Recruiting: high scale Pathfinder, Taldor, aka Byzantium focused

Started by Kolbrandr, June 02, 2013, 03:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebb

Quote from: Kolbrandr on June 15, 2013, 09:40:42 PM
Oh, Phaia, knowledge nobility is as noted by others another good one, since you would be moving in the circles of a bunch.

Knowledge (carnal)? :-)

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Kolbrandr

I don't actually want to make people have to take a bazillionty knowledges 3.5 style. If necessary I will decide which existing knowledge covers that sort of thing ;p But just taking a related profession instead is fine too.

kckolbe

Quote from: Kolbrandr on June 15, 2013, 10:15:08 PM
I don't actually want to make people have to take a bazillionty knowledges 3.5 style. If necessary I will decide which existing knowledge covers that sort of thing ;p But just taking a related profession instead is fine too.

Knowledge: Knowledge skills, necessary for 3.5
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Phaia

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 15, 2013, 10:11:24 PM
I did take Knowledge (sexual techniques) actually. ^_^

**takes notes**

how bout Knowledge: Karma Sutra  O:)

anyway I played with several roll sites and finally went back to get this

Roll ID Viewer ID Time Rolled Roll Summary
47321 Noone or Anyone 2013-06-15 22:12:28 At 2013-06-15 22:12:28, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 5d5k3a3 Result: 15
47320 Noone or Anyone 2013-06-15 22:12:17 At 2013-06-15 22:12:17, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 5d5k3a3 Result: 18
47319 Noone or Anyone 2013-06-15 22:12:02 At 2013-06-15 22:12:02, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 5d5k3a3 Result: 15
47318 Noone or Anyone 2013-06-15 22:11:59 At 2013-06-15 22:11:59, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 5d5k3a3 Result: 16
47317 Noone or Anyone 2013-06-15 22:11:56 At 2013-06-15 22:11:56, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 5d5k3a3 Result: 15
47316 Noone or Anyone 2013-06-15 22:11:52 At 2013-06-15 22:11:52, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 5d5k3a3 Result: 13
47315 Noone or Anyone 2013-06-15 22:11:46 At 2013-06-15 22:11:46, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 5d5k3a3 Result: 13

str 13/ Dex 15/ Con 15/ Int 16/ Wis 15/ Cha 18

Better??

is there any starting bonus to skill points? with gesalt ya get the best of the 2 classes I know just curious if there was anything else since it seems to me we will be using a lot of skills [more so then combat- maybe-]

Phaia

Kolbrandr

If people end up generally feeling really thin on skills I'll consider it, but not right now, gestalt means you probably do end up with a semi favourable skill point track is what that is.

kckolbe

Remember that you can use favored class to get an extra skill point per level.

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Skill points for me were not an issue base 6 + Int 4 + Favored Class 1 + Human Bonus 1 for 12 a Level.

But GM I'm still keeping Knowledge (philosophy) at 2 Ranks its an area she is interested in.  :P

Kolbrandr

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 15, 2013, 10:34:34 PM
Skill points for me were not an issue base 6 + Int 4 + Favored Class 1 + Human Bonus 1 for 12 a Level.

But GM I'm still keeping Knowledge (philosophy) at 2 Ranks its an area she is interested in.  :P

I would probably rule knowledge religion covering that  :P

RubySlippers

Noooooooooo.  :-\

Anyway my character will attach to House Sclerina. I have good alignment reasons.  ;D

Phaia

Quote from: Kolbrandr on June 15, 2013, 10:19:32 PM
If people end up generally feeling really thin on skills I'll consider it, but not right now, gestalt means you probably do end up with a semi favourable skill point track is what that is.

shouldnt be a problem after all if i can get my 'Lady' to level 14 [working on house and history] then the Bardic Versatile Performance  comes into play...by takeing 3 performs [sing/dance/keyboard] at max skill+class+ ability which = +21 those 3 performs can apply that bonus to Diplomacy, fly, acrobatics, bluff, sense motive. intimidate which is smoking for her

means in a sense she can really work a court just by being a skilled bard

so would Knowledge:Carnal be a skill or are you gonna allow profession to apply for that sort of thing  ;) :P after all with several ladies thier reputation in bed might be importent

Phaia

Kolbrandr

If needs be, a relevant profession can cover that sort of thing really. You don't need to take some new knowledge.

Phaia

I thought you mentioned somewhere on giving us a feat per level and that we could use one or more on non class feats? is so could I use for one something from another class...was thinking or "extra Hex" and having the ability to use 'Evil Eye' hex very lovely thing for court

Phaia

RubySlippers

Phaia

I found the dice roller and how to use it

Rolled on: June 15, 2013, 9:57 p.m.

