The Black Network's Reach [DnD 5e, Forgotten Realms]

Started by AnneReinard, October 25, 2017, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneReinard

Plot Synopsis: When force becomes necessary to bring an end to a problem, one name rings out more than any other: the Zhentarim. A full coin purse presented to the right hands purchases the finest fighting men that can be brought with coin. It all seems entirely reasonable with all the dark threats in the world. However, the price of doing business with the Black Network is steep - for they would have it so that their presence is all but a necessity. For what is lost coin if it leads to the destruction of a competitor and sweeps all their profits into your personal coffers, but simply the most reasonable business deal.

This contract is like many that fall into the hands of the Black Network. A Waterdhavian nobleman by the name of Uth Goldtalon, of Illuskan descent, has need for mercenaries that will aid him in the retrieval of something that he would not trust to the City Watch. He has recently become the target of blackmail from a group of thieves, their demands for a small fortune of coin to buy their silence only growing with each payment maid. He has finally had enough - the offenders must be dealt with and the threat hanging over his head be removed. Coin has traded hands and the Zhentarim has sent their mercenaries to act.

The chance to squash potential rivals before they can grow in strength? A wonderful bonus.

What I Am Looking For: I am looking for a group of four to six characters who would be playing mercenaries for the Zhentarim. Thematically, characters should be willing to do quite-not-nice-things (the Zhentarim are out for number one!) that would enjoy opportunities to show off their power over other people. Players should be aiming to post an average of three times per week - the minimum that I am hoping to be able to maintain.

What I Personally Enjoy: My Ons/Offs can be viewed, but in the specifics of this I am hoping to emphasize themes such as dubcon/noncon and temptation. I will do my best to present characters with opportunities to indulge their vices, to make the wrong choices when it would benefit them to do so, and the ilk. I am not thinking of dragging down do-gooders to darkness in this game, but to let characters of already dubious morality to be adventurers and relish in their power.

Character Generation: While I will not require full characters at this point and I am open to some discussion with final character build details, I am currently leaning toward the following: Level 3 start, Standard Array stats, Variant Human allowed, all official material legal, Unearthed Arcana material allowed with approval.

Application Details: I will need the following details!

• Name: I will need a character name. Obviously. e.g. Anne Reinard
  • Concept: Not necessarily what mechanically you will end up being, but just a short blurb about what you are thinking of! e.g. Unlucky Paladin
  • Physical Description: I want to hear a little bit about how your character looks. Images are nice, but hardly required.
  • Personality: How will your character act?
  • Ideal/Bond/Flaw: As in the 5e rulebook, though not chosen off their random lists - use these to inform your character!
  • Brief History: How did your character come to be with the Zhentarim? What achievements brought them to level 3?
  • Brief Ons/Offs: What would you like to get out of this game!

I expect to leave the recruitment section open for two to three weeks before coming to a decision for the group. Please let me know if you have any questions or advice!
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

avarus

Oooh yah, interested indeed. I am thinking about either a Human Variant bard. Here goes the application!

Name: Sofia Vanderwalle
Concept: Greedy bard
Physical Description: I already have an image :P https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/a/aa/Sofia.jpg
Personality: Busty redhead (whoops that was physical description :P) who uses seduction and flattery what she wants when on the civil end. Force and torture on the less civil end. Likes to take a gamble and prefers to maintain a luxurious lifestyle.
Ideal: In it for herself, likes being the centre of attention as soon as the situation allows it
Bond: Thrown out of her birthtown at a young age by a competing sibling. Wants to return and exact vengeance
Flaw: Spends money faster than it comes in, likes a luxurious lifestyle
Brief History: Was chased out of her hometown by a half-brother. Destitute she turned to prostitution (and excelled at the lewd kind) until gathering up enough coin to enter a bard’s college. Afterwards joined a tradeship to see the world but the entire affair devolved into a piracy bender. Returned to the land to ply her old trade as a bard but ended up as a Zentharim enforcer instead as being a travelling bard turns out to be the perfect cover. She is not particularly known for any combat feats and for good measure as all of her fighting and battle achievements took place when she was part of a pirate crew. This is information she does not want to be common and prefers not to talk about (you never know who you might run into after all)
Brief Ons/Offs: Hehe, I wouldn’t mind capturing an enemy or two and see where it leads from there. I have no problem with those roles being reversed though. Basically it is all in my ons/offs list.

