Parkview Zombie Extravaganza (Interest Check)

Started by TheHangedOne, June 09, 2015, 02:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronoclasm

I don't suppose you have room for one more?

Name: Joshua Tyler Truman
Orientation: Upright, Walking North-by-Northwest

Noteworthy Skills:

Food preparation:
   Give the man a microwave and he'll cook you a mean TV dinner?
Medical training:
   "I knew I should have gone to medical school."
Combat training:
   Back in undergrad, he spent a couple of semesters in a shotokan karate club? He never made it past a white belt, but a few of the stances and techniques are still vaguely part of his muscle memory.
   Used to hit the gym a couple times a week before the crisis? He always liked the punching bag, but he's not actually hit anyone in a decade.
Survival skills:
   Oh! He's got this one! He's seen at least four full episodes of Bear Grylls's Man vs. Wild. If he ever has to eat a bug or a snake, he's pretty sure he knows how.
OK: Does he actually have any useful skills?:
   Define useful? But he does have a background in mediating, negotiation, counselling, and criminal justice.

Personality:

Joshua Tyler Truman's always gone by "Tyler"--"Ty" to his friends. No reason really, he just always has. In terms of his external personality, he's a generally nice guy who will usually go out of his way to make things better. But not always.

Ty ("we're friends now, right?") has always had a dulled fight-or-flight reaction. He doesn't really know how to panic, and doesn't get stressed out by the little things. This isn't by virtue of any training, mind you, it's just the way his brain's made up. Some armchair psychologists might even be tempted to label him a psychopath because of it, but he does feel fear, anxiety, and worry. They're just flatter than how other people feel them. This has served him well in his legal career, and during the crisis as well. It might well be the only thing that's allowed this atypical survivor to survive as long as he has: He doesn't panic, and isn't really driven insane by the consequences of making tough decisions.

But he also lacks violent tendencies. So far he's survived by outrunning and outmaneuvering threats, and by hiding. His zombie kill count is still zero, a month into the crisis, mostly for lack of trying. He doesn't want to die, so he tries pretty hard not to get close to them.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?:

On the way north, Ty plundered an abandoned gas station. It had mostly been picked over already, but the scraps he found there make up the majority of his present supplies. That's it. That's the worst thing he's done so far. Incredibly boring, right? But when your response is to just avoid conflict, you do alright avoiding drama as well.

Still, as a legal professional it did feel kind of wrong to commit such wanton robbery. He didn't even leave money behind on the counter.

On a more serious note, he has left behind survivors, and has not really gone out of his way to try to rescue anyone. He doesn't personally consider this a "bad thing," though, and feels no real guilt over it. It's not his responsibility to save the world, right? And if he'd gone back for people, he'd have simply joined them in the feeding trough.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?:

The kindest thing that Ty's done so far was to adopt a stray dog, a pitbull he's taken to calling "Samson." While he's fully aware that Samson's probably not long for this world, he's happy to have a companion for as long as the dog sticks with him. A few morsels of food is a small price to pay in exchange for the company, the morale boost, and the early zombie detection system that is Samson, at least in Ty's opinion. Besides, if Bear Grylls has taught him anything at all in four episodes of high-quality television, it's that human beings can eat anything. Maybe even zombies?

Ty's not going to try eating zombies though. That sounds like a really good way to get the disease--or a disease anyway.

Aside from this solitary act of animal rescue, Ty's not really done anything especially kind or generous. The few survivors he came across before his car ran out of gas were also in cars, and they didn't stop their engines to talk to one another.

History:

The Big Apple. A corner office. Six figure salary. These were the things that Tyler's parents imagined when they sent him to law school, after a generally acceptable undergraduate education in criminal justice. But after flunking the New York State Bar Exam twice now, Ty had settled into a position as a legal assistant at a law firm in Albany. He was going to take the Bar again next year, but he didn't have high hopes. It wasn't that he lacks ambition, really, it's just that he lacks the ambition to be a lawyer. His father insisted though, and what else could he do? It sounded like a stable career, and he'd make a lot of money. Who needs happiness when you've got stability and material wealth, right? There's always Netflix to distract you from a job you hate, or so was Ty's philosophy until right up to the crisis.

