What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonalberry

Wolfy..you have seen Batman: The Animated Series right?  You do know he voices the Joker in the animated series.  Pretty much most of the voices in Arkham Asylum were done by the people who voiced Batman: TAS

Oniya

Quote from: Tonalberry on August 23, 2010, 11:14:57 PM
Just got Darksiders today from GameFly, having some fun with it.  So what if it 'stole' elements from Zelda and other games, it's still fun.  Plus, Watcher sounds suspiciously like Mark Hamil voicing the Joker, so I need to check on that.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1585560/
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Tonalberry

Mark Hamill is one of the very few men I would go gay for, just so I could hear that voice every day.

Hemingway

Mafia II in a few days. Waiting for the Steam release. I gotta say, after my disappointment with Red Dead Redemption, I have high hopes for this game. I might end up disappointed again, but the demo, at least, was promising!

Brandon

Picked up Dark void out of the bargain bin today. $10 for a not terrible game so far is a pretty good deal and if it turns out to be crap I can always put it back in the box and give it to someone as a birthday or christmas present  ;D

Anyway I like how I can use the jetpack to take off into the air to attempt strafing runs  or surprise attacks in between mass effect-esque cover shooting. Although some of the enemies seem a little tougher then they should be for a cover system based shooting game
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Alpha Protocol arrives tommorow..so..I'll be playing that. o3o

Tonalberry

Dark Void was meh.  Overhyped, way too short, the ending was disappointing.  Not to mention it bugged out on me at times.

Dunnuck

Played Mafia II until 7:30 AM. On chapter 13/14. And I plan on shitting myself when Reach comes out. Forewarning

Sabby

Just got a bunch of new ones ^^

Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb. Decent enough brawler.

Nier. Wow, someone at Square Enix has been playing Twilight Princess...

Bayonetta. Had it before, lost it. Relies solely on it's DUDE WTF?! Craziness, as actually trying to play with any amount of skill or precision is a futile effort. Bayonetta is a stack of clothes hangers in a drier full of fire works.

Way of the Samurai 3. No, no, don't. Just don't. Leave. Now. Not welcome in my home.

Crackdown 2. Just as fun as the first, though not as good as a sequel should be. Pretty much a testament 'adding zombies makes it better' though. Considering getting the Agility Orb tattooed on me somewhere.

Darkstar One: Broken Alliance. No clue what this one is... play later.

Inkidu

Playing Mass Effect 2 again. I will have female games for 3, I will have female games for 3. I'm thinking about getting 1 just to have female games for 2. If I skip all the boring side missions of 1 I should be fine.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

With new Mass Effect 2 DLC coming, I guess I'll have to pick it up again. I haven't even played Kasumi's DLC, or Overlord. Or whatever that one was called.

AND IT'S LIKE MY FAVORITE GAME EVER.

Brandon

Well Ive had enough of Dark void. It was interesting and different but overall disappointing. If they had spent another six months to a year, cleaned up the story, added some new levels, and created an ending that acctually felt like a real ending then I think it could have been gold. Still for $10 it was a good buy but only because the price was right. If I had paid full retail rather then bargain bin price I would've been pissed (of course thats exactly why I rent before I buy)

Not sure what Ill be playing next but Im thinking I might give war for cybertron another run
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

So yeah..been playing the hell out of Alpha Protocol today...currently on my last set of missions (I picked Rome last)..soo..yeah. o3o

Do do do..

waiting on...

Spiderman
Halo Reach
FFXIV
and Front Mission Evolved. :P

Sabby

Wahhh! My copy of Bayonetta isn't Bayonetta at all... it's Venetica with the Bayonetta disc art. And I already own Venetica! D=

Mudaline

*Playing the shit out of the R.U.S.E. demo, despite it only taking 3-4 minutes to beat, tops*

They gave the Americans nuclear artillery!     :o

lolstereotypeslol

Dunnuck

Thoughts on Bayonetta:

9/10

Regardless of the absolutely unecessary amount of sexual innuendos and themes, the combat is deep, rewardings, stylish, and just pure fun. This is a good example of a game doing well what games were originally intended: have interactive fun. Being a fan of the Devil May Cry series, I must say this game can hold a candle gameplay wise. If you look past the sex, which is increasingly harder to do, then you have yourself a gem of a gameplay experience.

Mafia II i beat today and final decision...

8/10

The game is good, but disappointing after promising so much. The voice acting is some of the best in games, the story is above average, the original soundtrack (in the few times its present) is excellent, the narration (in the few times its present) is also good. The gameplay is...not bad, but not great. The cover system is grabby. The graphics cant decide whether they want to be awesome or shitty. There are next to no side quests. There is almost no need for money. Not enough significant occurances story-wise. An extremelly good cast of characters, though. Very good. The game also misses plenty of opportunities. The city is wonderful and diverse in structure and architect to the point where you can almost remember where to go and where your at without lookin at a map, although I know for a fact this would be commonplace if there were SIDE MISSIONS. But regardless, it is something I have not seen in a sandbox game since GTA: San Andreas

Wolfy

So yeah..I finished Alpha Protocol in like, less than a day. Lol.

I thought it was supposed to be longer? :P

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on August 26, 2010, 02:10:26 AM
Wahhh! My copy of Bayonetta isn't Bayonetta at all... it's Venetica with the Bayonetta disc art. And I already own Venetica! D=
That's why I buy from stores...

I'm playing, Dante's Inferno again. Going to hell is fun.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

grayfoxz

Quote from: Inkidu on August 26, 2010, 11:19:17 AM
That's why I buy from stores...

I'm playing, Dante's Inferno again. Going to hell is fun.

Correction. Going to hell the way HE is, is fun ;)

Wolfy

Well anyway..with Alpha Protocol finished..I have nothing to play until spiderman. T-T

Well, besides MW2 and WoW, of course..but nothing NEW to play. T-T

Hemingway

September 7 ... and you're complaining? You're worse than me!

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on August 26, 2010, 12:05:29 PM
September 7 ... and you're complaining? You're worse than me!

I knows! D:..But I'm so bored. T_T

Oh well...First September..then October, I'll be getting Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja storm 2 and...something else, I guess..I dunno what else comes out that month (I think Fable III and Fallout new Vegas)...then November is Black Ops...and December is..whatever else I didn't pick up before. o3o

Oh well..I'll survive till the 7th, somehow...I've got school to keep me busy, so..yeah. o3o

Hemingway

Mafia 2 is released in five hours on Steam. Why no preloading? That sucks! I won't get to play it until tomorrow! What to do .. what to do ..

Wolfy

*shrugs* o3o....I thought about getting Mafia II..but I dunno. o3o

grayfoxz

hehe, the game is allready available here :P (physical copys in stores i mean )