Fallout: Learning Curve (F for M)

Started by espendabelle, June 29, 2017, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

espendabelle

I started the Fallout series with Fallout 4, and fell in love with it from the outset. It had a lot of ideas that I really enjoyed exploring, and I found that I was crafting characters and their stories within the world in short order, trying to explore what their lives were like beyond the confines of the view that we got through the screen. Since then, I’ve begun to play some of the older games to learn more about the world and what it is like, and to explore it more fully.

This brings me to why I am here. I’d like to take it to the next level and try starting a RP set in the universe, giving me a more hands on feeling to the world and its characters. Rather then working from the plot or setting of one of the existing games, I had the idea of instead basing an RP in some as yet unexplored locale, such as the ruin of a major American city. It may be abandoned, it may be home to many smaller communities fighting for survival (and each other) or it may be home to some great secret.

Themes I would like to explore include:

• The idea of a “lost world” that has gone by
  • Science gone mad
  • The struggle to survive, and what people will do to stay alive
  • Exploration and discovery
  • Uncovering and rediscovering the past

I'm looking for engaging and well-developed RP that is centred around character, story, world and relationship building. I'm looking for slow-burn, long-term stuff that may not necessarily have a fixed goal or end-point. I don’t want our characters to fall in love on the first page. I don’t want them to be in bed on the first page either. I want genuine romance and attraction between the characters, not some forced circumstances. I am (mostly) looking to play female characters paired with male partners; note that the gender of the player is irrelevant for me. (For more information and a better idea of my preferences, see my ons and offs thread)

Generally I will write about three mid-length paragraphs per post and I expect the same in reply. I don’t need every post to be a novel, but at the same time I want more than just a few broken sentences. I love descriptive text that helps get the reader involved in the scene and the characters and better create the world around it.

I am open to ideas; if you have one or are interested in starting something, please PM me and we’ll see what we can work out.

espendabelle

This are just sample character ideas; they could be modified or changed depending on the needs of the story.

-----

Kara is a mercenary and explorer. A hired gun, she makes a living doing whatever dirty jobs that people need and are willing to cough up a few caps for. Her work is far from glamourous, and she has already compromised her morals far more then she ever wanted to in order to get by. But with few other marketable skills, it is the best way for her to survive in the wastes.

Her real passion is not violence, but exploration. She still yearns to delve into ruins, to find relics of the past world and to find their secrets. She wants to see more of the world, to travel and to learn about what life is like now, and what it was before the war that changed everything. However, such flights of fantasy are forever bound by the harsh realities of the world; she can’t get by on whims alone.

Kara has her own secrets, ones that she cannot hide from forever. One day, they will catch up with her, and she will have to face them. But for now, she does what she must, fighting to survive.

----

Alyss was born into the wastelands and raised in a scavenger community. Just surviving was hard enough, picking over the ruins of the old world for anything to sell in order to get enough food and water to live off. She had no real goals in life, beyond simply doing what was needed to stay alive in a harsh, unforgiving wasteland, beset upon by the constant threats of wild animals, raiders, radiation and whatever else.

And then it all changed for her. Halfway between recruited and conscripted into the Brotherhood of Steel, she now had a purpose in life that went beyond simply living day to day. She belonged to something bigger, given direction and focus. But all this would come with a price; as a part of the Brotherhood, she would need to fight for its cause and the future of humanity against enemies far more dangerous then she could have imagined.

espendabelle

New year. Let's give this another try.