News:

Main Menu

DVD Regions

Started by King_Furby, November 01, 2008, 12:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

I am trying to buy a series on DVD. the thing is it's a discontinued item so i cant buy it from a store. I am having to look on e-bay.

my question is this.

I am region 1, but will a region 2 still work on my computer. I know it won't on my dvd player. But if i buy this item can i still play it on my PC? I got PC with Vista.

I am asking this because i can't find anything that is region 1 that isn't huge overpriced.

HairyHeretic

My wifes laptop as vista, and the DVD player on that is switchable. However, it will only let you switch a certain number of times before it locks to one region or another.

It may be possible for you to find firmware or software that you can use to make your player region free.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

King_Furby

thanks, ill look into that

HairyHeretic

If you google something along the lines of "region free" and the model of your dvd player you ought to find something. I did it with the DVD player I have hooked up to my TV. What I had to do was download the firmware to my PC, burn that to a DVD and play that in the player to flash the firmware in the player itself. Hopefully yours will just be software based, and less hassle than that.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.