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Grundar Goldtusk
Concept: Natural born mercenary
Physical Description: Grundar is six and half-foot tall brown skinned orc with gold iris eyes and white hair and has prominent tusks, decorated with gold and thus earn his nickname. His body is powerfully build and bears scars and he wears practical but finely made clothes.
Personality: Brutal, efficient and cunning in battle and eager display his (and Zhents) dominance upon victims of him or his band.
Ideal/Bond/Flaw: "In life as in war, the stronger force wins.", "Those who fight beside me are those worthy of my respect.", "I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven combatant."
Brief History: Grundar was born in Moonsea area from affair between zhent mercenary and tavernwench, he worked his earlier years in tavern in various tasks but all mercenaries visiting in tavern (and mother) influenced him become mercenary himself. So early age he joined Zhent led band and he haven't looked back since. He has worked through many companies, missions, survived battles. He never knew who his exact father was in Zhent organization hierarchy, as mother's tales are wilder than even his imagination can come up with! But nor he much cares as he is mostly self-grown man, grown through his own experiences and battle.

He is renown for three deeds; One big battle where he downed enemy commander in a duel and brought his head for his commander (got paid nice extra for that job), he made one whore house run out of whores to sate his carnal desires (he was pretty horny after eight month campaign with no woman in sights) and him alone kill a small band of mercs who were about turn against the original employer and he refusing betray original contract and his own band turn against him....but he survived it.
Brief Ons/Offs: Ons; Dominance, noncon, dubcon, bondage, rough housing/sex, multiple partners, blowjobs, Offs; Body wastes, Guro, MxM, Mutilation (done to him)

adventure girls

Hey!  I’m new the site so if you don’t mind taking on a fresh face I’m game. :)  Best way of reaching me is discord or email.  I’m trying to get the hang of this site still!  I’ve played Pathfinder (and other D&D) so my char being a summoner would have two being with it… >_>;  So the app is both her and her summons incase you want the detail.  Hope to drag me along.

Name:  Aria  (Herbert)
Concept: Summoner that’s a siren/faun.  She’s a mischief maker.   ( He’s her summoned.  The big one.  The little ones are different. )
Physical Description: As a halfling she takes her dad’s (fauns) most shape.  White blonde hair, three and a half feet tall,  often you find her with golden flakes on her face for makeup / spell regents, and robes.  All of them!  (  He is a long serpent one that likes to wrap snugly around her and often goes out on his own. Mutations will be developed as we grow.    )
Personality:   Mischief maker who tries to keep calm.  ( The catalyst for Aria’s mischief. )
Ideal/Bond/Flaw: “Money buys shinies.  Yep.  Want.”  “Pretty sure that Tamtam was innocent but I’m good with it.”  “The world revolves around me you just don’t know it yet.”
Brief History: Aria & Herbert were out adventuring one time along the mountainside when they came across a small cave they never seen before.  This was curious as she use to play in the area a lot of a child and couldn’t help but to want to explore.  Inside of there she found a statue which once she picked it up somehow teleported her to a dungeon where she met a group of adventurers who found himself in the same situation.

Long story short: the adventure crew became known as “The Fallenfury”.  A group of ragtag men lead by a single faun who often rode on the leg or shoulder of a giant.  Not only did they escape the dungeon, defeat a lot of bosses; but a well known Bard (Kavius - who had been popular for years before this encounter) happened to have traveled with them and told the stories in popular hits around the world. 

“Babe, We'Ve Only Just Begun”  -  This jolly tune is about the faun and her summon’s duel fighting techniques. 

“She Heard She Doesn't Care” - From the Giant about the Faun when they told her their success rate was very little.  It also speaks of her famous panties.  ( "She heard she doesn't care... but she wears lace underwear.." )

After this wide success and fame she was accepted into a few groups (some by choice and other by persuasion) including the  Zhentarim.

Brief Ons/Offs: Action, adventure, romance, that sorta thing.  Ons and Offs; uhhh… HMMM.  See this is where I’m new.  Offs:  Bathroom stuff, gore, that stuff..  Ons:  BDSM?  Pet play?  I dunno.  Surprise me! 

edit:  Formatted.  Hey! I found that button!
radiating honest ignorance
discord & email on request

o/o, char sheets, & stuff

Doomblade403xxx

Name: Nightshade

Concept: Human Rogue

Physical Description: A normal looking fellow in leather armor. A man you would hardly look at twice or even remember seeing. But a thief who can nic a purse or slide in a dagger with equal skill and enthusiasm.

Personality: Very quiet and in the background. Rogues don't like being noticed.

Ideal/Bond/Flaw: Quietly attempting to build wealth and power. Someday wants to create or take over a thieves guild.

