Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelyn

I can completely empathize with not wanting to read through so many pages.  I was told to just read the last page or two just to get an idea of who is where, doing what, etc.  However, I went the long route.  It did take me a few days, and I did skim A LOT, but I got the gist of who is who, for the most part, which kind of helps I think.  Just my two cents.  :)

BTW, I am pretty much a Halo virgin.  I mean, I've heard of it, of course, but I really don't know much about it.  So I'm kinda filling in what I can with either info from Gladiator or the Halopedia thingy - or other sci fi type genres that seem to fit.  That being said, and as I told Gladiator, if I mess something up somewhere, just let me know.  I'm pretty girly when it comes to weapons and the like, which is kinda why my character is a little off the norm.  Hopefully she'll work herself in and be at least a little useful though. 

I'll work on my next post sometime this weekend, or so I'm hoping. 

Oh, and Gladiator, you know I'm a Twilight fanfic fan, so :ppppp

Sushi

Well, if you have any gun or weapons-related questions just run them by me~
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Hello Micheal, again thanks for being interested in our rp!

Like Vengurd said this rp can take awhile to get going sometimes, so patience is absolutely necessary but, to answer your question, no, I wouldn't mind another player but, what and who you play is totally up to you.

However, we do have alot of Spartans on this team, and if I am remembering correctly, we have two Marines, and a ODST. I would prefer if you would choose either a Marine, Army, or a ODST character since we only have three quote un-quote "normal" humans running around a bunch of Spartans but, again the choice is yours.

The only things I'll ask of you is to read the last two pages to get caught up on the situations our characters are in, get a feel for our characters to help you with your own, and thus give yourself time to somehow think up of a scenario that explains why your character is just catching up/finding our guys.

I would also ask that you write out a little bio of your character like Maelyn did. It doesn't have to be as lengthy but, I would like to know a little about your character and you're writing style. ;)

Alright, I think that's it. Hope to be rping with you soon :)

Sushi

Gladiator, do you mind posting again to move the Warthog plot?
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Sure but, only if you don't mind me npc-ing Valkyrie for a little bit. Since you know, you're driving, lol.

The Golden Touch

Some cosplay prawn for the group:

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

avt2

That's actually pretty awesome. Any chance that's you?

The Golden Touch

It isn't me, but the husband has now demanded I work on building my own armor. Which I will be making Kelly-087, one of the group of Spartan IIs (This includes Samuel-034, and John-117)

The husband wants Emile. Ugh, Emile's helmet suuuuucks.

avt2

Haha I've always been interested in making my own, but it's balls hard and I don't have time. If I could just snap and have my own armor I'd do it in a heartbeat (duh, I guess)

The Golden Touch

Emile's will be harder than Kelly's but I have an idea of how I'm going to do it. There are lots of ways to complete it and I'm ready to jump on it.

Besides my Draenei costume, and my Sivir (League of Legends champ), I also need to start the hubby's Olaf and Gears of War armor.

avt2

Haha holy crap, do you take commissions? :P  (j/k I'm poor right now)

Also, waiting on you in the thread, just fyi.

The Golden Touch

If there is money involved, I will do commissions. ^ ^  And I know its my turn. I will get to it eventually.

Gladiator0161

Holy crap that's awesome GT, I'd totally hit you up to make me some suits if I had any money. Why does every issue I have always come down to money? lol :P

The Golden Touch

Like I said, that isn't me- but I'm gearing (Haha pun) up to make my own. Cannot wait. ;3 May become my image for my posts here whenever I get it done. Haha...

And don't you know? Money makes the world go 'round, world go around...

Sushi

KELLY O:

I have so much love for the Blue Team from the novels. Do you know if anybody will do Linda? :D

The Golden Touch

I have no idea! I wish I could find someone to do Linda so we can have a huge ass team of spartans roaming around. Sin said he may do Sam-034 instead, since Emile's helmet is fantastically annoying.

Sushi

Yeah~ Or maybe a Spartan-III from Ghosts of Onyx - they had a pretty interesting design aesthetic, at least judging from the cover art. The possibilities are really out there~

Also Gladiator: Puppeting for that post is fine~

A friend told me I had a bit of stuff in my post that was reminiscent of the Forward Unto Dawn and Halo 4. Having not experienced either, I was thoroughly confused O:

Vengurd

As amazing as the cosplay is, when I looked closely at the picture it looked more like the toys/collectibles they sell than someone in a costume. That can mean one of two things. Either the cosplay is so good it has effectively captured the details, or, not so great, it is so terrible that it looks plastic and stuck. Personally I don't know what to think, it could be any number of things, lighting, angle, material used, the camera itself, coloration, effects, any number of things. Though it does appear my thoughts on the image changes about every time I take a look at it, so it could just be my screen that is making it look funky. I'll take another look later once people start getting up and I can get my glasses and a better screen to look at it.

Sushi, while I can see somewhat where your friend would come up with that, I was more closely reminded of Back Hawk Down, a purely Military movie based on true events, or possibly Wind-Talkers, another military movie based on true events (World War Two, invading the island of saipan and a couple of other small islands on the way to Japan).

Speaking of Halo 4, I am very unsure about the ending. The game itself was spectacular, great graphics, controls were pretty intuitive, the makings of a solid game, but the ending....I don't know. I don't know whether to like it, dislike it, denounce it as out of character (for fan-boyish reasons more than anything), hail it as a masterpiece or just hide in a hole and throw rocks at sticks to make a pizza. :/

EMO

Is this still open for new characters and if so are sangheili allowed? I was thinking of something like a child sangheili stowed away on his father's warship and became a prisoner of war who was trained to fight alongside spartans.

The Golden Touch

You don't have to guess if its an action figure or a cosplay since I've seen this particular suit as it is was built. The girl that made this is incredibly talented with foam.

EMO

Quote from: EMO on November 26, 2012, 01:46:47 PM
Is this still open for new characters and if so are sangheili allowed? I was thinking of something like a child sangheili stowed away on his father's warship and became a prisoner of war who was trained to fight alongside spartans.

I would like to bump my question.

The Golden Touch

You really don't need to bump, nor should you. Gladiator will get back to you when he gets online.

ashia starstreak

I'd have to agree with Vengurd. The picture looks strange. Might be the phone, or the angle. Foam though huh? That's pretty interesting. I've never worked with foam before, I played with stirofoam once though after it stuck all over me (static) I became too flustered. The only costume I've ever completed was Emily from corpse bride. The paint took 3hrs to do (I mean she blue so of course), but the eyes looked pretty cool. A trick to make my own appear larger probably was the reason I got double, triple looks. Wish I would've had time to mold me the little maggot. Oh well, everyone knew who I was, so I guess it didn't matter.

I also agree with Golden Touch, EMO. This is a slow moving thread and nothing gets overlooked so bumping has no real usefulness.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

The Golden Touch

I was pretty blown away when I first saw it, but here's the series of pictures via Gallery Halo cosplay prawn. If you want to hear from the girl on how she made it, this is her thread on 405th. It will take some scrolling and clicking but she is really amazing.

Sushi

Quote from: The Golden Touch on November 27, 2012, 07:15:07 AM
I was pretty blown away when I first saw it, but here's the series of pictures via Gallery Halo cosplay prawn. If you want to hear from the girl on how she made it, this is her thread on 405th[url]. It will take some scrolling and clicking but she is really amazing.
That really is amazing O: