Freeform Underdark game

Started by Lirliel, March 13, 2006, 12:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixBlaze

Hmmm I think I will go with female this time, something different for a change.  ;D
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Lirliel

Quote from: PhoenixBlaze on March 13, 2006, 03:08:04 PM
Hmmm I think I will go with female this time, something different for a change.  ;D

Alright, you'll be second priestress of Lloth (together with Zahkarra) if that's agreeable with you?

PS, I'll be away for now.. so any questions, PM me and I'll get to them in the morning :) Thanks
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Rayve13

Not a problem as far as the eye goes. It would be kinda ugly as an advantage in a drow city (he was a patroller in the original concept) with all the spying and such going on.  Tone it down as you want/need, as long as it isn't a disadvantage for him I'm pretty happy.

Same with the weapon. I may go back through the weapons books and try to find something else interesting. The character was made long ago, and so many nasty toys have been added since then  ;D

PhoenixBlaze

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Lirliel

Quote from: Rayve13 on March 13, 2006, 03:12:20 PM
Not a problem as far as the eye goes. It would be kinda ugly as an advantage in a drow city (he was a patroller in the original concept) with all the spying and such going on. Tone it down as you want/need, as long as it isn't a disadvantage for him I'm pretty happy.

Same with the weapon. I may go back through the weapons books and try to find something else interesting. The character was made long ago, and so many nasty toys have been added since then ;D

Will do, the eye will just have an improved infravision spell on it (just like a real drow eye), so he'll be able to see normally. As for weapon like, just post it here what type of weapon you would like (No snake whips though, priestress ONLY) and we'll get to it ;)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Idachan

Um well, I would be intrested in playing a female wizard but I haven´t read the Trilogy or any books of the author, I guess I´d have to study the setting first.

Rayve13

Typically only males become wizards, since females are focused on being priestesses as part of the theological matriarchy that governs the drow. But, there are precidents for female spell casters.

Lirliel

@Idachan, Rayve13 is Right, most of the time females are inducted to become high priestress in the service of Lloth, males are usually reserved to be fighters or wizards. But it is indeed not completely strange for a female drow wizard to be in 'effect', she would just have to act as a male to have gotten into the school of sorcere which could cause some 'side-effect's' with Lloth.

Rayve13

To semi-advocate on Ida's behalf, could she go with private tutoring, like Baenre's daughter in "Daughter of the Drow"?

And as far as weapons, I'd like the tridaent (though it can be a drow-made version rather than a sahaugin one) or a military fork, which they would have seen duregar and/or svirfneblin using.

Zakharra

There wasa priestess that used a magical pitchfork. Shakti Hunzrin. She was Liriel Baenre's rival from the books, The Daughter of the Drow, Tangled Webs and Windwalker, of the Starlight and Shadow's series by Elaine Cunningham. Damned good books. There is also Qu'ellar (House) Xorlarrin. They are House famous for it's mages. Male and female mages. Often when a House has alot of females, the women will branch out to other classes. Most however choose, or have choosen for them, the path of Lolth and priestesses.

Rayve13

I knew I remembered the pitchfork/trident thing from somewhere! I only read "Daughter of the Drow," but it was good. The character's older than that, and I took the idea from a friend's human fighter.

Zakharra

Xas. She sort of gave up the pitchfork when she became a high priestess (Yathtallar) and got her snakewhip.

Rayve13

Yeah, she did get kinda happy over that whip, but to be fair they are damn cool.

Zakharra

*nods. petting her snakewhip*

indarkestknight

Considering.... but... is it all Drow? Truthfully? While I can do evil and manipulative, I just prefer nicer characters. Perhaps a non-drow slave that was recently captured? Would a male aasimar necromancer be acceptable? (If we were using the alignment system, he'd be Lawful Good. Old character of mine I'm rather fond of.)

Zakharra

Drow = evil.   Lolth priestesses= VERY evil.    Male assimar necronamcer= sacrifice to Lolth.

Zaer Darkwail

I would be intrested, I had toughts to play a male wizard/psion (you know the special PrC which combines arcane and psion studies? My char is that). Of course if we have female wizard, then we both are likely rivals but in sense I am 'superior' to her in Sorcerer thanks just being male student and plus I have some edge towards most other casters thanks for having psionic tricks ;).

Anycase, in heritage wise my char is matron mother's deceased sister's oldest son (sister which was killed century or two ago when present matron taked over the house after her mother died naturally knife on her back). Would our matron mother mind if I would be house leading mage and personal advisor (advisor I mean that matron sometimes ASKS a opinion from me and she asks most often from me)?

strangely made

Hmmmmm non drow slave??? your character could have very interesting life ( Short but interesting) Glabrezubane.

