Are you looking for new writing partners? [Closed]

Started by Flower, November 15, 2018, 07:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmandaShow

I think I may be interested in giving this a whirl but ive read through the thread a few times and am still fuzzy about how all this is supposed to go down  ???
Entrapta: “Did you hear that, Emily? I’ve never had a lab partner before!"

Flower

Hey Amanda!

Let me do my best to push this unpleasant fuzziness away. If it reassures you, I've done this before on forums and it was a success. :)

How it Should Go In Character
- Put on some snazzy clothes the day of and head over to Mirage (where the event is taking place).
- Check in with employee. Fill out your crazy name tag (this is just something fun for us to do).
- Employee will let you know then if you sit (remained seated the entire time) or walk (play musical chairs each round) during the process.
- Brief introduction from employee in character (mentor) where they explain the format
- Walkers head over to their first date.
- Each round should take about ten minutes. It's your discretion, as a writer, how many posts will equal 10 minutes. At the buzz, standers will play musical chairs and move to the table to the right of them.
- After every round is completed, employee (mentor) thanks them for participating. People can linger for drinks and so forth.

I'll probably write an example post so people can have a better understanding of how it will work as well if needed.

Strega

An example post would be lovely if it isnt too bothersome for you Flower.

Flower

I'll shall do it then and hopefully drag one of my fellow mentors into it. xD

Flower

As of right now, we have 4 confirmed female characters and 3 confirmed male characters. If you haven't turned in a character sheet, you are not included as confirmed. I have you listed as a maybe. Those people are...

lustfulintentions  - Maybe
Love and Submission - Maybe
AmandaShow - Maybe

So if you'll like to participate, please create a sheetsie so I can know where my count is. I don't really need super even numbers...although it would be nice. We can work with an uneven batch so don't let that discourage you.

I'm looking to kick this puppy off maybe this or next Saturday. Depends on how busy I am with holiday stuffs. Those still on the fence! I have a feeling this is going to be awesome. It really won't be complicated. I promise. Don't miss out on the fun.  :-)

AmandaShow

Quote from: Flower on November 18, 2018, 02:59:08 PM
Hey Amanda!

Let me do my best to push this unpleasant fuzziness away. If it reassures you, I've done this before on forums and it was a success. :)

How it Should Go In Character
- Put on some snazzy clothes the day of and head over to Mirage (where the event is taking place).
- Check in with employee. Fill out your crazy name tag (this is just something fun for us to do).
- Employee will let you know then if you sit (remained seated the entire time) or walk (play musical chairs each round) during the process.
- Brief introduction from employee in character (mentor) where they explain the format
- Walkers head over to their first date.
- Each round should take about ten minutes. It's your discretion, as a writer, how many posts will equal 10 minutes. At the buzz, standers will play musical chairs and move to the table to the right of them.
- After every round is completed, employee (mentor) thanks them for participating. People can linger for drinks and so forth.

I'll probably write an example post so people can have a better understanding of how it will work as well if needed.

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying! :D
I'll have a character up soon-ish
Entrapta: “Did you hear that, Emily? I’ve never had a lab partner before!"

Flower

Peripherie

I said in PM to dearest Flower but my Caravan character Breezy is in!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

lustfulintentions

Quote from: Flower on November 18, 2018, 07:05:26 PM
As of right now, we have 4 confirmed female characters and 3 confirmed male characters. If you haven't turned in a character sheet, you are not included as confirmed. I have you listed as a maybe. Those people are...

lustfulintentions  - Maybe
Love and Submission - Maybe
AmandaShow - Maybe

So if you'll like to participate, please create a sheetsie so I can know where my count is. I don't really need super even numbers...although it would be nice. We can work with an uneven batch so don't let that discourage you.

I'm looking to kick this puppy off maybe this or next Saturday. Depends on how busy I am with holiday stuffs. Those still on the fence! I have a feeling this is going to be awesome. It really won't be complicated. I promise. Don't miss out on the fun.  :-)

I'm going to try and frame up a character tonight, though it may be minus a face-claim. I suck at those.

Flower

Quote from: Peripherie on November 18, 2018, 08:08:58 PM
I said in PM to dearest Flower but my Caravan character Breezy is in!

And we're so glad to have you! :)

Quote from: lustfulintentions on November 18, 2018, 08:18:10 PM
I'm going to try and frame up a character tonight, though it may be minus a face-claim. I suck at those.

No worries about a face claim if you can't locate one. People will just have to use their mind theater! :)

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: Flower on November 18, 2018, 11:41:24 AM
I think she's adorable. Perhaps this vacation is a gift from her parents or maybe even a wealthy friend?

I think maybe her boss, and coworkers at diner, they get her vacation as gift. Maybe they win some money, in lottery, they decided for spending winnings for Jen. :-)

Flower

That's wonderfuls!

