Which do you like better Star Wars or Star Trek?

Started by AtlasEros, January 22, 2011, 10:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtlasEros

O/O

Wyrd

I think Star Wars has been the first major thing that I ever truly could connect to. I would say that I might not be the same if it were not for Star wars. It led me to explore then what I was expected to like and adore. It gets a little personal from there but it's safe to say that It's SW fro me.
Ragtime Dandies!

AtlasEros

Quote from: Wyrd on January 22, 2011, 10:39:33 PM
I think Star Wars has been the first major thing that I ever truly could connect to. I would say that I might not be the same if it were not for Star wars. It led me to explore then what I was expected to like and adore. It gets a little personal from there but it's safe to say that It's SW fro me.
I remember really loving the SW movies when I was a kid & playing with the toys.
O/O

Kaelhiar

This one is a tough one for me. I grew up watching both. Star Wars feels more... realistic to me, makes more sense, and the novels are just awesome. Star Trek I've always had a few issues with, especially on how vague they are on how some parts of the Federation and culture works. (Example: If people are all treated equally and don't necessarily need to worry about money, how then do they "trade" money for materials from non-Federation worlds, etc?)

Though for Star Trek, I always liked Deep Space Nine (once they got their groove on) and a goodly portion of The Next Generation. (And just a tiny bit of Voyager... when they don't focus on Janeway. >.>)

Funguy81

Star Wars! To be honest i never really could get into star trek, i am not sure why. With star wars i still remember the amazement i had when i first saw return of the jedi when i was 5 years old and i was like.....WOW!!!!

LunarSage

Star Wars.  Star Trek is more the "in command of a ship or fleet of ships" type of thing with an occasional "away party"...  while Star Wars is more about action than intrigue and tactics.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

WyldRanger

To be honest, I like them both equally as those, though I still think of them as two completely different pieces of creativity. Star Trek to be honest is more social science fiction, whereas Star Wars is science fantasy - a real space opera. The only thing that Star Wars really blows Star Trek away is in the arena of special effects and musical composition...Star Wars is such a movie experience as opposed to Star Trek too.... I could go on, but I'd rather not get into anything potentially heated :P

Lady Higashi

I'm the same way! I like them both equally. Oh and when I saw this question, I started thinking about the movie Fanboys! lol.
"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept. For there were no more worlds to conquer. Benefits of a classical education."

One Month! Let's do this!

Silverfyre

Star Wars, hands down.  It's the perfect blend of my two favorite genres, fantasy and science fiction.  I've been following it since I was a kid and it is certainly my nearest and dearest "fandom". 

Am I the only one who can't wait for "Star Wars: The Old Republic" to come out?

jouzinka

Star Trek, hands down. SW didn't manage to hold my attention for twenty minutes. I don't know why. Maybe it was a bad time for me, maybe now it would be different, but really, I don't even feel like exploring it.

Star Trek is a whole different story where I am concerned. :)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

cryptkeeper0

Quote from: Xana on January 23, 2011, 06:10:19 PM
To be honest, I like them both equally as those, though I still think of them as two completely different pieces of creativity. Star Trek to be honest is more social science fiction, whereas Star Wars is science fantasy - a real space opera. The only thing that Star Wars really blows Star Trek away is in the arena of special effects and musical composition...Star Wars is such a movie experience as opposed to Star Trek too.... I could go on, but I'd rather not get into anything potentially heated :P
Same here they are two different genra's both of which I like alot

Solstice

I'm quite the fan of Star Wars 4-6. Expanded universe and 1-3, not so much.

I give Joseph Campbell a lot of credit for how 4-6 turned out, perhaps unfairly so.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Yorubi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

Oh wait that wasn't a choice... :(

Funguy81

oh hell i'm practically in line waiting for old republic to come out.

RedEve

I like them both, though I'm far more familiar with Star Wars and its extended universe.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

AtlasEros

Quote from: Silverfyre on January 26, 2011, 12:14:20 PM
Am I the only one who can't wait for "Star Wars: The Old Republic" to come out?
what's this?  Is it a live action movie?
O/O

Yorubi

I think its the star wars online game thingy? Not 100% sure though.

Wyrd

Yup! It's a Star Wars MMO made by Bioware that takes place during the old republic era.
Ragtime Dandies!

Silverfyre

ausyandy