Adventure in the Ruins of Azlant (Pathfinder)

Started by Hexed, January 31, 2018, 09:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexed

Well now that is quite the collection of rock hard shafts. O.o

I suppose though it depends on the golem, really don't see swarm golems being for that. :p

And yeah. No way in hell or the abyss are swarms of anything except maybe pixies gonna try for that kinda stuff. And the pixies are probably only getting in your clothes to steal shinies!

@eBadger Nice! Had me scratching my head and digging things up for the psychic parts. Did you change her race half way through? Your sheet says Goliath while the post says half giant? She might fit in with the guards. Maybe. They'd be leery of the tall (How tall?) firebrand of a lass.

@Mr L O.o I wasn't aware that the Ruins tied into any of the paths. The stuff I've read certainly hasn't mentioned that. Or I just haven't recognized names.  Sorry to see you go, but good luck on your adventures with your friend!

Since Mr L did have some good questions!

Archetypes are stackable so long as the don't effect each others changes. With caveats. If they look compatible (One archetype changes the familiar to a specific one, a second limits selected familiars to certain traits but the specific familiar of the first matches the needed traits of the second) I'll probably give the go ahead. Within reason of course. No using two archetypes that both wipe out the same feature for their own.

Alternative racial traits are fine, they're there for more options after all!

If you've got a prehensile tail five pounds of lift sounds about right. :)

Chulanowa

on hte one hand, I think Ranger sounds fun... on the other hand, I think this group needs some skills. Hmmm! So it's like Bard, Ranger, Lore Warden Fighter, Skald, or Rogue.

Hexed

Pish posh. Go for FUN!

Or you can do both and use a hunter or slayer. :D

eBadger

Thank you!  Hopefully not too much psychic stuff.  The race comes with two points so wanted something to make use of it.  In short, she can mini-teleport 5' 2/day as an immediate action.  Handy for taking a swing and jumping back. 

And yes, initially made her for a game with a custom race.  Read Goliath as half giant...

She's a smith, so brings more to an expedition than just whacking things, but obviously a berserker first.  She's about 8', a big girl but not so much to make it an issue. Just more used than most to having men stare at her tits....

Hexed

At 8' I bet tit staring is something she gets a lot of. Kinda hard to stare up at her face past them if they don't back up about six feet. :)

A teleporting magic casting rage smith. O.O  That's gonna be interesting. Good news! There is a smithy! Bad news ya gotta share it.

PixelatedPixie

The water is in Kaesla Zin's blood.  She was born in a fishing village, and raised on a fishing boat.  She likes to claim that she learned to swim before she ever learned to walk.  Her grandfather always liked to joke that they were descended from mermaids that got sick of being wet. 

The years were not kind to the village.  The fish dwindled, and predators both natural and unnatural became more common.  The fishing fleet had to venture ever farther from the home port, putting it at risk of disaster, piracy, and simple navigation errors.  The village shrank as entire families vanished with each boat.  By the time Kaesla was an adult, there was little left to keep her.  Her immediate family had long since passed, and what was left of her extended family were scattered among the boats of the fleet. 

The world though, it offered opportunity.  Especially for one such as her.  Kaesla had long known she was different.  Ever since she fell in the sea and should have drowned at nine.  She could breath as easily underwater as she could above, and swim as well as any.  So she caught a ship to Almas, hoping to make it big in the big city.

Kaesla was hired by the Bountiful Venture Company to hunt and provide food.  It was a sad job, and not at all in line with her dreams.  But at least she would get to see the world.

I am still working on the sheet!  But it has the basics.  Basic idea is she is a NG Undine Jungle Rager Barbarian, but with the Mostly Human (mostly because I couldn't find any undine images I liked) and Amphibious racial qualities.  The Jungle Rager doesn't kick in until level 2 (which she will take the favoured terrain of water).  In terms of gear she wants, I am not sure yet.  In terms of adult content, I am fine with most anything and prefer a fair bit of non-con.
Character
Neutral Good Undine (Jungle Rager) Barbarian 1

STR 14
DEX 18
CON 14
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 10

HP 13/13
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0

Racial Traits
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
+2 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Str
Humanoid (Human)
Outsider (Native)
Aquatic Subtype
Medium Size
30’ Land Move, 30’ Swim Move
Can move in water without making swim check
Swim always a class skill
Base Languages: Common
Energy Resistance: Cold 5
Hydrated Vitality: Fast healing 2 for 1 round when submerged.  Max 2/day
Amphibious: Gain aquatic subtype, amphibious quality
Darkvision 60’
Mostly Human: Appears (mostly) human

