Trouble getting into the IRC chat?

Started by ChaNeko, April 28, 2010, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaNeko

I was just in chat 12 hours ago, but my addiction cannot wait... I need back in again.  As I press the link button at the top of the page, I get the traditional wait/loading circle (I use a Mac) and it doesn't seem to be going away.  Is the IRC getting some spring cleaning or something?  I can be patient but my muse is looking for distraction lest she start acting out in real life (*Shudder* the horror!).

Affectionately, ChaNeko

Vekseid

WhiteyChan

Quote from: ChaNeko on April 28, 2010, 11:36:39 AM
I was just in chat 12 hours ago, but my addiction cannot wait... I need back in again.  As I press the link button at the top of the page, I get the traditional wait/loading circle (I use a Mac) and it doesn't seem to be going away.  Is the IRC getting some spring cleaning or something?  I can be patient but my muse is looking for distraction lest she start acting out in real life (*Shudder* the horror!).

Affectionately, ChaNeko

Just thought I'd chip in and say I'm having the exact same problem, so its not just your mac, ChaNeko. The page loads but the IRC client or Java app or whatever it is doesn't.

Ty

Quote from: Vekseid on April 28, 2010, 11:52:04 AM
Seems to be working? Have you tried http://www.mirc.com/ directly?

I think you mean www.mibbit.com for the webapp IRC program.

http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.sorcery.net&channel=%23Elliquiy <- From the Chat help sticky for going directly to the right channel, without the Elliquiy site widget.

A quick(ish) poll of IRC friends suggests Mac clients (for not using webapps at all) are mainly X-Chat Aqua or Colloquy

Autumn Sativus

Also could be that you're joining too quickly after other users. Especially if there's a netsplit. To help with the botting problem we've introduced a limit of 3 users joining every 8 seconds. If that's the case just keep trying.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Vekseid

Killed Mibbit dead. Long live wsIRC >_>

Sabby

Still not working. I get a generic homepage for that chat client.

Autumn Sativus

www.mirc.com is a free client for Windows users, download it and install, and you can find all of the instructions on how to get into our irc in This thread. For users who are online daily or even weekly, this is a worthwhile investment of minimal harddrive space. mIRC users aren't having any trouble connecting, just those on mibbit. Until it gets sorted out, the program is a great option.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~