Sp00nyCube's Looking for a Game, [F for Anyone]

Started by Sp00nyCube, March 09, 2017, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sp00nyCube

A Bit About Me...
    Hello, this is Sp00nyCube. I'm relatively new to the RP thing but old-hat at the writing thing. I am a full-time student so sometimes I can't reply to posts as much as I like but I do try to post at least once a week and sometimes if I have the free time multiple times a day. I love to write and I love tabletop and video gaming almost as much as I love reading.

UPDATE: Graduated and looking for more work/working. :) As such i have even less time to post but absolutely will when I get the chance, hang in there with me.

Fandoms I Like and Would Play in...

• Supernatural
    • Star Trek: The Original Series, Abrams Verse, The Next Generation and Voyager
    • Stargate: Atlantis
    • Harry Potter
    • Criminal Minds
    • NCIS
    • The Sentinel
    • The Hobbit/LOTR
    My Writing Style...
    So I have a style and such that works particulary well for some types of writers and not others. I find that I am something of a Noir Writer, in that I like having Noir elements in my storys. I am also a fan of dark and graphic themes and subtext. My main genres of choice usually fall into Dark Sci-fi Noir, Drama, Violent Crime and Supernatural Horror.

Additionally, I really don't care what type of characters you bring to my table I will write with and against anyone and anything you bring. I like a challenge and enjoy curve balls... might take me a bit to respond to them but I do like being surprised. I have nothing against writing male or female characters or people with pink and purple polka-dots if that's what you're into. I enjoy having a place where you can have fun and write some cool stories.

Craving...
    Right now I am craving some different RPs.

• Supernatural: I like the idea of not being part of the main cast so this one would be MC and YC doing their hunter thing while the main series takes place and we would be reacting to the hubbub of what the Winchesters do. No, we never meet them and yes it is terrifying because I also like the idea of not being the best at hunting to start with.
                     - Potential Plot #1: I was a little girl when I first knew that there was something going on in the world that no one else would tell me about. I remember my parents leaving for long stretches of time but never telling me where they were going or what it was they were doing, only that they were going to work. I was left with a family friend for days on end, alone and unwanted but I decided that if my family didn't want me then I didn't want them! I worked my ass off to go to college, and now here I am... but somethings going on on campus and I keep remembering half remembered dreams from when I was a little girl, nightmares of things that crawled out of the darkness reaching for me. It doesn't help that my new friend is trying to get right in the middle of it, and I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something terrible is going to happen. God, Mom, Dad, why did you have to die right when I needed you most?
    • Harry Potter: I am wanting to play an epic game here. Where we start at first year and work our way to the end. Along side Harry and his friends but again having nothing to do with their adventures, but only our own. MC would be an earnest and likeable Hufflepuff and so would YC. The Adventures of Hufflepuffs in Hogwarts! From innocent to not so much. Our adventures learning magic and trying not to be killed by crazy shit that happens at Hogwarts.
    • Star Trek: Because I'm a Trekkie and would love to play in this verse. I would prefer to go completely original in this though and taking the setting and making it work for MC and YC. Open to ideas if that's what you're into. So while I don't mind playing around the main characters of the series' i would prefer that we keep to original characters and explore interesting drama and character interactions around the main plot of the different series'.
                     - Potential Plot #2 (Voyager): My character is an alien, don't care what kind. and your character is a Starfleet officer on the USS Voyager. while trying to get home your character gets stranded on a desert planet and about to die you get saved by my character. whom quickly decides that your character is now hers, she did save your life after all. What follows is a character drama following the romantic interaction between MC and YC on the Voyager as terrible things keep happening to the main crew. 
    • The Sentinel: Boy am I a fan of this Canadian classic! ;D I love the Anthropology and the mysticism of the whole show! Ideally, MC would be a Guide and YC would be the Sentinel. In a Sentinel and Guide are known Universe or a reveal Verse sort of thing. MC would be a Lion guide/Detective hiding what she is and trying to make ends meet without a Sentinel. YC would be the Sentinel. Additionally, for this fandom, I cool with Crossing it over with another fandom if that is something you think you'd be into.... NCIS and Supernatural would be fun to cross and so would Criminal Minds and Stargate (pretty open with this idea) 

I am totally open to your thoughts to help flush these out... just general ideas that I'd be interested in working up with someone. The best way to get ahold of me is to Message me through this site.

