News:

Main Menu

Fallout 3 Review

Started by ZK, October 31, 2008, 01:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

I have never played a game so long in one sitting in my life. RE 4 was the old standard. Six hours. Fallout 3 has shattered it with a whopping nine or ten hours. I couldn't put it down.

Oh and keeping with my tradition of staying with names of computer languages
Fallout 3 Male: Pascal

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Beauty

.....*stares at her Fallout request thread, sighing sweetly as she listens to 50's music on her Pip Boy*
~x I've been absent for a few years, but I'm back and ready to start new stories! I've refined my writing skills and fixated on new desires/interests - Looking forward to being inspired ;)*X~

My O/O

Inkidu

A lot of the similarities you mentioned, ZK. I would feel disappointed if it wasn't in there. Oh and at least being over encumbered in Fallout 3 doesn't glue you to the spot. That was nice especially seeing as I was getting shot at. ^____^; 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Doomsday

Freaking amazing game. I started out pure evil but now I'm trying to clean up my act, and my drug addictions. I didn't realize it fucked with my S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats :(

Inkidu

Quote from: HPDDJ on November 13, 2008, 09:04:31 PM
Freaking amazing game. I started out pure evil but now I'm trying to clean up my act, and my drug addictions. I didn't realize it fucked with my S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats :(
Go see the doctor. He'll clean you right up, addictions and all.

Beauty

My bad karma character gets addicted so easily *sighs* Whatever is in the needles those doctors use certainly helps!
~x I've been absent for a few years, but I'm back and ready to start new stories! I've refined my writing skills and fixated on new desires/interests - Looking forward to being inspired ;)*X~

My O/O

Inkidu

Quote from: Beauty on November 13, 2008, 10:41:02 PM
My bad karma character gets addicted so easily *sighs* Whatever is in the needles those doctors use certainly helps!
My good character with a few survival twinges of bad. (I had to steal ammo! : ( ) hardly ever gets addicted. I don't pop as much though. I use but only for the cataracts! *Squint squint*

Beauty

Every time my good character steals ammo (because for some reason I have a hard time getting ammo with her...don't know why...) I give the beggars outside Rivet City and Megaton purified water, it gives back karma ^^ so I can keep on a "nice" path.

My O/O

Inkidu

I only pop Med-X, Jet, or Quantum-Cola! :D Maybe some buffout

Beauty

Buffout is the easiest thing for my character to continue getting addicted too *laughs*

My O/O

Inkidu

I don't really need it that much unless I just have to beat the shinola out of something. I typically use small guns and frags. (Mines and grenades.)

Beauty

Same for me. Frag grenades are so amazing when it comes to Super Mutants more than anything else I think..Except one time one threw it back at me before it exploded...That sucked ><

My O/O

Inkidu

I always do a V.A.T.S. throw. The slow down stops them from reacting. Plus it looks cool. :D
Besides small guns are the most easily accessed.
That and all a feral ghoul needs is a double tap from a 10mm pistol. :D

Beauty

Speaking of feral ghouls, have you found the plunger room? *giggles*

My O/O

Inkidu

Quote from: Beauty on November 13, 2008, 11:14:54 PM
Speaking of feral ghouls, have you found the plunger room? *giggles*
Nope.

Beauty

Ohhh goodness, I forget what part it's at but it seriously made me crack up laughing *smiles* How far into the game have you gotten?

My O/O

Inkidu

I'm in the quest with Doctor Li. I have to go to the Jefferson Memorial. I was just taking time out to finish up some secondary quests. Those, and Riley's Rangers. Sometimes the game has no sense of distance. It said their HQ was close to this Hotel. It has to be ten to twenty game miles away! Plus it's downtown so it's through a bunch of tunnels...

Beauty

My evil karma character totally ransacked Reily's Rangers place ^^ and I would have to agree completely with that comment >< There is no concept of proper distance.

My O/O

Inkidu

I can't even get to the Tepid Sewers and the world just decided to make mole rats extinct... sigh. I hate Downtown.

Beauty

The fact that downtown sucks remains throughout history it seems *giggles*

My O/O

Inkidu

Quote from: Beauty on November 13, 2008, 11:27:12 PM
The fact that downtown sucks remains throughout history it seems *giggles*
Honestly they needed some up and down indicator instead of just a marker...

Beauty

I would say I found the subway system incredibly confusing in the game, but subways always manage to baffle me so I suppose that makes it realistic.

My O/O

Inkidu

I know. Enter one way and you never know where you're going to pop out... innuendo aside. 

Beauty

I will admit I've discovered a majority of the cities and such by accident while searching for other ones *laughs* I suppose that's a good thing.

My O/O

Jay

Stop making me want to play.  :(