Now he doesn't even have a TV, let alone Netflix!

Lacking the genre blindness so common in zombie survival scenarios, Ty realized that he had to head north. If he went in the direction of New York City all he'd find was way too many zombies. Canada. That's where he had to go. A country known primarily for its politeness and its lack of population density. Grabbing a few things from his apartment, he hit the roads as soon as he lost faith in local law enforcement and the national guard. Barriers were avoided, and soon he was on the open road. With. A lot of other people.

Fortunately, Ty had four-wheel drive, and he took to off-roads once it became clear that the main streets and highways were too congested with stalled and zombified vehicles for actual mobility. Unfortunately, this is hard on an SUV, and ate up a lot of gas. Twice he almost emptied out before managing to siphon replacement fuel from abandoned cars or gas stations. Third time unlucky, though. A couple of miles outside of Parkview his SUV hit empty. Gathering what supplies he could carry on his person, he and Samson disembarked, and put foot to pavement--leaving the rest of his supplies locked in the car for safekeeping. They would walk into the town, a speck still some ways in the distance, and see about getting more fuel. It wouldn't be more than a pit stop, right?

Inventory:
Men's Leather Messenger Bag (so stylish!)
   - Rations (2x Trail Mix [one bag half empty], 8x Candy Bars, 22x Beef Jerky Sticks, 3x Doritos)
   - Drinks (2x Gatorades [full], 1x Water Bottle [half empty], 1x Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey [about one-third gone])
   - 2x Canned Dog Food
   - 1x Kibbles-'n-Bits Dry Dog Food Bag [half empty]
   - 1x Dog Bowl
   - 1x Gentlemen's Magazine (for the articles, obviously)
   - 3x EpiPens (if Ty gets stung by a bee, anaphylaxis will hit him so hard that zombies will quickly be the least of his worries)
   - 1x Car Air Freshener? What? Why? Tyler.
   - 2x Dish Rags
   - 1x Band-Aid Box (full)
   - 1x Handheld Flashlight
   - 8x Double-AA Batteries
   - 4x Watch Batteries
   - 1x Portable Speaker

Clothing
   - 1x Baseball Cap, Beige (stolen from plundered gas station, text says "Keep On Truckin," picture of a semi-truck)
   - 1x Long-Sleeved Button-Up Dress Shirt, Blue (wrinkled, dirty)
   - 1x Necktie, Slate-and-Gray Striped (wrinkled, dirty)
   - 1x Khaki-Style Dress Pants, Slate (wrinkled, dirty)
   - 1x Blazer-Style Suit Jacket, Slate (wrinkled, dirty)
   - 1x Boxer Shorts, Yellow-and-White Striped (c-clean enough, all things considered)
   - 1x Leather Belt, Brown
   - 1x Leatherman Multitool and Holding Case
   - 1x Leather Wallet, Black
   - 1x Generic MP3 player, White, with plug-in earphones (Ty couldn't afford Apple)
   - 1x Wristwatch (with timer, stopwatch, and alarm features)

Wallet
   - $64 (one $20 bill, three $10 bills, one $5 bill, nine $1 bills)
   - 1x Credit Card, Visa Platinum
   - 1x Bank Card, Bank of America
   - 1x American Red Cross Donor Card, Blood Type: O+!
   - 1x State of New York Driver's License (Ugh, That Picture)
   - 4x Business Cards (Dugger, Jeffers & Bass)
   - 1x Parking Card
   - 1x Condom, Wrapped ("How long has this been in here?" Probably not safe for use)
   - 1x Medical Insurance Card

Weapons
   - 1x Axe Handle, Wooden (the plundered gas station manager's apparent security system, found behind the cash register)
   - 1x Useless Cell Phone (projectile)
   - Heavy Stones, As Present in the Environment (who needs bullets when you can just hurl broken pieces of brick and concrete?)

