Star Wars: A New World [THE DARK SIDE WINS!!]

Started by Josietta, May 04, 2013, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falanor

Falanor looked back and forth at the accusations floating back and forth.  Stroking his beard with his forefinger and thumb he mulled over the heavy decisions that awaited him.  "Perhaps...perhaps we are moving too quickly with our judgements, my fellow Jedi."  Sighing softly as he heard the names be bandied about, "LunarSage, is there, perhaps no recourse in your decision?  Are you sure, truly so, that Aiden is the one?"

Looking at the man accused, "And you, Starlequin?  Why so quick to judge Kythia on just a suspicion?"  With a glance to the Wookie, a hand raised as if to signal for a question, and a shake a the head to dismiss trying to dissuade himself of potentially riling up  such a powerful creature.  "But, I suppose there is no way to get around this, is there?  No...Justice must be...served."

"With a heavy burden we must put one of us on trial," Falanor said, his eyes looking at each Jedi in turn before falling upon Ryven.  "I wish there was another way..."

Ryven

He watched as the votes mounted against him, but still, he remained silent and unwavering in his composure.  "When this is over, you will see that you all are letting the dark side cloud your judgment.  I, on the other hand, am ready to give myself unto the force.  Do as you must," he warned before sitting back contemplatively.

Josietta

As the votes came in and a call to cast them had ended, Ethan reentered the room with a straight back and head held high. He had high hopes in his young padawans and that they would make the right decision. If the force showed them the truth then they would all be better for it and the universe a safer place. Hopefully doubt and fear did not cloud their judgement.

Looking to each of them in turn he let his cowl fall behind him before he glanced to the accused with a heavy heart and a deep felt sigh.

"The decision has been made. The votes have been cast.  Padawan Ryven, please step forward.  You have been found guilty by your peers for the murder of Owen Skywalker. There is no pleading for your innocence only the hope that you will find your solace with the decision that has been made for you. May the Force be with you young one."

With that he was sent to the Rancor. Later the garments he wore beneath his robes were found in the bottomless pit of the fiendish creature. The padawans had sent one of their only defenses to his death. That day Ryven, the Force Knight became one with the force.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kythia

Kythia burst in, Padawan robes flying behind her.  "Stop!  Stop everything.  Master Owen has been murdered!  We must find the culprit!  Vote amongst ourselves who it could be and throw the guilty one to the rancor!  Quickly, there's no time for due process.  Start flinging baseless accusations all of you!"  She grabbed the nearest person by the robes "I think it was you!" she screamed in his face then abruptly turned and pointed a finger at another "Or you"

Slowly it dawned on her that the news of Master Owen's murder wasn't causing quite the commotion she had thought it might.  Could they already know?  Maybe she shouldn't have stopped to have a sandwich and watch the pod races before rushing to break the news.  Now she came to think about it it did maybe undermine the urgency a little. 

Smiling with embarrassment she smoothed down the ruffled robes of the person she had grabbed.

"Is....errrr.....is what I would say if I wanted to make it look like I hadn't been paying attention. Soooooooooo."  She made a popping sound with her mouth  "I hope there's no excitement or adventure to be had here.  Don't know about you guys but I certainly crave not those things.  Right?" she finished lamely.

Josietta

As the gathering of Padawans dispersed and one of their found to be dead by their own doing, heads hung heavy and the darkness of the night fell. Through the night not a sound was heard until dawn when the screeches of a bot could be heard chittering and squealing in high pitched noises. Ethan rushed to see what had happened and after listening to the bot, he was saddened to find that the Jedi Councilor, Kyrsa, had been murdered. No marks were found upon the body but no life had been left in it either. The Councilor had moved on to find her place with the Force, just as the Force Knight the previous day had done.

Ethan moved back to the main chamber area and looked to the Padawans that gathered. The Night Phase had ended and a New Day begins.

"It is time, once again, to determine who is part of the Sith and weed them out. I, implore you all to search within yourselves and make the right decision. Vote amongst yourselves and decide who we sent to the Rancor today for the terrible deeds done."

