Three Word Game

Started by lucretia, September 11, 2011, 03:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephemera

The very idea that she stood here, on these cobblestones, beneath this gaslight lamp was in itself a paradox that shook her limbs and caused her heart to beat so loudly her ears could hear little else in the foggy darkness.  Her mind reeled as the infrastructure of her entire worldview threatened to topple, in light of a reality she had always thought impossible.  She was a child of the eighties, grew up listening to Genesis and learning the "Thriller" dance -- and yet here she stood in her own version of "Back to the Future", wondering how to get the timeline to shift from sixteenth century London back to 2011.

sartorial, gallimaufry, deprivation
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

Mordred

Expecting to find a sartorial masterpiece, instead the threads glittering in the mirror told a tale of 'that which should not be'.. urging any set of hands nearby to find whatever sharp object to destroy this combined network of fabrics. It was as if the most twisted, chaotic mind had burped up the craziest gallimaufry of images, and somehow this bubble opened to release a visual atrocity. Surely even being crafted, it was breaking some sort of law, an act of deprivation of sanity to have assembled such a thing, requiring quick disposal into the nearest pit of fire.

Auditory, Salivating, Textures
*See Pillory*

Sybl

The noise of crispy fingers boiling in oil was too much Auditory for one day. The wolf began Salivating at the thought of eating fresh kill.  The Textures weren't right so the wolf left the crispy fingers and took [you] instead.  ;D

Market, pistol, graveyard

Mordred

The creature of the night realized something as he slowly shifted through dark shadows in the market at 3:11 am. It was nearly impossible to purchase a pistol at such an hour, regardless of the urgent need for such an object. He most likely would have more luck finding some cotton candy in the middle of a graveyard.

Carnival, Wayfarer, Scandalous
*See Pillory*

Anesa

The smell of warm funnel cakes and freshly popped corn thoroughly saturated the night air as the carnival lights burned brightly against the evening sky.  The young girl's heart pounded anxiously against her chest as her blue eyes sought out the handsome, olive skinned wayfarer who had held her in a lover's embrace.  Their scandalous affair would be kept secret as their world's were too diverse to find acceptance among men.

Persnickety, Peanuts, Panther

Ephemera

The young girl's nearly black eyes grew large in the light of the store window as she lurked in the shadows and watched the persnickety woman arguing with the poor old gentleman behind the counter.  The grandfatherly man smiled patiently though his eyes betrayed his exhaustion, and filled one last paper bag with chocolate covered peanuts, before ushering her out into the night and locking the door to the old biddie's scowl.  The corpulent, miserable woman turned to walk up the sidewalk, muttering under her breath as the girl shifted silently into panther and padded after her unknowing prey.

fairy-tale, reality, conflict
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

Kazuume

Gather round kiddies for a fairy-tale full of ghouls, witches, and Mordred…I mean vampires!  Our story starts with a conflict where the witch and the Mo….vampire fight over a crystal goblet of blue jello.  This went on for some hours until reality set in; both were now covered in the blue stuff and no one was going to get to eat it.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Ephemera

Quote from: Kazuume on October 27, 2011, 10:57:18 PM
Gather round kiddies for a fairy-tale full of ghouls, witches, and Mordred…I mean vampires!  Our story starts with a conflict where the witch and the Mo….vampire fight over a crystal goblet of blue jello.  This went on for some hours until reality set in; both were now covered in the blue stuff and no one was going to get to eat it.

Alas, the game is ended... as the lovely Kazuume did not offer three words for the next player's trifling amusement.
;)

Sybl

Using Ephemera's words:   Alas, the, game

Alas, Ephe, I must restart the lovely game.

Lining, Broth, Boat

Ephemera

(Huzzah Sybl!)

The poor girl lay upon her pillows, while grave faces stood lining the three sides of her bed.  "Drink your broth, my dear; it's good for you and will bring you back to health," the headmistress counseled gravely, nodding to the nurse to urge another spoonful.  The young girl sighed palely, and nodded, opening her mouth as the nurse played the silly "boat sailing into the harbor" game with the spoon.

missed, opportunity, vapor

Sybl

The stranger at the gate missed the party by hours due to his girlfriend's insistence she needed to shop at the mall first for a new dress.  Sadly his door to a new opportunity and a new location instantly vanished into a vapor, as his boss gave the job to his secretary with a substantial raise.

