News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on May 15, 2011, 04:11:36 PM
Crap!

I know what I'll do though. I'll enter the area at a lower level, then come back when I hit fifty with T51-B power armor and the special super sledge.

Yeah no, This thing is a god.

You better be packing super stimpacks and everything, cause seriously, he will kill you.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaw_%28Fallout:_New_Vegas%29#Legendary_deathclaw

It has the most HP out of any enemy in the game, and it hits twice as hard as a normal death claw, sir.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on May 15, 2011, 04:15:22 PM
Yeah no, This thing is a god.

You better be packing super stimpacks and everything, cause seriously, he will kill you.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaw_%28Fallout:_New_Vegas%29#Legendary_deathclaw

It has the most HP out of any enemy in the game, and it hits twice as hard as a normal death claw, sir.
*Cries* I think my brother killed it but his build had the epic anti-material rifle with AP rounds. *Flails*
I'm going to be addicted to med-x by the time this is over.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Deathclaws... mimic human speech? Since when? o.O

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on May 15, 2011, 04:36:32 PM
Whenever you're not around to get totally bitch slapped by Satan's right hand a.k.a. the deathclaw?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

It's probably not in the games, but it's probably information from the Fallout Bible.

octaviath

Welp, while I may not being playing Fallout much anymore, I have been working on Bioshock 2 for the PS3. I have to say, I liked the first one much better, but still, this is a pretty good game. One again, I come to find all those wonderful little power ups are fun to experiment with, especially Pyrokenisis! (Maybe I have a little -too- much fun with fire  :P). Ah, Little Sisters...once you get over those large yellow eyes and that warped/demonic voice their sporting they're actually kinda' cute! Harvesting them just isn't in my heart...don't get me wrong! I'd love to have more Adam but those little faces and their calling me 'Daddy' just melts this tin-man's heart. Love those Little Sisters...

Those Big Sisters...*shivers*

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.284132-Valve-Discusses-Charging-Customers-Based-on-Popularity

QuoteOne of Gabe Newell's theoretical Steam payment methods would charge more for players that are awful people.

This had me rolling for a good five minutes..xD

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on May 15, 2011, 04:47:20 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.284132-Valve-Discusses-Charging-Customers-Based-on-Popularity

This had me rolling for a good five minutes..xD
Wow, the legality of that is questionable. Seriously, you might refuse someone service for being a jackass, but I've never heard of being charged more for it.

consortium11

In Fallout 2 the intelligent Deathclaws were able to "speak", but lacking human vocal cords they did so by mimicking human speech in the way a parrot does. The vast majority of Deathclaws don't have the intelligence to do this and the canon ending for Fallout 2 (as things stand for now and expanded on slightly below) is that all of the intelligent Deathclaws were wiped out by the Enclave by the end of Fallout 2.

A direct quote from Chris Avellone on the subject:

"BTW, the talking deathclaws were destroyed at the end of Fallout 2. Xarn and Goris did not go on to create a new species. They are gone. Kaput. Goodbye. In fact, any mutant animal that talks can safely be assumed to have died at the end at the exact minute that Fallout 2 was over."

dready

Quote from: Inkidu on May 15, 2011, 04:29:48 PM
*Cries* I think my brother killed it but his build had the epic anti-material rifle with AP rounds. *Flails*
I'm going to be addicted to med-x by the time this is over.
It is advised to have the 'And Stay Back' Perk coupled with your highest capacity and fastest shooting shotgun to take down a deathclaw.

However, I also use the Anti-Matter rifle in the middle of maxed out stealth from a vantage point that the deathclaw AI cannot reach... most of the time. Shoot a leg on each 'claw and they won't reach you.

Inkidu

You know, I've literally drunk so much Sunset Sarsaparilla at various intervals it's given me like a days worth of health regeneration. Damn bottle caps. 

dready

I use to do the same with the large quantities of Nuka-Cola I would ingest.

Sylk

Dragon Age 1

never played it before. I played it for 5 solid hours last night..... oh boy, I'm in trouble
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Wolfy

Quote from: Sylk on May 17, 2011, 02:53:39 PM
Dragon Age 1

never played it before. I played it for 5 solid hours last night..... oh boy, I'm in trouble

5 hours playing a game is nothing.