Having said what needed to be said he left the room to take care of the Jedi Councilor's remains.

-------------

Votes:

Aiden    1
Falanor  1
Mr Bigs  1
Kythia   1
BeMi      4
Remiel   1

Yet to Vote:  Silver

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kythia

"The Jedi Councilor, ey?

It's a long shot, I know.  But I remember in a class about Sith ranks that their apprentices aren't fully involved enough or something - I was actually a bit late to that class so missed the first bit - to be spotted by a Councilor.

So, sure, it could be bad luck.  But it could be that she turned her attention to an Apprentice and mistook them for a Padawan.  For that reason, Aiden, I'm kinda wary of you.  Purely because I see she was suspicious of you yesterday and so could well have spent some time last night looking into you a little deeper."

She shrugged.  "Eh, its not much to go on.  So I'm pretty happy to change if anyone has anything better."

Aiden

"Are you wary...or afraid? Have you been keeping up with your studies....we all heard what fear leads to, you sound paranoid. I have a feeling Falanor is leading us on, but my suspicions are not more valid then the rest of us." The man shared before he smiled. His confidence always bordered on arrogance, a trait the masters had tried to humble. "Late to class, meaning you might be conspiring with the sith?"

persephone325

"Oh no... Kyrsa...!" Persephone covered her mouth in surprise as her eyes grew wide. "How could I have suspected her??" The young girl kept to herself, but stayed near the others. But Persephone knew she shouldn't second guess herself. Her Jedi friends put their trust in her, and she wanted to make them proud.

She could hear Aiden and Kythia bickering. Aiden made a solid point regarding Kythia's whereabouts the previous day. The little seed of doubt was all it took for Sephie to become suspicious of the woman. At least until someone could prove otherwise.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

LunarSage

LunarSage was shocked that yet another had been murdered in their midst, and that they had killed an innocent.  He took a moment to meditate and regain his focus before he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.  He looked around the room and sighed, his heart heavy as his fellow padawans had already begun to bounce around accusations.  Finally he spoke, his voice remaining as calm as it could be under the circumstances.

"I don't wish to accuse anyone at this point.  I have no real reason to think any of us is guilty of these terrible crimes, but one of us has to be the culprit."

He sighed, torn by this.

"If I must cast a vote, then let it be for naught.  I don't want any innocent blood on my hands.  My vote is for Mr Bigglesworth."

He cast a glance at Mr Bigglesworth and nodded.

"I'm sorry.  It was truly a random choice and I hope you harbor no ill will toward me."

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth looked at LunarSage sagely; there was no shock or anger in his heart.

"My friend, I understand; after the mistake I made last week voting for Ryven..." His voice trailed off.  "I have tried to gather all of the wisdom I can find within me in casting this vote, but find no strong reason to suspect anybody over another at this point."

Mr. B. paused for a moment as he looked around at his fellow padawans, then continued "BeMi, I am sorry, but I am casting my vote for you; I have no strong reason to suspect, I hope you can forgive me if I am wrong."

He closed his eyes as he contemplated how he could connect closer to the Force, so as to see past the deception of the dark Sith.

Falanor

Falanor starred for a moment, "R-rancor?" he said in disbelief.  "I was not informed we would be 'Rancoring' people...did anyone else get that holomessage or was I out when it hit?"  Hearing his name being dropped as a guilty party to the death of the Councilor, he was pulled from his ramblings of not even knowing the Council kept a pet Rancor to Rancor people with.

"Now see here, Aiden.  I hold our council in the highest of regards..." he grumbled.  "I do, however, highly suspect the whereabouts of one whose very name is to Beguile."

Starlequin

Starlequin stood near the edge of the room across from the door, staring out one of the windows that overlooked the temple gardens. A lit cigarette rested between his thumb and forefinger and he lifted it to his lips for a brief drag. As a Councilor Kyrsa no doubt had tight security protecting her from danger, and she was a capable Jedi in her own right beside. Who could have gotten close enough to kill her? Starlequin exhaled a thin line of white smoke and crossed his arms thoughtfully. It had to be someone she trusted. A consummate Force user. And someone who how to circumvent her security measures. Which meant it could only be...

