Shadowrun - Backstages and Back Doors

Started by Xerial, October 24, 2006, 12:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerial

Quote from: GoldenChild on October 27, 2006, 01:35:15 AM
If you do a more or less complete body transplantation to cyber, can you still increase your attributes with karma or do you need to upgrade your hardware? (At the moment I'm thinking of a cyber body, legs and arms)

I'll need to read up on that, but I'd be inclined to say yes, it's just be costly... remember, though that a lot of obvious cyber tends to make a person stand out...

Vice

Quote from: GoldenChild on October 27, 2006, 01:35:15 AM
If you do a more or less complete body transplantation to cyber, can you still increase your attributes with karma or do you need to upgrade your hardware? (At the moment I'm thinking of a cyber body, legs and arms)

It depends...you keep track of both natural and cyberlimb strength. I've seen some discussion about altering the rules to make it so that you aren't penalized for buying cyberlimbs (they start with a rating of 3, and to go above 6 you need a cybertorso, which gets expensive) when you've got perfectly good physical stats. It's ultimately up to the GM. As-is now, I think of cyberlimbs as good tools for hiding stuff (weapons, mostly), or a good way for a physically weak character to throw a decent punch (since a STR 2 guy with a cyberlimb hits like he has STR 3)

GoldenChild

Quote from: Xerial on October 27, 2006, 01:40:11 AM
I'll need to read up on that, but I'd be inclined to say yes, it's just be costly... remember, though that a lot of obvious cyber tends to make a person stand out...

I'm aware of that, it is just an idea I'm through around in my head at the moment (his body would have been damaged in an explosion during a mission or something like that). It would make him very freakish if nothing else. :)

If I was to go that path... does that mean I should more or less ignore to set points at my physical attributes (well about average)?

Ixy

While the stat idea is... fascinating ::) ... anybody want to start discussing background ideas?

GoldenChild

Sure thing... I for one have my merc (who almost died in his last campaign), he has been patched up with cyberware and is now trying to survive on his own.

Xerial

Mwahahahahahahahahaha... *ominoius, yes*

My copy of Street Magic is in!

Muse

Hm... 

Last game I made for Zullokitty a troll Adept bodygaurd with an orichaclum guitaur/battle axe. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jefepato

Xerial, is this game still in the works?  I need to read through my 4e books again to make sure I understand the system, but I have a few character ideas in mind.

Xerial

Alright kids, the dreaded Sea Training has left the ship and I'm on duty today, so what better day to open the floodgates. Character creation week begins as of this posting, end date: next Sunday at 23:59. Extensions will be considered, for RL and the creative process are both well understood.

Standard 400BP character creation for 4e. Street Magic's traditions, adept powers, spells, and qualities are all welcome. Since Vice is scouting a standing group he'll be looking for people with some actual time in the shadows or with some form of experience, so a decently thorough background are expected. Bonus considerations (that just out of the Availability cap weapon, stretching the BP limits on attributes, just enough Karma to initiate, or that really keen contact for examples) will be given for really creative and detailed (but please not novel-legth, eh) backgrounds.

While the group will be freshly established in the early part of the game nothing is stopping the runners from having met, run with, made wild monkey sex, or even clashed in the past. With that in mind, feel free to talk background and creation with eachother.

Questions, comments, concerns and death threats can be issued here or in PM.

Muse

I have two sheets to pitch now if this game is still go. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

GoldenChild

Xerial

Game's still up for go, I just need to adjust my current working environment... worst case scenario I'll be ready to roll things out in a week, if on a slow start basis...

GoldenChild

Ok, I will kick on creating my character then... 4th ed?

Xerial

Appoligies for my not posting on this subject earlier, but I'm thinking for the next two weeks this game'll have to be on hold. I am still looking to run it, but I need some serious sit down time which I've yet to be able to achieve at sea (or during drunken debauchary in Mexico), so I'm going to hold things until I get that time, in fairness to all involved. Still accepting characters until that time, and if there get to be too many for one group then I'll start two teams within the same game, so pile on in people, join those who've sent something

Muse

Is this guy intresting, or would you rather have a social infiltrating adept with an orichalcum monowhip. 

Name: Christian Lie
Alias: Skald
Sex: Male
Nuyen:
Lifestyle:
Total Karma:
Current Karma:
Street Cred:
Notoriety:
Public Awareness:

Atributes:
Body:      9
Agility    4
Reaction:  4
Strength   9
Charisma   2
Intuition  3
Logic      2
Willpower  3
Edge       1/1
Essence    6
Initiative 6
Magic      6

(305)

Active Skills:
(6)  Artisan (Rock and Roll)            1(3)
(10) Athletics                          1
(26) Exotic Weapon: GUitaur/Axe(My Axe) 6(8)
(6)  Ettiquitte (Media)                 1(3)
(10) Firearms                           1
(6)  First Aid (Battle Wounds)          1(3)
(4)  Perception (Protect the Primary)   1(3)
(6)  Pilot Ground Craft (Bike)          1(3)
(6)  Unarmed Combat (Fisticuffs)        1(3)
(385)

Posotive Qualities:
(5)  Adept
(5)  Guts
(15) High Pain Threshold 3

Negative Qualities:
(15) Severe Alergy to Cold Iron (Not Steel)
(5)  Gremlins
(10) SINer
(5)  Mild Adiction (3 BTL chips of Kylessa.) 
(375)

Adept Powers: 
Improved Reflexes 2
Mystic Armor      5
Improved Scent
Great Leap        1

(17) "My Axe" This orichalcum guitaur/microamp/sythesiser (with white noise generator and jammer Rank 5) also happens to be, literaly, a battleaxe Force 5 Weapon Focus which I was copeled to atune to and master before I was permited by my instructor to take my revenge.  It also has a fully concealed, 1 shot, double barreled shotgun.  It is attuned. 
(8)  Gear 8X5,000=40,000
6,000  4 suits of Actioneer Buisness Clothes (Balistic 5/Impact 3) 
500    3 BTL recordings of Holly Kythorn
20,000 Mitsubishi Night Sky

I'm still fleshing out his history.  His Adept tradition comes from Sweden, and his mother is from UCSF with some Swedish blood.  His father's Scandanavian adept training (he was human, but it helped him withstand a troll lover) lead him into the family buisness of Bodygaurd.  Between body-hardening (with some runic scars as part of the ritual) and trolish resilience, he looked forewards to a remarkably high life expectancy in a fiedl where one was expected to take a bullet for their client at a moment's notice. 

By 21 he met the love of his life (at first simply a secret Lancalotesque crush that, years later, he was shocked to find reciprocated) for musician, dancer, and ultimatly all-around synthsense starlet Kylessa Hollybough.  He was asinged as her full time bodygaurd.  First she gave him music lessons to pass the time, and when things grew more intimate he never ceased to dream of one day matching her in the field of rock and roll. 

Before this coudl happen, she was murdered by order of (storteller's favorite scapegoat corperation).  Barely surviving the assasins who slew Kylessa, Christian went on sabatical in Scandanavia to recover and train under his father's teacher, who aranged the manufacture of his greatest weapon, and mentored him in it's mastery before permiting him to go back and avenge Kylessa.  The resuling bloodbath left 4 assasins, 2 Johnsons, and 3 upper management dismembered, and the identity of Christian compromised forever. 

Fleeing to Seatle, the troll took the name Skaald and set to making his living running the shadows.  Still too depressed to live life for it's own sake, but too stuborn too seek a glorious death, he now scrapes by trying to turn the curent order against itself and hasten the coming of a corperate ragnarock while growing stronger.