Brief History: Nightshade is a man who will take what he wants and never apologize for his actions. It's all about him. His money. His power. His ascent to the top of the pile. He learned this behavior at a young age when his family was killed by a tribe of goblins. He ran to the 'safety' of Daggerdale and learned no one cared about his family farm or the deaths of his family. His training in the rogue arts was more survival than choice, and he learned quickly that someone elses money spends equally well at the market, and that lives are cheap.

Joined the Zhents to make money and to pick up more mercenary skills. He acts as a scout and a intelligence gatherer with a full complement of disguises and skills to keep himself safe.

Brief Ons/Offs: action/adventure that kinda stuff. Hetero sexy stuff minus gore and scat

AnneReinard

One quick bit from me - I'm neglecting my interest thread to put details on here, but there was a question asked about the nature of the Zhentarim.

The Zhentarim is a fraction of its former power and has been working to rebuild their network. The highest echelons of the Zhentarim are distinctly leaning into the Lawful Evil side of things (with religious connections to Bane), but it should be noted that this is not common knowledge. To most people, the Zhentarim are merely the best mercenaries money can buy. To those more in the knowledge, they understand that the Zhentarim does what it can to make it so that everyone will rely on the Zhentarim and not any rivals. Only a small fraction of people know the darker truth at the core.

But you are the grunts - mercenaries to the core. You understand that the Zhentarim looks out for number one and that if you can do something that will help their position long term, it is worth doing.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Revelation

Name: Leon Reinhardt
Concept: Hero turned selfish (Paladin)
Physical description:  ( https://i.imgur.com/zxXlkBB.jpg ) Dark haired, tall, well toned with a warrior’s build, Leon is clearly a man who takes care of himself.
Personality: Once a good man, Leon has become far more focused on himself and rising above where he is. Has an honorable core and respects his word, but is also ruthless when it comes to taking what he feels is his or should be his.
Ideal: ‘The strong protect the weak through ownership’
Bond: ‘I look out for my allies, even when it’s against my best interests’
Flaw: ‘I do not back down on my promises, even if it’s to my detriment’
Brief history: Once a potentially promising knight of Lathander, Leon had witnessed corruption in the ranks and when he reported to a higher authority about it, quickly found himself betrayed by some of his peers and cast out from the order. This quickly soured him on proper ideals of justice and mercy, and seemingly abandoned by those who he counted as allies, found that the only person he could trust was himself – and that to ensure it would never happen again, he sought his own ideals of power. He sees the Zhentarim as dangerous ‘allies’, but the pay is good, and in the end he knows where their loyalties like: Themselves. He sees them as a temporary ally until he can stand with a core of people to gain power, prestige, and what he desires.
Ons/offs: What I want from the story: To explore an honorable, if not so heroic character looking out for himself and his close friends. Action, adventure, romance. Kinks: Master/slave, and see general player on/offs.

Chulanowa

I will come up with something after work! I've already got a few ideas

Snake

Damn this went quick! I'll have one by tomorrow! I"m considering a merc either way but male or female? Maybe male. :3 A sort of up-and-coming warlord type from Damara or Illusk?

Muse

• Name:  Alomar Gemblossom
  • Concept: Outcast bladesinger.
  • Physical Description: As a sun elf, Alomar has golden skin and fiery hair.  There is a bladesinger's guild tatoo--a lion with a full mane--on his back.  .
  • Personality: Alanorn is haughty, arrogant, and dominant.  He is also a team player, loyal to his friends and companions--though maybe a little bit grabby with the girls. 
  • Ideal/Bond/Flaw:
  • Brief History: A highborn sun elf from Everska, Alanorn grew up entitled, but also with a sense of duty to his vassals and his people.  He studied magic and swordsmanship.  A lecher at heart, he had a tendency as a young man to pull the housemaids into the pantry for a quality kiss and cuddle.  As he grew older, his attraction extended to women of his own station.  After using a bit of hypnotic magic to take advantage of a well born virgin, Alomar was sentenced to a century of exile from Everska.  He joined the Zhentarim to make his living during his exile by sword and spell and to explore the pleasures of mortal flesh. 
    • Brief Ons/Offs: Action, adventure, and a lot of dub con fun on the way.

I figured I should get this up fast.  I'll find an illustration and get out more detail soon. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on October 27, 2017, 01:14:02 PM
Damn this went quick! I'll have one by tomorrow! I"m considering a merc either way but male or female? Maybe male. :3 A sort of up-and-coming warlord type from Damara or Illusk?