Traits
Seasoned Hunter (animal): +1 attack vs animals
Armour Expert: -1 armour check penalty

Class Traits
BAB +1
Fort +2
Fast Movement: +10’ land speed
Rage: Can rage 4+con per day.
Proficient all simple and martial weapons
Proficient light and medium armour.  Shields but not tower

Skill Ranks
Acrobatics 1, Knowledge (Nature) 1, Perception 1, Survival 1, Swim 1

Equipment
1 GP
4 SP
Chain Shirt (+4AC, Max 4 Dex, -2* AC Penalty, 25lbs)
Longspear (1d8, x3, P, Brace, Reach, 9lbs)
Greatsword (2d6, 19-20/x2, S, 8lbs)
Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2, P or S, 10ft., 1lb)

Backpack (2lbs)
Bedroll (5lbs)
5x Fishhook
Flint and Steel
Belt Pouch (0.5lbs)
10x Trail Rations (10 x 1lbs)
Silk Rope 50ft. (5 lbs)
Waterskin (4 lbs)
Explorer’s Outfit
Traveler’s Outfit

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Hexed

Lets see.

Sheofthelongname :D  has a barbarian
eBadger has a bloodrager
Saric has an Oracle
Thorne has a witch
Angie's got a sorceress
Chulanowa's still deciding.
Waldman's dunno?

I think that's all the one's with characters. A rather interesting selection too.

That jungle rager archetypes interesting. Took a bit of srd digging to figure all that stuff out. She almost looks like the start of a navy seal type fighter. :)

And that is going to be a lot of magic floating around no matter how things go. Which will be amusing.

I will say I'm surprised no one's bringing up third party stuff or using the sphere stuff. What I've seen third party gets brought up a lot in these seeking threads.

Saric

Quote from: Hexed on February 04, 2018, 09:05:36 PM
Sheofthelongname :D  has a barbarian
eBadger has a bloodrager
Saric has an Oracle
Thorne has a witch
Angie's got a sorceress
Chulanowa's still deciding.
Waldman's dunno?
*snip*
And that is going to be a lot of magic floating around no matter how things go. Which will be amusing.

I will say I'm surprised no one's bringing up third party stuff or using the sphere stuff. What I've seen third party gets brought up a lot in these seeking threads.

And rather heavy on the arcane magic and light on the divine, but not on healing, as well! Gonna be interesting for sure! :P

I mean most GM's ban all third party stuff, so I've never even looked through most of it. I like the psionic stuff but I've been wanting to run a Calistain for a while now and you can't really get psionic loot in a module. If you just add it you can break it if it's balanced for the normal loot and to trade things out takes a ton of extra work and balancing against both the module and the party, since only one person can use it. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Thorne

The only third party stuff I'd usually bother with is by Kobold Press, and as Saric rightly says, most GMs disallow the lot, so I never remember to turn it on. ^^;

Dreamscarred Press has some interesting stuff too, but I haven't had a chance to read up on most of it.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Hexed

Dreamscarred press does have some nice stuff, rather fond of the Aegis myself. :)

That is a good point about most of the GM's banning it. My normal group is rather fond of Drop Dead Studio's Sphere of power/might stuff so I guess I'm just used to browsing the 3p stuff.

Might have a point about working the loot in too. We always use the psionics is just another form of magic portion so the stuff's fairly easy to find.

Saric

Quote from: Hexed on February 04, 2018, 10:26:56 PM
Dreamscarred press does have some nice stuff, rather fond of the Aegis myself. :)

That is a good point about most of the GM's banning it. My normal group is rather fond of Drop Dead Studio's Sphere of power/might stuff so I guess I'm just used to browsing the 3p stuff.

Might have a point about working the loot in too. We always use the psionics is just another form of magic portion so the stuff's fairly easy to find.

I mean 'psionics is magic' works fine for the bonus to stat items and the like, but including the bracers that make your psi-blade do adamantine damage, or cold iron, or including power stones for the psion to learn from instead of scrolls for the wizard can get ridiculous quickly. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Chulanowa

it is super hard to find images of male halflings that i like  :-\ You'd think halflign thief-type dudes would be a dime a dozen!

I am, by hte way, going for a rogue or bard; I know we got a lot of charisma and magic already but dem skills!

Saric

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 04, 2018, 10:51:05 PM
it is super hard to find images of male halflings that i like  :-\ You'd think halflign thief-type dudes would be a dime a dozen!