Ongoing
         - To Boldly Go, A Star Trek RP with DukeJohn
         - The Skull and Bones over Aces and Eights, an Original Sci-Fi RP with Rotochron
    [/list]

Sp00nyCube

Craving Update...
              Supernatural Ideas - I'm looking for episodic type RP's here where we plot out the creature features and solve the problem, then move on. If you'd prefer these can be one-off "Episodes" or a Series of them, I'm not picky. - I just finished watching Season 12 so I wanted to update this!

1. Supernaturally 'Blessed': College was supposed to be this great new start, the beginning of new possibilities and a better future. That is until people start dropping like flys all around the campus. How are two regular joe shmo's supposed to figure out who the culprits are, let alone what the culprit is when all the answers that keep cropping up are either ridiculous or downright terrifying. After all, there's no such thing as monsters, and ghosts are just your eyes playing tricks on you... Right? So there is most definitely no way that ghouls and ghosties exist and are killing people around the campus... Right?! This is the one where MC and YC are none the wiser to the supernatural but get pulled into it anyway. :)

2. Running For the Road: I want a game where your character and my character meet up in this seemingly innocent way but get either hoodwinked or kidnapped by something supernatural. Vampires or witches or something and we end up getting saved by a Hunter. After that, it's the MC and YC hunting show! :)

Sp00nyCube

Craving Update...
              Harry Potter Ideas - I'm looking forward to someone who would like to make this first one a nice long one I think.

1. Hufflepuff Shenanigans: Getting my letter was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me! One morning I woke up and there it was waiting for me on the dining room table attached to the leg of a terrifyingly big owl. My parents were as shocked as I was, I mean how do you prepare to be told that your a real live witch?! Moving for dad to work here in Britan was the best thing that had ever happened to me, I was going to Hogwarts! I would make the best of friends there! I just know it!
                         - I play a Hufflepuff muggle-born, and guess what? So do you, well the Hufflepuff part anyways! :) From years one to seven... and maybe beyond if we're not sick of it.
                         - The idea is this takes place while the Harry Potter series is going, so referencing things in the books is fine but I want to have completely original characters doing completely original shenanigans with the books being sort of a backdrop setting around them. So something like... did you hear, that Harry Potter kid saved the philosophers stone from Voldemort!!!! Yeah, but I heard those Hufflepuffs over there did such and such too! Wicked!

2.Creeping down the Vine: Just a small nugget of an idea I had surrounding a couple of students in the greenhouses late at night... what happens in the dark when the creeping vines come out to play?

3. In Darker Times: Again just a nugget of an idea surrounding the first war with Voldemort. What would that have been like? How would people have felt and acted? So I think my character would be a shop owner in Nocturn Ally, she's a dark witch but not an evil one and she doesn't agree with the dark lord or anything she's running her shop as the war brakes out around her. Looking for a nice dark romance here I think. My dark Potions Mistress or Wandmaker off Nocturn Ally to your Shining White Knight, and Auror/Order member or Unspeakable or something. ;)

Sp00nyCube

Craving Update...
              The Sentinel Ideas - I'm looking forward to someone who would like to play this one! ;D

1. Scardy Cat: So this is the one where MC is a Lion guild and YC is a Sentinel. Kinda changed MC up a bit from up top. In this one, she is an internet journalist running a successful news blog online surrounding interesting news in the world. She doesn't shy away from anything and has been known to go after anything and anyone from unscrupulous Pharmaceutical Companies, and Politicians to Serial Killers. But no matter how hard she tries she can't stop the aching in her chest, the empty hole there the perfect size for her sentinel, if only he would show the fuck up!!! But after years of holding out, years of actively searching for her match she's given up. Now, there's really only her job and the satisfaction of braking a new case wide open. Conveniently the latest rumours are that there's a serial killer on the loose down in New Orleans. Three dead so far, all the same signature, but the cops are trying to keep it hush, hush... they should have tried harder.