Considering my half-orc is merc as well we may know each other :). But if going fighter; we should pick different archtypes (myself leaning to champion because crit stacking and half-orcs got racial for extra crit stuff as well).

Snake

Daril

This is somewhat tentative, but I decided I should get something in.  Hopefully I'm not too late.

Name: Dalia
Concept: Half-drow swordswoman/experienced mercenary.  A bit of an outsider due to her heritage.
Physical Description: I've been thinking of using this image as a character model, though I could also go with a more reasonable appearance.
Personality: Dalia deliberately cultivates a ruthless and somewhat masculine image.  Whether it's money or the favors of beautiful maidens, she insists on her share of the rewards.
Ideal:  She may act like she's in a mercenary company for the rewards, but after so long in the business it's really more because its where she feels at home.
Bond: Still need to work out this part.  It's a bit tricky because of her age.
Flaw: Secretly a switch.  :P
Brief History: Due to her half blood heritage, Dalia was abandoned on the surface at a young age and ended up being captured by slavers.  She was trained a gladiator and passed off as an actual drow in arena fights (whose audiences were often too ignorant to tell the difference).  She eventually won her freedom, then turned to mercenary work as a way of using her skills to earn a living.  After several decades in the business, she's built up a formidable reputation as a mercenary and swordswoman.
Brief Ons/Offs: Both the character and I prefer girls.  I wouldn't say she's necessarily entirely unattracted to males, but she generally goes for girls, perhaps due to her image and to avoid complications.  As noted previously, the character is secretly a switch.

Guancyto

Ah, why the heck not.

Name: Kaelo Tsandliml, "Five Eyes"
Concept: Adrenaline junkie wizard
Physical Description: Slight build, brown hair with freckles and glasses
Personality: Really enjoying the life of a mercenary as a chance to cut loose
Ideal: Unlimited arcane power, unlimited knowledge, unlimited wealth, and unlimited cute stable boys. Not necessarily in that order.
Bond: But really, would settle for getting herself out from under a mountain of debt
Flaw: Doesn't know when to leave well enough alone.
Brief History: It's one thing to be a wizard's apprentice. Sure they make you fetch newts at weird hours and forbid you from animating brooms to do your chores for you, but at least they don't charge money! Or make you borrow money if you can't pay! And usually they leave you with some sort of job prospects. Kaelo's master was decidedly more mercenary about the whole thing, so Kaelo was up to her ears in debt for her education and baristas hadn't even been invented yet! Killing things for money sounded both profitable and cathartic. Not to mention the other lifestyle benefits!
Brief Ons/Offs: Action, adventure, romance, dubcon, sass

Zaer Darkwail

Just to confirm Daril that primarily your char goes dominant on women (and play image as amazon/lesbian) but her flaw is that she is secretly switch and is capable enjoying being sub to dominant males? Or is the switch side more to chance for dubcon happening to your char?

Daril

What I was thinking is that the character is bisexual, but generally pursues girls to maintain an image as "one of the boys" and avoid certain complications.  However both female and male captors could potentially bring out her submissive side.  ;)

In truth it is kind of an awkward way of working around the fact that I'm not really into dominating males (and really like girl on girl).  I suppose another way to handle things would be for any potential captors to be female but that would probably make things difficult for the GM.

DeviantMunster

Snake

I'd like to play a werewolf myself but how's that work in 5e? I hear it's simpler

adventure girls

Quote from: Snake on October 28, 2017, 04:40:45 PM
I'd like to play a werewolf myself but how's that work in 5e? I hear it's simpler

Well - this I can answer for that in the 5e side.  It's a curse now.  It also depends on your base race.  Most cases you get a bonus and a negative.  Like if you're a Tiefling Lycanthrope you Charisma score increase but you lose your infernal trait (I can look it up for you if you tell me your base race).  You can also remove it, with a curse removal spell (if TURNED) or a wish (if born), and only lower levels lose their ability to control their shape.

It's def more RP friendly for those looking to control their curse.. but I like the random will tear into people's throats part of things sometimes. :)   Then again I played in curse of the strahd and loved the darkness.

Snake

I'd love to try it because I don't get to do it that often. Can you link or PM me the information please?

adventure girls

Snake

Thanks a bunch! :3 But a natural born lycanthrope is said to always be able to control themselves; which makes them the ideal to use for PC

adventure girls

Yeah the second thing I sent explains the 'if you were turned and using the dice / moon' rolls.   However - it has the 'in wolf shape here is your stats' explain part.

Snake

Chulanowa

I'll be coming up with a cleric as soon as i can settle down the specifics of what kind  ;D