Tyler

Samson

Inventory

Men's Leather Messenger Bag

Epinephrine Autoinjectors (EpiPens)

Stolen Baseball Cap

Leatherman Multitool

Wooden Axe Handle

Disclaimer: I am not a rapi-poster and I sometimes flake out here on Elliquiy, especially if I get busy in real life or bored. I want you to be aware of this before accepting me into your game. To mitigate this, I'm here giving the GMs permission to NPC this character to move scenes forward if I am too slow to respond, and to kill off the character via surprise zombies, bee stings, or freak explosions if I disappear or bow out.
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

TheHangedOne

Hey there, Chrono. I love the detail you put into the sheet, and am definitely happy to accept you. I also thank you for being so forward with your tendencies, and giving us that permission. If you do drop the game, your character will almost certainly end up in the feeding trough.  >:)

Welcome to the game. Feel free to post your sheet in the thread I mentioned a few posts back, and hop into the OOC. Also, anybody who hasn't posted to the OOC yet: come on in, it's zombie free.  :-) I personally find chitter-chatter helps keep the game cohesive.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

By chance is there still an opening in this game?  I could play either male or female, whichever is needed at the moment, though seems like there is a pretty even balance at this point.

Love me a good ol' zombie survival RP.

TheHangedOne

I actually think that we're going to hold off on adding new characters for now, Loki. Sorry. If you'd like, I can contact you when we have room for more.
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

Roen

Finally, managed to get it done :P
Hope I'm not too late!

Name: Page Glau
Orientation: Straight

Noteworthy Skills: Survivability under drastic circumstances, able to stay calm in the face of unfathomable horror, high pain tolerance.

She knows how to shoot a gun, she knows how to fight, how to tell between poisonous plants and edible ones, and how to defend an end-of-the-world bunker. She knows how, because she he been force fed that information from books, but had very little practical training with any of these things.

Personality: To describe Page's behavior as 'Jaded' would be an understatement; most of the time she would be completely aware of her surroundings, even if her responses to external stimulation might be strange or unnerving at times, but there are times when she may appear almost catatonic. As a child Page had been a warm and outgoing person, so that might be in there somewhere, now her social sensibilities can be summed up in stares, incoherent mumbles and the occasional startled jump.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: During her escape, Page had left a water bottle to a dying man. She gained the knowledge that instead of dying out from dehydration and the wound in his gut, the man wouldn't be able to resist drinking the water, thus prolonging his agony.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?:
She kept the other bottle to herself.

History:
The world before the day she was taken seems like a faraway dream to Page, but for her remaining friends and family, this would be all they’d remember from her. A charming little girl with sparking eyes, braided hair and always a pleasant temper. She was every teacher’s favorite, and not because she was exceptionally bright or studious, but because she was overwhelmingly kind and warm; always making friends with the new kids, making sure everyone in her surrounding was included in social activities, more than once the parent of one of the less popular kids had a kind word to say about how Page rallied classmates to come to their child’s birthday party. Bumblebee extraordinaire, she was given the responsibility of welcoming new girl scouts into the fold, and she’d done that role proud.

Every each Sunday you could see her at the corner of the street, standing next to a sign of the local animal shelter with a shelter worker, a cage full of puppies and a box full of kittens, helping out adoptions, urging people to come by and telling them of the importance of adopting rescue pets.
It was there that the dream ended.
There was no van with candies or a luring story about a lost puppy. It was a rainy Sunday, as most Sundays on December tend to be, and although her mentor from the animal shelter called in sick for the day, nine year old Page showed up in her oversized red coat, jeans and cyan rubber rain boots. She stood at the corner of the street for nearly four hours before a car stopped by and picked her up.

To say that nobody saw her since would be wrong, people seen her- on the news, on the fliers, on the signs and the newspaper articles, they saw her on TV non-stop for the entire two months that the police, the family, neighbors and friends were forming search parties to look for her around town, and on the lands that surrounded it, they saw her on the paper on each passing yew- commemorating her disappearance with the same picture of the never aging nine year old girl that went missing.
Her parents pleaded, her friends cried, her teachers were at a loss in face of the tragedy, but the girl seemed to be gone. The police never found a trace of hers, so they couldn’t even declare her dead, there was no coffin- not even the empty kind- no way of finding peace. Her parents, sick of seeing her classmates growing up, becoming teenagers and then adults, decided to leave Parkview. One day they just packed their bags, her parents and her younger brother, and drove off at dawn.

They probably wouldn’t have left had they known they were leaving Page behind. She was still there, in Parkview, locked in the bomb shelter of the man that kidnapped and held her captive. He used and abused her, day in and day out, showing her the true meaning of a monster, he had broken her spirit and body in ways only a true psychopath could. Threatening to harm her family should she disobey, to kill her and take her brother in her stead should she prove unworthy, prove useless for the cause.

The cause, as he put it, was to survive the social economic catastrophe that would inevitably spread through the western world like a wild fire. The government will collapse, all infrastructure would fail and humanity will be left to its own devices. Apart from teaching her how to be a competent mate, he taught her how to endure pain, how to forgo basic human kindness and other exploitable weaknesses, he had a whole system of horrible exercises that tested her physical limits, her nerves and her sanity. One of his favorite exercises was to leave the door unlocked and see if she’d try to run and how far she might get. An exercise that was always followed by a week-long starvation and severe beating, torture and in some cases- rape.

Recently, he had tried that stunt again, and although Page was already broken enough to ignore that urge, the man was gone for far too long for her to ignore it. A whole day had passed before she dared going outside. She found her captor on the front lawn, badly wounded, his guts spilled all over the grass, most of the man’s limbs gnawed on, but whatever chewed on him had already gone. The confused captive realized then and there that the man was beyond hope, that he could no longer keep her or hurt anyone should she try to run.

She took his jacket,
She took his boots,
She took his belt,
She took his knife and packed a small bag of supplies,

And she ran away.

Inventory:
1 White Cotton Dress
1 Brown Leather Belt
Holding 1 kitchen knife
1 Brown Leather Jacket
2 Brown Leather boots
1 Carrier bag containing:
1 water bottle
5 packs of German army grade MREs
1 dark chocolate bar, half eaten.
1 Empty jar of peanut butter

Pictures

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

BellaVita

Looks awesome Roen! Don't forget to post your CS to the Character Thread :D

TheHangedOne

The only thing I can think of is to remove that missing picture. No pics of children on E, period, according to the rules (I have gotten warnings for an innocuous posting before).
Check out my poet tree!

Tytus

Tytus Hale

TheHangedOne

Not at the moment, sorry. If you'd like, though, I can PM you when we are.
Check out my poet tree!

Tytus

I would like for you to keep me in mind. I am looking for something along the lines of this story line.
Tytus Hale

TheHangedOne

Sure thing. If me and Bella feel like we can handle more players, or if there are some vacancies along the way, we'll be sure to contact anyone who has so far shown interest but been turned away.
Check out my poet tree!

DarkAngel111

if you guys are taking more people, whenever that may be, Let me know :)

DarkAngel111

Name: Richard Meinky
Orientation:Straight.

Noteworthy Skills: He is quite strong physically. Although not a rocket scientist. He is not dumb either. He is a decent shot and can clean a weapon by taking it apart and putting it all back together. But apart from that he does not have many skills, only that he can bash a zombie’s head in with his bare hands.

Personality: Quite reserved. The new world does not suit him, he was a bully before things went to shit and now that he has no money he can’t really do that anymore. He likes to keep away from arguments although he would do anything to get on the good side of people and make friends, since he himself does not have much survival skills.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?:Worst thing he did was leave his father for the dead while he ran for his life. He ended up taking most of his father’s hunting gear as they were on a camping trip.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?:He had to put a little boy down who was bitten. He made sure that it was quick and painless.

History: Richard was a spoiled trust fund kid who went to the best private schools and best colleges. It didn’t really matter what he did in life at least not to him. He was a bully, and always had a good time on other’s expense. Living most of his life in the city, he has little to no experience about survival, although his father took him on hunting and camping trips from time to time, he was always looking forward to the time they would go back. Needless to say not much stuck with him, apart from the few things he learned about the guns his father taught him. He can clean a weapon and put it together. He is a decent shot.

When the infection started he was deep in the woods with his father on a hunting trip oblivious to the fact that things had gotten this bad. His father was eaten alive in front of him and he had no idea what to do, thinking the people were still alive. Although that changed soon after when he found out, that there was no police left to punish him. And that these people were all actually dead. He still has the truck his father had drove them in and the camping gear that was still on the truck. Along with weapons.

It took him nearly a day to wander out of the forest the same way they had come in finally finding the truck and going out to the town to get some help. Only to find that it was worse out here than it was in there. 

Inventory:
4 changes of clothes.
Two Rain Jackets
Sleeping bag
Tarp Tent
Binoculars
Camera- Nikon point and shoot.
Spotting Scope, Vortex Viper HD
First Aid kit.
GPS- Garmin Dakota 20
Rokslide Kill Kit.
Stove and fuel for it.
Backpack.
Boots
Sogfari 10’ Tanto Machete
Folding knife.
Schrade Axe         
Browning A5 Shotgun. With 30 rounds.
Remington 700 VLS scoped. With 90 .308 winchester rounds
Truck

Picture

Amarlo

PZE OOC

Just because I couldn't find it through this thread for some reason I figured I'd add it for those like me =P Late to the party.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

BellaVita

Quote from: Amarlo on July 09, 2015, 10:27:46 AM
PZE OOC

Just because I couldn't find it through this thread for some reason I figured I'd add it for those like me =P Late to the party.

It's actually in the first post on the IC thread :D

Amarlo

Quote from: BellaVita on July 09, 2015, 11:01:38 AM
It's actually in the first post on the IC thread :D

You guy should edit the first posts to add them :P For ease of finding.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

BellaVita

Quote from: Amarlo on July 09, 2015, 11:32:31 AM
You guy should edit the first posts to add them :P For ease of finding.

Yeah, the IC thread was the only one I made... Hanged needs to do it to his xD

Tytus

Tytus Hale

Foxfyr

Name: Vincent Kincaid
Orientation: Heterosexual

Noteworthy Skills: Blacksmithing, metalworking, and most anything that involves fire and/or metal.  He’s also not too bad with handling melee weapons.

Personality: Doing his best to go with the flow of things even though the current of the world has become very turbulent.  Fortunately his sense of humor and sarcasm helps to insulate his mind from the true direness of his situation.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: Immediately after giving the stranger a hand-forged machete, the man’s greedy gaze flicked towards the rest of the things in Vincent’s SUV.  There was only the slightest hesitation as the man drew back his weapon hand and brought it to bear against its creator; that moment provided Vincent just enough time to duck under the strike.  Before the man could recover for another attempt, Vincent had his own weapon in hand – his heavy smithing hammer – and landed a forceful impact on the side of the man’s kneecap.  Vincent would never forget the sickening wet popping sound as the joint gave way to the blow, causing the man to collapse to the ground, clutch his crippled knee, and cry out in agony.  It was enough noise to draw walkers for miles.  Vincent only considered his options for a few scant moments before jumping back in his vehicle and leaving the man to his fate as the dread moans of the undead were already starting to carry in the wind.

Though he couldn’t know for certain what became of the stranger, it seemed unlikely he would have been able to get away from the encroaching horde with only one good leg even with the machete that Vincent had left with him.  Though he wasn’t proud of his actions, he at least felt reassured by his survival instinct and his act of compassion even to those who wished harm upon him.  Crippling the man was out of self-defense, but he wasn’t going to be foolish enough to pull him in his vehicle nor heartless enough to leave him entirely defenseless.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: In the early days of the chaos, Vincent had discovered a group of people had sought shelter from the walking dead in the museum adjacent to his workshop; the thick stone walls and scant windows likely as appealing to them as they were to him.  Even though the city was small by most standards, it was still a city and had far too many zombies for him to ever feel safe.  Once he finished the task of loading his equipment into his SUV, he bundled over a dozen weapons and another dozen knives in a heavy blanket and halted his evacuation long enough to drop the cache on the museum’s large stoop before pulling away.

It cost him the lion’s share of weapons he had at his disposal, but at the same time he couldn’t be sure what those people would have had to defend themselves with.  A dozen weapons in a dozen hands would be far more useful than a dozen weapons rattling unused in the back of his vehicle.

History: Vincent came from your typical suburban nuclear family; he did well in school, had a modest core of friends, and otherwise lived an ordinary childhood.  At least until his junior year of high school when his parents starting applying the pressure of college preparation.  The notion of planning out the next four or five decades of his life by choosing a career and spending thousands upon thousands of dollars to pursue it rubbed him the wrong way.  It ran counter to his more spontaneous personality who rather focus on the short-term future than lock himself onto a set path for the rest of his life.