5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 → [5,5,4,3] = (17)

5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 → [5,4,2,3] = (14)

5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 → [5,4,4,3] = (16)

5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 → [5,5,5,3] = (18)

5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 → [5,4,4,3] = (16)

Linkhttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4089909/HTML5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =17, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =14, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =16, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =17, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =17, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =18, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =16Characterhttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1256408Castle Forum[roll=phaia]#4089909[/roll]BBCode5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =17, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =14, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =16, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =17, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =17, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =18, 5d5.takeHighest(3) + 3 =16

so this is what I will use if its good and its from the site recommended 'Invisible Castle'

str 16/ Dex 16/ Con 17/ Int 17/ Wis 17/ Cha 18

good??

Phaia

RubySlippers

Phaia

thats okay Ruby...I will allow you to touch her cloak...not her robe just the cloak ;) ;)

well ya need a strong ally right??

Phaia

EroticFantasyAuthor

Quote from: Ebb on June 15, 2013, 09:14:02 PM
Just as a note, EFA, level 14 is the absolute tops of the scale. Canonically the Grand Prince of the whole Empire is level 14, and I think that a small handful of the heads of the biggest Houses are up there too. From what I've seen Kolbrandr hasn't made any NPC's who are higher than 14, even the major movers and shakers. So far my guy's level 11, and with gestalt characters I'm finding that's plenty powerful. So you might want to relax your standards a little and aim for something lower.

Oh, and I too have no issue with Ruby's character having massive wealth. I think that sounds like a fun angle to take on this kind of game, where financial power can be far more important than damage per combat round. But then again, I liked the wandering judge idea too.

That does put it in better perspective thank you, I had been expecting the grand prince(and other such NPCs) to be level 20+

I still plan to shoot for level 14 though(try to get high as possible that is), and will happily do needed work, just probably overthinking/self-doubt on faction building, which is why I've been looking for other world-building I can do that's more up my alley/already experienced with.

I plan for the Mercenary Company to have been around for about 5 years, realistically, how big would a basic("normal") guild/company/etc get in that time, for a base-line example?

avorae

Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

kckolbe

You have a lot of potential with those stats (same with Phaia...damn).  What's the concept, if you don't mind?

Intro Thread

kckolbe

I created a layout for Larsen's buildings using really simple formatting, still took forever.  Please check it out and let me know what you think.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Taldor--larsen_pike--The_Light_of_Nethys

Intro Thread

Ebb

Quote from: kckolbe on June 16, 2013, 11:14:29 AM
I created a layout for Larsen's buildings using really simple formatting, still took forever.  Please check it out and let me know what you think.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Taldor--larsen_pike--The_Light_of_Nethys

Points for effort, to be sure. But I think you'd be better served by whipping something up in a graphics program and just uploading the image. Or even a screenshot from maptool or something.

On Knowledge skills (not that it's a poll or anything), I'm strongly in favor of keeping strictly to the list in the Pathfinder rules. The problem with introducing new skills isn't finding a use for them -- that's easy. The problem is that if you take a new skill then the implication is that everyone else who didn't take that skill isn't as good at it. That leads to an arms race. For instance, if someone takes "Knowledge: Gambling" and then there's a scene where they're playing cards with someone, then they could reasonably expect (having spent the points on it) to be better at playing cards. But that's not fair to the second guy, who figured that this would be covered under some kind of Int check, or Bluff or something and didn't think to invent a new skill for it. I remember cases of that getting really out of hand in 3.5 games.

And welcome to the party, avorae and Phaia. The line for demigods forms on the left... (Nice rolling.)

RubySlippers

Just require knowledge skills affect knowledge not other skills I'm sure my two ranks in philosophy will not end civilization in the game its just not a common area of knowledge, some better read people like her would have some interest in that. In fact even Knowledge (engineering) is useless without skills to apply that knowledge say Profession (engineer) and various crafts.

Kolbrandr

Actually, Pathfinder has gone the route that the existing knowledges are more broadly applicable. So for instance knowledge: engineer will actually let you design various engineering related things as far as how various things have noted its use, it's why I note "you can probably just use knowledge: religion to cover knowledge: philosophy". Yes, in the case of things you come up with via engineering, you would need relevant crafts to then actually create them beyond the level of a blueprint or the equivalent, but that's more the whole architect/construction worker split.

Otherwise you can just take a related profession skill to cover something that would otherwise make no sense for your character to take a different base skills for, like if you don't particularly want the broad knowledge, or it's some skill that just has nothing to do with your shtick. So let's say there was some hypothetical gambler who did what they did via card counting and knowing percentages and the like instead of cold reading and manipulating people. The first guy would use something like Profession: Gambler or something, the second guy would use Bluff. And the actual skill rating would determine who was better.