When Two Worlds Collide

Started by Animegurl5, January 18, 2012, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animegurl5

"We start by cleaning the dishes that Mama used to cook with. They have been sitting the longest and if they sit anymore they will be even harder to clean in the long run." Smiled, pulling her hair back into a pony tail to keep it out of the way. "Why thank you. Too bad it has to go up for this, I rather hate my hair up." She finished tying it back and grabbed the large cooking dishes, and piling them next to the sink basin. Putting the plug into the drain she pumped up the water to fill the sink to the perfect height. "This will go alot faster if we create a cleaning chain. So pick your job, scrubbing or drying?"
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Kaernak

"I will take scrubbing!  You don't have to help you know, I can handle it.  Unless you," he shot her a look, "just enjoy being around me."  He picked a dish and dunked it into the water, scrubbing at it furiously to remove the tiniest spots.  He remembered being younger when he and his sister used to clean together.  He always preferred drying then but felt like scrubbing the dishes would somehow scrub away the earlier events of the day.  He remembered the pouch of coin at his pocket.  "Does your town have a courier that goes to the other surrounding towns??"

Animegurl5

"You wish this was all about you." She said slyly though now that she thought about it, she really did like spending time with him. His question brought her out of the clouds and back down to the kitchen. She thought about it a moment, grabbing a towel then the absolutely spotless dish. "Oh you mean Teddy? Yeah, he goes out and about but only returns one a week. He doesn't return to this town for another three days though. Why do you ask?" She kept her eyes on the dish, gently saoking up all the water to leave it as dry as possible.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Kaernak

"Was going to send some money to the inn I was last at.  Their groom is familiar with my horse.  Thought I'd pay him to keep an eye out," the words came out too easily.  You are getting good at this.  "No matter though.  It can wait.  Perhaps he'll find his way here and I won't have to worry much."  The scrubbing and rinsing became mechanical, though thorough, and he lost himself in thought for a time while working.  "Your drying is top notch.  Where did you get so good at it?"

Animegurl5

"I have always been good with my hands. I can sew, build, dry dishes... But just because I am doesn't mean I do, which I think is what bothers my mother so much. I have so much talent and all I want to do is explore. She thinks I have knack for falling into danger... Though you have already witnessed that bit. I believe she told me once that if I wasn't careful with myself, that I would end up with a knife in my back." She rolled her eyes as she dried yet another dish so it looked as if it had never touched the water to begin with.

Kaernak

"I've seen the falling...but not necessarily into danger."  He grinned at her.  Knife in her back.  There you go.  No one would be surprised.  Shaking his head silenced the voice again.  "Exploring isn't a bad thing.  I've spent a good bit of my life doing exactly that, though mine was more self-exploratory than based on location.  All it takes is a bit of good luck and the drive to keep going.  Even when its rainy, muddy, and horrible you have to keep going."  He smirked.  "Someone once told me, as we climbed up out of the mud to continue pushing his wagon, that we fall only to prove to ourselves that we can get up again." 

Animegurl5

"I like that. I hope you don't mind, but I plan to use that someday." She smiled amd dryed the last of the cooking dishes. "I'll be right back. Just need to collect the dishes we ate from." She rushed out of the room and collected those, ignoring the look her parents gave her. "Oh shut up and go do something productive with your lives." She stuck her nose up in the air as she returned with the dishes from their lunch. "Here you go."

Kaernak

"What was that all about?" he laughed as she returned. 

Animegurl5

"Oh nothing. Just my parennts being.... My parents." She smiled and then dumped them next to the sink.

Kaernak

Kalys pulled the first dish into the water and started scrubbing.  "Should I go?  I don't want them mad at you over me."

Animegurl5

"Oh no. That's not it at all. Infact I am pretty sure my parents adore you. Perhaps just a little too much. My mother most of all."

Kaernak

"I'm glad I've made a good impression then," he dunked the last dish into the water and scrubbed it clean and handed it to her.  "Now for your brother..."

((reply, but I'm headed out to dinner.  be back soonish))

Animegurl5

"Yeah, my brother. Take my bow with you? All the arrows are dulled for sparring purposes, show him how sneaky you really are."

((Don't worry/ I was away crossing over a load of laundry that half the clothes didn't even go in the dryer.))

Kaernak

((okay back!))

"Me, sneaky?  I recall YOU getting the drop on me in the grass.  I am not the slightest bit sneaky.  I'm just going to talk to the boy.  Don't worry...I have my own brand of surprises in store for him."  Reaching into his pouch from earlier, Kalys withdrew a black rubber ball.  "He won't even see it coming."  He grinned and threw it against the side of the house.  It ricocheted off their to bounce against one of the dummies and then into her brother's head.  "There we go.  Now he'll be paying attention."  Kalys pulled his cloak around himself, lowered his hood around his face and took a circuitous route to pick up the ball before her brother saw him.  "Bad night?" he inquired from the shadows, placing the ball back into its pouch.

Animegurl5

Skylar had to hide the laughter that bubbled in the back of her throat as the ball struck the back of her brother's head. Having not been paying much attention he lost his balance and fell forward when the ball struck. "Hey, what was that for?" He raged, getting up and looking about but saw no one. It wasn't until a few moments later that Kalys spoke to him. "What ever would give you that idea? And even if I were, how does it make logical sense to throw a ball at me to make me feel better?!" Jake growled, but it was mostly out of his hurt pride.

