Planet of Perils (Sci-Fi Adventure Request, variable Rating)

Started by Terian, November 07, 2013, 02:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terian

Hey everyone!

I've tried to get takers for this game early in the year, and had a few early attempts at it before the GMs either lost interest, or had RL intervening to make them unable to proceed.  Then my computer wound up breaking, having been only repaired very recently.

So with that out of the way, I'd like to try warming this idea up, and seeing if I can get anyone willing to run the game!

The premise is fairly straightforward.

"Cute Lady Space Soldier Stranded on a Hostile World!"

The actual details behind this are largely variable, going from "Marooned" to "Shot down by Aliens" to "Exploratory Expedition gone Wrong", and easily discussed if need be.  I'm looking for an--ideally--long term game here, but would be perfectly willing to have a shorter campaign as long as it actually Happens.

The game would have elements of Survival along with the more traditional dangers of aliens, aggressive flora, or hostile robots. Food and air would be important commodities, as would finding safe and secure shelter to rest.  It would also have various Metroidvania sorts of character progression (Finding new and useful stuff to make you Better at your Job).

The difficulty would also be ideally Quite Hard, with various Bad Ends likely to occur.  Though ideally with a "Restore from Last Save Point" mechanic if a longer game was intended.  This may drive the rating to as high as EX depending on the GM's particular tastes, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd be basically okay with everything that doesn't involve graphic maiming.  Ryona is fine, full out Guro and Scat not so much, if you're familiar with the terms.

I've some possible references for character and equipment included below to help catch someone's attention.

Possible images for the MC and what she's wearing underneath the armor below, I'm Personally partial to the second, but am willing to be flexible if it gets me a GM/

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

And possible battlesuit designs below!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

So!  Any takers? Most details are up for discussion and negotiation

Terian

Terian

Monthly bump on this concept, because it's still something I'd like to try.

Terian

Monthly Bump, this hasn't stopped being a concept I'd like to try, despite the lack of interest I've seen in it.

Terian

Bumping this again, though with increasing despair regarding anyone being interested in running :(

A mech game with a similar concept would also be acceptable.

Terian

One last bump for the road before I officially give up on this.

Terian

And by "Give Up", I mean "Gain the courage to try one more time several months later".

This is a bump.

Neysha

I'll bite and give this RP a chance. You seem to really want to do it after all. :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

scribus1000

Interesting...I'm going to bookmark this for now, if I weren't full on RPs I'd probably take a nibble.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Terian

Quote from: Neysha on July 23, 2014, 01:39:18 PM
I'll bite and give this RP a chance. You seem to really want to do it after all. :p

Very much appreciated!

Seriously, I had a few starts, but most of them didn't go very far :(

Terian

At nearly a year since my last attempt, going to draw attention here and hope that things work out this time.

Biles

This thread would have been ideal for me if it allowed futa, shemale, and femboy characters for the scenario.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Terian

Few months since, had a couple people asking for me to GM for them, when I'm seeking a GM :(

Well, maybe another bump might have more luck...

Terian

Another several month bump here, to see if any interest has ever cropped up.

Phoenixrisen

If you're looking for a GM rather than just a story back and forth between two people you may have better luck in this forum. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding and you want a one on one with a GM, even still you'd likely have better luck there were those who want to GM would be looking for ideas.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Terian

Bumping this a few months later, let's see if any takers materialize.