News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pokemon?

Started by Aftiel, March 22, 2010, 11:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemoon

Well, if you go back a few pages, you'd see that I posted many "Mutants" that were to be Team Rocket's genetically modified pokemon for a character I have yet to make. That's why I say this. If some are genetically modified, but they have a sorcerer that could've done the same thing without all the expensive equipment...well, that's my main reason anyway. In the "Pokeverse" there are aspects of magic/religion/and science all in it. Its not that I'm against magic or anything (For goodness sake, there are fire breathing lizards...sound familiar?) But perhaps you can't do the transformations by yourself, perhaps the assistance of a machine is required, at least to a point?

And yea Wolfy, those are pretty darned cute, but we all know how awesome fan art is getting anymore. I never believe anything until it is confirmed by Nintendo. (Even then, I have troubles as they have habits of changing things last minute xD)
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Wolfy

I want them to be real. D:

Also, 16 badges later, and Mewtwo won't stay in the ****ing ball. >_< Damn you, Mewtwo. Stay. In. The. Fucking. BALL!

I'm waiting till tommorow to catch Groundon, so I'll have some Heavy-balls to throw at him...cause he weighs like, 5 tons. O_o

Nim

QuoteWould if help if we eliminate the genetic aspect entirely and say he is magically fusing together different things on a physical level. Perhaps he can even turn human into Pokemon. While it might sound odd that does make form some very nice erp sessions.

Yes I do believe that Black Rose and Owen would get along rather well in that respect.  *Smiles as evil plot for the future is revealed so soon.  Or at least it had been an idea I had been privately entertaining.*  >:)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: bluemoon on April 10, 2010, 05:09:38 PM
Well, if you go back a few pages, you'd see that I posted many "Mutants" that were to be Team Rocket's genetically modified pokemon for a character I have yet to make. That's why I say this. If some are genetically modified, but they have a sorcerer that could've done the same thing without all the expensive equipment...well, that's my main reason anyway.

Oh well we can work around that in many ways. Most of them would involve limiting the sorcerer's ability to apply his transmutations to everything - Or make it so it only goes so far - Or make it require a rare component that can only be earned through role play (probably doled out by one of the people who takes on the task of narrating things). Maybe he can only create put together a proper body but they still have to undergo genetic alteration to acquire their skills (such as the aforementioned lizard's fire breath). So many ways to work it in.

Quote from: Nim on April 10, 2010, 05:13:40 PM
Yes I do believe that Black Rose and Owen would get along rather well in that respect.  *Smiles as evil plot for the future is revealed so soon.  Or at least it had been an idea I had been privately entertaining.*  >:)

Something wicked this way comes. I tremble in antic......ipation with what we would put together.

Lastly I'm not demanding an answer right now, but it would be nice to get the definitive yes or no in the near future. I already got perhaps a bit to into an unapproved concept so if I end up denied then Id rather not put too much more energy in this. Would be a shame though I do understand.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

BraveEarth

The character himself seems workable I don't have anything against him personally I would rather try to help make it work rather than just saying no, after all I'm a firm believer in the concept if you want to RP you really shouldn't be denied. I do have one question about him though it's bugging me a bit. If he is a sorcer and I am assuming from another universe, couldn't you say that the laws of physics work differently in this new one, therefore maybe he's limited. While he is trying to find way around this it would help with the whole magic thing. Sorry for my poor wording.

Edit: After a bit of thought and little inner nagging I have realized that this solution is horribly lazy and I apologize for this.

bluemoon

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 10, 2010, 05:59:04 PM
Oh well we can work around that in many ways. Most of them would involve limiting the sorcerer's ability to apply his transmutations to everything - Or make it so it only goes so far - Or make it require a rare component that can only be earned through role play (probably doled out by one of the people who takes on the task of narrating things). Maybe he can only create put together a proper body but they still have to undergo genetic alteration to acquire their skills (such as the aforementioned lizard's fire breath). So many ways to work it in.

Isn't that kind of what I said about the machine?
Quote from: bluemoon on April 10, 2010, 05:09:38 PM
But perhaps you can't do the transformations by yourself, perhaps the assistance of a machine is required, at least to a point?

