Anyone interested in Victorian era?

Started by ObsidianRae, February 28, 2009, 07:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ObsidianRae

Well, I've not only role played in a fantasy/Victorian setting before, but the book I'm currently reading is set in Victorian London, and it's got me craving some role play in that time setting. I've not been able to find anyone from other places interested in this, however, so I've almost given up. But here goes!

The setting would, as I said, be Victorian time period, but fantasy. Any fantasy race would be fine, but the role plays I've done in the past, these creatures are hidden, or incognito. I find it adds a bit more to it. I would play either a human or elven woman, and then the male character would be some other race if I were human, or human if I were elven. Does that make sense? In any case, for this role play some basic knowledge of that time period really is necessary, though I'm certainly not a history buff. I do have a decent grasp on it, at least to the point of how women were expected to act and the technology available (or not available) at the time. So please keep that in mind, if you're interested. It wouldn't take more than a short search on Google to find out what you'd need to know, I'm sure, but the more the better.

I'm hoping to come up with other ideas soon. Thanks for reading!

The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet the light of the bright world dies, With the dying sun

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm interested, you could PM me, and we could work it out if you'd like. I'm pretty good with period pieces, and I do like writing characters for other settings, especially in time.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.