Strife

I’d be happy to play, alas however, I have read neither the books nor know of where they can be bought/read?  ???

Strife, however was originally meant to be drow ...
"Those who embody defiance, Shall meet with a deadly fatigue"

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Sexual Standing: Dominant (Although i dont mind playing sub)
Limits: site limits, guy/guy.

Idachan

I was thinking a bit on the line of odd one out, perhaps she could be Zaer´s apprentice if he is leading mage for the house? A girl definently not priestess material but the house puts up with her because of her talent that Zaer is supposed to hone and train.

strangely made

Strife, I've only read one of the Novels. most of my knowlege comes from tabletop and LaRP ..I'm sure you could quickly pick up the idea.

Come play Drow ...join the dark side. :)

PhoenixBlaze

Alright I'm confused a little. I get priestesses can have snakewhips as weapon, but can they have anything else? I might have to reread the books again, for the houses and what not.

Lirliel

Quote from: PhoenixBlaze on March 14, 2006, 09:50:33 AM
Alright I'm confused a little. I get priestesses can have snakewhips as weapon, but can they have anything else? I might have to reread the books again, for the houses and what not.

As you can read, Briza (Malice's daughter) had a mace as well as a weapon. Plus most drow women are trained fiercely in both mental domination spells, summoning spells and damage spells creating a rather vicious clerical type of character ;)

Quote from: Idachan on March 14, 2006, 04:30:11 AM
I was thinking a bit on the line of odd one out, perhaps she could be Zaer´s apprentice if he is leading mage for the house? A girl definently not priestess material but the house puts up with her because of her talent that Zaer is supposed to hone and train.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 14, 2006, 03:10:34 AM
I would be intrested, I had toughts to play a male wizard/psion (you know the special PrC which combines arcane and psion studies? My char is that). Of course if we have female wizard, then we both are likely rivals but in sense I am 'superior' to her in Sorcerer thanks just being male student and plus I have some edge towards most other casters thanks for having psionic tricks ;).

Anycase, in heritage wise my char is matron mother's deceased sister's oldest son (sister which was killed century or two ago when present matron taked over the house after her mother died naturally knife on her back). Would our matron mother mind if I would be house leading mage and personal advisor (advisor I mean that matron sometimes ASKS a opinion from me and she asks most often from me)?

@ Zaer, Ida-chan

I would consider the choice for a drow female wizard open then, perhaps you (Zaer) could tweak your character a little to play as a part-time patron as well. It would have enough effects, a Matron mother as your bedmate plus being a master in sorcere makes your character pretty vicious to deal with. As long as he's drow I'm cool with it ;)

@ Ravye13, at least that is if you want to become full time weapon master, otherwise you will stay to half/half like you are now. Ps, using a war-trident is quite ok. I've reviewed the idea and Baerne's son in The Dark Elf Trilogy used a spear, so a trident wouldn't be so far fetched.

Quote from: Glabrezubane on March 13, 2006, 11:00:49 PM
Considering.... but... is it all Drow? Truthfully? While I can do evil and manipulative, I just prefer nicer characters. Perhaps a non-drow slave that was recently captured? Would a male aasimar necromancer be acceptable? (If we were using the alignment system, he'd be Lawful Good. Old character of mine I'm rather fond of.)

Well.. that would limit him to being tortured and being sacrificed to Lloth pretty darn fast, pretty sure that's not what you want. As we'll be playing mostly Drow, offcourse you COULD make him a lawfull good drow (Drizzt) but as said in the opening post do not count on your life to be a piece of cake *Smirk*

Quote from: Strife on March 14, 2006, 04:16:50 AM
I’d be happy to play, alas however, I have read neither the books nor know of where they can be bought/read?  ???

Strife, however was originally meant to be drow ...

(Forgot your post.. silly me)

Hmm, I'm sure we can help you along quite well. You can start out as secondboy, which would result in a slightly less 'pressing' appointment in the family then Elderboy.

Any more questions, feel free to ask. Ps, thanks for all whom have already answered some of the pending questions... sure you'll make house D'nachsor very.. 'intresting' ;)

PhoenixBlaze

When are we going to start it? Now that I have sit here and read all this it's bugging me to get going.  ;D ;)

Lirliel

Well if everyone would post there initial characters here I'd get a pretty good view of what everyone would like to be.

Name:
Race:
History:
Place in Drow Society (House and City):