Cleaning a laser mouse

Started by The Dark Raven, December 15, 2017, 11:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

I'm just generally looking for pointers on this. 

I have long hair and have apparently (somehow....how?!?!?) gotten hair wrapped around the spindle of the 3rd (middle) mouse wheel.  Any pointers on cleaning that hair out?  It's starting to damage my calm with the weird back-scrolling it does when I'm trying to scroll down.

Any help appreciated!

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Nymphadora

I sometimes get a load of lint (mostly cat hair and fluff) and such in that same space and end up with a similar problem. Makes me nuts too.

I'm not sure this will work for long hair... What I do is I use a needle or pin to slide down next to the wheel of my mouse and will try and catch the intrusion with the point and draw it out. It takes some patience and careful work but it comes of for me...  All depends on the housing around the wheel, I'd expect. My centre wheel wiggles a little in it's opening so there's room to do this.

Hope this helps!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

The Dark Raven

I'm thinking I may need to buy some of those pointy pointy tweezers....

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

HockeyGod

I sadly just buy new ones these days...but I used to use a seam ripper:

The Dark Raven

Quote from: HockeyGod on January 30, 2018, 06:13:23 PM
I sadly just buy new ones these days...but I used to use a seam ripper:

I bought a new one.  :)