I am, by hte way, going for a rogue or bard; I know we got a lot of charisma and magic already but dem skills!

I mean I don't normally play a HealSlut so the more secondary healers we've got the better in my book! :P

eBadger

Quote from: Hexed on February 04, 2018, 09:05:36 PMI will say I'm surprised no one's bringing up third party stuff or using the sphere stuff. What I've seen third party gets brought up a lot in these seeking threads.

Half giant is dreamscarred, actually, but didn't seem so overpowered that I was unduly concerned about it and the giants-norse-berserker image was too much to resist. 

I was initially thinking of bringing in my Lust Paladin, but she seemed too similar to Saric's concept. 

Chula - with a bloodrager and barbarian, a skald would be lovely.  And yes, most of the reason I wind up playing so many female characters is the lack of decent artwork.  I need something with emotion and not just an image, and "blandly stoic" seems to be the male fantasy default. 

Chulanowa

Skald's raging song actually doesn't stack with Bloodrage or vanilla barbarian rage. All three give Morale bonuses to Strength and Constitution; since they're the same type of bonus, applied to the same stats, only the highest would apply. However Unchained barbarian's rage is actually an untyped bonus, to attack and damage; it would stack with Raging Song and a Bard's Inspire Courage  ;D

And yeah, i have the same problem with male vs. female images. I mean there's loads of worthless limp-faced hundred-yard-stare female images out there sure, but there's just as many that convey actual personality and expression... but nearly every male image is "hypermasculine brooding hardass" or something.

Hexed

eBadger

No stacking; but I use my bonuses and no fatigue after.  So even better, in a way.  Free rage ftw!

Saric

Quote from: eBadger on February 05, 2018, 02:42:40 AM
*snip*
I was initially thinking of bringing in my Lust Paladin, but she seemed too similar to Saric's concept. 

Chula - with a bloodrager and barbarian, a skald would be lovely.  And yes, most of the reason I wind up playing so many female characters is the lack of decent artwork.  I need something with emotion and not just an image, and "blandly stoic" seems to be the male fantasy default.

I wouldn't have minded in the least! It would have given Serra someone to compare sexual techniques with and try to convert! >:)

I mean I find a lot of 'emotional' barbarian men, the emotion is just always rage... :P

Thorne

... I am not going to have a shortage of targets for the Ward hex, I can tell. o.O
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Hexed

Quote from: Saric on February 05, 2018, 12:10:35 PM
I wouldn't have minded in the least! It would have given Serra someone to compare sexual techniques with and try to convert! >:)

I mean I find a lot of 'emotional' barbarian men, the emotion is just always rage... :P

Better then Sith rp. Evidently passion means nothing but pure, raw rage and hatred. Never mind that it's actually ANY emotion to the extreme that can fuel a sith.

@Thorne Two barbarians and some squishy casters. Extra AC is never going to be unwanted. :p

Angie

Quote from: Hexed on February 05, 2018, 07:12:15 PM
Better then Sith rp. Evidently passion means nothing but pure, raw rage and hatred. Never mind that it's actually ANY emotion to the extreme that can fuel a sith.

@Thorne Two barbarians and some squishy casters. Extra AC is never going to be unwanted. :p

Well, soon as we hit 3rd I have Mage Armor. And I might be tempted to spec into Arcane Armor Training...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: Hexed on February 04, 2018, 09:05:36 PM
That jungle rager archetypes interesting. Took a bit of srd digging to figure all that stuff out. She almost looks like the start of a navy seal type fighter. :)

I was just looking through stuff on d20pfsrd, hopefully I didn't pull from too many sources.  The Jungle Rager just seemed more interesting for water than some of the others I looked at (Sharptooth), especially when I made her Undine. 

I missed that eBadger was going Bloodrager so can switch to something else if more variety is desired.  An Oceanrider Cavalier (Order of the Waves) could be largely similar in general concept. 

eBadger

I added Maki the Blue, Paladin of Lust, to my character posting as an alternative.  Won't stat her up for now, but would be easily done if she's picked - just need to adjust for level, stats and gear. 

I'm also fine with a pair of ragers, though.  I've never really felt a perfectly balanced group is either necessary nor the most fun. 

Hexed

Aye. Post what you'd like to play. No need to worry about similars, could have a party of four barbarians. Wouldn't work for the AP but would be fun. :p

And no, you didn't snatch too many sources. It was the subtypes and such I had to dig up. The srd didn't link to the right spots for them. :)