[VAN] [MUL] [NC-H] Some ideas I have

Started by Kip, October 01, 2008, 04:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

Alright, time to throw myself off the Elliquiy cliff and see who catches me.

The shy and slightly unsure side of me comes out as I post this - it's a bit like performance anxiety.  Will the ideas be good enough and then will I roleplay the characters well enough!  We'll see! ;D

I've got specific plot ideas that I can expand upon first up with very simple pairings afterwards that we can work on expanding if needed.  I'm ultimately more comfortable with M/M pairings, but am extremely open to discussion about it (particularly for the ideas that are yet to be fleshed out some more).  I'll also say upfront that my games will always set character age at 18+ (personal preference/real life considerations) so thank you for honoring that request.

(1) Starcrossed - Brother/Brother Incest

This idea is based upon the short film named 'Starcrossed'.  I saw it about four years ago or so and it really started me off considering the incest taboo within society.  Anyways, the premise of the story is :

Two brothers have developed feelings for each other over time which slowly evolves into a sexual relationship.  The relationship is hidden from family, friends and the wider community and they try to lead double lives.  Eventually, they are discovered and the backlash from the people they love stuns them both.  Forced to choose between being together or being torn apart, they choose their love and run away from everything they know.  Reported to the police by their family, they attempt to hide from the world and are ultimately unsuccessful.  Their pursuers force them into a corner resulting in tragedy and unnecessary loss.

There are lots of things that can be altered within the story through the natural evolution of the RP process, such as - are they twins? How does their relationship start and develop?  Who discovers the truth and how?  Is everybody against them?  What is the tragedy that befalls them?   

(2) Time on our hands - Spaceship setting - M/M/....

Based well into the future, spaceships are being sent in many directions with multiple directives - research, discovery and to search for places suitable for human colonisation.  Each spaceship contains a skeleton crew of no more than five individuals.  All ships functions are controlled by an artificial intelligence with minimal to no human oversight being required.   

The long distances involved in space travel required creative solutions to ensure that personnel didn't age and die during the flight.  Cryo-stasis systems were developed and tested to overcome this obstacle.  During the flight of the ship Olycon, a cascade failure involving the artificial intelligence, the cryo-stasis system and the nuclear power system brought two (or three, or so on) crew members out of their enforced sleep.  With insufficient knowledge to repair the systems, they are faced with the choice of continuing their mission or returning to Earth.  Either option will likely result in their death well before reaching somewhere to call home.  The time they have on their hands leads to many interesting diversions.

This is a really simple outline of the idea I've got rolling round in my head but I think it's got potential.

List of ideas yet to be fleshed out

Military training/base (potential for NC-H initially)
Two Best Friends
Superheroes - current canon characters preferred

TV Shows that could be used as source material -

Charmed
The West Wing
Star Trek
Star Wars
House
Six Feet Under

and more to come as soon as the creative juices start up again....

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Tom

Hey. I'm intrigued by two of your undetailed ideas. The Superheroes and Two Best Friends sound very interesting, if you'd like to flesh them out with me.

Durdyn

Hey!  I'm interested in idea #2 Time on our hands and in discussing the Military idea.  PM me if you still need a player.

Current Forum RPs

Current RP Ideas |  | A/A Postings

Kip

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Saku

I'm interested in the #1 Starcrossed although I haven't seen the film, does that matter? Also I like Charmed and if you meant doing a Charmed related RP I'm up for that too! I'll send you a PM and we can discuss from there.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Kip

Responded to your PM...  Charmed here we come!

and taken Starcrossed off the list, belatedly. Sorry!

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~