Black & White: a New Age....... Interist check

Started by Ironwolf85, May 18, 2010, 10:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

actually "Pagan" in dictionary sense means one worships nature as a concept instead of a god. they worship nature directly...
Pagan is not a tribe... it'd be nature worshipers of an existing tribe
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Zebu

Dictionary.com strikes with great justice!

Pagan
–noun
1. one of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks.
2. a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim.
3. an irreligious or hedonistic person.
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Ironwolf85

oh then every person on Eden is a pagan... congrats you got your wish
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Ramael

Thanks Zebu and Ironwolf.

Here we go.

Semrus

(all picture credit goes to the artist, not me)

Tribe: Pagans
Divine level: 10
Prefered Avatars: See above

Elements and powers: The powers of Semrus manifests in delirious states, often in fits of passion and excessive emotion. Thus, Semrus is present in many rituals, be they dedicated to him or no. Also, during sex, before a battle, in theatrics or a performance, these are when Semrus makes his presence known to those who follow him.

He often takes the form of one of his followers to walk among them, anonymously, his god-powers absent to him in this form. He likes visiting, wooing and bedding the prettiest of his female followers, arrangeing romantic matches between favourites of his, and starting fights. He is prayed to on the eve of battle, and usually before a planned bout of lovemaking.

Semrus becomes a little more powerful everytime a mutual orgasm is dedicated to him, a death of a non-Pagan, non Semrus-follower in battle is dedicated to him, and a feast held by a large group of his followers is dedicated to him.

the Pure Prayer that Created you:
Pagans, offshoots of the Celtic tribe, had moved to their own island, free of the binds of other tribes, and free to create their own utopia of wild fantasies and passionate creativity. However, after long skirmishes with other tribes better armed then they, the Pagans were underpopulated, and as a result couldn't hold onto their fields of crops and livestock. In a final, desperate prayer to any who would listen, the Pagans created a huge, ritualised play about their journey as a tribe, a massive, colourful and spectacular epic called the Semmarach, a last plea to any divine force that would heed their call.

Semrus answered their plea and warmed to the Pagans' heartfelt performance, revelled in their lusts and bright passions. He was present in every skirmish from thenceforth, aiding the Pagans in subtle ways, pouring into their warrior's hearts at the starts of battle to empower them, trickling into their adult's loins encouraging more frequent and rapid matings which resulted in more Pagans being born, and seeping into their bellies, inspiring more exciting feasting which begot wider ranges of hunting.

His avatar is a mixture of lust and passion embodied, a leering and dangerously handsome young man filled with fruitful loins and the urge to fight gloriously with any enemies of his beloved tribe. The avatar has the power of wind at his feet, giving him the power to leap great distances and glide temporarily.

The Semmarach is performed, duly and gladly, every year deep in the forests of Semrus' island.

Ironwolf85

Zebu

So...  We all reign over separated islands with well-established spheres of influence.  Perhaps we should come up with a plot to change that.  Do we all want to work towards a common purpose, or struggle like those Grecian deities?
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Sanai

Name: Hadrian
Tribe: Roman
Divine level: 12
Prefered Avatars: Hadrian prefers to take the form of a roman soldier, wearing an ornate version of a legionaires armour. However, he also has a pair of tawny coloured wings when in his avatar form. He crafted his avatar from steel, yet such was his artistry and the magic he put into it, that it appears and feels fully human, yet has the strength of steel.
Elements and powers: Force and Courage. Kaelyn does not use his powers for flashy displays of fire or lightning, instead using pure force. When he wants to blast something, it is as if his opponent was hit by an invisible wall, a ripple flying through the air. He is also able to work in the hearts, minds and bodies of his worshippers, filling them with energy and resolve, making them faster and stronger, and their skin hard as leather or steel. He is also capable of flight in his avatar form, and has imbued wings of steel with his power, enabling the most elite of his soldiers to fly aloft with razor sharp feathers. His people are great disciplined soldiers, with a highly militaristic society.
the Pure Prayer that Created you: As the great battle between life and death raged, the romans, scattered by the aztec horde, now split into two groups. The citizens, the civilians, the senate, fled across the sea, looking for a safe island, away from the strife. But a large portion of the surviving military, the mighty legions, remained. These legions fought the aztecs, some of them working as mercenaries for various tribes, some raiding aztec territory or trying to save refugees, others simply trying to survive. One legion, trapped on a small island, fought valiantly to defend a fort, one that guarded a mountain pass. On one side of the pass, the refugees of the island, the former inhabitants, fleeing to escape the forces of the evil god. On the other, aztec warriors, trying to breach the wall and enslave the refugees. Only the under strength legion stood in the way. They fought for days, taking casualties but holding the line. Then, just as the line was about to be breached, the wall overrun, a group of soldiers were praying, desperatly, not for survival, just that their deaths would have meaning, that someone out there cared. There prayer, created Hadrian, who arrived, and immediatly filled the soldiers with resolve and courage, causing axes and spears to bounce of their shields, armour and skin. The legionaires were able to break the aztecs will, and repel them. The refugees and the legion now had a new god, one that would help them restore the honour and glory of the roman tribe.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Vergil1989

I know we have an, for lack of a better term, 'emotional god', but mine's a bit darker for what I have in mind.

Name: Genrush
Tribe: Egyptians.  (I don't believe I saw them among the people here already, if so I can change.)
Divine level: 13
Prefered Avatars: Able to mold the flesh of the recently dead, Genrush prefers those of the male gender, since he himself is such.  When successfully transformed, he appears as such. 
Elements and powers: Genrush the Lustful, Genrush the Procreator, Genrush the Maker of Many, (and not all of them his 'devotees' wanted to bear.)  Able to incite a raging desire in even the strongest of willful and resistant people, Genrush delights in causing dark passions to flare at whatever times he wishes them to happen.  He also has control of fire, given his temper and what he symbolizes to his chosen, that of a raging tempest of the heart and mind.  When he chooses to walk among his people, Genrush possesses the body of the recently deceased, and molds the flesh to look like a winged and handsome devil, that most women find hard to resist if they so much as lock eyes with him.  Genrush however, despite his dark and twisted desires of the flesh, will not hesitate to lead his chosen to battle when the need arises, granting only his most devoted of warriors the abilities to weave powerful illusions over the minds of his enemies, so that the regular folk can cut them down without a fight.
the Pure Prayer that Created you: Given their massive losses in the wars that followed and passed over the years, the hardy desert people prayed and prayed hard for the chance to repopulate their numbers.  The loss of so much life and being pushed to the brink of extinction granted them an answer they weren't expecting in the form of a winged devil that immediately set upon one of the priests that were too close to him.  After it was done, and the woman was unconscious from the event, Genrush simply stepped over her and smiled, sending chills down the gathered, until the first mass 'ritual' started a few minutes later.  Needless to say, Genrush enjoyed the show while those he incited into a mating frenzy went at it like animals that first night.  They gave into his will shortly after that, offering their virgin daughters to him when they came of age, and Genrush repaid the kindness in turn by offering his people powerful magics and the ability to fight against whoever opposed them for their worship of his ways.  When the night of a full moon comes around, expect to see Genrush and a harem in the high temple that was constructed for his perverse pleasures.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Ironwolf85

my first post will be The One inviting the younger deities to his captial. he wants to take stock of them.
also I enjoy watching divine powerstruggles. go ahead fight, make alliances, and sleep around, politically and religiously.
The One is just there to make sure nobody wrecks the entire world for everyone