Porcupine, Scarf, Melody

Mordred

I was once an acquaintance of a very flamboyant porcupine. The silly spiked fella never left his little cave without a scarf tied firmly in place and a pair of shades shielding his sensitive eyes. What made him even stranger was when any song played within earshot, the odd little creature would match the melody with absolute precision!

Serum, Chrysanthemum, Plum
*See Pillory*

Ephemera

For lovesickness there must be a serum,
to counteract the potency of lust.
Were I a witch, I'd take chrysanthemum
and simmer it with ancient Incan dust.
I'd sprinkle liberally over a plum,
and bid the poor soul in its magic trust.

nightmare, beware, dare

Sybl

November is the month of many a nightmare.  Those closest to me better beware. I am moody during these times and don't you dare try to make me sleep.

Haunted, Sonority, Wrench

Ephemera

Autumn or Spring, dawn or dusk, this young lady was forever haunted.  Her smile never quite reached her eyes, and her heart was a great dark cavern with sonority that echoed her sadness.  The ghost of her past was ever present, ever threatening to wrench this fragile peace from her grasp and leave her reeling beneath the emotion.

knowledge, hope, insignia

Mordred

All their fountain of knowledge and still, they had to wake their Oldest. For months, the scrambling of ideas led to failure after miserable failure until the only hope was that the most notorious of their kind could somehow be brought back to 'life' and would be willing to help those that put him into the ground nearly a thousand years ago. Muttering a silent and ancient prayer, the young creature with fangs bit his lip, letting the precious drops of his powerful blood splatter into a small pool upon the casket's insignia.

Doom, Inevitably, Awaits
*See Pillory*

Kazuume

(sorry Ephemera that was an epic fail on my part! *hangs head in shame* )

Inevitably the black doom came to destroy all that was happy! Upon the hill, the hero awaits his chance to prove himself and save the day!

electrocute, execute, hazard
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Ephemera

Ahh zu... no worries.  It will be my turn to fail soon. ;)

Who knew emotion could be like electricity, could actually electrocute you if you're not cautious, not aware of the dangers that exist.  Anger, love, lust, fear, even joy, bliss and ecstasy can execute those who are unaware of the risks.  Of course, the hazard may well be something a girl like me would seek -- knowing that the pleasure in a veritable lightning ride of feelings is better than feeling nothing at all.

wings, sleeve, amber

Erotisch

Knowing the chilly breeze would take her if she went outside like this, she pulled the amber colored sweater over her head. She stepped outside, breathing in the fresh air, her autumn joy soaringt as if on the wings of eagles.

Erotisch

Crap! My three words. Sorry....clicked submit too soon!

Insanity * Brazen * Trust

Erotisch

Hahaha. Let's try this one more time.....

Knowing the chilly breeze would take her if she went outside like this, she pulled the amber colored sweater over her head and pulled up one sleeveever so lightly. She stepped outside, breathing in the fresh air, her autumn joy soaring as if on the wings of eagles.

Insanity * Brazen * Trust

Ephemera

(Welcome, Erotisch!)

I draw my insanity along with me, as though on a chain, bound for eternity to my left wrist.  You might think it a brazen attempt at normalcy, but I assure you, I am a simple girl, resigned to walk the path laid out for me.  Though my steps may falter on the twisted, overgrown path, I trust that in the end, I will find that pool wherein my reflection welcomes me home.

wolf, filigree, epiphany

Mordred

A long time ago, before the slight metamorphosis I endured, I had a very loyal pet wolf. On her fourth birthday, as was customary in those times, I placed around her strong neck an ornate filigree that was created specifically with her gorgeous fur in mind. Sadly, the next evening as I stumbled into her range of senses, forever changed, I was struck not only by her claws trying to rip into my neck but also the epiphany of thought that wolves and vampires simply do.. not.. mix.

Madness, Eternally, Conquers
*See Pillory*

Ephemera

As a young girl, I learned from Lewis Carroll that madness is a state much to be desired, no matter what the muggles said.  As a result of that conviction, I have spent my life thus far seeking the bizarre, the insane, and the fantastical; I'm likely to do so eternally.  I strongly believe that nothing conquers the boredom of an average life like the impractical, improbable and impossible.

convinced, message, flight

Sybl

I am thoroughly convinced if all goes well, the message I got in the mail today will cause me to take the first flight out of here to visit someone dear to me.

frustration, animosity, beans.