Try playing 24 hours with only 30 minute breaks to eat 3 meals and 5-10 minute breaks to use the bathroom.

Then we'll talk. ;D

Sylk

*lol* for someone my age, who doesn't really consider themself a 'gamer'  it's quite a lot.  Besides, I had to do it when all the children had gone to bed.
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on May 17, 2011, 03:21:35 PM
5 hours playing a game is nothing.

Try playing 24 hours with only 30 minute breaks to eat 3 meals and 5-10 minute breaks to use the bathroom.

Then we'll talk. ;D
This is the kind of behavior that makes people think that all video-game players are antisocial wackos, you know? It's not true though. We're antisocial because we're tired of other people stealing all the food for our wizards. D:

Oniya

Quote from: Sylk on May 17, 2011, 03:56:12 PM
*lol* for someone my age, who doesn't really consider themself a 'gamer'  it's quite a lot.  Besides, I had to do it when all the children had gone to bed.

Depends on the game.  I spent many an hour entertaining the little Oni with a silly purple dragon.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

I got L.A. Noir today. I like it a lot. It's not as movie-ish as people make it out to be. It's just a little more cerebral than, "Jack nearest car, run over as many people as possible before stunt diving out of it so it becomes one large missile you ramped to take out a police helicopter."

I mean, I like that and all, but that doesn't make L.A. Noir bad. Plus, it's developed by Australian team Bondi. Which raises the question: Given the explicit M rating it got in the states I wonder if Australia would ban its own game?

dready

Quote from: Inkidu on May 17, 2011, 04:39:12 PMGiven the explicit M rating it got in the states I wonder if Australia would ban its own game?
Yes, yes they would.

Sabby

Uhm... we have an M Rating. And MA. Its R18 we don't have, so if it only got an M in the states, it should be fine. The two things I've noticed that really get to the ratings board seems to be drug use and post mortem damaging. Anything that glorifies a drug (like turning Morphine into a health upgrade) and anything disrespectful to the dead (this includes dramatic character death, bodies still moving/twitching/bleeding after death)

Saints Row got around it pretty cleverly though. They made their drug power ups have negative side effects. Booze didn't just give you super strength, it made your screen wonky. It didn't glorify the use of alcohol as much, so the OFLC approved.

Sex, however... that ones a strict no-no. I hate having my entertainment evaluated by a bunch of aging, sheltered dicks :/

Wyrd

Just played the Red Faction: Armageddon and it's pretty much a piece of crap. not sure why we need another Red Faction really. Gorilla was fine, but I really don't care about this new one.   
Ragtime Dandies!

Sabby

Played the demo... it was alright, but putting it underground in corridors kind of detracts from it. 3 was great. Jump a car, spear through a roof, pull a turn on landing to slam through a wall, car starts smoking up, get out, hammer through a wall, the building gets the ass blown out of it, shudders, the glass shatters as the strain starts to hit from all the support being blown out, and the thing collapses on the soldiers inside.

Now what we got is a linear shooter where things explode. They explode good, don't get me wrong, but I'll miss being on the surface.

Sabby

Got L.A. Noir. So far, its pretty good, but I do have two issues, one very minor, and the other a pet peeve, so I can't really call it a problem with the game. First, it doesn't really have the polish of GTA4/RDR (just some jittery animations so far, nothing big). The other is... the physics.

Wheres the ragdoll guys? :/ This is Rockstar, the company currently in bed with Natural Motion, the Euphoria guys. Its there, but its hardly even used... people react to gunshots with standard animations and then keel over with standard animations, then clip into a ragdoll, and it makes zero sense to me. I tried shooting someone in the leg so I could arrest them and they just did the standard "Oh no, a bullet!" jerk and kept going.

Hemingway

I want L. A. Noire so bad. It doesn't come out for another 2 days, though. Which is probably just as well, as the last of my finals is on the 24th, so I'll probably be better off finishing those. After that, though, it's two months of gaming, RP and sleep.

Sabby

Fuck I suck at this >.< keep getting the wrong answers...