The news was not well received when he finally broke under the pressure and decided he wasn’t going to college.  Vincent could feel the disappointment from his parents as he became the black sheep of the family.  During the last year of high school, he stumbled across an advertisement for crafting classes being taught at a nearby museum and the blacksmithing classes quickly caught his attention.  He fell in love with the trade from day one and immediately enrolled as an apprentice after high school.  The next several years he bounced around from part-time job to part-time job while honing his craft and making money on the side selling commission pieces.

Inventory:
On Person

*Duffel bag
*8lb. Hammer
*Hatchet
*Knife (made from a railroad spike)
*Small first-aid kit
*Leather welding jacket
*Jeans
*Steel-toed work boots
*Safety glasses
*Welding gloves
*Face mask
*Bandana
*Box of matches
*6 pack of cigarette lighters
*(4)Bottles of water
*Jar of peanut butter
*Package of jerky
*Box of Cliff bars
*Can opener
*LED Flashlight

In SUV

*45lb. Anvil
*(4)Bags of coal
*(2)Bags of sand
*Duffel bag with miscellaneous tools (hammers, files, screw drivers, etc)
*(2)Axes
*(7)Knives
*(2)Short Swords/Machetes
*Hatchet
*Spear
*Tongs
*(3)Cans Spaghetti-Os
*8pk AA Batteries

Picture

BellaVita

@Tytus - I look forward to it :D

@Loki - I approve! Welcome to the show ;)

TheHangedOne

Hey there, Loki. He's lookin' pretty cool. Welcome to the game! Feel free to post the sheet to the sheet thread, then pop into the OOC and introduce yourself to the other stars of this grim show.
Check out my poet tree!

BellaVita

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 09, 2015, 07:46:35 PM
Hey there, Loki. He's lookin' pretty cool. Welcome to the game! Feel free to post the sheet to the sheet thread, then pop into the OOC and introduce yourself to the other stars of this grim show.

Speaking of OOC, Hanged could you post the links to the other threads at the opening post of all our RPs (CS thread, this thread, OOC thread) like this:

QuoteLinks to the other threads:
Recruitment Thread
Character Sheets
OOC Thread

Of course if it is that thread, you don't have to link to it obviously, but you get the idea. :P  It just makes it easier for new players to know where everything is!

Tytus

Name: Marion Ellis Rivette

Orientation: Heterosexual

Noteworthy Skills: Self sufficient with good survival skills. He is smarter than he gives himself credit for.

Personality: Ellis has commitment, abandonment and trust issues. While he will not run out on you in a fight, he does believe in self preservation. He know a “lost cause” when sees one.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: The worst was two things actually, the first being he watched as a follow scavenger got ambushed and eaten. There was nothing he could have done to help, just too many of the infected. Ellis searched the small farm for what he could find and then when back and took the dead mans backpack. The second was when he came across a band of thieves who had taken a family hostage, a mother, father and teenage daughter and a young boy. He watched as the father and boy took bullets to their heads and the mother and daughter were brutally raped. The dead must have heard the shots because within minutes, they swarmed the thieves’ camp. Ellis has learned several things for his recent experiences; if you screw up, you get eaten; never waste a bullet and this world is no place for a woman or the young. But sometimes fortune smiles on you, case in point, the dead man’s backpack.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: The kindest thing is another two edged sword for Ellis. He had spied a small group of survivors one day and trailed them until dark. After they had settled down for the night and their lone sentry had fallen asleep, Ellis could have easily slipped into their camp and robbed them or killed them. But he did not and gave up getting any food or useful goods that they may have had. Which now in hindsight, may have been the crudest thing he had ever done. Two days later he saw them again, but this time it was in the thieves’ camp.

