Lazy, Whimsical, Relaxed, Intense, Determined
Favourite Game Genre: Any and all (with some notable exceptions)
Extremely Brief Background: Luke's younger days were devoted to playing video games with his best friends, playing anything and everything he could get his hands on. With such a wide range of experience Luke became both a connoisseur of video games, a respected reviewer and a strong player in a variety of games (never focusing on one for long enough to ever get anywhere near pro levels though). He's also a reasonably well known figure online with a small YouTube following and writes reviews for a major gaming website. His long history with games makes Luke a little snobbish when it comes to games, it takes a fair bit to convince him.

AndyZ

Name: Asuka Toyamato
Player: AndyZ
Country of Origin: Japan
Country of Residence: Japan
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Personality: Cheerful, mischievous, a bit lonely, and somewhat spoiled
Favorite Game Genre: High fantasy adventure, but really, she loves them all
Extremely Brief Background: Asuka has a very wealthy father who owns Toyamato Industries, and spends most of her time under effective house arrest.  Of the pictures that are out there, quite a few are sufficiently risque to get her in trouble with her father if he ever found them (such as the one shown), but he's far too busy with work.  During her life, she's had more than enough time to learn quite a few tricks about the way computers work and how to force things to work as she wants.

kasper

Alright I've put both skeletons up!

Also, I've bid to have the banner put up to advertise the game so hopefully that will bring in some more people!

Flower

Name: May Green
Player: Dancing Flower
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Country of Residence: Middle of Nowhere, U.S.A
Personality: Cautious, Determined, Intelligent, Helpful
Favorite Game Genre: Alien Invasion
Extremely Brief Background: May pretty much plays video games to escape the daily woes of life. However, even after all this time, she is not exactly great at it. Outside of the game, she works at her local grocery store as a cashier. She did try the college thing but that didn't exactly work out.

Question: Will the game use avatars for them to move around with inside of the game?

Cerevan

Is the requested character of Gavin/Gav or Oliver/Oli still open? If so, might I have a crack at it? :P

kasper

Hiya Flower dearest~ To answer your question- no, the game will not be using avatars. In the virtual reality, the characters will maintain their physical appearance. Perhaps, if others show interest, they will be able to change a few attributes- such as if they're in a high fantasy game and say the game calls for elves.

Flower

Thanks for the answer, Octy. <3

Cerevan

Name: Oliver, "Oli"
Player: Cerevan
Sexual Orientation: Ostensibly bisexual, actually demisexual.
Personality: Sweet, loyal, snarky, playful, submissive.
Favorite Game Genre: Sci-Fi (also has a deep love of old fashioned puzzle games, admitted only under pain of death)
Extremely Brief Background: Oli grew up in Whitby, England, before moving to London for university. He's always had a love of video games, which give him an escape, and this was his primary bonding point with his old flatmate Foster. He now lives in the US, going to grad school, and works for a small independent company that releases videos on video game reviews, let's plays, etc. They also do small skits and behind the scenes. He has a 'bromance' with Michael, and has much deeper feelings for the other than he'd ever admit. Occasionally he goes back home, mainly to visit Foster and his family.

kasper

OOC is linked at the top of this thread. The game will be run on multiple threads. I'm making them now. The first post will hopefully be up by tomorrow~

AndyZ

Should we wait to let you make the first post?

kasper

Yes, I plan to set the game up as well as set the tone.

Julles

Sneaks in and sits in a corner, looking around with interest. Are you looking for any more??

kasper

Julles

Name: Katya Tselikova
Player: Julles
Country of Origin: Russia
Country of Residence: Greece
Personality: Relaxed, outgoing, accepting, optimistic, humorous
Favorite Game Genre: Toss up between fantasy adventure and apocalypse survival, but really isn't picky.
Extremely Brief Background: Katya's family wasn't very rich, but her and her siblings shared a love for the gaming world, finding it as an escape. Moving through her menial life she had learned to try and stay up beat, which paid off in the long run as she is living much more comfortably now. After a long series of events, her family got scattered over the globe pretty much, and she has landed in Greece for the moment. Never stays anywhere for long. The job at a local cafe has kept her in one place the longest, but she is worried she will have to move again soon.

kasper

Thank you Julles, I will have your skeleton up in the thread momentarily!

I did have one question- is there a reason she and her family are split up and move so often, or do you not want that information disclosed in the skeleton? Either way is fine, just curious is all!