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 10, 2010, 05:59:04 PM

I tremble in antic......ipation 

Rocky Horror Picture Show? (Only...he says quiver...but still...)
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

bluemoon

To better explain what I was thinkiong, Think of the movie "Jirachi, wish maker" (probably not the right title, but you type it into google and get the same idea) Jirachi absorbs this "magical energy" from a meteor that shows up like once every X years(long time) the energy is powerful enough to grant wishes(to an extent) One man uses a machine on Jirachi to make his dream of Groudon come true, this is more like what I was thinking. Using the machines to draw out the necessary power from the sorcerer to perform the tasks(fusing pokemon/turning humans etc)

Can everyone live with that?
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

BraveEarth

Yeah that sounds good, Maybe I'll watch that movie now... >.>
I never did anything but play the games.

Shade

That's alright with me blue, and I think Jirachi wishmaker was the right title.

Also, if no one gets the connection between Zane, Lucario, and their power through aura, it's from the movie Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

bluemoon

So Pale Enchantress, it seems if you are okay with this arrangement, you can join..are you okay with it?
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Nim

I had a hard time finding an English version but I kinda got the drift. 

I really don't see why something could not be worked out that,

Number one: PaleEnchantress would truly enjoy playing. 

and only secondly: one that most can agree working with even if not totally ready to accept. 

*Nim returns back to lurking in the dark corners... chuckling about Rocky horror picture show... gawd that movie was great!  Gotta luv that Tim Curry!*

PaleEnchantress

Actually that sounds wonderful. On top of getting the two to work together it also implies that each is capable on it's own. Black Rose may be able to alter things under his own magic, but something as complex as a Pokemon could take many years. With direct genetic manipulation the machines can be run more efficiently drawing off Black Rose magnifying his power while the results are also more controllable. I think that way everyone is encouraged to work together while no one is 100% reliant on anyone else. (Especially the rocket team already in place. It would be quite disrupting to have everything in place suddenly stop functioning without my character)

Anyway I'll give everyone the rest of the night to bring up their concerns and If I don't get any roadblocks Ill make an intro post in the thread some time tomorrow.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

BraveEarth

I think we should discuss the relationships between the existing Rocket members, after all within the organization to say that all the relationships would be fresh would be ludicrious. So I'm wondering what everyone has in mind for that sort of thing.

bluemoon

hey, I still haven't heard any feedback when I asked of what people thought about my rocket member being a clone (there are cloning machines in pokemon...but they weren't used on humans before, only pokemon)
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Shade

Oh yeah, forgot about that. That's fine with me, blue.

BraveEarth

So will the clone stick around with the original? It sounds fine I'm just curious about the details.

Nim

Quotehey, I still haven't heard any feedback when I asked of what people thought about my rocket member being a clone (there are cloning machines in pokemon...but they weren't used on humans before, only pokemon)

I think I missed that question blue.  Sawwy... my bad.  But it does sound fine to me.

bluemoon

well, the clones are always a bit dferent from the "original" but no, I don't think the original will be around...perhaps Owen found the original "disposable" and prefers the clone?
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Nim

I think perhaps under the new circumstances the original has been kept for experimental purposes of turning trainers to Pokemon with the help of an old friend.   

bluemoon

so...maybe the original gets fused with a lopunny or something?

And maybe something like this for the original:

If that sounds fine, I'll get to work on a CS for her
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

BraveEarth

As said before that sounds fine. I'm actually looking forward to reading the history. Should be interesting I think.

Wolfy

FINALLY! The Great Mystery has been solved!!!

It all makes sense!

DrFier

Quote from: bluemoon on April 10, 2010, 07:59:33 PM
well, the clones are always a bit dferent from the "original" but no, I don't think the original will be around...perhaps Owen found the original "disposable" and prefers the clone?

Why dispose of when you can use for all sorts of twisted experiments?
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

bluemoon

Wolfy, that kanga baby sprite was fan made, you know? ...one thing that always bothered me though...when you breed Marowak...shouldn't it die...since otherwise...cubone would have no skull to wear?

But anywho, I'll put up her CS later.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Lycan Queen

I'm going to have to back out of this rp. Sorry, but I do not have constant enough internets to really catch up, and I'm finding it hard to find a way to jump into the plot. If I have more time, I'll jump back in, but I think I'd really only be able to manage a post once a week, and that's not enough for this big a project. Hope all goes well!