History: Marion Ellis Rivette, goes by Ellis. Born and raised in south Louisiana, being self reliant and having good survival skills was a must. As a youth, he had hunted the backwoods and swamps and had fished every hole that held water.
It was said that his mother had been a pretty woman, but he didn’t know, she had run off with a slick talking traveling salesman the year after Ellis was born, or so said people around town. Ellis and his three year older sister had to grow up fast, fending for them selves. Their dad did the best he could but a man with two small children had very limited job prospects. Then when Ellis was fifteen, his sister graduated from the local high school and the next day walked away, not even a “good-bye”, Ellis was crushed.
That same year, his father became seriously ill, maybe his sister knew the old man was sick and she didn’t want to deal with it. After all she had already raised her little brother. Ellis couldn’t be sure but it made her leaving easier to take. Trapped in a life not of his choosing, his only escape was his love of reading and he read any and everything he could get his hands on. 
Ellis made passing grades and played sports in high school, but never excelled in either. His senior year, the school councilors told him he was at the end of the road, not college material was how they had put it and his best choices were the oilfields or the shrimp boats. Neither of which caught his interest. His father hung on until a year after his graduation and then past quietly in his sleep. But it all had taken a toll on Ellis, first his mother then his sister then watching his father slowly waste away and the physiological damage was done.
For the next year, he did little of nothing, catching the occasional odd job working on a neighbor's farm or operating heavy equipment, (dozers, backhoes, and skid-steers)if it had wheels or tracks on it he could drive it. But mostly hunting and fishing and mope around the house. That was until he was in the local curb store buying beer when he noticed a flyer about learning to drive semi trucks.
For the last seven years he had crisscrossed the country, seeing the country through a windshield. That is until the outbreak happened. Ellis bumped the semi just out of St. Martinsville; the trucks noise attracted too much attention from the living and the infected. He headed back to the old homestead, on the off chance that his sister might have decided to check in on him and their dad. As far as Ellis knew she had never gotten word about the old man's death.
Things were bad real bad, it was a Cajun/Redneck war, shooting at anything they saw as a threat and everything seemed to be a threat to them. After he found no sign of his sister, Ellis decided to head North, thinking that the colder winter might kill off some of the infected or at the very least slow them down.

Inventory: What is your character carrying with them? Try and keep it realistic. Include any weapons they have, and make sure to keep track of your inventory as the game goes on; we will.
Back pack containing;                                                                                                          First-Aid Kit with the following items:                                                                                     (2- 1/2 oz tubes of triple antibiotic ointment; 1- 1/2 oz tube of mouth sore gel; 1- 1/2 oz bottle of eye relief wash; 1- 4 oz bottle of Benadryl gel; 1- 3 oz antiseptic spray; 1- 16 oz bottle, half full, Isopropyl Alcohol; 1- 8 oz bottle Petroleum Jelly, 4- 1/8 oz burn cream; 8 small packets of antiseptic moist towelettes; 1- roll of gauze; 20 - large band-aids; 1- half full bag of cough drops; 1- 4 oz antimicrobial skin cleaner; 1- 4 oz tube of muscle pain relief cream, 1- 4 oz bottle stomach relief , the pink stuff; 1- 250 tablet bottle aspirin; small scissors, 2- spools fishing line, (1- 5# test , 1- 25# test); 3- curved sewing needles;  tooth paste and tooth brush.)
1 roll duct tape
8 assorted lighters from almost empty to full
3 windup alarm clocks
1 bottle of water
2 candles
1 can of mixed fruit
2 cans Spam
1 canteen; ½ full water
1 jar of peanut butter; ½ eaten
1 P38 military can opener
4 small cans Boost
22 caliber rifle with 4x scope
22 caliber semi auto pistol
1000 rounds 22 caliber ammo
2 pair jeans
2 white undershirts
2 long sleeve work shirts
3 pairs of socks
1 pair work boots
3 pair underwear.
1 Hooded pullover sweatshirt
1 multi-tool
1 pair leather gloves
1 straight razor
1 Ka-bar knife
1 bottle whiskey (3/4 full)
50' paracord
2 paperback books with pages missing
8' x 10' tarp
1 lightweight blanket
1 thermal lined zip front rain jacket
1- bottom of a soda can (polished to almost mirror finish)                                                                               
Tytus Hale

BellaVita

Looks great Tytus! Do you have a picture or artwork you wanna attach to your post though? If you need help looking for one I can help, just send me a PM :D