Feel free to post your darling in the character sheet thread and hop into the OOC.

lustfulintentions

Okay, I'm going to try reviving an old character that didn't get to take enough of a walk in his original incarnation

Name: Shawn Collins
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Befitting his academic leanings, Shawn is a bit introverted, especially in public settings/larger groups. He functions better in private/1-on-1 conversations, and truly opens up in those settings. He likes to think of himself as thoughtful and a good listener, though he sometimes sees things in a little too much black and white. He enjoys a good bit of banter, and while serious about his work, knows the importance of unplugging.

Eyes: Hazel
Height: 6'1"
Body Build: Lean, the body of a former athlete who does his best, but has age catching up a bit
Additional Physical Notes: N/A

History: Shawn grew up in a very middle class, very average family up the coast in Oregon. His family was as standard as they come: dad was a supervisor at a mid-sized accounting firm, his mother was a school teacher, and his sister, two years his senior, was a mid-level collegiate swimmer who became a chemist and moved east.

For his part, Shawn had a pretty straight-edge upbringing, generally excelling in school, running track in high school and playing some club-level lacrosse at Oregon State, where he also moonlighted on the college paper while working on his degree in sociology.

It was his Master’s thesis that first brought him to Pleasant Beach, a nudist community in California. He’d read about the place in an academic journal while searching for a thesis topic, and decided it was worth a visit. So he set out as a 24 year-old grad student, spending most of a semester interviewing and observing (and eventually, slipping into a bit of activity himself) for his thesis “Sexuality and Norms: How Community Acceptance Reduces Sexual Barriers”. The work turned out to be both broadly engaging within the sociological community and deeply engaging when optioned for a book for a broader audience. The book never found the audience he’d hoped for, but publishing at such a young age opened up a world of possibilities for Shawn, and he spent a good part of the next decade traveling, guest teaching and lecturing while searching for his next great study/book opportunity. But, he never forgot about Pleasant Beach, finally returning to the place permanently at the age of 36.  After 7 years in his adopted home, he determined that he needed a change of scenery, or he'd be staring another failed manuscript in the face. And so, he opted for the refuge of struggling authors everywhere-traveling literally anywhere else in the world where he could make his brain see new things.

Face Claim: Jack Johnson

Chantarelle

Name: Abby Dixon
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Abby is a loner and very serious about her modeling career. She hides her past traumas behind a brilliant smile and expressive doe eyes. Being bipolar you aren’t always sure which woman you’re going to get. Abby the fun, wild child or Abigail who comes across cautious and moody.

Eyes: Almost grey with flecks of hazel
Height: 5’6
Body Build: petite
Additional Physical Notes: A cameo of Marilyn Monroe decorates her chest. Her arm sleeves are dedicated to Watership Down and her thighs to The Last Unicorn.

History: Abby was raised in the Rising Dawn Cult until she was old enough to escape at the age of 18. She became a stripper until the age of 23 when her fetish modeling career took off and she became a cover girl for Ink magazine. She no longer has to dance for a living but instead spends most of her days on photoshoots. She keeps few friends close, mainly the ones who can tolerate her mood swings and eccentric lifestyle. She used to live with her manager, a man named Derek who treated her terribly until she fired him and dumped him all in the same day and became her own management. She became celibate for a time to focus on her career, but now she is tired of being lonely and feeling burned out. A friend turned her on to Caravanserai. It sounded exactly like what she needed so she booked a flight and made her reservations excitedly.

Face Claim: Amanda Pemberton

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
More Pictures
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Flower

Both look great to me. Feel free to add them to the character sheet thread and say hello in the OOC. (^^)

Dragongoddess

Flower

Of course! Please just remember it's for this event only. (^^) You can write side scenes or whatever up until then. However, once we finish, back to 1 character.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Flower on November 19, 2018, 08:40:33 AM
Of course! Please just remember it's for this event only. (^^) You can write side scenes or whatever up until then. However, once we finish, back to 1 character.
Oh absolutely!  Gonna have my character up today.

Flower

Could everyone who is participating in the speed dating event please let me know which sticker your character would select to wear on their clothes and what their answer will be? Please do not post your response here. PM it to me.

Below are their options for stickers. They can only pick one.

- Hello my theme song is...
- Hello my childhood actor/actress crush was...
- Hello my favorite fantasy animal is...
- Hello I never have enough time to...
- Hello my obsession is...

lustfulintentions

Quote from: Flower on November 19, 2018, 06:42:51 AM
Both look great to me. Feel free to add them to the character sheet thread and say hello in the OOC. (^^)

Let me track down a good face claim picture and I'll get it up there tonight. :)

Batman4560

This is very interesting, are you still accepting character apps or are you all filled up?

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Batman4560

Chantarelle

Batman4560

So is there a history section somewhere? Kinda hard to make a history for a character when you don't really know the world.