Kaernak

"You don't pay attention to your surroundings.  A strike can come from anywhere.  That's twice you've fallen today which proves you are off balance, even in the best of times."  Kalys stepped out of the shadows.  'The question is this:  how can you protect your family, and sister, if you can't even stand on your own two legs?"  Kalys remembered this lesson well.

Animegurl5

"I can stand on my own two legs just fine, thank you." Jake growled staring at their new guest. "Why are you even here anyway? You hardly know my sister and yet you follow her home like a lost puppy, what is it that you hope to gain?" He questioned holding his ground despite how nervous he felt about this guy. There was something off about the way he was with Skylar and how different he was out here. "I swear to God if you hurt my sister..."

Skylar watched from around the corner and up a tree, which was much safer to climb. She smiled at her brother's bold attitude and his courage but she knew it to be tinged with a slightly foolish pride. She smiled and watched, waiting to see what her new friend would teach Jake through example and herself by observation.

Kaernak

((approved, hooray!))

"You swear what?  I put a ball into the back of your head without even looking at you.  What do you think you can get by making idle threats?"  he eyed the boy calmly.  "If you want a fight you'll only be teaching yourself a lesson in pain."  Kalys shifted his weight forward to the balls of his feet.  "And as far as standing on your own two feet...well...I've yet to be convinced of that."

Animegurl5

((*claps* Woot! Congratz, welcome to the land of approvalship. :P))

"What do you know? Absolutely nothing, you are just some mutt that my sister picked up from the side of the road. She is always sticking her nose into where it doesn't belong. I mean how would she know, how would any of us know if you were actually just passing through or if there was something else behind your visit. I don't care what you are here for, I just want you to leave quickly and leave Skylar alone." He turned around as if he were going to head back inside. Now Skylar was watching with immense interest.

Kaernak

"I know vastly more than you do, youngling.  You would be wise to not turn your back on someone you suspect is dangerous.  Words are one thing," he pounced forward, grabbed one of the boy's wrists, planted his feet and hips and spun the boy to the ground, " actions are another.  Be careful, or you will find that standing on your own two feet isn't enough."

He released the boys wrist and walked towards Skylar slowly, shaking his head.  He made eye contact with her and shrugged.

Animegurl5

Skylar laughed as her brother did yet another faceplant into the ground. He stayed there for a little while even after he was released, obviously his pride being damaged by Kalys. Hopping down from her perch, she landed beside Kalys with a playful glare. "You know I am never going to hear the end of this, right?" Even still she continued to laugh and completely missed the look her brother gave her as she walked away. He stalked away into the house and up into his room where he slammed the door and completley ignored his food.  Skylar, however, was not going to let Kalys' little trick go unnoticed. "So how exactly does your magic work? Just throw an object and think of your target... Make it find it's own way? It's quite interesting, if I do say so myself."

Kaernak

"If I told you the trick, it wouldn't be magic anymore," he smiled to her.  "Do you want a lesson in combat without heated words?  You could be quite good if you wanted to be.  You carry a knife but I doubt you know how to use it.  Most of knife fighting is grappling and you would be easily overpowered by a larger combatant," Kalys stated these words as fact.  "Unless you have some other magic that you've yet to show me."

Animegurl5

"I accept your challenge, kind sir, but if I were to tell you about my own magic...well there wouldn't be much point in trying to use it to my advantage." She smirked, twirling around in a circle as if she hadn't just accepted a sort of sparring match. "I want to test you however... See these surrounding trees? The land they sit on is our own. There is a perimeter of stakes that mark our land, that is how far out we may go. Let's see how well you do on my home turf, shall we? I'll even be so kind as to either let you take the first move or a ten second headstart. Your choice." Her playful smile was gone and was replaced by a more serious mask... It was hardly ever seen by anyone, mostly since many didn't know of her fighting skills... But anyone who knew her well enough, knew she took challenges quite seriously.

Kaernak

He stood balanced on the balls of his feet.  "I need no such charity as a head start or a first move.  What are the rules?  Weapons?  Bare handed?"  While asking he had begun removing his cloak and tossed it to the side, it landing with a muffled thump.  He removed his wrist sheath and tossed it to his coat as well.  "Then again," he said, unfastening the several knives on his belt and adding them to the growing pile of personal belongings, "I don't suppose the rules matter.  You show me what you know, and I will do my best to return the favor."  He extended one hand, bent slightly at the elbow, fingers gesturing for her to come forward.  His two hands then met, fist meeting palm and bowed.  "Kalys Trevarden, no particular style."  Good, using an assumed name.

Animegurl5

Placing one hand on her stomach she swept the other one out in a bow as if this were nothing more than a dance. She never took her eye off of him though and spoke in a clear voice. "Skylar Karah Morriana, master of the pay attention and you will find out what syle. Anna taistelu alkaa, Let the battle commence." She let her body drop forward, balancing on one hand for a moment before sweeping her legs around in an attempt to knock him off his. Even if she didn't suceed in this maneuver, which she didn't expect to, he would have to dodge in a way that left her with a clear passage to the trees. She already had the feeling that this was going to be a fight to remember.