"Anybody," he muttered to himself as the others bandied their own suspicions and accusations about. One name did catch his attention though, as the most likely culprit. Beguil's Mistress.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Remiel

Remiel became increasingly more agitated as the argument raged around him.  First Ryven, and now Kyrsa--the Council had lost two good, loyal Jedi.  He had only one comment to make:

"HAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH!"

"HAAARRRRRRRRRGH!"

"My master says," interpreted the droid, "that he agrees with Mr. Bigglesworth.  He senses the Dark Side in Beguile's Mistress."

Beguile's Mistress

The Force was strong in BeMi but it seemed the Dark Side carried more power.  It is unfortunate, she thought, that a lack of experience can lead so many to ignore that which they should listen to. 

"I would influence you otherwise, my friends.  Only time will tell that your have decided poorly."  With no chance to overturn what seemed to be a foregone conclusion BeMi decided to share the love and vote for Remiel.

Josietta

QuoteVotes:

Aiden    1
Falanor  1
Mr Bigs  1
Kythia   1
BeMi      4
Remiel   1

Yet to Vote:  Silver

As the votes were cast and the die thrown, Beguile's Mistress was taken away. She was shown by a majority vote to be the one the padawans believed to be at fault. It disheartened many to think they could have made the wrong choice, and made others hopefully that their choices were good and force driven. Once the deed was done and complete, Ethan moved back to the room and looked to them each one with a solemn sigh and a shake of his head. It appeared they had made yet another mistake and had not yet caught even a single Sith redhanded. The dark ones were stronger now than he had ever seen. Mistakes had to be made at some point, but for now, they would mourn the loss of another Jedi.  Beguile's Mistress -- The Jedi Knight, the Jedi's Protector, had fallen and would join her brethren within the Force.

-----------------

Night Phase now begins.... Special roles send me your decisions if you have any to make.  Dark ones send me your target.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kythia

"We are amazing at picking out the most trained of us." Kythia remarked as she went to bed.  "Like, seriously.  This is uncanny.  One more to go guys, lets see if we can hit four for four."

Josietta

As the night drew to a close Mr Bigglesworth and Kythia, mere padawans were the only Jedi left standing and with the Sith surrounding them they put up a good fight, as much as they could before they were overtaken and sliced in half by the shining red lasered light saber. The Sith stood strong on that day and Ethan had at last found who killed his son but at the lives of those young padawan and Jedi's.  He fled in his ship with plans to return stronger and ready to take over the Sith, for his days would never be the same without Owen. Revenge in his heart and the pain of his loss could be his undoing. The Sith may have another recruit before too long.

-------------

Thank you all for your participation in my little game!  It seems the Jedi just had some bad luck there! I look forward to seeing you all in future games!

For your own knowledge, a list of our cast:

1. Persephone- Jedi Master and Storm Trooper for the Sith
2. Remiel - Padawan turned Storm Trooper
3. LunarSage - Bounty Hunter for the Sith
4. Starlequin - Storm Trooper
5. Mr Bigglesworth - Padawan
6. Silver - Sith Apprentice
7. BeMi - Jedi Knight
8. Aiden - Storm Trooper for the Sith
9. Ryven - Force Knight
10. Kyrsa - Jedi Councilor
11. Falanor - Sith Lord
12. Kythia - Padawan

Day One
Pesephone, a Storm Trooper for the Sith, was voted in as Jedi Master.
Ryven, The Force Knight, was sentenced to death by the Majority vote.

Night One
Kyrsa, The Jedi Councilor, was murdered.
Remiel, A Padawan was turned to the dark side becoming a Storm Trooper

Day Two
Beguile's Mistress, Jedi Knight, was sentenced to death by majority vote.

Night Two
The Sith took over killing the remaining 2 Jedi Padawans and claimed victory for themselves.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas